Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Up High/ Down Low ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Generation Cardcaptors 26

Sakura: Last time, the four children had some fun with an assignment they had at school. Makoto finally confessed his feelings to Akiko, which brings me great joy. Akiko, beforehand was trying to understand a dream she had, one which showed Makoto getting hurt. Let's just hope that never happens.

Meeko and Shinji made their way up to the front of the class. Meeko had a smile on her face, and Shinji gentle reached down and held her hand.
"Next we have Meeko and Shinji reading their poem." Mizuki Sensei introduced.
Meeko and Shinji held one paper and read off their own lines…

My Love Goodbye

The sky is blue
And so am I
For the one I love
Has said goodbye

I never told her
What I felt for him
Who will protect her?
When things look grim?

I didn't want to leave
But they made him, I know
I promise to return
I'll feel his aura glow

So until that day
I'll wait patiently
We will be together
He'll return to me.

The class applauded the two, and Makoto frowned at his sister. Where did you think this up?
Meeko smiled back at her brother as she and Shinji took their seats. Shinji thought up the rhyme, while I based it on stories mom and dad told us about the time dad went home for a while.
Makoto smirked. You do know that if they find out you wrote something like that, they won't be very happy.
Meeko shrugged. They don't have to find out then…
"Next up, we have Akiko and Makoto." Mizuki Sensei said
Makoto took a deep breath and Akiko took his hand and help him come up to the stage. Don't worry, you'll do fine. She encouraged, using her new skill to communicate with her love.
Makoto nodded and together he and Akiko held their paper. Clearing their voices, the started the duel poem…

Nature's Sole Possessions

The birds that chirp
The sun that shines
The wind that blows
Are nature's divines

Solemn and sweet
An endless calm
The monarch butterfly
That lands on my palm

What peace is this?
Bestowed to me
Can it last forever?
Or is it not meant to be?

Wars and fighting
Death, a common sight
Desire to grow wings and leave
On a mystic flight

Meeko and Shinji gave a standing ovation, while the rest of the class also gave their applause. Makoto smiled and Akiko beamed. They took their seat and Makoto took a sigh in relief. Akiko smiled at his composure and leaned forward. "You did great." She whispered.
Makoto grinned and turned partially to his side. "Thanks to you." He replied.
Akiko blushed and turned her face to the paper in front of her, to hide it.
Makoto chuckled quietly, and as the rest of the class gave their poems, he took out a piece of paper and wrote something down. Quickly he handed it to Akiko, who opened it up and read it. She gasped quite loudly.
Mizuki Sensei looked to Akiko and raised an eyebrow, but left it at that. Akiko was in nothing less than shock. Meeko looked over at her friend with a frown. Akiko handed the paper to Meeko, who read it and had the same reaction, but just hide it well. Shinji peered over her shoulder and chuckled. "Finally."
Meeko looked over at her brother, who had buried his face in his arms, to hide his bright red face. The note read…
Akiko, will you go out with me?
So, you finally asked her out? Meeko asked her brother.
Makoto's head shot up and he looked over at his sister. She smiled and held up the note. Makoto groaned and buried his head back in his arms. Meeko looked over at Akiko and nodded.
Akiko took out a piece of paper and wrote a response. She handed it to Makoto who lifted his head to read it.
Of course I will. I thought you'd never ask! We'll
talk about the place later, ne?
Makoto smiled, his blush fading from his face, but he mentally screamed. She said yes! She said yes! She said yes!
Meeko heard this and couldn't help but burst out in laughter. In which everyone turned to looks at her strangely and she waved her hand to dismiss the commotion.

Walking home from school, the four came to their crossroads and said goodbye to go their own houses. Akiko leaned in and gave Makoto a kiss on the cheek, before her and Shinji went off one way, and Meeko and Makoto went towards their house.
Meeko looked at her brother's dreamy expression and giggled. "So just what are you thinking over there bro?"
Makoto blinked and came back to reality for a second. "N-nani?"
Meeko shook her head. "I am glad you finally asked her out."
Makoto blushed, despite himself. "Yeah well, I do like her."
Meeko giggled more and kept walking. "So where do you plan to go?" No response. Meeko turned around. "Makoto?" She couldn't see him anywhere. "Where are you?" She looked around.
I'm right here…what do you mean? Makoto replied mentally.
Meeko looked down at the ground and gasped. All she saw was her brother's shadow! "Makoto! What happened!?" She went down on her hands and knees and touched the ground where the shadow was, and her brother wasn't.
Makoto blinked a few times and saw he couldn't see his body! What happened!!?
Meeko was a little panicked. "I don't know!" Okay, really panicked. She started to cry. Her attention split like it was, another card decided to take advantage of her. A pink blow surrounded Meeko and she gasped as she began to float up into the air.
She pulled out her cards. "Fly!" She hit it with her wand, which was now out and tried to release the card. But instead, the glow of the card increased and Meeko wasn't going anywhere. Strangely, she felt her energy leave her and she collapsed in the bubble, as she rose higher in the air.
She had to get out and help her brother.
She and Makoto got the same idea at the same time. Shinji!! Meeko screamed.
Akiko!! Makoto shouted.

Back at Syaoran's and Sakura's home…
Tomoyo and the rest were coming out of the basement, when they sensed some magical disturbance outside. "What could that be?" Sakura asked her husband.
"Trouble." He replied, narrowing his eyes.
The four went outside and were disturbed to see Fushuku standing on their lawn. "What are you doing here?" Eriol demanded.
Fushuku smiled. "Master Abbadon wishes to give you a present." The black ring on his hand began to glow and out of the ground, came 3 giant horse people, called centaurs, two male and one female. The men welded swords, and the woman had a staff.
"N-nani!?" Tomoyo asked, bringing up her staff, which she still had in her hand from earlier.
"Demons…from the underworld. Abbadon's slaves." Eriol explained, calling out his staff, while Syaoran and Sakura called out their weapons. Eriol quickly used a spell to put anyone who was in a close proximity to sleep.
Fushuku turned to the hellish creations. "Uragiri! Nikushimi! Dokeki! Attack them!" (Uragiri (the only female) = treachery, Nikushimi = hate, and Dokeki = venom)
The three centaurs turned to the four adults and their eyes glowed red. Then suddenly, they charged forward and attacked.
Uragiri attacked Sakura, Nikushimi attacked Syaoran, and Dokeki took on both Eriol and Tomoyo, who had decided to fight.
Sakura called out both Power and Sword to use against Uragiri. Of course since Uragiri was about twice as tall as Sakura, she called out Big as well. Uragiri came in low and fast, sweeping with her staff to try and trip Sakura. Sakura bounded forward and flipped in the air, striking down with her sword and slicing Uragiri's back. Uragiri growled in pain and bucked back her rear two hooves to kick Sakura off to the side and into a tree.
"Sakura!" Syaoran cried and blocked a blow from Nikushimi. Nikushimi was fierce and Syaoran had a hard time landing any strikes. "Blasted animal!" He threw his sword forward and lightning lashed out to wrap around Nikushimi. Nikushimi reared back ad tried to throw the lightning off him, unsuccessfully of course.
Syaoran took this opportunity to run to his beloved.
Eriol and Tomoyo were having troubles of their own. Dokeki was able to fend both of them off, and still counterstrike! Eriol raised his staff in the air and red fireballs came racing out. Dokeki was not impressed however. He simply used his sword and deflected them to the side.
Tomoyo came up with an idea and used her staff to deliver a painful blow to Dokeki's arm, making his sword off target and Eriol landed a few blows.
Uragiri and Nikushimi stood together as Syaoran helped his wife to her feet. Both nodding, they threw their hands forward and casts spells of hate and mistrust into the cardcaptors.
Sakura and Syaoran both glowed black for a moment before Sakura abruptly threw Syaoran off her. "I don't need your help!" She raised her sword against Syaoran.
Syaoran growled. "Oh what, you think I haven't risked my neck saving your butt a million times at least!? I should be Clow Card Master! Not you!"
Sakura narrowed her eyes. "We will see about that!" She took a step forward and attacked Syaoran.

Right when Akiko was about to enter her mansion, with Shinji at the gate, waiting for her to be safely inside, both stiffened and looked at each other. As if on instinct, both dropped their backpacks and ran back towards their friends.
"What do you think has happened!?" Akiko asked running.
"It's a Clow Card! Mizuki Sensei warned us about earlier!" Shinji yelled and ran full speed, Akiko at his side, to where they saw Meeko high in the sky. "Meeko!!!" He shouted.
Calling upon his wings, Shinji raised up into the air, putting his arms straight against his sides, increasing his speed, ten fold. He came up to Meeko, rising slowly but surely, and saw her eyes half open, and her aura fairly weak. "What happened?" He asked.
Meeko moaned and tried to get out the words. "M-ma...koto." She weakly pointed to the ground, where Akiko had discovered the shadow of her loved one.
"Makoto. What's happened to you?" She choked on the verge of crying.
Makoto's form was lying on the ground, also being drained of his powers. "S-shadow…" He whispered. He was breathing heavily now.
Akiko was very worried. There's no way I am loosing him after finally knowing that he likes me back. She set her face with determination and looked up to Shinji. "Shinji! Come here!"
Shinji looked at Meeko. "I'll be right back. Don't worry." He kissed the outside of the bubble and traced his hand on the outside of Meeko's before diving back down. "Any ideas as to what the heck is going on here?" He asked Akiko as he touched down on the ground again.
Akiko looked over at Makoto. "He says it is Shadow." She told him.
Shinji looked up at Meeko, encased in the pink bubble. "Then that has to be Float." He deduced. "We have to free her from it."
Akiko nodded and tried to think of a way. "What about Sword?"
Shinji nodded and took out his card. "Sword!" His staff turned into a sword and he flew up to Meeko. He let out a battle cry and sliced at the bubble. It hid the Float, but it didn't slice through it. "Nani!" Shinji exclaimed.
Meeko moaned as her energy continued to leave her. "Forget it, Shinji-kun…leave me…I'll be fine." She coughed and laid her head down again.
Shinji growled and punched at the bubble. "Iie! I won't stop until you are safely in my arms again, Meeko. I care too much about you." He looked at sword and struck at Float again. Nothing. "If only this had more power!"
Down on the ground, Akiko got an idea. Power? "Shinji!" She got his attention and took out her staff and card. "Power!" The little girl in pink appeared before Akiko and she blinked. "Combine with Sword and release Meeko from Float's power!"
Power nodded and dissolved into a pink stream that rose into the air and surrounded Shinji with Sword. Shinji glared at the bubble encasing his love. "Sword!" He struck at Float, and this time was rewarded when Float ripped open and released Meeko, who fell right into Shinji's arms.
On the ground, Akiko held her staff in her hands. "To Thy true form!! Float!!" Float was sealed in a card and was rewarded to Akiko.
Shinji came down to the ground and held Meeko close to him. "Good work. Arigatou." He bowed his thanks to Akiko.
"What about Makoto?" Akiko asked worriedly, seeing Makoto's shadow on the floor, just lying there still.
Shinji glanced worriedly at his friend. "I'm not sure…why would Shadow act like this?"
Akiko frowned. "It has to be that demon guy's fault."
Meeko slowly opened her eyes. "M-Makoto…d-daijobu?"
Meeko…I feel, so weak… Came his reply.
Meeko slowly reached into her pocket and pulled out a card. Shinji saw this and gasped. "Iie, Meeko, you are too weak!"
Meeko would hear none of it. "L-Light…chase away the shadows…Light."
Light was released and Shadow had to release its hold on Makoto to pull itself together and hide away from Light. Shinji placed Meeko on the ground carefully, who was now passed out. "It's not enough." He took out his own card. "Thunder!" Thunder came out and Shadow recoiled as the brightness from the two cards grew. Shinji raised his staff into air. "Shadow! To thy true form!" Shadow was sealed with a mighty howl and rewarded to Shinji. "Thank goodness that's over." He said.
Akiko ran over to Makoto, who was nearly passed out on the floor, but at least they could see him this time. "M-Makoto, you okay?" She asked carefully.
Makoto opened his eyes and a smile appeared on his face. "Daijobu desu ka." He replied. Akiko sniffed and buried her head in his chest, giving him a nice hug.
"I was so worried for you!" Akiko sniffed.
Makoto wrapped her in a warm hug. "Don't worry. You really think I'd leave you, after all the time it took to ask you out?"
Akiko looked up and giggled, then Makoto kissed her forehead. "Guess not."

Eriol and Tomoyo worked together and slowly wore Dokeki down until he fell to his knees, well his front ones anyway, and Tomoyo landed a defining blow to his head, knocking him out cold.
Eriol turned to see Sakura and Syaoran attacking each other, while Uragiri and Nikushimi watched with amusement as their spells worked beautifully. Eriol ran to the two centaurs, while Tomoyo ran to Sakura and Syaoran.
"What are you doing? You guys are married! Best friends forever! Why are you attacking each other?" She demanded.
"He was in my way!" Sakura shouted and flicked out her right foot in a roundhouse that was blocked by Syaoran.
"She doesn't deserve to be Clow Card Mistress! She's weak!" Syaoran said, counterstriking with an upper cut which Sakura juked out of the way from.
Tomoyo couldn't believe what she was hearing.
"It's a spell!" Eriol said, using a new spell that released a black ribbon around the last two centaurs. "They have to break free of it!"
Tomoyo had a worried expression in her young features. Then an idea came to her. She ran over and tackled Sakura, quickly going into her pockets and grabbing the cards.
Sakura threw Tomoyo off and growled and she jumped to her feet. "What do you think you're doing!?" Sakura shouted.
Tomoyo moaned and got to her feet. She frantically searched threw the cards, until she found the one she wanted. "Love!"
Love was released and small red and pink light fell on Sakura and Syaoran. They blinked and looked around. "W-what happened?" They asked simultaneously.
Eriol let out a cry as the ribbon broke and the centaurs were set free.
Tomoyo cried out. "Eriol!"
Shaking their heads once more, Sakura and Syaoran turned their combined efforts against the two centaurs.
Fushuku was watching all this in amusement, when Abbadon's voice boomed in his head. "Return! Those brats have won once more. We must regroup!"
Fushuku growled and recalled the three centaurs, then disappeared himself.

When everyone was together again, all at Tomoyo's mansion, since Sakura and Syaoran's front lawn was being replanted, due to 'a small fire that broke out and scorched the entire front part of their house'. Meeko and Makoto were resting, and Shinji along with Akiko were with the parents, filling them in. Eriol nodded in understanding.
"He knows that if they get all the cards, he will be in threat of losing the keys to the abyss and therefore all the souls that have been trapped there." He explained.
"So who is he after?" Syaoran questioned.
"All of us. We all are a threat to him, since we all have the power to stop him." Clow Reed's reincarnation replied.
Tomoyo cleared her throat. "Speaking of powers…" No one ever did have an explanation for why she was able to call out the Clow Card Love.
Eriol nodded again. "I believe you were able to do that because you have some innate powers yourself. It was known that Nadeshiko had powers before Sakura, and I don't see why her mother couldn't have either. Therefore, maybe the magic skipped your mother, Tomoyo, yet bestowed itself upon you somehow."
Tomoyo nodded. "Makes sense…sort of."
"The Cards are getting more aggressive." Shinji pointed out.
"Abbadon must be influencing them somehow." Yue replied.
Akiko frowned. "Can't we stop him from influencing them?"
Eriol shook his head in a negative. "Only if the cards are caught before he has the chance to get to them."
Sakura sighed in despair. "Things never get easier."

Back at the cave…
Abbadon had a clawed finger to his chin. "They are getting more powerful, and more connected to one another…we must stop them."
"Well if you had let me stay with the parents I could have finished them off!" Fushuku replied.
Abbadon grinned. "That was only a distraction…the real fun will begin soon…and I only have to cast one spell to do it, and one of those puny Cardcaptors will parish."
Fushuku raised an eyebrow. "Are you certain?"
"It has been prophesized so."
At the entrance to the cave, Nakuru, Suppi, and Kero all gasped. Whatever they have planned could not be good.
Nakuru motioned for Kero and Suppi to back up a little. "We must tell Eriol." They all agreed and left to report.
Behind them, Abbadon held his hands together and in them, the image of a card appeared. "One card…one death…" He said. The card's name faintly showed up at the bottom…
Fiery.

A/N: If you liked this chapter, you also have to read my best bud's story "Truth and Destiny". It's an awesome story with great alternate reality story plots! You have to read it! Unless you want SGC to stop *smiles* Go and check it out, you won't be disappointed!