Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Song of the Moon ❯ Not Real ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Song of the Moon

"I… can't believe this. I can't believe we didn't sense this. What… what could have done such a thing?"

Sakura was in her bedroom crying her eyes into Syaoran's fighting robes as she pondered what could have happened to her dearest friend and her faithful guardian. She looked over at Eriol who appeared to be just as troubled. He paced back and forth across the carpet while Spinel tried to calm him.

"Master, please calm down. I'm sure they're all right" he said even though he wasn't too sure of that himself.

"I'm here!" a voice said from outside.

Everyone looked up to see Ruby Moon floating outside. Spinal opened the door to let her in. She flew inside, changed back into Nakuru and sat down on the bed. "Kero-chan called me"

"Nakuru-san, you don't think that they're…?" Sakura couldn't finish the horrible sentence.

Nakuru shook her head. "No. If Yue died they're would have been a shift in power towards me"

Sakura sighed in relief. She knew Yue was safe but…

"I'm so worried about Tomoyo…" Sakura cried.

Kero-chan flew over to Sakura and gently patted her hand. "Don't worry, Sakura. I'm sure Tomoyo will be all right. She does have Yue with her"

"He's right" Spinel said. "Yue won't let anything happen to her."

"I just hope they're okay… I wonder if they're all right"

It was a cold morning in the strange alternate dimension where Yue and Tomoyo had been mysteriously taken to. Inside the cave, Tomoyo had begun to stir. She was awake but didn't open her eyes. She still couldn't believe what had happened that night. She shifted to move closer to Yue but was surprised when she didn't feel him next to her.

"Yue…?"

She sat up and opened her eyes, finding herself inside the strange cave but was even strange was the fact that she was fully dressed. She blinked and glanced around for Yue and found he was full clothed too.

"But… so it was… a dream?" she asked herself in confusion before turning bright red. "Why did I dream that?!" Tomoyo was too busy with her own embarrassment to notice that Yue was beginning to awake.

Yue slowly awakened but didn't open his eyes. He instantly remembered what had happened between he and his Mistress;' friend. He felt a rush of embarrassment as well as nervousness. He would have to talk to her. He turned on his side and moved to touch her arm but instead of touching her all he felt was cold gravel. He sat up and opened his eyes and found Tomoyo sitting against the cave wall, fully clothed and red-faced. She appeared to be embarrassed. He was about to say something to her when he realized he was fully clothed as well.

It was a dream then…?

Yue's face turned the lightest shade of light pink from embarrassment. Why did I dream that?

Tomoyo looked up to see that Yue was awake. Oh… this is really awkward. Tomoyo forced on a smile. "Good morning Yue-san" she said politely.

"Good morning, Daidouji-san" he said just as politely. He had put on his most indifferent face. He couldn't help but notice that in the dream, she said his name in a … less controlled voice. He nearly kicked himself at the thought.

"I'm… going to go outside and find something to eat. I'm terribly hungry. You stay there. You're still hurt" she said as she hurried out of the cave quicker than she needed to.

Yue started to get up but the pain that shot through him suggested otherwise. He winced and then sat back down. He couldn't stop thinking about the dream. What in the world made him dream that? He never recalled having any feelings for the girl before. Well, since that got here they have been… a little intimate. He did kiss her on more than one occasion. But that still wasn't grounds for him to have an erotic dream about her where he told her he loved her.

That was the main thing that got to him. He never had any sort of contact with her before. Why would he dream that he loved her and was making love to her? He buried his head in his hands and sighed. This was so confusing.

Outside Tomoyo was examining the different trees that all stared back at her. She had found one with some ripe purple fruit but when she picked it, a branch slapped her hand away.

"Ow! I'm sorry!"

"Don't eat that! You're weak human stomach couldn't take it" the tree warned.

Tomoyo blinked and face-faulted. "Um… okay… thank you"

"You seem flustered. Are you all right?" the tree asked in a sweet feminine voice, like the voice of an older woman in her thirties.

Tomoyo sighed. "Well, I just had a very awkward dream. And… I don't know what it means"

"Well, what was the dream?"

Tomoyo opened her mouth to explain but then stopped. Was she really about to have a conversation with a tree with eyes on each of its branches? Well, it did seem like a nice tree. She sighed and began to explain.

Yue looked around the cave and sighed. Any other time he would have no problem with sitting perfectly still. But being in this strange environment made him a bit uneasy. Also, he was concerned about Tomoyo. This place was unpredictable and she could easily get hurt. He knew that his Mistress would want him to protect the girl at all costs. He was just about to get up to find her when a sound caught his attention.

::scritter:: ::scritter::

Yue gasped and slowly got to his feet, straining from his injury. This was bad. He was in no condition to fight right now and with his magic gone…

"Who's there? Show yourself!" he called out.

"Heehee. Relax, creature of magic. I'm not going to hurt you." A strange raspy voice said.

Yue turned to where the voice was coming from and sighed with relief. It was a small insect, purple and green with nine legs on each side. The bug laughed again. "You seem anxious, moon child. Is something the matter?"

Yue stayed on his guard but relaxed a little. "I'm fine. Thank you for your concerns" he said.

"You're worried about the pretty girl, aren't you?" the bug asked. "She's very beautiful. You should be proud…"

Yue blinked in surprise before shaking his head. "You have it wrong. We are in no way involved"

"Oh, I'm sorry" the bug apologized. "I just assumed that with the cuddling and…"

Yue felt embarrassment rise in his chest. "She was cold and humans are more prone to weather than I am"

"And the kiss?" the insect asked.

Yue felt his cheeks heat up at the question. He glared at the insect and turned around. "I have no time for this…" he said as he headed for the cave exit, but he only took a couple of steps before toppling back down when a burning pain shot up his back. It must've been from when he landed so roughly when that creature attacked him.

"Silly little moon child. The girl has a better chance of surviving out there than you do in your condition" the insect said before laughing. "It's been so long since I've aggravated someone… This is going to be fun…"

"I had a dream about this person I'm here with. You've seen him right. Tall, white hair, violet eyes"

"Yes, I've seen him. So what's the problem?" the tree asked.

"It was really good dream" Tomoyo said blushing.

"Oh… I see." The tree said. "Do you have feelings for him?"

"That's just the thing. We never even really talked in our world. We kissed a couple of times here and he has held me once or twice but…"

"Do you love him?" the tree asked.

"What? No! No way!" Tomoyo yelled as she shook her head and the tree chuckled. "I already love someone else." When she said that, her mind automatically shifted to Sakura. I hope she and the others aren't too worried…

Sakura looked up from Syaoran's robes when she heard the sound of footsteps running up the stairs. "Sakura! Open the door!" Touya's voice called from upstairs.

Kero-chan sighed and opened the door for him with a little help from Spinal to get the knob turned. Touya already knew of Sakura's magical abilities and her strange stuffed animal as well as Yukito's other form.

"Onii-chan, what is it?" she asked wiping her eyes.

"Sakura… it's Yuki. I called him and he wouldn't answer the phone. I went to his apartment and he wasn't there. He never leaves at night"

Sakura bolted up. She had forgotten all about Yukito. He was apart of Yue. Now she was even more afraid. "Oh… my… God…" she broke into more sobs.

Eriol moved from the window and went over to Touya. "Touya-kun, you'd better sit down for this" he said softly.

Touya's eyes widen in horror. "No… please don't tell me…" he looked around at everyone. Sakura was crying, those two stuffed animal things weren't at each other's throats but were looking sad, Akizuki wasn't glomping him and Syaoran wasn't glaring at him. "Yuki… he isn't…?"

Eriol shook his head. "No, he isn't dead"

"As far as we know…" Syaoran said.

Sakura gasped and Touya's eyes widened. Spinal rubbed his forehead and Kero sighed. Nakuru turned to Syaoran and glared. "You're like Satan's little get well card" she said before turning back to Touya. "He's missing. He and Tomoyo disappeared. We can't feel him or Tomoyo's essence. It's like they've vanished."

"Yeah, if they were dead, which they're not…" Kero said with a pointed look at Syaoran. "We would've have felt a shift in power, well, from Nakuru. Her power would have grown"

Touya stared at Syaoran and Kero in shock. "You mean to tell me that my Yuki and Tomoyo… just disappeared?"

"As far as we know…" Spinal said.

Touya stood there in stunned silence for a moment before sitting down on Sakura's bed. He swallowed the lump of worry and fear that had risen in his throat and turned to Sakura. "So… where do you think they are?"

Sakura shrugged. "I don't know" she said sadly. "I just hope they're okay…"

Tomoyo had finished her conversation with the nice tree and had went off to find some food. The tree had told her that the bushes with blue eyes had fruit that humans can handle. She reached to pick the fruit and branch moved toward her for easier access. She smiled and thanked the plant, feeling more than a little silly and picked the fruit. She had a about four fruits when they bush spoke to her.

"Pick the red ones. They help wounds. You're friend can use them. They're on my other side"

Tomoyo reached around and picked the red fruits. "Thank you" she said politely before heading back to the cave.

Tomoyo had entered the cave to find Yue lying on the ground but not where she left him. He appeared to be all right but he had an exasperated look on his face. "Yue-san! Did you try to move?!"

Yue looked up to see Tomoyo standing over him with a worried but annoyed look on her face. "I was going to see about you" he said sitting up, wincing as he strained his wound. Tomoyo dropped to her knees to help him. She then took one of the red fruits and pulled it open. "Yue, hold still" she instructed.

Yue looked at the fruit she had in her hand and looked at her questioningly. "What's that for?"

"Your wound. This fruit helps with wounds…" Tomoyo said as she gently placed the fruit on his forehead.

Apparently the fruit had the same effect as alcohol, Yue gasped and jerked away. "That stings"

"Well, I'm sorry but it'll help you…" she said moving to put the fruit back on his gash.

Yue squeezed his eyes tight as she squeezed the juice on his wound. It burned so badly. Is this what humans had to go through when they were injured? He did recall a time when Sakura was twelve and she had scraped her knee. Li Meilin had taken great pleasure in applying alcohol to Sakura's knee while Sakura screamed in pain. At first he didn't understand it. It was just liquid with a distinct smell to it. Now he understood.

Tomoyo removed the fruit and then ripped a piece of cloth from her shirt and wrapped it around his head to bandage his wound. "There. All better" she said with a smile.

Yue sighed and gave her small nod of gratitude. "Thank you" he said as he scooted to the wall, wincing from the pain in his back. Tomoyo instantly noticed this. "Your back hurts too?" she asked. "Let me see"

Yue reluctantly turned around and removed the top part of his robes. Tomoyo examined his back. They're were bruises mottling his back along with a few fine gashes. Tomoyo instantly felt guilty. You got these because of me… I should've just let that monster kill me…

Tomoyo proceeded to attend to his wounds with Yue wincing every now and then. She was almost done when she heard a raspy chuckle.

"How romantic this is…"

Tomoyo gasped and turned around while Yue sighed in annoyance. "You are as irritating as Cerebus…" he muttered.

"Yue, what is that?" she asked afraid.

"It's an annoying insect that insists on aggravating me" he told her.

To confirm what he said, the insect came out of the darkness. "You really care for him, don't you?" the bug asked her.

Tomoyo blinked and then turned to Yue who gave her a look that clearly stated "Don't ask". She turned back to the bug and sighed. This place just kept getting weirder and weirder.

"Let me know when the two of you wish to be left alone" the insect said slyly.

Tomoyo blinked before turning to Yue. "What's he talking about?"

"Apparently, that insect thinks that the two of us are… together"

Tomoyo turned to the insect and laughed. "You've got it all wrong. Yue here is my friend, nothing more"

"If you say so"

"This is what I had to put up with while you were away" Yue said annoyed.

"Well, you deal with Cerebus, I don't see why he's a problem" she said gesturing to the bug. "In fact, he's just like-"

::shrft:: ::shrft::

Tomoyo gasped when she heard noises coming from outside. They seemed to be right outside the cave. Yue started to stand but she stopped him. "Stay" she whispered firmly. She then stood up and grabbed a branch off of a small bush in the cave. Apparently, she forgot that the plants in this realm were literally alive for the bush was not too happy about what she did.

"OW! God damn, you bitch!!"

Tomoyo turned around outraged before composing herself. "I'm terribly sorry, now be quiet"

"No! You ripped off my fucking arm, I should-"

"Shut up!" Tomoyo whispered harshly before heading towards the cave entrance. She glanced behind her. Yue was on his guard, the bush was still grumbling and the insect was snickering. She took a deep breath and proceeded forward, holding the branch like a baseball bat to strike. Yue stood and moved behind her, just incase she need backup. Tomoyo turned around and saw him and gave him a look that clearly said "You stubborn ass". She saw a figure coming towards her and prepared to strike but when she got a good look at it she dropped the branch in shock.

"Oh, my God!"

Yue saw the figure and his mouth dropped open and his eyes widened in shock. His usually stoic face was now alive with surprise. "I don't believe it…"

The figure stepped closer to them. "What's going on here?"

Yue and Tomoyo both looked at each other before turning back to the figure.

"Yukito?!?"