Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of Fung Shui ❯ It has begun... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Legend Of Fung Shui

Fung = wind

Shui = water

<Thinking>

"Talking"

I'm planning to make this story have five books this is the first one. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*

A figure was standing on the roof of the school. Watching the Card Mistress Sakura. He felt a certain dread fill him. She was the one he could feel it. She was the one who his mistress chose. To take this challenge. That is if she can get pass the first stage. "Enjoy your spare time while you can Sakura because soon you'll have to take the first test."

13-year-old Sakura was happily talking to her friends oblivious to what just happened. "So Madison do you have any plans for the summer holiday?"

"No Sakura, Oh how I wish I could still film you capturing Clow cards."

"What about you Li?"

"Uh…No " said a very red Li. <Stupid idiot just as her if she wants to visit Hong Kong with you> he thought.

Suddenly Sakura whirled around. "What's wrong?" Li asked.

"Didn't you feel that Li-kun?"

"Feel what?"

"That feeling. It felt like the wood card only stronger."

"The wood card only stronger?"

"Come too my house and we'll ask Kero."

"I don't think it's a good idea?"

"Don't worry Tory's away on a 5 day trip."

"Bye Sakura, Li-kun call me when you find anything!"

Sakura and Li went to her house where Sakura opened the door to the empty house. "Kero, I'm home!"

"Sakura! In here!"

Sakura walked in to the kitchen followed by Li. "Hey what is the kid doing here?"

"I'm not a kid!" and so the famous glaring competition begins.

"Can you two get your brains out of the gutter for just 5 minutes?"

"Hey, the kid started it!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did to-!"

"Kero, shut up or you get no pudding."

"WAAAAAA! Sakura please."

Sakura sighed. "Kero could there possibility be identical cards?"

"No why do you ask that?"

"Cause today I sensed a Clow card that Li can't sense."

"Of course the kid can't sense it he too weak."

"Hey!"

"It felt like the wood card only stronger much stronger."

Kero stared at her. "Come again?"

"It felt like the wood card only stronger."

"Hey kid you should know about this with the book Clow Reed written himself."

"Huh?"

"So the kid hasn't been studying."

"Shut up!"

"Anyway Sakura there's an old legend about 5 cards Clow Reed created not from magical sprits. But from humans. Humans who gave up their soul so other can be safe."

"But I only felt one present."

"They come out one at a time. It's like a test to prove you've got the strength to be the Card mistress. I can take years for these cards to be captured."

"But Kero how do I know where they are. I can't feel the first one's presents anymore!"

"These card are scattered all over the world in 5 different places. They come to Japan for like 5 minutes you find out their present and they leave to where you're supposed to go and capture them."

"I read about this in one of my books before it's the Fung Shui cards!" Li looked at Sakura's confused expression, "Translation Wind Water cards. The chinses believe it give you luck. I'll go and see if I can find that book again."

"And I'll call Eli! He might have some information about this!"

"Is that necessary? I mean we have a lot of information already." To tell the truth he didn't like Sakura talking to Eli.

"I'll go get Yue." Said Kero flying out the window.

"Come on. Let's go to my house. It'll be faster if we both look for the book."

"Yea."

Sakura and Li walked to his apartment in silence. Occasionally Li would look at Sakura out of the side of his eye. <Mou…she's so beautiful. I'll die if I ever lost her… wait I never had her.> Li thought dejectedly. He let out a soft sigh. "What's wrong Li-kun?" asked a voice he knew all to well.

"Nothing."

"Come on Li-kun you can tell me!"

"If only that was true." He thought.

<He's just tooo stubborn." > Thought Sakura.

"Where here."

They had arrived at Li's ummmm…slightly messy apartment, Ok so it was very messy. "Ummm… Li when was the last time you cleaned your apartment?"

"It's a mess I know you don't have to say it twice."

"Just wait here while I go get the books."

"Li came back half an hour later to find Sakura cleaning. "You don't have to do that you know."

"I know but I can't help it I just like to clean." Sakura smiled at him, "You look through the books first. I'll call Eli."

Li growled under his breath. "Li I know you don't like him but try to be polite so we could at least get through the phone call."

"Fine," <Anyway I liked the way you said we.> He added mentally.

"Hello Eli? Oh just wait I'll put you on speaker."

"Hello Sakura, and what would you be calling little old me for at this time of day?"

"I sensed a card today Eli."

Silence.

"Witch card?"

"Stronger Wood."

More Silence.

Li felt annoyed the tense silence was making him nervous. "Will you say something already!" he practically shouted.

On the other end of the line they heard Eli moan. "What's wrong?" asked Sakura.

"It's the Fung Shui cards."

"Uh…I think we know that by now." Said Li sarcastically, "Don't you have any information to tell us?"

Eli sighed, "Yes my cute little descendent, I do. The Fung Shun cards are not normal cards. They are made of human souls. They have a human way of thinking and fighting. Their impossibility accurate and their skill are beyond compare. I'm sorry but that's all I'm allowed to tell you. If I tell you more it will be even harder to capture the cards. The rest of the information is up to you too find in the books Clow Reed wrote."

"Can't you tell us more Eli?" asked Sakura pleadingly.

"I'm sorry but I can't."

"Ok, bye Eli."

"Bye Sakura, Li."

Eli hanged up. *So the testing has begune for Sakura, hopefully she can catch all of the cards. I'm worried about the last one thought…*

Sakura sighed. "Looks like we have a long night ahead of us. I'll call Madison to tell her to cover up for me. So I can stay the night."

Sakura called Madison, "It's lucky the couch can turn into a bed otherwise where could she sleep? She's going to spend the whole night here. Can I pull through? Or will I break down?"

"Aright let's start looking through these books."

They started looking through the books. Every once so often Li would find his eyes averted from the book and on to Sakura. "God she's so beautiful. I just want to hold her. To touch her." Li realized what he was thinking and blushing furiously looked back at the book. It was waaaay past midnight until there was one book left. Sakura sighed, "Well this is it. If it's not in that book that where out of luck." She picked up the book and opened the cover. "Shoot its in chinses." She said handing it to Li.

Li sighed and ran his eyes down the table of contents. Then his face lights up "I think I found it!"

Sakura yelled in delight, "Read it!"

Li began, "April 20, 1879. Today I invented five new cards. I feel so ashamed of myself. I made them out of free human sprits. Young 22 years old adults. They volunteered. It must have been the hardest thing I have to do in my entire life. Especially these four has magical blood too. And the last one is … I better not say. You the future card mistress/master be warned these are not sprits but people with strategy and with. Maybe with magic even stronger than myself. They are kind souls who gave themselves up for others. They can take any shape. With each card you capture you will learn more and of how to capture the next. These card will not cause trouble the will merely fight you. You must use their weakness against them. Capture all five and you will have full power over them and the cards. That is all I know. Use this information well. They themselves will not tell me more. I do not know how powerful they are be careful these captures may cause you your life."

Li finished and looked up at the pale Sakura with her head in her hands. "I can't do this. I can't do this these cards can kill. Even Clow Reed doesn't know about them and he created them. And their human. I can't do this!"

Li calmly sat beside her, "Yes you can." He said, "Not only that you have Madison and me to help you. You've been through this before Sakura."

"That was different Li. I can't enslave people. They suffered enough by watching their loved ones die and they can't follow."

"Did you enslave the cards? I think not. They love you and you love them you give them more freedom than other card captors would."

Sakura sighed, "Alright but now we have to find where this person…card is."

"We'll ask Kero after school tomorrow and see if we could go there during our summer holiday. To capture the card."

Sakura smiled, "Sounds like a plan." Sakura glances at the clock, "Hoeeeeee! I better get going it's 4 in the morning!"

"Get going what are you going to do when you get home at this time? By the time you get home you would have to go to school already. Why don't you catch a few winks here and we could discuss it on the way to school."

"If it won't be a bother…"

<How could you be a bother? I love you.> He thought aloud he said, "No, no bother at all."

3 hours later…

Li and Sakura where walking to school for once Sakura was going to get there early. And of course Li being Mr. Punctual woke her up earlier than necessary. They went into the classroom and waited for class to start. Fearing about what's going to happen when they tell Madison. <What if she can't come with us?> thought Sakura, <What if we don't have enough money to get a plane there. What if…what if…> She felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Li, "Calm down," he said "You know she wouldn't miss a chance to dress you up in one of her costumes and video tape another card capture." That was when Madison walked in to the classroom…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No a really good attempt for a cliffhanger. I how you liked this boring chapter. There's not much adventure or action. All that will come on later when she faces off with that mystery card. It sucks I know. You're properly wondering where Sakura will go to catch the card. A place with a lot of trees I'll tell you that much. I'll be in North America. So it's either a place in Canada or USA. Please review.