Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Death Foretold ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Generation Cardcaptors 27

Shinji: Last time, Meeko and I read a poem that we wrote together in front of the class! Akiko and Makoto did the same and afterwards Makoto asked Akiko out on a date! I can't believe the little tike actually had the guts to ask her out. I'm glad though. Maybe we can make it a double date! *smiles* Anyways, after school, Meeko and Makoto were taken over by the Clow Cards Float and Shadow. Akiko and I, through our connections with the twins, found out and were able to save them. But Akiko knows something that she won't tell anyone. I wonder what that is…

Akiko saw Makoto die over and over again and cried out. "Makoto!!" She shot up in bed, drenched in sweat, trying not to cry. She knew she needed to talk to someone about this. She quickly got dressed, thankful it was Saturday, and ran downstairs.
She ran into her mother, sitting at the dining room table, as the cook made breakfast. "Mom, where's dad?"
Tomoyo looked up and smiled at her daughter. "Ohayo, Akiko. I believe he's in the study."
Akiko nodded. "Arigatou." She replied briefly and ran down to the large library in the basement. She went down there and saw her father sitting in his usual large maroon chair, reading a book. "Otousan?"
Eriol looked up with a smiled. "Ohayo, Akiko." But seeing her worried expression he frowned. "What's the matter?"
Akiko bit her lip in hesitation and slowly walked up to her father. "Ano…can you change fate? Change…the future?"
Eriol looked at her carefully. "Well, if you know what the future is…sometimes you can change it. But you must be careful, because one false move and you might make things worse." He warned.
Akiko nodded and tried to think of the dream. "Can you prevent things?"
Eriol nodded. "Hai, if you stay focused and try to think of an alternative solution."
Akiko came up with an idea and hugged her father. "Arigatou, I gotta go." Then she ran out of the study.
She ran up to her room once more and grabbed the phone. She dialed the number and waited for someone to answer.
"Moshi, Moshi, Yukito speaking."
"Ohayo gozaimas, Yukito-san. This is Akiko. Is Shinji-kun available?" Being as polite as she could be.
"Hai, matte onegai."
Akiko waited, playing with the phone cord in all her nervousness and worry. She didn't have long to wait.
"Akiko? Ohayo gozaimas. You are up early, ne?"
Akiko smiled. "Hai, haven't been getting much sleep."
"That dream?"
Akiko gasped. How'd he know? "H-hai, I…I need a favor."
Anything, just name it.
Akiko took a deep breath. "I need an excuse to be by Makoto for most of the day. I have a bad feeling something's going to happen, and I need to be there."
"Um…okay. You guys have a date today, ne?
Akiko gasped. "That's right! Demo…I really don't remember where he said we were going."
"I'm not sure he's name a place just yet. Matte let me try something…"
Akiko frowned. "Alright."

Meeko was combing her hair in the mirror when Makoto came out of the shower. "Going somewhere special?" She teased, knowing full well what he was doing."
Makoto tried to hide his blush. "Yeah well, I want this to be perfect." He said.
Meeko nodded in understanding. "You'll do fine." She suppressed a laugh as Makoto had trouble working the knot of his tie. "Here, let me help you." She got up and pulled the knot out and reworked it, until it fit neatly around his neck. "There."
"Arigatou."
"So where you taking her?"
Makoto froze. "Oh no!"
"Don't tell me you haven't thought of a place yet!" Meeko smacked her head with her hand. "My brother's a baka brain!"
"I just never thought that far yet!" Makoto defended himself.
Meeko put her fists on her hips. "Better think of something quickly."
Makoto sat down in one of the chairs and tried to think of such a place. Nothing came to mind. "Hoe! I don't know!"
"Now you sound like mom! Stop that!" Meeko scolded.
Makoto was about to protest when the phone rang. "Moshi, Moshi, Makoto speaking."
"Makoto, this is Shinji. Hey, where are you taking Akiko today?"
Makoto gasped. How did he find out? "Um…I'm not sure just yet. Got any ideas?
One the other end, Shinji smirked. "Hai, what about the fair that's in town? You can double date if you are unsure as to what to do, Meeko and I can come along. Your first date doesn't have to be alone."
Makoto nodded. "Alright, good plan."
"Great, now can you pass the phone to Meeko so I can ask my girl out?"
Makoto chuckled. "Your girl? Boy, you've fallen hard, ne?"
"And you haven't?" Shinji countered.
Makoto blushed and handed the phone over to his sister. "Here, it's your boyfriend."
Meeko smiled and took the phone. "Really? I thought you were talking to your girlfriend for a moment there." She smirked and sat down on her bed. "Ohayo, Shinji-kun!"
Shinji smiled. "Well, hello beautiful. Mind going with me on this wonderful day to the fair with your brother and his date?"
Meeko jumped for joy. "I'd love to go anywhere with you."
"Okay, let's say, noon then?"
Meeko nodded. "Hai, ja ne."
"Ja."

Shinji clicked over and was talking to Akiko again. "Can you go to the fair today?"
Akiko frowned. "Hai, I guess so, demo I have a date with Makoto…so how can I go anywhere with you?
Shinji laughed. "You will be going with Makoto. Just hang up and you'll know what I mean."
"Alright…I'll see you later."
"Indeed you will."
"Ja ne."
Shinji hung up and his mother came up behind him. "Playing matchmaker again, son?" Nakuru asked, wearing a neat navy blue dress with a light pink apron.
Shinji nodded. "Like always." Then he added. "At least my girlfriend is my size."
Nakuru pouted. "Yeah well, I could have been taller, but I wanted Touya-kun to be taller than me." She winked and left the room.
Shinji sighed. "I just hope this works."

Akiko hung up the phone and no sooner had she set the receiver down, then it began to ring. She picked it up. "Moshi, moshi, Akiko speaking."
"Akiko? Would you like to make our date a double date and go to the fair?" Makoto's voice came over the phone.
Akiko gasped. Shinji… She cleared her throat. "I'd love to. What time?
"Can we meet at your place, say…noon?" Makoto replied, pretended to think about it.
"Hai, that'll be fine. See you then."
" 'Kay, bye." Then Makoto hung up.
Akiko smiled and hung up as well. You are slick, Shinji…I'll give you that much. Demo…at least I can keep an eye on him that way. Kami-sama, I don't know what I'll do, if he dies…

Akiko, Meeko, Shinji, and Makoto, all stood before the entrance to the fair with eyes wide in amazement. Rides littered the whole area and people ran from game stand to game stand winning stuffed animals galore! Shinji and Makoto seemed unimpressed, but the girls immediately grabbed their respective guys hands and ran for the fair.
Meeko and Shinji went to the games stands, while Akiko and Makoto had fun on the rides.
"So…which do you want?" Shinji asked a smiling Meeko. Meeko looked at all the stuffed toys above the multicolored balloons that stuck to the wall, ready to be popped. "Um…that one!" She pointed to a stuffed animal that was a cute little red bear that held a bright pink heart.
Shinji nodded. "You got it." He pulled his arm back that held the dart and threw it forward with acute aim, one balloon popped. Then he repeated this gesture with the other two darts and popped two more balloons.
The man inside smiled and reached up to pull down the bear. He shook his head with a smile. "You got some aim there, kid." He handed it to Shinji, who bowed his thanks and turned to Meeko. "Your toy, miss."
Meeko took it but Shinji held onto it and pulled her close to whisper in her ear. "You will always hold my heart in your hands."
Meeko gasped and decided to quickly give Shinji a kiss on the cheek and run off to the corn dog stand.
Shinji was a little dumbfounded and had to regain his composer before running after the dark haired beauty.
Akiko had chosen a nice little teacup ride and Makoto and she were trying to see who could spin it faster. Akiko tried, but the wheel was so hard to spin.
Makoto smirked and took the wheel. "Ready?" Akiko grasped the side of the teacup and nodded. Makoto spun the teacup and Akiko screamed with all her life. They spun and spun and afterwards, Makoto had to hold her up, because the world just would not stop spinning! (I wonder why? Although, I never really did like those rides. Ah well…)
Makoto giggled as he and Akiko sat down at a nearby bench. Makoto looked over at Akiko. "Are you having fun?"
Akiko shook her head once more to clear it and nodded enthusiastically. "A lot! Thank you so much!" She jumped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips.
Makoto was shocked, but soon wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer.
Just then, Meeko and Shinji came up with four corn dogs in their hands. They stopped cold when they saw the two kissing on the bench. Shinji raised an eyebrow. "Whoa, well, what do we have here?"
Akiko gasped and immediately pulled back from a red faced Makoto. Red faced and frozen in shock, Makoto. "Well, I was just thanking him for a great time." Akiko said truthfully. "Aren't you having a fun time Meeko?" She turned the attention away from herself.
Meeko nodded and wrapped an arm through Shinji's arm. "A very nice time."
Shinji blushed and stepped forward. "We brought you guys something to eat, unless you enjoy eating each other's tonsils." He teased.
Meeko punched him in the arm. "Mou! Shinji! Be nice!"
Shinji chuckled and handed over the corn dogs.
The four eat and talked about the day. Akiko didn't say anything, but there was something in the back of her mind that said something bad was going to happen…

Abbadon smiled as he saw his creation head for the fair. A Clow Card on the loose was one thing. This card was an attack card, naturally violent, and he had tainted it with evil, so it was unstoppable! He had seen Madoushi try the same thing with Windy, but that card was too gentle to do anything too bad.
Fiery would do just fine…
Goodbye brats…

The hair on Akiko's back stood up and she shot up, running to the surrounding woods. "Akiko!" Makoto jumped up and ran after her. Shinji and Meeko frowned to each other and ran after their friends.
When Meeko and Shinji caught up to their friends, Meeko gasped. "This is where it happened!"
Akiko looked around, trying to find what she sensed to strong. The others sensed it now too and got out their weapons and got into fighting stances. Akiko growled in frustration. "Where is it!?"
Meeko thought about the people and pulled out a card. "Sleep! Put everyone to sleep!" Sleep spread it's blue sparkles over the people of the fair and they fell to the ground, destined for dreamland.
Akiko stayed near Makoto, who went back to back with her. "What are you waiting for?"
Suddenly, fire surrounded the four and out of the flame, came Fiery's full form! Akiko gasped. "That!"
Fiery smiled evilly at the four and raised her hands and pointed it at Akiko and Makoto. "Die!" Her red eyes flashed and from her finger came a large blast of fire.
"Look out!" Makoto shouted and grabbed Akiko to dive for the side.
"S-She talks!?" Shinji asked in shock.
Meeko gasped. "Remember Windy? How she was acting all weird? I get the same feeling from Fiery!"
Shinji nodded and gasped as another blast came at them. "Shield!" A blue hued shield surrounded them and the flames were deflected around them.
Meeko cursed under her breath. She couldn't use Watery or Wave to stop Fiery. They would only make her stronger. She took out another card instead. "Fly!" White wings grew from her back and she rose into the air and out of the protective shield.
Shinji tried to stop her and reached out to her hand. "No! Meeko!" He called forth his wings and tried to go after her, but Fiery blasted him again, and hot wind kept him down on the ground.
Meeko called out another card. "Arrow!" The bow formed in her hand and she held onto an arrow. "Take this!" She released the arrow, which naturally spilt into 20 and attacked Fiery.
Fiery tried to stop them, by blasting them with fireballs, but they flew straight and true, until they hit Fiery's arms and torso. She growled in pain. "You will pay for that!" She aimed a fireball at Meeko, who had to dive to avoid the attack. The miscalculated dive and the fire, made Meeko crash into the ground, right in front of Fiery.
Fiery smirked and formed a larger fireball in her hand. "Now, you will die."
"No!" Shinji cried and dove down to pick her up.
Akiko gasped. This was the beginning. The beginning of her dream. And what was about to happen next…
Makoto watched Meeko get scooped up and Fiery growled in rage. He sighed in relief and didn't see Fiery change her aim to him and release the attack. "Oniichan!"
Makoto gasped and finally saw the attack coming.
"No! Makoto!" Akiko dove forward and pushed Makoto out of the way.
Makoto looked back in shock as the fireball hit her, instead of him…
"AKIKO!!!!!" He ran forward, but he was too late…she was gone.
He tried to hold back his tears, but instead turned back to the smug faced Fiery. He glared at her with those amber eyes and Fiery seemed to shy back, now a little less sure. Makoto took out two ward cards that he had taken from his father and called forth their power. "Water! Wind! Descend!"
The two cards came forth and drew energy from Makoto to charge forward and wrap around Fiery. She gasped and tried to attack them.
Meeko and Shinji caught on and held open their cards. "Windy!" Shinji called out.
"Watery!" Meeko followed.
They struck the cards at the same time and the two element cards joined the ward cards power to bring down Fiery. Makoto held up his sword and Fiery struck the ground at his feet. "Fiery! Return to the form you were meant to be! Fiery!" Fiery was changed into a card and came to Makoto, who collapsed. "She's gone…she's gone…"
Meeko and Shinji began to cry too, and Meeko cried into Shinji's chest. "W-what are we going to do?"
Shinji looked down at Makoto, who was shaking with sobs. He replied truthfully. "I don't know…"
Makoto's head shot up. "AAAAAAAAKKKIIIKKKKOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"