Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Song of the Moon ❯ Just What I Need ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. Because if I did Yue would be at the alter with me right now.

A/N: YAY! My birthday's coming in a couple days! I'm so happy! I'll be eighteen! I'll be all nice and legal!

Tomoyo: And then you can go after that cute college boy on your block...

Lady D: 0_0, -.- Shut your hole, Tomoyo...

Yukito: I was wondering when I was going to appear. I usually never appear in your stories.

Lady D: Yeah, you do. Stop your whining. Now on with the show.

~*~*~*~

"Yukito-san?!" Tomoyo gasped.

"How's it... possible?" Yue asked wide eyed.

Yukito blinked and gasped. "Tomoyo-san? What are you doing here? How'd we even..." he stopped when he saw the person behind Tomoyo. "Heh... I guess we finally get to meet in actual person, Yue"

"I suppose so..." Yue said softly, still in slight awe. "How are you here?"

Tomoyo blinked at Yue's question. "Yue-san... we don't even know why we're here"

Yukito shrugged. "I remember going to sleep in my room and then... the next thing I know I wake up here. A tree told me where to find you... Why are they're talking trees here?"

Tomoyo just sighed and sat down on a rock. "I'm not exactly sure how long we've been here. I woke up here and then I found Yue-san" she explained.

Yukito studied his true form and noticed the gash on his head. "What happened to you, Yue?" he asked concerned.

"I was attacked by a strange creature... it tried to kill Daidouji-san. I couldn't fight back... I don't have any magic here..."

Yukito gasped. 'You lost your magic? How?"

Tomoyo sighed. "We're in some alternate universe... I'm guessing since the same laws don't apply here, Yue doesn't have his magic. Or it might be because he has to draw his power from the moon, and there might not even be one in this world"

Yukito blinked and Yue stared wide-eyed. How could she know so much? He knew that she knew a lot about him but had no idea she was so wise. Intelligent and beautiful... Yue tensed at that last thought. What am I thinking?

Yukito sighed and sat down on a nearby rock. "So... what are we going to do?" Yukito asked.

Tomoyo sighed and shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I think we should eat something"

"Yeah, I'm starving..." Yukito said placing a hand on his stomach. "I haven't since I was back home"

"Hehehe… the plot thickens" the insect said from atop a rock.

Yue sighed in aggravation. "Why are you still here?"

"Little winged boy wants to alone with his lovely, ebony-haired maiden"

Tomoyo sweatdropped, Yue scowled while Yukito just looked confused. "What's he talking about?" Yukito asked. "And why is the bug talking in the first place"

"It's getting it to be quiet that's the hard part" Yue said with a glare at the insect.

"The bug thinks Yue and I are… involved" Tomoyo said.

Oh…" Yukito said with a nod. And then he glanced at Tomoyo and then at Yue. "Are you?"

Tomoyo and Yue both gasped and looked at him with stunned looks on their faces. "You can't be serious…" Tomoyo said wide-eyed.

"Yukito…" Yue warned.

Yukito chuckled and sat down on the ground. "I was just playing with you" he said with a laugh.

"Although, the winged-one being half-naked does bring up a couple of questions…" the insect said from his rock.

Tomoyo glanced at Yue and instantly remembered he had taken off the top part of his robe so she could tend to his back. "Yue, I wasn't finished with your back…"

"I heel fast" he said reaching for his shirt.

"But only because you had your magic" Tomoyo reminded him. "How well do you think you'll heal without it?"

Yue sighed in defeat and got back down on his knees, baring his back to her once more. Tomoyo slid down to her knees and picked up the fruit, running it over the bruises of his back. She then squeezed some of the juice inside of the gashes on his back.

Yue gasped and bit his lip in pain at the burning sting of the acidic liquid of the fruit. It hurt so badly. He took a deep breath and tensed himself for another onslaught of stings.

Tomoyo stared at his back. Although it was covered in fine bruises and gashes, it was still very beautiful. She had always thought Yue would be a bit skinny underneath his robes when she was a child. Oh, how wrong she was. He was lean and well built, muscled, not too much and not too little. And with such smooth pale skin. When the tips of her fingers brushed across it, it was beautifully soft and silky. Like that of a newborn baby. She was tempted to feel that skin underneath her whole hand. She started to reach her hand out to run her fingers across the silky skin but her reason came back to her.

Tomoyo. What do you think you are doing?

Tomoyo stopped and pulled her hand back. What was she thinking? She felt a wave of embarrassment and shame.

"Daidouji-san?"

Tomoyo looked up to see Yue's icy eyes staring at her quizzically. Good God! How long had she been staring? She cleared her throat and put on her best smile. "All done… It just needs to be bandaged" she said standing up. She then turned to Yukito. "Would you mind bandaging his back? I was going to try and find some food"

Yukito nodded. "Okay, but what can I use as a bandage?"

Tomoyo looked around and sighed. "I honestly don't know…" she looked down at what she was wearing. She was wearing her lilac shirt and a long white skirt. The same thing she was wearing when she was first sucked here. Part of the sleeve was missing from the left arm from when she had ripped a piece off and soaked it in water for Yue's bruise. She sighed and got down on one knee. She had already ripped her clothes once for him. She gripped the hem of her skirt and ripped it until it was now knee length instead of ankle-length. She handed the ripped fabric to Yukito. "I'll be back" she said and then headed out of the cave.

Yukito watched her leave with a knowing smile. He had seen the look in her eyes as she stared at his other half's bare back. And then he saw the flustered look on her face when Yue had shook her out of her thoughts. He chuckled lightly and proceeded to wrap the make-shift bandage around his counterpart.

"So… I must've missed a lot…" he said as he wrapped the cloth around Yue.

"What are you talking about?" Yue asked, moving his long hair out of the way.

"Oh, nothing" Yukito said with a smile. "I mean, a lot must've happened in a place like this the whole time I was out… like you getting attacked. Exactly how did that happen?"

"Daidouji-san had left and she was attacked. I went to help her but I had no magic, as you already know"

"I see…" Yukito said as tied a knot to hold it in place. "All done"

"Thank you" Yue said as he strained to stand up.

"Moon child… tell little bunny about what caused the little pretty to run out in the first place, before you were attacked…" the insect chuckled from its rock.

Yue glared at the insect and headed towards the cave's exit. Yukito on the other hand, was clearly interested in what the insect had to say. "What's he talking about?"

"Nothing" Yue said a little quickly.

"Nothing?" the bug teased. "Suppose crying into a girl's chest and then kissing her is nothing in your world, hmm?"

Yue felt a heat rush to his cheeks from embarrassment when he caught a glimpse of Yuktio's astonished face. "Don't say a word…" he warned before leaving the cave.

"You kissed her!?" Yukito gasped.

"Drop it…" Yue warned again as he went to search for Tomoyo.

"Just tell me what happened…" Yukito said stepping in front of his other half.

Yue glared into Yukito's eyes before sighing. "Very well…"

Yue explained the situation briefly. He told him that Tomoyo was upset, but didn't mention what out of respect for her privacy. He then mentioned that he was upset about Clow, which was something that Yukito already knew. Tomoyo had comforted him and the moment went out of their control and he kissed her. He purposely left out the strange dream he had about the girl. His other half didn't need to know that…

Yukito had a thoughtful look on his face. "Hm… the idea of you two together doesn't seem so absurd…"

Yue's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. "What?"

"Well, just think about it. The two of you are rather…" he stopped when he saw the murderous glare his other half was sending him. Yue rarely showed anger, but when he did it was rather… scary. "Okay, okay…" Yukito said holding his hands up in defeat.

b------d

Tomoyo was picking some more fruit, but this time for food. She found some green and orange fruits that a tree assured her were safe to eat. She figured she would have to pick a lot of them because she knew Yukito's appetite.

She smiled when she thought of Yukito. She was glad that he was here. She could have someone else to talk to now besides plants, bugs and Yue.

Yue. She thought back to when she was cleaning his wounds and wanted to touch him. What was she thinking?! But… it had looked so tempting… soft pale skin so pale that it was almost shimmering with moonlight and power…

"Ah! Tomoyo, stop it!" she told herself.

::scritch, scritch, scritch::

Tomoyo stopped when she heard a strange scratching noise. She turned around and looked about but saw nothing. She uneasily continued what she was doing, glancing over her shoulder every now and then.

:scritch, scritch, scritch::

Tomoyo stopped and stood up straight. What was that noise? "Yukito-san?" she called out nervously. "Yue-san?"

She got no answer and decided it was best she leave. She began to inch away from the bushes and trees and the broke into a mad-dash but she was too slow. Something sprang from the bushes and knocked her to the ground. She felt hands at her legs, arms, hair and waist and let out a fearful scream.

b--------------------d

Yukito and Yue both gasped when they heard a shrill scream pierce the air.

"Oh, my God…" Yukito gasped.

"Tomoyo…" Yue whispered before speeding of into the direction of the scream, Yukito at his heels.

b----------------d

Rain poured down on the city of Tomoeda that morning. The sky was dark grey as water pounded against the earth. A car speeded down the street, splashing a huge puddle of water onto a young girl who was running down the street.

Meilin Li barely noticed the water that soaked her to the skin. She didn't notice the flashes of lightening or the claps of thunder. All she noticed was the deep fear and worry in her heart.

Tomoyo, you'd better be all right. You'd better not be hurt. If I find out what caused this, or who, they'll be sorry…

She couldn't believe it when she was first told what happened. It was still like a dream.

q-----------p

It was late at night in the city of Hong Kong. Meilin Li sat in her room at the Li Mansion. She ran a comb through her long her, thinking of Syaoran. She sighed sadly. She knew she could never have him. She accepted that a long time ago, but it still hurt.

"Meilin! You have a phone call" one of her servants called. "It's Akizuki Nakuru"

Meilin blinked. Why on Earth would Akizuki be calling her? "I'll take it up here" she called back and she picked up the phone on her night table. "Akizuki-san?"

"Meilin, something weird happened…"

Meilin blinked. The Moon Guardian didn't sound like her normal hyper self. "What is it?"

"It's Yue and Tomoyo… they've disappeared…"

"What?!" Meilin gasped. "When you say disappeared, do you mean not in Japan…?"

"No, they're not on Earth at all. Master did a wide span aura search. He couldn't feel either of them anywhere…"

Meilin was silent for a while before finally speaking. "I'll be there in the morning…" she said and then hung up.

p-------q

Meilin turned the corner and ran to the Kinomoto house. She had taken the private jet the minute she hung up. She had landed a few hours ago, took the train and then ran the rest of the way, her back pack on her back. She finally made it to the Kinomoto house and rang the doorbell. She waited for five minutes but no one answered. She swore under her breath and ran around to the side to the window of Sakura's room. She could see that it was open.

"HEY!!" she yelled.

Nakuru awoke from her spot on the floor when she heard a female voice calling from outside. "What in the…" she said sleepily as she made her way to the window. "Meilin?" she asked looking down. "Hold on, I'll go open the door…"

"No need" came the reply.

Meilin leaped up, climbing up the tree that was outside Sakura's window and then leaped again, this time grabbing the window sill and pulling herself inside.

"Meilin! You're soaking wet!" Sakura exclaimed as she came from the bathroom. She quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around the girl.

"I ran here from the station" Meilin told them as she wrapped the towel around her head, but Kero shoved her into the bathroom.

"Dry off, you're dripping, you rat!"

Meilin glared at him before going into the bathroom before mumbling something incoherent. Sakura went into her closet and pulled out some clothes for Meilin to borrow. She handed the clothes to Meilin through the door. Meilin emerged wearing a white tee shirt and a pair of pink jeans. Meilin felt a bit odd in pink but didn't say anything. She didn't care at the moment. All she cared about was where her friend was.

"What happened?" she asked sitting on the floor next to Nakuru. It had been apparent that they all spent the night here.

"We don't know, Meilin" Sakura said sadly. "We went to find them… we had a plan and… we couldn't sense them anywhere…" Sakura then buried her face into her hands and began to cry.

Syaoran wrapped his arms around Sakura and began to comfort her. Meilin felt a brief twinge of jealousy as she watched Syaoran with Sakura. She mentally berated herself. One of her dearest friends was missing along with her friend's Guardian and she was sitting here having petty jealous snits.

Nakuru glanced at Meilin and reached over to tap her on the shoulder. Meilin looked over at Nakuru who wore a look on her face that said loud and clear: "I know exactly how you feel" right before she glanced at Touya who was being comforted by Eriol with a small pained expression.

Meilin felt a twinge of sympathy for the brunette. It was more than obvious that she adored Kinomoto Touya but Touya loved Yukito, who was gone with Yue and Tomoyo.

Tomoyo… Meilin squeezed her fist. She hoped and prayed to any listening deity that she was okay. She knew that if she was, Yue would watch over her. She thought of Yue for a moment. She had never had much interaction with the silver-haired guardian. It was weird, she had never taken the time to get to know him and now she may never have the chance to.

No, don't start thinking like that! They'll come back, and you'll have the opportunity to get to know him better… if he'll let you…

Meilin couldn't fight off the tears that had welled into her crimson eyes. She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in them, sobbing lightly. She expected to be left alone since everyone was comforting Sakura and Tomoyo. Needless to say that she was more than a little shocked when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, gentle hands stroking her damp hair. She opened her eyes and saw Nakuru holding her with a sad look in her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I know, Meilin… I know"

p------------q

"Tomoyo-san!"

Yukito and Yue ran to where they heard Tomoyo scream. They could hear more screams and sounds of a struggle.

"Let me go! Please! Ah- mmmf!!"

It sounded as if she were being gagged and then the struggling stopped.

"Tomoyo-san!"

Yukito and Yue both stopped when they saw orange fruit scattered on the ground. Yukito frantically looked around for any sign of Tomoyo. "She's not here…"

Yue blinked when something shiny caught his eye. He bent down and picked up a small jewel. It was an amethyst… part of Tomoyo's earring. He examined the ground and noticed footprints. Prints of human feet, obviously female because of their size and strange prints of some three-clawed animal… He noticed how the human prints ended and the clawed prints all headed in one direction before ending at a deep hole in the ground.

"Something took her…"

p------q

"So, how did it go?"

"Excellent… the Card Mistress' love is exactly where you want him, as is her dearest friend…"

A dark figure smirked and sat down in a large black chair. "Perfect, her pet rabbit and her little lap dog are exactly what we need…"

TBC

Ooh, the plot thickens… So, what'd you think? Meilin makes an appearance… Meilin/Nakuru… it's been on my mind for a while… Yue and Tomoyo are in love with someone but while they're both passive, Nakuru and Meilin are aggressive… well, please review… they make me happy…. Flames will be used to restart my broken pilot light…