Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The New Cousin ❯ Lessons and the Battle ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Several weeks have passed some strange things happening but nothing too bad. Dina had joined the track team as something to do after school when she realized she'd be here awhile though she and Syaoran have yet to make up.

____________________________________________________________

A teenage girl with shoulder length brown/blond hair lies on her bed, reading a book, she wearing shorts and a crop top despite it being wintertime. She sighs, glancing towards her bedroom door, missing her cousin badly despite seeing him everyday yet never talking much to him for he's still angry at the prank she played at her new school on her first day there. "I can't believe he's still angry at me..it's been six weeks."

She stands and changes into jeans and a hooded sweatshirt and grabs her skates, heading for the door. Leaving her shoes in her room and puts the skates on and roller blades down the hall to the elevators and goes down to the bottom floor and outside, needing to get out of the apartment for awhile. Dina heads towards the park, getting halfway there when she feels a very strong aura, one that is much stronger then the one she's been feeling since she got to Japan.

The teenager look around fast, summons her sword, skating towards the auras, finally spotting Sakura and the man she's trying to fight off. "Sakura!" She makes herself go faster, sliding to a halt next to the card mistress. "What's going on here?!" Dina holds her sword out and glares at the man before her.

"He wants my cards, Dina." Sakura pants, growing tired. "I don't know if I can hold him off any longer." The young girl looks exhausted and about to pass out.

"Don't worry Sakura. I'll help." Dina faces the man fully. "You'll have to go through me to get to her, mister." She skates to the side some to get the man to ignore Sakura. Dina watches the man with narrowed eyes, moving slowly.

The man turns to Dina and smirks, then quickly turns back and fires a blast of black magic at Sakura. As fast as lighting, Dina pumps her legs and speeds towards Sakura, shouting something and leaps in the path of the magic blast, getting hit squarely in the chest and pushed backwards several feet until she hits a tree and slumps to the ground, unmoving.

"Dina!" Sakura screams then turns to face the man. "That's it! You'll pay for hurting my friend." With that Sakura pulls out a card and throws it up into the air. "Firey!" The Firey card goes into it's visible form and attacks the man, driving him away as Sakura runs over to Dina and checks her pulse. "Please be alright.." The young card mistress digs through her cards, looking for one to help her but sees none.

The girl stands, recalling Firey and a then pulls her cell phone out of her pocket, dialing Syaoran's number and nearly screams into it when he answers. "Syaoran! It's me Sakura. I'm at the park and I need help. It's Dina, she got hurt badly." She pauses a moment, then screams into the phone this time. "I don't care if you're still angry at her for that. She could be dying!" Sakura hangs up on him and then calls for help.

Dina lays there, bleeding from the blast and slamming into the tree, her pulse weak that scares Sakura. The card mistress kneels next to Dina; her hands pressed against to wound to try to keep it from bleeding too badly.

"Don't die, Dina."

The medics come racing up with a stretcher, stopping by Sakura and Dina's prone body. They put a brace around Dina's neck, getting her on the stretcher and head back to the ambulance. Sakura follows, still worried, and climbs into the ambulance cab to go to the house with Dina. She turns in the seat to watch the medics' work on stabilizing Dina. "Will she be alright?"

The driver glances at her and tries to smile for her sake. "I don't know, that's why we have to get her to the hospital as soon as possible, miss." He focuses back on the road and starts to speed up, the lights flashing to get people out of their way. As soon as they pull up to the hospital, the medics rush Dina off to the ER, leaving Sakura in the waiting room.

Sakura paces the waiting room; worried about her new friend and hoping she lives. The young girl pauses and stares at the doors the medics took her through. "Be alright..please."

Meanwhile at that very moment, Syaoran is fighting with himself and whether he should go to the hospital or not. "I'm not going..but she's my cousin..I should be there for her." He paces his room, struggling with his emotions. "Dina.." The boy sinks to his knees, trying not to cry. With a start, he looks around, realizing he's still kneeling on his floor and wonders how long he has been there for, having realized just how much his cousin means to him. He stands and grabs his jacket, running for the door, pausing only to get his shoes on and then races out the door.

The young boy races down the street, heading for the hospital. "I'm sorry Dina..just be alright, please!" Syaoran runs through the hospital doors, heading for the ER, heading for Sakura's aura. "Sakura!"

Sakura turns and looks happy that he's there. "They took her to the ER, she looked really off, Syaoran. And they won't or couldn't answer my questions." She stares at him, also worried about him and how he will react.

Syaoran heads to the nurses' station. "Hello? I'd like some information on my cousin please." He struggles to remain calm, for both himself and Sakura's sakes. "Her name is Dina Li and she was recently brought in by ambulance."

The old lady smiles down at him, looking sad. "You must be talking about that young girl. I don't know much but that she's still in surgery once the doctor is finished; he'll come out and talk to you about how she's doing and everything. You should sit down, all you can do right now is wait."

Syaoran scowls but sighs finally and goes to sit down, waiting impatiently for the doctor, not noticing Sakura sitting down next to him on the couch. He rests his head in his hands, very close to crying. "Please be alright cousin.." He jumps when Sakura hugs him and looks at her.

"It'll be alright, Syaoran, you'll see. You need to have faith in her that she'll be fine." Sakura smiles at him. "And I'll stay here with you for the doctor."

He blushes and sputters. "You don't have to Sakura, I'll be fine here."

The boy looks at her again, then away. "You should go home, your father and brother might be getting worried."

Sakura stands. "I'm going to go call my dad and let him know where I am. I'm not going anywhere Syaoran. You need a friend right now so I'm staying." She turns and goes over to the nurses' desk to ask if she can use the phone, leaving him with his thoughts.

He sits there, head bowed forward, staring at the ground, not noticing Sakura coming back to sit next to him. The two of them sit there quietly and after two hours of worrying a shadow falls over them and they look up to see a man who's wearing a white coat.

"Are you related to Miss Li?" The doctor gazes down at the two children, the look in his eyes sad at Syaoran's nod he speaks again. "I'm Doctor Matthews. I handled her case in the ER."

"Li Syaoran. She's my cousin and her name is Dina." He looks back at the doctor. "How is she?" A look of fear he can barely hide is seen in his eyes. "Please tell me she isn't dead."

The doctor shakes his head. "No, she isn't dead but she is badly hurt. She's currently in a coma and stabilize at the moment." He pauses as he looks at them again. "You can see her for a few minutes. We have her in ICU for now." He turns and walks off, Syaoran and Sakura following him, silently.

Doctor Matthews looks down at the boy next to him. "You can go in first, but you can only have ten minutes in there." He frowns at the look on the boy's face. "I'm sorry but that's all I can give you for today, tomorrow you can stay with her a half hour." The doctor watches Syaoran enter the room.

Syaoran walks over to his cousin and sits in the chair next to her bed. "Dina, I'm sorry.." He sits there, staring at her in shock, wishing she would open her eyes and tease him or something. "Open your eyes..please?"

Dina laying on the hospital bed with bandages around her chest and head, machines of all kinds are attached to her arms to monitor her condition, she is pale white and unmoving, looking nearly dead and nothing like her usual energetic self.

He stares at her like he can will her to open her eyes and look at him, scared one of the few people who really cares for him will die. "You can't die on me Dina, you just can't." He balls his hands into fists. "I'm sorry about the fight..I shouldn't have said those things." Shortly after he says that the doctor comes in to tell him his time is up and he should leave.

"Young man? I'm sorry but you must go. You can come back tomorrow." The doctor guides him out of the ICU to where Sakura has been watching through the window. "Go home, she will be here tomorrow." He makes them leave, watching until they exit the doors.

"I can't believe how pale she was. She looked dead, Syaoran." Sakura says as they walk along the street and away from the hospital. "Do you think she will be alright?" She looks at him, curiously and hopeful.

He doesn't answer at first, unable to get his mind off what he saw in that hospital room. "I don't know Sakura..I really don't know." He looks up at the sky and sighs, not noticing they're at the corner where they are to part ways. Her hand on his arm gets his attention and he looks at her, trying not to blush. "Yes?"

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?" She looks at him, hope seen in her big emerald eyes. "Don't worry Syaoran, Dina is tough, she'll pull through." She gives him a hug then turns and heads for her house, leaving the boy alone on the corner as the snow comes down.

Syaoran stands there, not paying attention to anything as he walks for his apartment, eyes on the ground and before he knows it he is opening his front door. He blinks back tears on realizing it won't be the same without his cousin around, she normally would have had made supper by now or started a food fight with him as they make supper. With a sob, he sinks to the floor by the couch, hugging his knees and thinking about the last time they talked, he said things he wishes he could take back. "I'm sorry..please don't die on me.." He whispers as he falls asleep.

_____________________________________________________________

Ok people! I'm leaving this as a cliffhanger. I can't say when I'll have the next chapter out so don't curse me. I hope to have it out soon just be patient. I know you all can. I'm also not telling what will happen in the future chapters.