Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rightful Ruler ❯ My Responsibility ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
THE RIGHTFUL RULER: By Ana-Malia:

CHAPTER 4: MY RESPONSIBILITY

Syaoran ran home as fast as he could and burst through the door. His foster-mother came over to him, "Syaoran, darling are you okay?" Syaoran gasped for air, "Y*gasp*ah. *pant*" he nodded and gently brought her to a chair. He called for his dad. The burly man came through the door and sat beside his wife. "I know that you found me." he said. They frowned and he added, "And I also now know who I was before you found me. I think you have the right to know as well." Five minutes later Syaoran squeaked when his mother hugged him bawling just as he had done when he showed up on their doorstep. He smiled despite the pain and hugged her back. His father said later he swore he heard something crack when she let Syaoran go. Then with a final good bye and wish me luck, he left the house and rode to the Yamani Castle on horseback.

Duke Eriol sighed contently. He was really surprised how everything worked. Getting rid of his cousin proved successful and even better when the whole royal famile believed him. The ceremony began until the bishop said, "Let all those whom respect our future king bow low. Those whom do not, speak up or forever hold your peace." The crowd bowed low. Princess Sakura beautiful in a black velvet gown stood and declared, "I have no respect for Duke Eriol none whatsoever. And I have a right not to!" The crowd gasped and Eriol said, "You dare to cross me, Princess. Gaurds arrest her for treason!" the gaurds began to advance reluctantly on the Princess. She retreated to the corner of the room and glared at the approaching gaurds, ready to fight for her rights. The guard raised his sword. The Princess gasped her emerald eyes alight with fear.

Then Syaoran came crashing through the stain glass window and kicked the guard away. Syaoran took the guard's sword and held his ground. He stood in front of Princess Sakura protectively. He was ready to fight for his kingdom and his destiny.

The old king stopped his story and stood up. The boy looked up, "That's it? What happens to Syaoran? Sire tell me! Please!" the king turned. "So respectful all of a sudden? Why the change of feelings?" he asked with amusement. The boy blushed, "I-I'm sorry. But please continue. You have an avid lis'ner!" the king chuckled to himself and sat down to finish the rest of the story.

Syaoran brandished the sword at the guards. Duke Eriol stood, "Arrest that boy immediately!" he shouted. Syaoran stood back said, "STOP! Duke Eriol has no right to command the soldiers of the Yamani Kingdom! That is my right! Just as is my right to govern the Yamani Kingdom itself!" Duke Eriol frowned, "You dare to go against the law? You, a peasant? Outragious!" Syaoran burned red, "I am Prince Xiaolang of the Yamani Kingdom, here to claim my rightful place at court. And you speak of going against the law? How so, when you committed high treason by knocking me over the head and leaving me on the doorstep of a kind farmer? I AM the true ruler of the Yamani Kingdom! It is my responsibility..none others! The proof! See the scar Prince Xiaolang received from birth!" he held out his hand and showed the crowd the triangular scar. They gasped in shock and bowed low. Duke Eriol stiffened while Prince Xiaolang walked up to the platform containing the throne.

"This isn't over yet!" Eriol hissed. Prince Xiaolang rose into the air and flew backwards and slammed against the wall. He groaned and slid down he wall. Duke Eriol's look of triumph faded when the Prince struggled to get up. "You took away my childhood with my birthparents, you took me away from Cherry. I WON'T let you take away my destiny!" Syaoran grunted and walked toward the throne in pain. Duke Eriol raised his hands and Syaoran rose into the air higher and higher. Syaoran cried out as he fell toward his death on the pews thirteen feet below him. Duke Eriol waited in anticipation.

Then he froze and landed on his feet. Duke Eriol gasped in surprise, "WHAT?!" Princess Sakura twirled the wand in her hand. Her sealing wand. The crowd began to murmur. "I WON'T LET YOU TAKE XIAOLANG AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!" she cried. Eriol glowed pink and froze in a powerful paralysis. Prince Xiaolang then took the throne. But before it was over he said, "Ch-Princess Sakurahe knelt before her and kissed her hand. The Princess' eyes shone happily. "Will you join me as my queen? I've known you for so long. And after finding you again, I don't ever want to lose you." He said. She nodded, "Y-Yes." She choked. Prince Syaoran laughed and whirled her around in his arms. Duke Eriol was released 8 months later when he confessed he had done wrong and wanted to make up for his mistakes. He wanted to become a kind ruler like his young cousin and begged forgiveness. He had changed. He was released. 13 years later they had a set of twin boys. Princes Sutomu and Shigehisa both born with odd scars on their palm, just like their father. Prince Sutomi, a cresent moon scar and Shigehisa with a lightning bolt. King Xiaolang felt would one-day be just and fair rulers of his beloved Yamani Kingdom.

The king stood and helped the boy up. Just as the queen was about to say something, the sound of something fragile crashing to the floor and tin pans falling with a bang in the kitchen. The queen rubbed her temples with a wry smile. The king laughed with mirth. His eyes crinkled with amusement, "So they're at it again." He said. "Guards bring them to me." The guards rushed off. There was yelling and more crashing. A door slamming shut was heard. The pounding and more yelling. The queen laughed when they heard an armor crash to the floor. Minutes later two burly guards walked in carrying two boys halfway off the ground by their brown robes. The boy saw they both had chestnut hair but on had green eyes, the other had deep brown. They were twins.

The boy with green eyes looked at his twin brother, "See? I told you to stop dancing with her in the hall! She still is as clumsy as you!" he hissed and attempted to kick the brown-eyed boy, but couldn't because he was hanging in mid-air. The brown-eyed boy stuck his tongue out. "I locked her in the closet, happy now? If you're so graceful why did you trip into a suit of armor, huh O Sunshine from Heaven?" he growled. The green-eyed boy swung a fist at his brother and the brown eyed struggled in the guard's iron grip. The king clapped. "Stop it right now!" he ordered. The brothers pointed to each other; "He started it!" they said at the same time. Then they frowned at each other. "No I didn't you did!" they accused each other in perfect timing. The king sighed and the guards chuckled. "Sutomu, farm or stables?" he asked. The green-eyed boy protested, "Why does he-" the guard covered the boy's mouth calmly and threatened to throw him in the closet with the girl if he bit. "Stables." Sutomu the brown-eyed Prince said quickly. The King Xioalang sent him to the farmyard. But not before taking the key to the kitchen from his robe. Then he turned to the green-eyed Prince. "Shigehisa, stables." Shigehisa fell on his behind when the guard dropped him. He shot the guard a dirty look then grinned at his father. "I broke a vase." He said innocently. Then he made sure his mother was looking. Queen Sakura seemed prepared for the worst. "The green and gold one." He said craftily. The Queen jumped up with a cry, "That's my wedding vase!" she yelped and ran in her skirts to the kitchen. The King turned to Shigehisa but the boy shot off for the door with the gaurds tailing after him. They never had a chance to catch him when they tripped in their armorthen it was dominoes.