Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Phantom of the Opera ❯ The Opera Ghost ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Father?" An eight year old girl asked her father, unsure wether to approach the bed where he lay dying.
"Sakura..." He whispered softly. A small smile formed on his lips as he beckoned his child forward.
"Yes, daddy?" She asked caustiously.

"When I am in Heaven, I will send the Angel of Music to watch over you, Sakura." The dying man looked up.
A woman stood behind Sakura, looked down on them both with pitty. "Sonomi." She looked at him.
"Take Sakura." Her eyes became tearfilled. "Come, Sakura."
The eight year old looked upset. "Noooo! Father don't go, please!" Fujitaka looked at his only child.
"Remember, I will send the Angel of Music..."

Paris, 10 years later...

"Sakura. Sakura! Come on, we have to go stretch for the dress rehersal." Tomoyo called her best friend.

"Coming!" Sakura said. Tomoyo had long blue colored hair and amethyst eyes. Sakura had short auburn colored hair and emerald eyes.
As they reached the streching bar, Sakura and Tomoyo simultaneously put thier foot on the bar and stretched toward it.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" An earsplitting high note echoed through the opera house. Everyone turned to the girl on stage.
"Oh, my!" Three bold men had walked on stage toward the girl, clapping and shouting, " Brava!"

Tomoyo rolled her eyes at them. "Honestly," she whispered to Sakura.
"Hello, hello! Miss Meiling!" The owner of the theatre said. He might of had joy in his voice, but everyone who knew him well knew that it was an act.
Meiling was the biggest pre-madonna in all of Paris.

"Ah, hello! Mr. Takaomi!" Meilin became excited.
"Everyone, please gather round!" He motioned with his hands. "This is Mr. Touya and Mr. Yukito. They are the knew owners of the Opera house."
They all gasped. "I-it can't be true!" Sakura said under her breath.

"S-sorry I'm late!" An eighteen year old boy with messy chesnut hair and bangs that covered most of his eyes which were amber colored stumbled in.
"It's Syaoran!" Sakura whispered to Tomoyo, "we used to play with each other when we were little, before I came here." She paused, seeing how much he had grown.
"He used to call me Ying-Fa."

Mr. Yamazaki turned and looked at the boy. "Oh, yes. This is our new patron, Xiao-Lang or, Syaoran Li." He bowed. Meilin walked over.
"I am Meiling. The star of this opera theatre." She held out her hand, and Syaoran took it and kissed it gently.

"Pleasure..." He trailed off. "Now, I believe I was interrupting your rehersal, but I will be here tonight to, witness your...er...extravagant display."
As he walked away, you could hear Meilin saying, "he loves me already."

Tomoyo's mom, Sonomi, walked to where the knew owners were standing. "I think we should continue with the practice." She suggested, casting a glance upward.
"May we watch?" Mr. Yukito asked. "Certainly." Sonomi answered.
The three men walked around the stage, watching the chorus girls dance and sing. "Who is that heavenly girl with the blue hair?" Mr. Toya asked.
"My daughter, Tomoyo." She said.

"And the emerald eyed angel?" Said Mr. Yukito. Sonomi looked at Sakura. "That is Ms. Sakura Kinomoto." They looked suprised.
"Kinomoto? No relation to the famouse archeologist, now?" Mr. Yukito asked. "Yes," Sonomi smiled, "his only child. I brought her here to live in the dormitories after his death ten years ago."

"Stop, stop, STOP!" Meiling yelled. Everybody on stage and working around the stage stopped and looked at her with shock and disgust.
"My, what is is, Ms. Meiling?" Mr. Toya asked. Meiling rounded on him. "These people keep screwing up my lines!" She yelled. "I refuse to go on." She began to walk towards the exit. "What do we do?" Mr. Toya asked. "Grovel." The fromer owner replied. "Good luck. If you need me I'll be in Austrailia." He walked away.

"Ms. Meiling!" Mr. Yukito was running after her. "No. I refuse to go on!"
Mr. Toya looked around desperatly, and his eyes landed on the orchstra instructor. "Miseur," he said and the instructor quickly shook his head to leave him out of this.
"Doesn't Ms. Meiling have a song to sing in the third act? Might we hear it, madam?" He sweet talked. "Meiling smiled. "Well, if you insist."

She walked to the middle of the stage. "Plug your ears," Tomoyo whispered as she put her fingers in her ears. Sakura did the same. Meiling began singing her song for the third act, and everyone plugged their ears. Then, thier was a loud crash, and a scenery background dropped, making Meiling fall over.

"Ahhh! Get this thing off of me!" She yelled as people lifted it up. "Come, we are going!" She said to her maids. They walked out, and everyone knew that there was no stopping her. Sonomi walked over to the other side of the background. She looked down and saw a letter with a skull in red wax for a seal. Then she looked up.

"Miseures," Sonomi said, walking back out from the other side of the scenery, "the opera ghost has left you a letter, welcoming you to his opera house, and to remind you to leave box five open as usual," she pointed with her cane to a box that was on the right hand side of the theatre, "and that his 20,000 Frank salary is due."

The new owners were shocked, "his opera house. His 20,000 Frank salary!" They boomed. "And not only that," Mr. Toya said, "but we wont have to worry about box five tonight, considering that are star has just walked out on us, and that she has no understudy!" Somomi looked up. "Sakura can sing it."

Sakura was suprised and her emerald eyes opened wide. "A chorus girl! Preposterous!" Mr. Aundre' exclaimed.
Tomoyo stepped out of the crowed and dragged Sakura along sith her. "Just give her a chance!" She pleaded.

"Fine."

Sakura stepped to the middle of the stage and began singing. All turned and stared at the angel on stage. She was singing so sweetly, so beautifully, that everyone could only gawk at her. She finished her song, and the new owners were shocked. "Ms. Sakura Kinomoto, you are now playing the part of Carlotta."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Yes, this is my new fanfic. It is based on the Phantom of the Opera, and when I wrote this chapter it was out of memory. There will be a little song in it, but not to much. It may take me longer to update this one because of Princess Sakura, which I am thinking of Renaming...
Cyalater!