Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Princes and the Slave ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Princess and the Slave
 
Woot! Hehe, I hope you like this chapter. I got nine reviews for last chapter, I was hoping it'd reach ten before I update, but I guess not.
 
Chapter 14
 
Syaoran phased in and out for a day. He could only remember parts of what happened. But from what he could remember, Sakura was by his side the whole time.
 
When he finally woke up, he noticed that it was dark out. He lifted his right arm up to his head and rubbed his forehead. He tried to sit up, but his head hurt too much. He tried to lift his left hand up too, but there was a weight on it.
 
When he looked down, he noticed Sakura asleep with her hands over his left hand. He smiled a bit before lying back down.
 
He lay there, motionless for a while, just staring at the ceiling.
 
What happened? How did I know what happened in Sakura's past? How could I recite that conversation so clearly? Why? Was that boy me?
 
Syaoran stopped thinking and fell asleep. He woke up the next morning to the smell of warm porridge and fresh baked bread. He sat up, ignoring the hammering in his head.
 
He took a sip and it seemed to relax. He cracked open an eye only to see Sakura and Tomoyo looking at him with worried faces. When he continued eating, the two girls seemed to relax.
 
“Syaoran, what happened? Do you remember what happened?” asked Sakura.
 
“Ummm.” Said Syaoran, as he sipped his porridge, not really wanting to respond.
 
“Maybe you should let him finish, Sakura?” Asked Tomoyo. Sakura sighed and sat back down in her seat.
 
When Syaoran observed the room, he could quickly see that they weren't in his room or Sakrua's. When Sakura noticed his puzzled look, she said, “We're in the infirmary.” Syaoran responded with a nod and finished his porridge.
 
He cleaned the bowl with the bread and pushed the plate to the side. “Sakura, I don't know what happened.
 
Sakura nodded. “Syaoran, I think you might be the boy that I saw. You do resemble each other.”
 
Tomoyo, who was in the corner smiled at the two and left, leaving the two alone. When the door shut, Syaoran started to speak again.
 
“I don't know what happened, but when you started to talk about the boy, my head started to hurt. Maybe I was trying to remember, but someone locked away my memories.”
 
Sakura sat on the bed beside him, “Maybe you unlocked them and the pain caused you to pass out.”
 
“If I did unlock them, why do I still not remember everything? There's a void in what I remember and what I don't. I don't know, but don't you think… There might have been some reason for locking my memories?”
 
“But Syaoran, all the memories I have are good ones.” Insisted Sakura.
 
“I don't know… I don't know.” Said Syaoran. Syaoran laid back down on the bed. Sakura looked out the window. The two were silent for a few minutes.
 
“I'll let you rest now, Syaoran.” Sakura leaned over the bed and kissed Syaoran on his forehead. “Get better soon.” Sakura smiled and then left the room.
 
Sakura was now free to do what ever she wanted for the day. There was one thing that she had to do first. When she entered the kitchen, she called “Fuitte.”
 
The requested lady stood in front of her. “Fuitte, I give you permission to enter the infirmary and stay there as long as you want.”
 
“Why would I need to go there? Do I look sick?” Said the girl with a puzzled look on her face.
 
“No. Syaoran's in there.” Said Sakura. Fuitte's eyes widened.
 
“Thank you, I will go visit him right away.”
 
Sakura watched as the girl ran from the kitchens to visit her brother. Sakura then felt her former teacher's presence again.
 
She ran into the gardens only to find her teacher sitting on the edge of the fountain. He teacher looked up and acknowledged her.
 
“Sakura, it's been a while.” Sakura stood there, not knowing what to say.
 
“Why don't you sit down, Sakura. Tell me how've you been.”
 
Sakura sat down. “Why, why did you disappear all those years ago? Why did you vanish? I looked up to you, I thought you'd always be there, to teach me, and to support me.” When Yalen didn't respond, Sakura looked up.
 
“Why, why did you erase Syaoran-kun's memories? He's your son, how could you do that to him? What did he need to forget? Why did he forget me?” Sakura was now crying. She was confronting someone she trusted, some one she had looked up to.
 
“I had to, Sakura. At that time, it was the only thing to do. You don't understand how dangerous it was for us back then. The Li family was suspected of treason. When I went out to the market place with you, your parents were against it. I convinced them in the end, but when your brother died… Sakura, you know how your brother died, right?”
 
“He died in a fight, didn't he?”
 
Yalen nodded but continued, “It was no ordinary fight. When the referee called the fight to a stop, his opponent kept on slashing. When they finally got him settled, Touya went over to him.
 
He was such a kind man, he held out his hand for the man to shake. Instead of shaking it, he took his sword and thrust it forward, slicing your brother. The wound wasn't that great, but the healers were inexperienced. Your brother bled to death. The man that killed him, he was Li Wei. He was executed the day after your brothers' death.”
 
Sakura stifled a gasp before Yalen continued on.
 
“After close examination, they declared the Li family dangerous and guilty for treason. When I found out that Syaoran had spoken to you, I had to erase those memories. He was very fond of you. He wouldn't be alive if I hadn't erased his memories.
 
We had to lie our way out of the country, and when it was safe for us to return, we did. I debated many times whither or not I should have restored Syaoran's memories, but I never got a chance. When some guards raided our house, they demanded I pay them, or else they'd report us to the King. I gave them all we had, and then I sold Syaoran and Fuitte.
 
I saw it, that they would end up living in the castle if I let them go. I can always take them back now, but I think they have a place with you. Sakura-hime, I entrust them in your care.”
 
Sakura nodded, she now cried freely and sniffled. “So my brother, he was murdered.” Sakura said in a shaky voice. Yalen nodded and stood up.
 
“I have to leave now, before that dark haired slave your father keeps senses me, if he hasn't already. I will see you again, Sakura.” Yalen then took out a board and concentrated her energy into it, and then disappeared from sight.
 
Sakura watched as the glowing ceased and flower petals littered the sky.
 
Notes: No cliffy this time! So, poor Syaoran-kun, I wonder what he's forgetting. Maybe it's something that Yalen just told Sakura, we don't know. Woot! The plot thickens… Not really. Poor Touya ;_;
 
There was slight SS in this chapter.
 
I'm happy to announce, I have a beta!! *jumps up and down*
 
And introducing ___Insert your name when you finish___ then say what you want, like before…
 
And that wraps up chapter 14
 
LWB