Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The New Cousin ❯ Unseen Disasters ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Syaoran wakes up with a start, looking around wildly for what woke him and with a sinking feeling he realizes what did: the lack of noise he was used to hearing in the morning from Dina. He slowly stands, his entire body aching from sleeping on the floor. Walking with his head down he heads for the bathroom to get ready for another day at school when he stops. "There's no way I'm going to school today."

He takes a quick shower and gets dressed, pausing as he passes by Dina's room then goes inside, looking around and smiles a little when he spots the toy dragon he brought for Dina for Christmas two years ago. He picks up the stuffed animal, knowing Dina always kept it on her bed since it was given to her by him and sighs, looking at the toy dragon before turning and heading for the door, stopping and gets his shoes and jacket on then heads for the hospital.

Syaoran comes bursting into ICU and heads straight for her bed, sitting in the chair next to her after placing the stuffed animal by her head. "Dina?" He takes her hand and squeezes, hoping she is awake but knows that she isn't. He sits there, lost in his thoughts when a hand lands on his shoulder and he looks up to see Sakura and Tomoyo. "What are you doing here?"

"School is over for today and when I didn't see you in class, I thought you would be here, Syaoran." Sakura answers, obviously having gone home and changed as had Tomoyo. "Are you doing okay?" She looks down at him, worry showing in her green eyes. Her eyes go over to Dina for a moment. "No change?"

He shakes his head. "She hasn't even twitched. I just want her to wake up, Sakura…I have to tell her I'm sorry for the things I said." He looks back at his cousin then sighs, turning slightly red as his stomach growls, announcing that it needs food. He looks up at the girls, both looking amused.

Sakura looks at him in sympathy. "When did you eat last Syaoran?" She smiles down at him, but concern is in her eyes still and clearly seen to anyone who looks at her. "It isn't good for you to not eat and it won't help Dina at all if you collapse from not eating."

Syaoran refuses to stand as Sakura tugs at his arm, trying to make him stand, Tomoyo watching. "Sakura, I don't want to leave her alone.." He stares up at her. "I'll eat but I'm not leaving her alone.

Sakura nods slowly. "Alright then, I'll go get you something from the cafeteria. Is there anything you'd like?" Her green eyes watch him careful as Tomoyo stands behind her.

"Just a sandwich and something to drink please." He pauses as the girls turn to the door. "Sakura?" She turns to look back at him, curiously. "I'm glad you came." He says softly, eyes focused on the floor.

"It'll be fine, Syaoran. " Tomoyo speaks up for the first time since they got to the hospital. "We were worried about you, Sakura told me what happened last night so when you weren't at school today we agreed to see you at the hospital. We thought you could use having some friends here "

The girls leave him alone with Dina to go get him something to eat, neither speaking as they enter the cafeteria. Sakura getting him a sandwich and fries while Tomoyo gets him a bottle of water, they meeting at the register to pay for it before heading back to ICU.

"Sakura, I'm worried about Syaoran. I've never seen him like this before, he must really care for Dina." Tomoyo says quietly as they walk.

"He does. I think he looks up to her like a sister, but I know that they're very close, he mentioned they trained together and did a lot of stuff together before he came to Japan." Sakura replys as she enters ICU, going up to him and hands him the tray.

"Thanks." He mumbles quietly, as he takes the tray and starts eating, looking down at it in his lap, glad and surprised they were worried about him and very grateful that they came to the hospital. He finishes and looks back up at them. "See? I ate everything."

Sakura smiles. "Good, now don't you feel better?" He nods slowly causing her smile to get even happier. "Okay, I'm glad you ate but Syaoran staying in ICU all day long and not eating anything isn't good for you." She looks at him, still smiling. "Why don't you come to the park with us?"

He hesitates, looking at them and their hopeful expressions before sighing. "Alright, I'll come." He doesn't tell them of the plan he's been working on all day, knowing that Sakura would try to help him and he doesn't want another person he cares for to get hurt. He follows Sakura and Tomoyo out of the hospital and to the park, listening to them talking.

A tall man, the same man who attacked Sakura and Dina, watches them as they walk away then turns toward the hospital, heading for the source of magic, thinking about how if he drains the other girl's magic he shall be able to take Sakura's magic and her cards. He enters the ICU and stops by Dina's bed, placing his hands on her face and starts to drain her magic.

Dina tenses, her whole body arching upwards and starts shaking hard as the man drains her magic roughly. She collapses back onto the bed still shaking. The man smiles evilly as he keeps draining her not noticing the blue hair boy who enters the room.

Eriol enters the room, heading for the man with an angry look on his face. "Leave her alone." He looks at the man, calmly as the man spins to face him.

Raiden narrows his eyes at Eriol. "Little boy, this does not concern you. You should leave before I make you." He steps back from Dina's bed and faces Eriol fully, sneering down at him. "I will only tell you once so you better go." He frowns when the boy doesn't move. "You think you can take me down little boy?"

"Yes." Eriol speaks, his voice low and calm as he stares right back at Raiden. "I'm not someone you can push around, Raiden. I think it is best for you to leave now." He smiles up at the man, his words belaying his age and making him seem much older.

"I don't know who you are or how you know my name but I really dislike being threatened by a little boy." Raiden snarls at Eriol, lifting a hand to cast a spell to knock him out. "If you don't leave I will drain you of your powers as well."

Eriol just smiles again and before Raiden can react, he knocks him out and goes to check on Dina, a frown crossing his face as he senses that her magic levels are very low. "He drained you almost fully. I just hope that Syaoran and Sakura are strong enough to defeat him now." He turns and leaves Raiden where he is, knowing that it would look strange for a boy to be dragging a grown man out of the ICU.

At that very moment, in the park, Syaoran, Sakura and Tomoyo are sitting under a tree, talking when he pauses and looks around, causing the girls to look at him curiously.

"Is something wrong, Syaoran?" Tomoyo asks, looking at him as does Sakura. Both girls wonder if everything is all right for he got pale fast.

"I felt something..it feels like Dina's aura." He stands and starts to jog off, heading for the park's exit, leaving them by the tree with surprised looks on their faces. He has a feeling something bad happened at the hospital and starts to run, ignoring the shouts from Sakura as she runs to catch up to him.

Sakura chases after Syaoran, wondering what had him take off so fast and follows him back to the hospital. He enters the hospital and heads for ICU without even pausing, sliding to a halt inside the door and walks slowly towards his cousin. He can tell something is wrong but not sure what yet as he takes her hand in his own, probing at her with his magic and what he doesn't feel makes him jump backwards with a surprised and horror filled look on his face. He turned to face Sakura, his eyes threatening to brim over with tears. "She's worse, Sakura. There's something wrong with her .... something that the doctors can't fix...." As their eyes locked, a tear slid down his cheek.