Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Song In My Heart ❯ Why are we here? We have to work with them? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Song in my Heart

Chapter One

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS. It is property of Clamp. I do own this fanfiction though so please don't steal it!

Author's notes: Hello everyone! ^_^ I'm hoping that writing this story will kick me out of my writers block so wish me luck! I warn you though that this is an AU fanfic and some of the characters will be OOC in some parts, but I'm trying to keep them in character, really! It has all my usual CCS pairings by the way! *Winks*

~Chapter One~

"So we're at a pop concert why?" Yue asked, a tad peeved.

"Yeah Eriol, I mean this is embarrassing. This is a girl thing!" Syaoran whined.

"We're here on a mission you two. Don't forget that. You don't think I enjoy being here do you?" Eriol sighed with exasperation.

"Well…" Syaoran thought about it.

"Well nothing!" Eriol exploded. "I don't want to be here!"

"Okay, okay! I was just kidding!" Syaoran laughed.

"Would you two shut up? Everyone's starring at us!" Yue sneered at them.

"Hey you jerks! Shut up! The concerts starting!" A girl from the crowd cried.

The three of them blushed, Eriol and Syaoran much more than Yue.

Suddenly music boomed from the stage in front of them and the lights dimmed. Dry ice smoke began to fill the stage. "Arg…here it comes…" Syaoran grumbled.

Three figures appeared on the stage as the lights burst back on. As everyone's eyes focused they saw it was three girls. Everyone in the audience cheered loudly except Yue, Eriol and Syaoran.

The girls were the reason the crowd had shown up. They were Sakura Kinomoto, Tomoyo Daidouji and Meling Li. The three of them made up the pop group, Magic Legends.

"Hello everyone out there tonight!" Sakura called out and waved at the audience. More cheers… "Hope you like the concert!" She smiled and nodded to the band behind them.

***

When the concert finally ended Syaoran was practically ready to throw up. "Syaoran, grow up…" Eriol sighed. "It wasn't that bad…"

"Well, can we just go meet these girls and finish this mission as soon as possible." Yue crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Right." Eriol and Syaoran nodded and the three walked back stage.

As they were about to walk back stage a guard stopped them. "And where do you think you're going?" He growled.

"We were going to see the girls. It's over a very important matter." Eriol replied smoothly as he pulled a card out of his pocket and flashed it at the guard.

"I'm sorry sir, I…I didn't know." The guard replied.

"It's quite all right." Eriol nodded at him.

The guard promptly left the three of them alone. Eriol put the card back in his pocket and went to knock the door.

Before he even got the chance a voice chimed from inside. "Come in agents."

Eriol, Syaoran and Yue looked at each other and shrugged. Eriol moved his hand to the doorknob and opened the door.

Sakura was the one who had called them. She sat on top of a dresser, brushing her hair. Tomoyo sat in a chair cleaning her nails with a file, while Meling laid on the couch trying to catch a few z's.

"Ah! It's…it's…you!" Syaoran cried as he pointed to the girl on the couch.

"Well hello there!" Meling winked as she swung her feet off the couch and sat up. "Long time no see."

"You two know each other?" Yue arched an eyebrow.

"Um…Yeah." Syaoran blushed. "She's my cousin."

"Uh uh uh!" Meling waved her index finger in the air. "There's more than that now Syaoran. You didn't forget did you?"

"Oh Meling!" Tomoyo jumped to her feet. "This isn't the Syaoran is it?" She squealed.

"You bet it is." Meling nodded smugly.

"You're right…he is cute!" Sakura grinned.

"Don't get any idea's now Kinomoto." Meling glared at Sakura.

"Don't worry Meling. I don't think Sakura has any interest in him." Tomoyo stood up for her friend.

"She's right Meling. I wouldn't take him away from you!" Sakura giggled.

"Syaoran, what's going on?" Yue wondered.

"Oh, so he hasn't told you two huh?" Meling said with a sly grin on her face. "You see, I'm Syaoran's fiancée!" She explained.

"You're engaged?" Eriol raised his eyebrows.

"Its an arranged marriage made by our parents. I didn't have a choice in the matter!" Syaoran explained.

"Heh, still the same old Syaoran I see." Meling flicked some of her hair behind her shoulders. "One day you'll see what a fool you're being."

"So are the other two idiots too?" Tomoyo smirked and sat down again.

"Hey! I am not an idiot!" Syaoran shouted "And neither are my friends!"

"You know what." Sakura placed her brush on the dresser. "I really don't want to listen to these rookies. Why don't we get out of here?" She suggested.

"Fine with me." Tomoyo nodded. "We can go grab a burger downtown."

"Okay." Meling agreed. "I'm famished."

"Hold it." Yue stopped them from leaving. "Did you just call us rookies?" He asked, pulling Sakura aside.

"Why, I think I did." Sakura gave him a sly grin. She held out her hand and a light began to glow in it. Suddenly an small hourglass appeared where the light had been. "I summon the power of time itself! Put all things on hold, if only for a moment. Arise old spirit of time and place your magic spell upon the earth!" She chanted.

"What!?" Yue, Eriol and Syaoran gasped.

"Clow Magic?" Eriol guessed. Suddenly everything around the three girls turned gray and still including the three young men.

"Sakura, you're the best you know that?" Tomoyo smiled giddily. The two exchanged a high-five.

"Yeah, I know, I know. You say that all the time." She smiled as the hourglass vanished. Sakura walked to the coat rack and grabbed a rose colored cloak. It was almost something you saw Little Red Riding Hood wear in pictures. She flipped it on to her back and attached it with a clip in the shape of a silver star and tossed the hood over her head.

She then took two more cloaks of the rack and tossed them to Tomoyo and Meling. They were exactly the same except Meling's was a deep red color and was attached in the front by a clip in the shape of a flame. Tomoyo's cloak was a pale purple and attached at the front with a flower pin. "Let's go." Meling smirked as she grabbed a set of keys and they all left the dressing room.

***

"Miss, could my friends and I speak you three ladies outside?" A gruff voice asked Sakura as he tapped her roughly on the shoulder.

Sakura swiveled around in her chair at the diner counter. "Why of course Sir." She nodded. "Come on girls." She glanced at Tomoyo and Meling with a wise smirk and the two other girls nodded with the same smirk. The three of them got out of their seats and followed six men out the door.

"This should be easy as pie." Meling winked at Sakura and Tomoyo.

***

All three young men unfroze at the same time as the time freeze wore off. "That was Clow magic." Yue stated.

"No really? I thought it was fluffy bunny magic!" Syaoran said sarcastically.

"Do you like your nose where it is right now?" Yue glared at him.

"Yes, thank you very much." Syaoran crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Could both of you stop just long enough to realize the girls are gone!?" Eriol steamed at them both.

"Oh." Syaoran looked around the room and blinked. He swiftly closed his eyes and searched for the girls' power. "There at a nearby diner." He informed the others as he opened his eyes.

"Well let's get going." Yue replied and hurried out the door with Eriol and Syaoran trailing behind him.

***

"So, whose lackeys are you guys?" Meling asked when they stepped outside.

"Lackeys?" One of them shouted. "We aren't anybody's lackeys!"

"Oh I'm terribly sorry." Meling said sarcastically. "Do you prefer followers?"

"Suck-ups?" Tomoyo added.

"Pawns?" Sakura piped up.

"NONE!!!" He cried. Suddenly all six of them shed their human skin and became six horrible, dog-looking beasts.

"Let's finish this fast." Sakura cried.

"Of course." Tomoyo nodded.

"Wouldn't want it any other way." Meling agreed.

The leader of the `pack' leaped foreword at Meling. She threw her hands in front of her and concentrated on the beast coming closer. "Burning blaze!" She shouted. A huge burst of fires shot out of her hands and at the beast. He was thrown back against a wall.

The rest of the beast saw this and were enraged. They all lunged foreword at the three girls. "Darkness Barrage!" A male voice cried out of nowhere. All the beasts were flung back a bit. Eriol jumped in on the scene. He was now clad in dark blue and black robes with the occasional sun everywhere. In his hand he held a long golden staff with a large sun at the top.

"We didn't need your help you know." Sakura whined. Suddenly one of the beasts jumped on Sakura, pinning her to the ground. "AH!" She cried.

Suddenly a swarm of ice blue crystals hit the beast and sent him backwards. "Oh really?" Yue asked as he walked over to her and helped her up. "Well, he distracted me!" Yue was changed as well. He wore silver, white and light blue robes and his feet were bare. He also had two, large, white wings extending from his upper back.

"Sure, sure." Syaoran sighed as he walked into the group. He wore green, traditional Chinese fighting robes and held a sharp, silver sword in his hand.

"Look out!" Sakura cried. Another beast was lunging at Syaoran. A light glowed in her hands again. "Sharpened arrow, tightened bow, Come before me arrow of Clow!" Sakura whispered. A glowing bow and arrow appeared in her hands. She quickly set up and shot the arrow at the beast, hitting it right in the heart, killing it.

"Nice job Sakura!" Tomoyo cheered.

"Tomoyo! Look out!" Eriol cried. Yet another beast jumped at Tomoyo. Tomoyo spun around and pointed at the monster as it came nearer. A soft, sweet tune emerged from her lips. It had no words, it was merely a hum but it could be heard by all of them.

"She's singing?" Syaoran twitched.

Eriol was about to use an attack to save Tomoyo, but Sakura made him stop. "Don't help, she knows what she's doing." She assured him.

Tomoyo's face suddenly looked fierce and energy collected at the tip of her finger. "Harmonious Melody!" She shouted. What looked like a floating music bar appeared in the air, coming out of her finger. The bar wrapped around the beast, squeezing it tightly. The musical notes on the bar began to go up in flames, burning the beast. For a final touch another bar wrapped around the beast's neck and choked it to death.

"That…" Syaoran started.

"That…was rather morbid." Eriol gapped at the girl who had seemed to be the soft and kind one of the group.

The bars disappeared and the beast collapsed to the ground. Tomoyo clapped her hands together. "Two down, four to go." She stated.

"Right." Syaoran gulped. These girls were starting to scare him. He ran at another beast and flung his sword forward. "Lightning!" He cried and lightning bolts surrounded his sword just as he swung at the beast. He hit the beast right at the heart and lightning exploded on the beast, killing it.

The remaining three now feared for their lives and disappeared in a puff of smoke. "Well that wasn't that bad." Sakura bit her lip.

"We have had worse." Tomoyo agreed.

"Yeah, remember that Yuriko guy." Meling reminisced. "He was a hard one to beat."

"Yes, well I hate to ruin the memory, but we came her with a message from headquarters." Yue informed them.

"Yeah, we know you guys are our new `partners'." Sakura rolled her eyes.

"Not just that. They want to see all of us together there, tomorrow." Yue added.

"What!?" All three girls cried.

"But we haven't been there in ages!" Meling protested.

"I think it will be nice to have a visit. And we just finished up our tour so we get the summer off." Tomoyo smiled sweetly.

"The boss said he has a mission for the six of us." Eriol explained.

"It must be important if he wants to explain in person." Sakura pointed. "Yeah, and after we get the mission we can go to Tomeda!" Sakura suddenly went all cheerful and not serious, as she had been previously.

"Tomeda?" Syaoran questioned them.

"It's the home town Sakura and I grew up in." Tomoyo explained.

"Yeah! I'll get to see Onii-san and Otou-san!" Sakura cheered and jumped around the place.

"I think I liked it better when she was mad." Syaoran muttered. Yue and Eriol silently agreed.

Author's notes: Confused? Well for most parts you should be because I haven't explained everything, but in the next chapter I will. I hope you like it and please review!