Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Song In My Heart ❯ Old Friends and a New Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Song In My Heart
Chapter Two
~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS. Please don't copy or steal.

Author's notes: Well I got a review asking who the pairings were. In the last chap I said they'd be my usual pairings, but I suppose I should have said what those were for those who haven't read my stuff before. The pairings will be, Sakura+Yue, Meling+Syaoran, Tomoyo+Eriol and some Touya+Yuki and Rika+Terada. Now, on to the story.

~Chapter Two~

"KERO!!! SUPPI!!!" Agent Nakuru cried cheerfully as she bounced her way down the hall.

"What do you want? Your making a bloody racket you know. The boss won't be too happy." Spinal Sun fluttered into the hall. "Oh, and don't call me Suppi!"

"I can't help it Suppi! I just received the most wonderful news!"

"What are you so happy about?" Cerberus asked as he flew in as well.

"Sakura, Tomoyo and Meling are coming back today!"

"WHAT!?" The two small cat-like beasts gaped at the girl.

"Yup, Boss called them back for a 'special mission'. He said they wanted them to be here in person so they'll be here in a few hours." Nakuru explained.

"Alright!" Kero exclaimed. "I can't wait! Those three have been gone for waaaaay too long!" He flew away at a faster speed then the other two could ever dream of having.

"He's more hyper than you are..." Spinal Sun noticed.

"Hey!" Nakuru gave a shout.
***

Sakura, Tomoyo, Meling, Eriol, Syaoran and Yue all got out of the private jet they had taken to HQ. "Well that was a lot faster than the trip to find the girls." Syaoran noted.

"Well I'm sorry if we're not pop stars and can afford our own private jet." Yue rolled his eyes. "Our job doesn't exactly come with a salary."

"Right, better talk to the boss on that one." Syaoran nodded.

"I don't understand why you give the boss all these suggestions if you know he isn't going to use any of them." Eriol cleaned his glasses.

"I do it in hope that someday he'll listen and realize I hold valuable information." Syaoran replied sternly.

"Like that's ever going to happen." Sakura snorted and bumped him lightly on the head. She continued to walk into the building with a giggling Meling and Tomoyo following.

"Those three are really starting to annoy me..." Syaoran grumbled.

"Sakura Kinomoto!" A shrill voice cried.

"Nakuru!" Sakura smiled widely as an older girl burst out of the building and right at Sakura. The two of them ran at each other and hugged.

"Tomoyo! Meling! Get over here!" Nakuru giggled. The two other girls dropped their bags and joined in on a group hug. "I missed you three!"

"We missed you too. Are Kero and Suppi around?" Meling asked.

"Yup." Nakuru nodded as they separated. "They were coming when I came out."

"Hey kiddo!!!" A voice cried as the two small beasts flew outside to join them. Kero flopped on top of Sakura's head.

"Kero, I think I'm a little too old for you to be calling me kiddo." Sakura snickered.

"Naw, I'll always have a few hundred years on you so you'll always be a kid to me!" Kero laughed. "You bring me any food?" He asked.

Sakura rolled her eyes and sighed. "Of course." She replied and pulled a bag of peanuts out of her pocket.

"Hello, Tomoyo." Spinal Sun said as he landed on Tomoyo's shoulder. "How are you?"

"I'm great! What about you?" Tomoyo smiled. She had really missed Spinal Sun. He was the one she always confided in the most, next to Sakura. (Note: Suppi starts out really close to Tomoyo instead of Eriol in this fic.)

"I'm fine." He replied.

Then Syaoran, Yue and Eriol walked over to them. "Nakuru." Yue nodded sternly at Nakuru.

"Yue." Nakuru imitated him.

Yue passed by and walked inside. "Hello Nakuru." Eriol nodded. "Spinal Sun, Cerberus."

"Yo." Syaoran waved as they too went into the building.

"What was with Yue?" Sakura blinked. "He seemed rather rude."

"Oh, its nothing." Nakuru winked. "Yue's my cousin and we don't get along too well. He showed up after you left and basically tried to take over HQ. He tried to push past all of us like he was some all mighty god or something."

"Oh." Sakura shrugged.

"Well we better bring our stuff in and go see the boss." Meling suggested.

"Right." Tomoyo and Sakura agreed.
***

Sakura, Tomoyo, Meling, Syaoran, Yue and Eriol stood in front of the large oak desk. "I'm glad you all made it here safely a male voice said from behind the large office chair. The boss swiveled around to face the agents. "Agents Kinomoto, Li and Daidouji it good to see you again." He nodded at them.

"Its good to see you to sir." They all bowed.

Clow Reed was the head of OMTRA (Organization of Magical Things Run Amuck). (Great title huh?) He was stern, yet kind and nobody really hated him, yet...

"As you have been told I have a new mission for all six of you. An evil force has arisen. It is stronger than anything any of you have ever faced I warn you. All six of you need to work together. Through study of all six of your personalities, I have decided that at the end of June you will all be sent to a retreat to train together and learn to work together."

"WHAT!?" All six agents cried as loudly as possible.

"It is the necessary thing to do. I'm sorry." Clow closed his eyes. "Use this time to do any last minute things for you will have no connection to the rest of the world when you take this retreat."

"Clow!" Sakura slammed one of her hands down on Clow's desk. "I have been in this organization since I was 6! You cannot tell me I need more training! I'm the top agent here along with Tomoyo and Meling! You can't expect us to accept the fact that you're sending us to training with these rookies!"

"No of course not Sakura. I expect you to take this like a mature adult and learn form the experience. You are all now dismissed."

"Clow!" Sakura shouted.

No reply.

"Don't ignore me! I know you can hear me! Clow!"

"Come on Sakura." Tomoyo said as she and Meling started to pull her out of the room.

"CLOW! Clow I hate you! I hate you!" Tears began to dribble down her cheeks.

Yue, Syaoran and Eriol left after the girls exited the room. When they were gone Clow sighed. "I'm sorry Sakura, but this is something you must do, for the world and more importantly for yourself."
***

"Sakura come on, you need to cheer up." Tomoyo comforted her friend.

"Yeah." Meling agreed. "Its not that bad."

"Yes it is! I can't believe Clow did this to me!" Sakura shook her head.

After trying to cheer up Sakura for quite a while Tomoyo and Meling gave up and left her alone.

Sakura sat there on the floor in the hall when suddenly she heard someone walking her way. Sakura was just too mad and upset to look up so she just heard someone sit down beside her. "Hey." The voice was male. It was Yue.

"Oh, what do you want?" Sakura looked up and asked.

"Nothing really." Yue shrugged. "But what's your problem. I mean the rest of us don't exactly want to go on this thing but you don't see us crying."

"Hey! You don't understand!"

"No, no I don't but you don't understand us either. Not even your two friends."

"I understand my friends! Don't you ever accuse me..."

"You may understand them, but not like you understand yourself and you never will. No one ever will. It's just the way it works. But you need to suck it up and drive on. Deal with what faces you!"

"Don't you yell at me you little rookie! I've been here for years and you think you can just barge in here and take over the whole place..."

Yue stood up as Sakura scolded him and pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket, handing it to Sakura. "Here take it."

Sakura stopped her spiel and sniffed, taking the handkerchief. "Uh..."

"You don't have to say thank you." Yue frowned. "It was just to shut you up."

Sakura nodded reluctantly and wiped away her leftover tears. "Now follow me." Yue took Sakura's hand and led her outside.

"Where are you taking me!?" Sakura asked.

"Well you wanted to see your town didn't you?" Yue replied.

"Yeah..."

"Well I'll drive you I guess. I really have nothing to do anyways."

"Um...thanks I guess."

Silence ruled most of the car trip except for Sakura giving Yue directions to the house until Yue piped up. "So you were in the agency since you were six, and you're how old now?"

"18, almost 19." Sakura replied.

"So...almost 13 years. Impressive."

"Yeah...and look what it gets me." Sakura spat. "Hey, this is it!" She suddenly turned happy again. Yue pulled his car into the small driveway.

"This is your house?" Yue arched an eyebrow. "I figured you would have had a bigger house."

"I haven't been a pop star my whole life you know. Only since I was 16."

"Oh."

"Yeah, my brother and father never wanted to get a new mansion, and frankly neither did I." Sakura shrugged. She walked to the door and opened it. "TOUYA!!! DAD!!!" Sakura cried out. "Anyone home!?"

"Monster?" A male voice called from the kitchen. A young man about 20 walked into the hallway with a grin on his face.

"I told you not to call me that!" Sakura gritted her teeth.

"And that's why I keep saying it." He smirked. "Welcome home." He opened up his arms for a hug.

"Thanks." Sakura smiled and ran into his arms. "I missed you!"

"Me too." That's when Touya noticed the other person present in the room. "Who are you?" He gave Yue an evil glare.

"Oh Touya," Sakura backed out of her brother's embrace. "This is one of my new partners, Yue." She explained.

"Oh." Touya continued the glare, in which Yue returned with his own icy glare.

"Touya! Yue! Both of you stop it!" Sakura shouted.

"Is that Sakura I hear?" A male voice asked as the front door opened again.

"Dad!" Sakura smiled widely and ran to hug her father at the door.

"Hi hunny." Fujitaka laughed. "How was your tour?"

"It was rather boring actually." Sakura sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Now who's this?" He wondered.

"This is Yue, a new partner of mine." Sakura repeated.

"Well it's nice to meet you Yue." Fujitaka nodded.

"Its nice to meet you as well." Yue agreed.

"Oh, Dad?" Sakura said.

"Yes?"

"Clow has assigned us to a new mission. We're leaving at the end of the month until the beginning of September, which only leaves us a week until we go back on the road." Sakura explained.

"What?" Touya flipped out. "You're barely ever home during the school year and now on your one break you have to leave!?"

"I know Touya. I'm really sorry and I don't want to go, but I have to. Clow's orders."

'So this is why she truly didn't want to go away. It wasn't us, it was leaving her family behind.' Yue thought.

"Mr. Tsukishiro?" Fujitaka turned to the young man. "Thank-you for bringing my daughter home. Why don't you stay for dinner?"

'NO!' Sakura's mind screamed. 'Not him!'

Yue spotted Sakura's terrified face and decided he'd have a little fun for now. "Why of course Mr. Kinomoto, I'd be delighted." He agreed.

"Oh and Sakura, seeing as its your first day back and we haven't eaten any of your food in quite some time. It's your turn to cook!" Touya laughed and marched to his room. "Oh! And make enough for five! Yukito's coming over too! He wanted to see you and welcome you back!" He called.

'Yukito!?' Sakura sighed dreamily. 'Ah its been so long...' With that thought in mind Sakura rolled up her sleeves and got to work.

'Interesting...' Yue thought.
***

Later that evening the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" Sakura cried and tore through the house to get to the door. She opened it and there stood Yukito, Sakura's first crush. "Hi Yukito!" She smiled broadly.

"Hey Sakura. I missed you!" Yukito smiled and hugged the girl, no young woman before him.

"I missed you too Yukito!" Sakura returned the hug.

When they broke the hug Yukito examined Sakura. "You've grown so much since I last saw you!" He noted.

Sakura blushed. "I know, but you sure haven't changed a bit." She laughed.

"I guess not." Yukito joined in one the laughing.

At that moment Yue had walked in and saw his heart twinged a bit when he saw the scene before him. He brushed off the feeling and walked over to the two. "Hello." He nodded at Yukito and was shocked. The young man before him looked almost exactly like him. Sure there were differences like eye color and hair length and certainly personality, but they could have been clones.

Yue wasn't the only one who noticed it. Sakura and Yukito also had looks of shock and disbelief on their faces.

"Um..." Sakura muttered. "Well dinner will be done soon! Why don't you two wait in the dining room!?" Sakura laughed nervously and ducked out of the room.

"Yes, well hello." Yukito extended his hand. "My name's Yukito Tsukishiro. Its very nice to meet you."

"Yue." Yue told Yukito and shook his hand. "Just Yue." He didn't want to bring up his last name, not now.
***

After everyone was done with their dinner Touya and Yukito went to Touya's room to study. As they got up Touya placed a kiss on the top of Yukito's head a smiled. "Come on Yuki. You full yet?"

"Yeah." Yukito laughed and got up and they left.

Sakura let out a small sigh. 'I always knew that liked each other. Looks like the relationship has certainly grown since I left. No matter what I tell myself and no matter what I see I can't stop myself from liking Yukito.' Sakura lamented.

"Well I better go." Yue stated and stood up. "Thank you for the meal. I'd stay longer, but I don't want to impose, and HQ closes soon so I need to get back there."

"You live at HQ?" Sakura went wide-eyed.

"Yeah, I've got nowhere else to go so..."

"Why don't you stay here?" Fujitaka suggested.

"Daddy!" Sakura exclaimed and jumped up.

"Sakura, you shouldn't be rude to your friend."

"Friend!? Are you kidding!? I Ha..."

"Are you sure, I don't want to inconvenience you all."

"Oh its no inconvenience at all!"

"Then that would be fine! Thank you. I'll just go get my stuff." And with that Yue left leaving a whimpering Sakura and a smiling Fujitaka behind.

'Finally.' Yue thought. 'Its be a while since I've had a nice place to stay.'

Author's Notes: Yes well I know Yue is rather OOC in this chapter, but I think it does wonders for his image, I'll try to keep it one track but I like the way his personality is going. ^_^ Please Review!