Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Nightmare ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Second Generation Cardcaptors 24

Meeko: Okay, last time, we all faced off with Eriol, Hitori, Madoushi-sensei, (Makoto: She ain't our teacher anymore!) I'm being respectful! (Makoto: She is the enemy!) No excuse for bad manners! (Makoto: Bad manners!!??) *sigh* Akiko? Onegai? (Akiko: Silent! Release and dispel! Makoto: Mphrmmm!!!!) *giggles* As I was saying, we went up against her and Fushuku. Just when everything looked its worst, Dark attacks and I find the Light inside of me, then Makoto and I capture Light and Dark! I use Light to break Eriol free and we make our escape. Demo, not before that demon thing transforms, using Hitori and Madoushi-sensei's powers! Now we have big problems… (Makoto: Mphrphmmmm!!!) Yeah, whatever…

Fushuku bowed before his new master. The balance of power had shifted dramatically after the events from the previous night. Fushuku was powerful, but he was far from being able to defy the powers of Abbadon. Abbadon was a mighty demon from the underworld. Ruler and keeper of the keys to the abyss and was now on Earth…using the powers of Madoushi and Hitori, to increase his powers and attack the cardcaptors and their families…the only ones who stood against him.
Abbadon towered over Fushuku, even sitting on his massive throne. "We must turn the cards against the cardcaptors. Madoushi had the right idea…making them aggressive might make the job of destroying them easier."
Fushuku nodded, yet stayed down on his hands and knees, not daring to look up. "Yes...m-master."
"Go then, and taint the Dream card…I have sensed it nearby. It will bring nightmares to its victims, making them frails kittens in the real world. I will handle phase two of my plan." Abbadon proposed.
Fushuku nodded and stood up. "As you wish."
With a swish of his cloak, he disappeared from the room.

Hours later, Fushuku returned, task completed. Abbadon grinned. Now, for phase two. He formed a clock in his hands and cast a spell at exactly 6:06:06. That was when things would change for the children.

Fire.
All she could see was Fire.
She called out to her friends, as she felt the evil surrounding her. She held her staff in front of her, as she saw dark shadows surrounding her.
She saw her friends one by one disappear. Swallowed in the flames. "No!!!" She cried out. It was a card…she knew. But why was it acting so violent? Just like Windy did that one-day. Fiery was an attack card yes, but it fought with honor…not total destruction. What was she seeing?
She started to back up as the flames grew closer to her…she could feel the heat scorch her skin. She had no defense against something like this. What was she going to do? She did the only thing she could…she screamed.

Now then, since the adults were downstairs "chatting", or fighting in Kero and Suppi's case, the children were all upstairs in four separate beds in Akiko's room. The four young cardcaptors were all sprawled out in odd positions.
There was a yawn, and Shinji awoke from his quiet slumber. He stretched out his arms and sat up. Looking over at the bed next to him, he saw Meeko sleeping peacefully. He smiled and peered into her face. She looked so innocent in her sleep.
Suddenly, her eyes flickered and opened…amber orbs looking around her surroundings…assessing the situation. Soon they fell upon Shinji, bringing a smile to the Li Clan descendant. Shinji smiled back and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I thought I felt the aura of an angel nearby." He said sweetly.
Meeko blushed and hide back underneath her covers. "Sweet talker…" She giggled.
Shinji chuckled and poked at her stomach, making her squirm and come out of the covers. "Come on…we've been asleep long enough." He offered her a hand, which she accepted and sat up.
Makoto over to Meeko's side groaned and sat up. "Man, just when you finally get enough sleep, your sister has to get all mushy and wake you up."
Meeko swiftly picked up her pillow and threw it at her brother. "Mou! If only you had the guts to say such things!"
Makoto got the pillow right in the side of the face, knocking him off the bed onto the floor. His head came up, his hair in disarray. "Oh yeah! I could to!"
"Do it then!" Meeko dared.
Makoto cursed himself for suggesting it, and slowly turned to face Akiko, who was asleep in the bed next to him. But when he looked at Akiko, he immediately felt something was wrong.
"Akiko?" He gently touched her and heard her whimper in pain. Suddenly, his senses flared to life of danger. "Akiko!"
His shouting got Meeko's and Shinji's attention and they ran over to Akiko's side. Meeko reached over and felt her forehead. "She's burning up!"
Shinji immediately got up and ran to the room's door, getting the attention of the parents. Makoto closed his eyes and held onto her and to sense for the anomaly. Opening his eyes, he stared down at her in worry. "It's a Clow Card."
Meeko sniffed and tried to stop herself from crying…she hated to see her friends hurt like this. Sweat beaded her forehead, and Makoto used his sleeve to clean it off. "What's wrong with her?" She whimpered again, and it was as if a sword had pierced his heart…seeing the one he loved in pain, was killing him. He had to find out what was wrong.
Tomoyo was the first to burst into the room, followed by Eriol. They ran to their daughter and Tomoyo immediately showed worry for her only child. Kneeling down, she took Akiko's other hand…
"She's running a fever." She deduced, though it was evident because of Akiko's skin had a reddish tone to it.
Sakura took the blankets from another of the beds. "We need to break the fever." Taking off the blankets, so wrap up Akiko in the second blanket, Sakura gasped.
There were several burn marks covering her body. Her arms and legs, which were only covered in thins shorts were red and in some places wrinkled.
Seeing this Tomoyo started to cry. "What's happening to her!?"
Eriol took one look and frowned. "Dream."
"Dream?" Syaoran questioned. "But Dream usually shows pleasant dreams…what the person wants to see the most…" He blushed, remembering the dream he had concerning the Dream card and Sakura…he always wanted to see it again.

A ten-year-old Syaoran walked into the movie theatre and immediately noticed there was no one there…on the screen; he saw something that made him stop in his tracks.
On the screen, Syaoran watched himself hand over the Clow Cards… "Here…these are for you…I want you to have them…"
Syaoran gasped. "Huh! What!?" He would never give those up…they were the whole reason he was in Japan.
But then…next to the Syaoran on the screen…stood Sakura… The sky full of reds and oranges as the sun set over the ocean. She smiled and he saw himself hug her…
The real Syaoran gasped and stared in disbelief…would he ever do that? Did he actually care for the girl that was supposed to be his rival?

"Not always…" Shinji's voice broke Syaoran's daydream. "Lately, we have been noticing the Clow Cards acting rather strangely. They seem…more angry…aggressive. We haven't been able to find out what is causing their erratic behavior as of yet."
Eriol nodded. "It must be the enemy…they have found a way to change the Clow Cards actions. This will make them harder to capture."
Sakura's eyes bent in a frown, as Tomoyo cried for her daughter. Sakura knew she'd be doing the same thing if it were either of her children in Akiko's place. Something had to be done. But what?
Shinji sighed in dismay. He watched Meeko look down at her friend in worry. He hated when she was sad. Her smile was something that could make him happy no matter what the circumstances. He had to do something about this…he wouldn't do it just for Akiko…he'd do it for Meeko. To see her smile once more.
Shinji looked up to Syaoran. "Li-san, how did you capture Dream?"
Syaoran thought back. "I froze time with the Time card and Sakura captured it."
Shinji withheld a curse. "We don't have Time yet."
"I do." Sakura held up the Sakura Card Time. "Key that hides forces of stars! Show your true shape to me! I, Sakura, command you under the contract! Release!" Her familiar star key twirled and transformed in her staff and she spun it around. "Time!" A yellow light covered everything and the magic users, all except Tomoyo, looked around.
There. On Akiko's shoulder, a blue butterfly sat and glowed with its baby blue aura, haunting the child in her sleep.
Syaoran turned to his daughter. "Now!"
Meeko nodded and took out her own key. "Key of Clow, bestowed by right. Surrender the wand, surrender the Light! Release!" Her wand appeared before her and she faced Dream head on. "Dream Card! Return to the shape you were meant to be!" Dream was sucked into a card…but soon electricity filled the card, and it exploded, throwing Meeko into the far wall.
Sakura recalled Time, and Shinji ran over to help Meeko up.
"What happened?" Makoto asked.
Eriol thought for a moment. "The power that is making Dream so aggressive, makes it impossible to use Sakura Cards against it. The second set of Clow Cards is needed.
"Then we need to find Time." Shinji said.
Syaoran nodded. "But where…"
And there lays the problem.

Eriol had decided a while ago, that it would be best if Tomoyo not be present with Akiko, because Akiko's conditioned only worsened as time past. They knew they couldn't just walk up and call out Time's name to make it appear. They had to think of another way.
Shinji, Makoto, and Meeko stayed in the room with Akiko, all refusing to leave. Shinji held Meeko in his arms, she was fast asleep, her face covered in dried tears. She was worried for her friend; that was unarguable. Shinji had held her as her body shook with sobs. Akiko's body worsened, and no one saw a solution.
Shinji glanced at the clock. Six o'clock. Three hours since they had awaken. The Night before had really tired them out, and they slept for a good 6 hours…not much, but it was enough. Suddenly, Shinji felt a Clow Card's presence. He motioned for Meeko to wake up, and got Makoto's attention. They stood up and made a barrier around Akiko. They wouldn't let anything happen to her.
The room was filled with wind, and the cardcaptors took out their weapons, Shinji standing in front of Meeko and Akiko, staff held out in front of him. Through the open window, an old looking man in a brownish green robe, holding an hourglass with yellow colored sand.
"Time!" Shinji shouted in recognition.
Time smiled and held up the hourglass. The sand was nearly all at the bottom. "Oh no!" Makoto said, knowing full well when it got to the bottom, time would repeat itself.
Shinji frowned. "But…he can only do that at midnight I thought."
"Well these are the second set…maybe he can anyway."
"Do you boys really want to test that theory or capture this card!" Meeko shouted. "Fly!" Her wings came out of her back and she flew into the air, towards Time.
"Meeko! No!" Shinji warned, unveiling his own wings and flying after her.
"Arrow!!" Meeko called out and the bow formed in her hand. She pulled back the strong and release one arrow that split into 20 all aimed at Time.
Time looked at her and placed a gnarled hand over the hourglass. The sand stopped, along with Meeko and Shinji in midair, the arrows as well. "Huh?" Meeko asked in amazement.
"He…froze time." Shinji managed.
Another spell casts and the Time moved out of the way as the arrows flew past him, and hit the wall, time being sped up. Meeko was thrown into disarray and flew at the wall at a very fast speed. Shinji went with the speed and grabbed Meeko around the waist and turned around in midair, crashing into the wall, back first, cushioning a fall that would have knocked Meeko unconscious.
They fell to the ground, Shinji refusing to let Meeko go. Makoto growled and charged in at Time, using Dash, but it was too late. The sand ran out and everything reversed itself…

Shinji looked around and gasped. "No…not again…"
There in front of him stood Eriol…eyes red as hell. And besides him Hitori sneered at the cardcaptors.
"He…he sent us back." Meeko whispered.
Akiko moved in and attacked her father, just like the night before.
"She doesn't notice?" Makoto asked in wonder.
Shinji frowned and dodged an attack from Hitori. "Something's not right here." Usually any Magic user sent back into the past would know the difference, but here…Syaoran, Sakura, the guardians, they didn't seem to stop. Everything repeated itself exactly the way it had before.
The only ones who noticed anything was himself, Meeko and Makoto, Shinji found this odd. What were they going to do? They had to get back to the present day and save Akiko. Shinji received a blow to his side, with Hitori's weapon. He fell to the ground and Hitori kneed him in the mouth, he flew back.
Meeko growled and took a bunch of Hitori's hair and slammed her head in the wall. "Never touch Shinji, you hear me!?"
Makoto went over to Shinji and helped him up. "She's got quite a temper."
Makoto chuckled. "You should see father mad."
They sighed and ran back into battle. They would have to think of something after taking care of this.

Back at Tomoyo's house, the adults decided to go back upstairs and check up on their children, only to find them…gone!
Sakura and Syaoran ran to the wall and saw the 20 arrows embedded in the wall. Tomoyo ran to Akiko to check if she was all right, and Eriol went to the window. "Clow Ka-do no kehai." (I sense a Clow Card)
Syaoran walked over to the reincarnated Clow Reed. "Time?"
Eriol nodded.
"Where are the children?" Sakura questioned worriedly.
Eriol turned to her. "In the past."

Meeko and Makoto saw Eriol and Hitori come after them, so Meeko did what she had done before. She took out Light. "Light!" She shouted, Makoto grasping her and adding in his power.
The shadows came out, Eriol and Hitori collapsed, and Abbadon, made his debut.
"I don't to relive this." Meeko whimpered.
Shinji knew what would happen next and tried in vein to stop it. "Hitori! Look out!" He ran to her, but was blasted back from reaching her.
Makoto gasped and saw Time hidden in the corner. "Look!" He pointed Time out to Shinji, who nodded.
"Thunder!" He blasted Time and the hourglass fell to the ground. Meeko narrowed her eyes.
"Glow!" Bright light surrounded Time, who howled in pain. She would have used Light, but she was too weak to try using it again.
Makoto came forward and Time tried to run away. "Loop!" Time ran, but ended up running right back to where he was originally, where Meeko stood ready. "Time! Return to the shape you were meant to be! Time!" Time reverted to a Clow Card and flew to Shinji's hand.
"Huh? Why do I get it?" He wondered.
"You did the most damage…even Time can't outrun Lightning." Makoto smirked. "Can we go home now?"
Shinji nodded. "Time! Return us to our original time!" He spun his staff around and struck the card. The three were surrounded in a green light and disappeared from the room, as it began to cave in.

Sakura and Syaoran gasped as the children materialized in the room. Shinji was a little weak and staggered a bit, needing Meeko to steady him. "How's Akiko?" He managed.
Tomoyo shook her head sadly. "We're loosing her." She held back a sob.
Makoto's blood grew cold. "No!" He ran to her side. I won't let you leave me!
Meeko heard his words and sniffed.
Shinji took a deep breath and took out the Time once more.
Meeko gasped. "No! Don't…"
"Time!" He shouted, and the room was surrounded in the yellow light.
Makoto looked down at Akiko. Come on! You have to fight this!

Inside her dream, Akiko continued to see the images of Fiery attacking Makoto, Meeko, and Shinji. They fought back, yet didn't know what to do. Meeko was blasted by Fiery and blown back into a tree.
"No!!" Akiko screamed. I…I can't help them…
Come on! You have to fight this! She heard Makoto. But what was going on?
Then she realized it. This wasn't real! They were supposed to be asleep now…back at her house…in her room, sleeping. She remembered hearing her father's voice in the background, mumbling apologies to her for what he had done.
She would fight this. It was a dream! With new determination, she held her staff out in front of her, regardless of the countless burns she had on her body. She knew what this was. It was a Clow Card!
"Dream! Release me now!" The scene before her disappeared, and blackness filled her vision.

Back in the real world, Makoto watched Akiko's eyes flutter open and she gasped, like she was just breathing for the first time.
Makoto cried happy tears. "You're okay!"
Meeko jumped in, seeing Dream trying to escape. "Dream! Return to the shape you were meant to be!" Dream was sealed and flew to Akiko, who had been the one to conquer it.
Time resumed and everyone sighed in relief and went back to healing Akiko from her injuries, and Shinji, who had passed out from energy use. Eriol sat by his daughter's and wife's side, glad that they were both safe.
Syaoran looked outside the window and frowned. Their enemy wasn't going to be too happy.

Abbadon roared in anger, making Fushuku fly and hit the cavern wall. "How could they?! They are more powerful then I thought. And that power grows with each capture. Yet only two elements have been caught, so I am safe for now. The future has shifted a bit, yet I will triumph and the underworld will merge with this one! And those brats will not be able to stop me!!" He laughed and Fushuku cowered. What have I gotten myself into…?