Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ A Day of Poetry ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Generation Cardcaptors 25

Akiko: Man, oh, man. Last time was…well it was a nightmare! I was trapped in a makeshift hell Tomoyo: *gasps* Akiko! Watch your language! Akiko: Nani? I heard Dad say it was a place that creature was from. Tomoyo: *glares at Eriol* You use that kind of language around our daughter??? Eriol *swallows hard* Um…well, you see…I was really talking with Syaoran about Abbadon and well… Tomoyo: I don't want to hear it! You should be ashamed of yourself for using such language around our daughter! Eriol: *cowers away from mad wife* Akiko: *giggles* Well, That was cause of Dream, and Shinji went to get Time to save me. I'll have to thank him later…if I get the chance… With that dream…I don't know if I will get the chance…let's just hope I am wrong.

Akiko lay in bed, eyes closed, trying to remember her dream. If it was of the future, she wanted to remember all she could. Maybe then she could save her friends.
She reentered the dream, except this time, the heat didn't actually harm her. She was still healing from the last confrontation with Dream. Although, something had gone wrong then, and her dream had become real, in a sense. Scorching her skin in real life, from what she was experiencing in the dream.
Akiko looked around her and saw Makoto, Shinji, and Meeko all fighting Fiery. Fiery attacked them with red eyes flashing brightly. She was still acting strangely, and Akiko didn't know why.
She saw Makoto turn and see his sister barely get saved by Shinji from a large flame attack from the rogue Clow Card. Akiko saw it coming…but Makoto didn't.
"Makoto!!!" Akiko yelled. Makoto turned, but couldn't move out of the way in time.
"Oniichan!!" Meeko screamed from the air.
The Clow Card's attack hit Makoto head on. Akiko screamed, but when the attack was gone…so was her love. Burned into ashes before her eyes.

Akiko sat up with a jolt in bed, her sheets sticking to her body in a wet mass around her. She whipped her head of perspiration, and tried to catch her breath. She had seen Makoto's death. Was that what the future held? She hoped not.
"Akiko! Time to get ready for school!" Tomoyo's voice rang out.
"Hai!" With that, Akiko brushed the dream aside in her mind and got ready for school.
Meeko and Makoto entered the classroom and were greeted by their classmates, including Akiko and Shinji. Meeko blushed as she took her seat in front of Shinji, who smiled at her. Akiko took her seat and smiled at Makoto, who blushed and turned away to hide it. Akiko frowned. Did he like her? Or was he trying to avoid her? She wished she knew.
Meeko giggled at something Shinji said to her and Akiko sighed. She wished Makoto and her were like that. Just then, Mizuki Sensei came in and smiled at her relatives, Meeko and Makoto. Standing at the front of the class at the podium, the red haired women smiled. "Hope everyone had a good weekend." Taking a glance at the four cardcaptors she added. "Well, most of you." They grimaced. She obviously knew something had happened that weekend. "Today we are going to start with Japanese." The class groaned. Her yellowish eyes glistened with mischief. "Oh come on. It won't be that bad." She insisted. "All you have to do is pick a partner and create an original piece of poetry." The class brightened at hearing this, and set to work on getting their partners.
Shinji and Meeko automatically picked each other and Akiko sighed and looked around for her partner. She knew Makoto couldn't…
"Ano…Akiko?"
Akiko turned around and gasped. "M-Makoto! N-nani?"
Makoto shuffled his feet. "Would you…like…to um…be my partner?"
Akiko smiled widely at hearing this and nodded enthusiastically. "Hai!"

Sakura, Syaoran, Eriol and his wife, Tomoyo, sat in the Li household's living room. They were debating whither to fight Abbadon or stand by and watch their children attempt to take him and his servant, Madoushi, alone.
"Well, isn't it obvious that we should help?" Sakura said worriedly. She didn't like the idea of Meeko or Makoto going up against Abbadon at all.
Eriol sighed. "You are thinking like a mother, Sakura. You are the Clow Card Mistress…"
"I know my role in this, Eriol." She glared at him. "Thank you." She finished coldly.
Syaoran, who had been pacing back and forth behind the couch Sakura sat in, came down and sat next to his beloved. "Now, no need to get harsh with each other. It's obvious the rules have changed in this matter, ne Eriol?" He glanced at the reincarnation of Clow Reed.
Eriol nodded. "Hai, this…combining that has occurred was not counted on. In fact it was prayed against. The children were meant to capture the cards first. Not attempt to go up against the demon himself."
Sakura growled. "Well then the answer is clear! We have to help our children! Or do you suggest we stand by and watch them die?" Syaoran placed a hand on Sakura's arm, giving her a pleading gaze to calm down.
Eriol stiffened at the suggestion. "Of course I am not advising that, I am just saying our next steps need to be careful. I have already sent Spinel Sun, Kero and Nakuru to keep an eye on Fushuku and Abbadon. We need to know what they are going to do next, in order to take appropriate action against it." Eriol took a sideways glance at his wife. "Daijobu, koibito?" (Koibito = sweetheart)
Tomoyo glanced up sadly and sighed. "I just feel like I'd be getting in the way, 'cause I am the only one here without magical powers."
Sakura frowned in worry for her childhood friend. "Iie, Tomoyo. You have always found ways of helping us and ensuring victory." She insisted.
Tomoyo's violet eyes met Sakura's green ones. "Hai, I know. Demo, this is different. I need to be more…powerful, if possible, to render aide when you guys need me again."
Syaoran leaned forward and smirked. "Do you want to learn to fight?"
Tomoyo gasped and looked up, shocked. "N-nani?"
"Fighting, you know…punches, kicks, swords, that kind of…"
"I know what you mean." She cut him off. "Can you do that?"
Syaoran's mouth fell open in mock shock. "Can I…do that? Do you know who you are talking to?" Tomoyo smirked, as if knowing where this was going to lead. "I'll teach you…if you want to learn." He held out his hand.
Tomoyo's smile broadened and she took his hand, and shook it firmly. "Hai, I'm in."
Eriol smiled and nodded. "This will be a great idea. I need to teach you a few things too, Sakura."
Sakura groaned. "And here I thought all my testing was over."
Syaoran laughed and rubbed Sakura's back. "Daijobu. We'll use our training room."
Sakura sighed. "Hai."

In Abbadon's cave…
"Fushuku!" Abbadon roared.
The sorcerer came hustling into the throne area. "H-hai master?" He bowed his respects.
"I wish for two more cards to be…influenced." He commanded, giving the names of the two cards. (Like I am going to say them and ruin the juicy plot? NOT!"
Fushuku nodded and made ready to leave.
"Matte!" Abbadon stopped Fushuku cold in his tracks with a simple wave of his hand. "Create a distraction for the parents as well. If you destroy them; all the better. Here." He tossed Fushuku and strange black and gold ring, and then released Fushuku who smiled.
"As you wish master." Then he left the cave.

Back at school…
Meeko and Shinji were seated underneath one of the cherry blossom trees outside in the courtyard. Mizuki sensei had thought it best to write the poetry in and around nature. The kids agreed to this whole-heartedly. Akiko sat on the school's small brick wall, notebook in hand, and pencil against her chin in thought. "What should we right about?"
Makoto paced back and forth before her on the ground, hands at the small of his back, deep in thought. "I don't know, honestly. I was never one for poetry."
"Well, what kinds of things do you like?" Akiko asked, trying to find something to write about.
"You." Makoto replied on instinct, then caught himself and clamped a hand over his mouth. Akiko herself was in shock and gasped.
Makoto turned red. "I mean…eto…hoe…" He copied his mother's expression.
Shinji gave a suggestion to Meeko and she nodded happily. "That sounds great!" Then she bent over her own notepad and wrote it down. She finished it with a sharp period, and looked up. "You are a natural!"
Shinji blushed. "Well, I did have help…"

An eight-year-old Shinji walked around in a large library and noticed one book that was open on the study table. He carefully walked over to it and looked at the characters, written in Chinese, thought that proved no problem to him.
"The day I met you I knew you were special…your hair flew in the wind and made me sigh. I wished you liked me, but that was not true…if destiny shalt not see it through, I might as well die." Shinji read.
"What are you doing?" A stone cold voice came from behind Shinji.
Shinji gasped and whipped around to find Yue standing there, tall and foreboding.
Shinji struggled to find an answer. "Oh, well I was…um…"
"Were you reading this?" Yue said, picking up the book from the table.
Shinji looked down in defeat. "H-hai."
"Do you know what it was for?"
Shinji looked up shocked that his father wasn't mad at him. "H-hai." He stuttered again.
Yue smiled in memory. "I wrote these when I first met your mother. Truth be told she was not interested in me, but Touya, which was understandable." Shinji frowned in confusion, and Yue quickly continued. Those questions would be answered later. "Anyways, I was in love with her and when I found out about her other form, I knew we were meant to be. And by then, she knew it too."
Shinji smiled. "And you kept this book all these years?"
Yue nodded, closed the book, and handed it over to his son. "Now it's yours."
Shinji gasped and took the book. A smile crept onto his face. "Arigatou."
"Do itashimashte." (You're welcome) Came the reply.

"And that's how I know so much about poetry. He wrote some really sweet pieces." Shinji finished his tale to Meeko.
Meeko smiled. "That was so kawaii! Do you still have it?" She questioned.
Shinji blushed. Yes, he had it, but now it was full of poems about her, the love of his life. But he wasn't going to let her see those. "H-hai I still have it. Demo I'll show it to you another time."
Meeko nodded in acceptance of the answer he produced. "Okay."
Akiko wrote down the last line of the poem and smiled. "Great work!" She glanced at the boy besides her, who hadn't spoken a word except maybe a line here and there for the play. "Still in shock?" She teased.
Makoto glanced up. "N-nani?"
Akiko sighed. "Listen, if you didn't mean to I underst-…"
Makoto took her hand, cutting her off. "Iie, I don't mind. I am glad you know now." He confessed.
Akiko blushed at his touch and turned her head. "H-hontou ni?"
"Hai." He replied and slowly bent in to kiss her cheek, but she turned and both were surprised, when their lips met in a quick kiss, before Makoto pulled back in shock and accidentally fell from the wall.
Akiko gasped and jumped down besides him. "Daijobu?" She asked worriedly.
Makoto got up and rubbed his sore behind. "H-hai."
Akiko giggled. "I…I like you too."
Makoto's head shot up. "Nani?"
Akiko giggled and held his hand. "Hai."
Both blushed, but neither one moved.

From behind their hiding place, Meeko and Shinji giggled and high fived. Finally! Meeko had felt her brother's strange feelings change and sought him out to discover him and Akiko kissing! She only wished she had her camera with her!
"Don't worry." Shinji had said in a whisper. From behind his back, he produced a small digital camera. "Akiko asked me to hold it for her." Meeko gasped. Shinji smirked. "She never said anything about not using it."
Meeko moved away from their hiding space and smiled widely. "I am glad he finally told her. I thought I was going to have to blackmail him to tell her!"
"You are going to have more problems than that coming up." Both youths whirled around and faced Mizuki sensei. "I feel a power coming. It is unstable."
Meeko frowned. "A Clow Card?"
Mizuki Kaho nodded. "Hai, be on your guard, and tell your brother."
To that, Shinji and Meeko readily agreed.

Thrust, parry, thrust, parry, the cycle continued and each time, Syaoran landed imaginary hits on Tomoyo's form that she left exposed with her own sword. She sighed and whipped sweat from her forehead. "I don't think this is working." She said sadly.
Syaoran came up, a small bead of sweat ran down the side of his face, but he was not out of breath. "Don't worry. Not everyone fights with a sword." He gestured with his sword to the dueling pair at the other side of the room. There, Eriol and Sakura, fought with staffs and Sakura blocked an attack by Eriol and did a counter stroke right after.
Tomoyo shook her head. "You want me…to try with that?" She looked at Syaoran with an eyebrow raised, while the warrior went to the weapons rack and took down two staffs. Tomoyo handed Syaoran the sword, which he replaced to the rack, and sheathed his own.
"These aren't that heavy." Syaoran handed her the weapon, which she quickly tried to familiarize herself with. He twisted and turned his around a few times, and faced Tomoyo once again.
Tomoyo swallowed hard and held the staff in two hands. Syaoran began the instruction. "Okay, now there are 3 levels of defense. There is close up, middle, and an outer circle." He explained, showing her where each of the sphere's lay. "You use different moves when each area is attacked. Say I attack here…" He swung the staff and stopped about an inch from her side. "To defend against that, you block like this." Again he demonstrated for her.
While Syaoran taught Tomoyo, Eriol showed Sakura a few moves himself. Eriol swung the staff around expertly and suddenly charged in to Sakura, who was ready. He came in low and fast, attempting to trip the Card Mistress at her ankles, but Sakura had her own plans. She jumped into the air twisted and used the staff, in mid air; to slam down hard on Eriol's back. She landed behind him and he staggered.
Quickly recovering Eriol swiped the staff behind him, hitting Sakura in the side. She smirked as the staff was against her side and called out a card. "Power!" A pink aura surrounded her and she held onto the staff and heaved it up, bringing Eriol into the air with it. He cried out in surprise and went flying into the training wall, which was padded. He slumped to the floor in a tired heap and looked at Sakura from his upside down viewpoint. "You've…gotten better."
Sakura smiled and held out her hand to help the sorcerer. "Of course you know I've been training with the best China has."
Eriol got up and nodded, bowing to the card mistress to signify the end of the match. "And we have the best in Japan here in our presence as well."
Sakura giggled, then gasped as she felt strong hand come around her waist. "Japan? Try the world." Syaoran said, kissing Sakura on the neck, making her squirm, her one tickle spot.


A/N: If you liked this chapter, please do me a favor and go check out my friend's story "A Dragon's Legend." It's an Escaflowne fic by Cool Fire Bird, which we all know is an awesome writer, so go and read it!