Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The ReAwakening of the Mistress ❯ Syaoran's arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reawakening of the Clow Mistress

Syaoran's Arrival

Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS

Somewhere in America….

A man honked his car a few times as he tried to weave his way through the traffic. He was in a hurry to get out of L.A. like every other person that was on the road. The governor of the state had issued a warning of a massive flux of magic that had gathered there and that could only mean one thing, a collection of sorcerers were preparing to do something big. Magic had been kept secret from most humans until a terrorist group which consisted of radical religious fanatics and insane sorcerers had attacked every single capital of all large nations resulting in mass turmoil and chaos. The resulting war left people on every single continent homeless and fearful of what may happen. People that knew even the slightest bit of magic were shunned and hunted down and people that knew how to fight back with their magic dominated. Only a few places in the world were still safe from greedy sorcerers. One of them had been L.A. because of a band of magicians had gathered together and protected the city. But one by one they had fallen against the onslaught of power hungry magic wielders and the evil sorcerers had gathered into the city to cast an explosion spell that would result in the deaths of everyone in a ten mile radius besides the sorcerers.

One small town in Japan remained protected by descendants of Sonomi, one of the most powerful sorceresses a few generations ago. In New York City all the remaining military might had gathered and stood vigilant against the sorcerers, fighting a loosing battle against them. In England the descendants of the almighty sorcerer Clow Reed along with the left over magic from Clow Reed protected the entire city of London and the surrounding towns around it. The entire continent of Australia had been utterly destroyed by a powerful spell the sorcerers cast there to destroy a particularly powerful group of rival sorcerers. A small pocket of China had been left almost untouched for it was protected by the powerful Li clan that revealed that they had known magic for quite a while and they effectively wielded it to destroy enemy sorcerers. They were by far the ones that stood the most chance against the Dark Ones as the evil sorcerers were commonly known as. The Dark Ones, even though classified under one title were actually different groups of cults, magicians, sorcerers, witches, wizards, enchanters, and priests that fought each other constantly in vying for power. One particular group, the Black Light, a group that had casters from all the different magic sources, ruled most of the continent of Asia, Europe, and the Americas. The Li clan had their agents world wide disrupting the plans of the Dark Ones but daily the Dark Ones were gaining power and the might of even the Li clan wouldn't be enough……

Chapter 1

The Reawakening

Li Syaoran, an agent from the Li clan, had been sent by his mother Yelen to investigate how things were going in Japan. The Li clan and Sonomi had a pretty good relationship and the Li clan felt that it was their duty to send one of their best agents over to help if they needed it. Although Syaoran was only eighteen years old he was by far the most talented and most powerful of all the magic users in the Li clan. His powers were limited by mostly his experience and his youth. He was proficient in the magics of Charter magic, the magic of enchanted scrolls or weapons, Earth magic, the magic of the very elements, and Sense magic, the ability to sense magic and resist it. Clad in a green Chinese battle outfit he walked through the forest towards the fort that had been established to protect the town of Tomoeda. He looked around and noticed that the trees had been chopped down or charred beyond recognition. Sighing, the lone boy walked towards the Tomoeda fort.

Sometime later….

Syaoran approached the fort. All the walls were woven from all types of magic and were made to last through the most powerful magic blast.

"Hey!" someone yelled from the fortress walls, "who goes there!"

"I come from the Li clan to lend aid!" Syaoran yelled back.

"How do I know you're from the Li clan?" the guard asked loudly.

"I have the golden insignia!" replied Syaoran holding up the golden insignia of the Li clan. The stone was enchanted so that if any other person besides one with Li blood held it the stone would become a normal piece of rock till a Li touched it again. Peering down with magically enhanced eye sight the guard examined the golden stone. Seeing that the rock was indeed the Li insignia, he signaled for the front gates to be opened. The rainbow walls seemed to bend as the gate cracked open just enough that Syaoran could get through. As Syaoran passed through the gates a pretty girl with purple eyes and long sleek black hair approached him, "Welcome to our humble town Li-sama. I'm Tomoyo, the lord, or in this case lady of this land," greeted the demure girl that now stood in front of him.

"Erm, I'm Li Syaoran from the Li clan. I've been ordered to come here to assist you in whatever you need help in." Li explained. `Why would such a young girl be the leader of the resistance in Japan?'

"Well, it's `cause I have some special powers that no one else here has," smiled Tomoyo as she lead Li into the main building.

"What special powers do y-….. uh, never mind." Li mumbled , `She can read minds….'

"Not only that but I can see kind of into the future and have some basic magic skills," smiled the violet eyed girl.

`Oh boy, this is going to take a while to get used to…' thought Li. "Um, is it possible for me to get something to eat? I ran out of rations a few days ago…" asked Li politely as he was really hungry.

"You'll get to eat right after we finish this up," answered Tomoyo, a serious look in her eyes.

"Finish what up?" asked Li as Tomoyo opened a large wooden door. Inside the door was a large room filled with many people.

"Ah, Tomoyo, your back! And who's this you've brought with you?" asked a burly man on one side of the room. The entire room quieted as Tomoyo stepped into the room.

`Wow, this Tomoyo girl must control a lot of power to command this much response from these people,' Li thought as he watched her sit down in the chair at the end of the table.

"Now that the most important character in my plan has arrived I can reveal the plan," stated Tomoyo as she looked at each person at the table. "As all of you know we have been oppressed by the evil sorcerers for a long time now. Almost all of the world has been overrun by different groups. We have been barely holding out against the attacks by the Shi Shi wizards. I believe however, I have found a way to end the threat of sorcerers plaguing our land.

Different people at the table started talking to each other. `What way has Tomoyo found that could bring the end to the evil sorcerers?' thought Li.

One man spoke up, "And what is this plan of yours to bring an end to the sorcerers?"

"There is a legend in this area, a legend of an almighty sorcerer that locked himself into a ageless slumber, waiting to be woken up so that he could bring the end to an evil that plagued the land. The legend speaks of one from the Li clan that will come and release the sorcerer from his slumber. Now we have the one from the Li clan and the great evil has been plaguing us for quiet some time. I think its time to release him."

A general uproar was created as every person in the room shouted their opinions. There were a few that thought that the sorcerer could indeed bring an end to the evil sorcerers but the others felt that another sorcerer wouldn't help solve the current problem since sorcerers were the source of the problems anyways. The rest thought that there was no such thing as the sorcerer locked in ageless sleep.

`Hmm, an almighty sorcerer that I can release? I wonder….could she be talking about…..the Card Mistress? No, that couldn't be the same legend as the one back at home…..this ones a boy….' Li thought.

"SILENCE!"

Everyone turned towards the new speaker. It was an old man that looked as if he could croak at any moment. He also looked like he had a lot of knowledge.

"This sorcerer you speak of….. I have heard of such a person…but, isn't there more to the legend."

"Yes," Tomoyo confirmed, "there is more…. It is said that the sorcerer's power grew to such an extent that he was unable to contain the power. Other sorcerers were able to grasp the power and contaminate it with evil and since the power was still his, the powerful sorcerer began to turn evil. To prevent himself from turning to the dark magics the sorcerer forged a bracelet of energy. The bracelet would cause him to temporarily loose all his powers whenever some outside source tried to make him do an evil deed. The legend states that the bracelet was placed in a special box next to the sorcerer and whoever puts the bracelet onto his wrist has limited control over him and putting the bracelet on him also wakes him up……."

`Control over a powerful sorcerer….. the Li clan could use that…..'

"Even if this legend was true, we can not spare many men to find the place the sorcerer resides," stated a bearded man.

"I think that if there's a chance that we can save this planet then we should go for it!" a young man said.

"The thing about you young people is that you don't take into account of what could happen if we spare men to go find this sorcerer we don't even know exists and the sorcerers attack than we would be overrun!"

"You old people just aren't willing to take any chances. If we don't take any chances there's no way this place will stay safe forever!"

"Why you little brat!!!"

"Old geezer!"

"You-!"

"QUIET!"

Everyone turned and was shocked to see that the shy and silent Tomoyo who was almost always polite was the one responsible for the sudden outburst.

"We have to go find this sorcerer, "Said Tomoyo , back to her polite self, "…..we have no choice."

"And why don't we have a choice?! Your going to make us?" asked a cocky man with red hair.

"They are going for him….if they get their hands on him then they will have the ultimate sorcerer with them and they will crush us easily!" Tomoyo almost shouted.

The room went deathly silent as the thought of an almighty sorcerer rampaging across the land, at the beck and call of the most evil of sorcerers. Finally, one of them spoke up.

"Don't they need someone from the Li clan to enter the sleeping place of the sorcerer?" asked a curious man.

"I think that Syaoran here can explain what the situation with that it," Tomoyo said.

Everyone turned towards Syaoran. Syaoran himself was shocked at his sudden inclusion into the meeting.

"Er, uh, what?" asked the confused Syaoran.

"Tell them about the traitor…." Frowned Tomoyo.

"…………him!" growled Syaoran.

Everyone looked at him more intensely because of the sudden outburst from the young warrior.

"He….the one that betrayed the Li clan!" yelled Syaoran standing up

Plz R&R…..It's my first fic and if I get nuff reviews I'll keep going! Me hopes you likes cause I haves the next chapter started already…… =)

Ja ne