Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Rightful Ruler ❯ "I WON'T LEAVE YOU EVER AGAIN" ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Rightful Ruler: By Ana-Malia:

CHAPTER 3: I WON'T LEAVE YOU EVER AGAIN

The girl gasped and pushed him off of her. "Who are you?" she said quickly. "Answer me! I order you to! No one has ever called me by that name since Prince Xiaolang disappeared!" Syaoran laughed, "Syaoran Li." he said. "Why. Who are you?" she pulled her tunic into place. She had green eyes and auburn hair. Oh yah. Did I mention the scowl? Syaoran seemed a bit nervous when she answered, "I am Sakura of China." Syaoran gasped, "The Princess??" she nodded and said, "You're Syaoran? How did you know how to flip me onto my back? And to call me Cherry?" Syaoran shrugged, "I dunno. I just called you Cherry. I've kinda known it just now. The same with the flipping thing." she paused, "Really? I don't know how you knew that, but I'm going to find out. You see, my best friend was Prince Xiaolang. He was kidnapped 10 years ago when Duke Eriol took him out for a walk. I don't know where he is. I miss him." she sniffed and she began to cry silently.

Syaoran felt bad for her and paused to put his arms around her. He tried to make her feel better and was happy to know that it made him feel good. She gripped his right hand and rubbed his palm like it was a habit. Syaoran felt the electricity shoot up his spine and he blushed. She looked up into his eyes, "I'm sorry I--" her gaze traveled to his palm and she noticed the scar he had had ever since he could remember. The triangle with the line in the corner. She pulled his palm closer to herself. Then she gave a cry of joy and leaped into his arms. "Xiaolang! You're alive!" she shrieked. Syaoran blushed even redder and stepped back. "I'm not the Prince Xiaolang! It's impossible! He's dead! I think. But he's been missing for nearly 10 years!"

Princess Sakura grinned. It was just like Xiaolang. And she wasn't going to lose this battle. But she didn't know how easily she'd win. Syaoran frowned, "I am not Pri-" he trailed off as he remembered something.

FLASHBACK: Prince Xiaolang crept up behind the pillar and threw himself at Princess Sakura. "AHHH! BONZAI!!!! I GOT YOU CHERRY!!!!" he yelled using the nickname he'd created. He pulled her to the ground.
She faked an elbow jab and swept him off his feet. Then she stuck two fingers to his neck. He grinned and clung onto her. He hefted his weight and flung her backwards, pinning her to the ground. "Gotcha." he said with a hoot. "I'm calling that Shiao Tsung." they laughed and continued their horse play.
That afternoon, Duke Eriol walked and talked with his little cousin. Finally, when he grew bored Duke Eriol pulled the little boy behind the hedge and said, "I am sorry I have to do this cousin." he picked up a rock and hit the little prince on the back of the head
He looked up at the lady with pools of tears shining in his big eyes. Then he cried even more when the woman cried, "HARRY! THERE'S SOMEONE AT OUR DOOR!" She crouched down and picked him up. Prince Xiaolang didn't know who he was, or where he came from. All he knew was..nothing. He was confused and it scared him. The woman gently rocked the bawling boy. Slowly he stopped crying and started to drift off to sleep. He clutched the woman's shoulder and closed his eyes. He whimpered and stuck his thumb in his mouth. She whispered, "Shhshhshsh." and he whispered, "I love you mommy." and then he fell asleep. The woman looked at her husband, the farmer. "Harry, whose child is this?" he shrugged. "Let's keep him for now. We'll call him..Syaoran."
END OF FLASHBACK

Syaoran slid down the wall, "ME? A Prince? Prince Xioalang? I-remember." He said his voice hoarse. Cherry flew at him and landed in his lap. Syaoran burned red, but she didn't seem to notice. She hugged him tightly crying happily. Then she handed him something. He opened his hand and found a silver ring with a green gem. He tried to give it back to her but she ignored him, "This is our friendship ring, Xiaolang." She said. "We were friends before you disappeared.." He broke in, "I didn't disappear. Cousin Eriol hit me on the head and left me on my father's front doorstep. The farmer." He said with a slight tinge of anger. Sakura jumped out of his lap. "Duke Eriol! I completely forgot! Today he's being crowned king of the Yamani Kingdom because no one knows where you are!" she exclaimed. Syaoran gasped, "No! I won't let him do it! Stall Cherry! For me, stall the coronation! Please! I have to tell my parents whom I am!" he said and jumped up and turned to leave. "Wait!" she shrieked. He turned and felt her hug him firmly. "I won't let you leave without saying good-bye ever again!" she promised still crying. She looked down. He tilted her chin up to his face and kissed her softly. She blushed and he whispered, "Cherry, I promise I won't leave you ever again." Then he picked up his fabric and ran home to tell his "parents".