Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Too Little, Too Late? ❯ Hello Syaoran ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. I wish I do but it belong to CLAMP not me.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
At night, a beautiful 16 years old girl sits by the window in her dorm room, with a yellow stuffed animal by her side. She is a high school student and she shares a room with her beloved best friend plus cousin.
 
Kinomoto Sakura looks out at the dark front lawn of the school and the people walking on it as she heard the door open behind her. She turned her head and her waist-length auburn hair swayed behind her slender back.
 
She smiled as she saw DaidÅji Tomoyo, her best friend plus roommate. The hungry Kero immediately leaped at the huge bag of food Tomoyo kindly brought back for him and ripped the delicious snacks out of it. Sakura laughed happily along with her friend as they watched Kero stuffing all the snacks in his mouth.
 
Even since Syaoran left to go back to Hong Kong, Sakura has been concentrating on her studying and training with her cards. She became very good at fighting and using magic, just to live up to her name as card captor and mistress of the cards. She trained even though it is not of much help and she did not really need it.
 
Also she was one of the most popular and attractive girls in school. Her cheerful emerald eyes, stunning face with a smile always, petite figure, silky reddish-brown hair and carefree attitude attracted a lot of friends and boys to fall heads over heels in love with her. She was to die for. (A.N. like a dessert…)
 
Sakura was a good loyal friend, A-grade determined student (who all the students AND teachers loved), an amazing athlete, the head cheerleader and a very cheery girl. She was all that and she had everything that a girl would want. Only problem is she does not have a boyfriend, actually she is not interested in boys at all.
 
Tomoyo was also a very popular girl with lots of boys falling for her. Her violet eyes, curly dark purple hair that reached her lower back, her elegant behaviour and her cleverness claimed many boys' hearts. Lots more boys would ask her out if she wasn't taken and it would help if her boyfriend was less protective and possessive.
 
“Hey Sakura-chan!” said Tomoyo as a great big smile appeared on her face.
 
“How's your date with Eriol-kun, Tomoyo-chan?” asked Sakura but she already noticed Tomoyo's happy expressions.
 
“It was very romantic and all. In one word, Great!” cried Tomoyo as she fell onto her bed, tired.
 
Sakura smiled as her friend went through all the details of her splendid date. She truly felt happy for her best friend. She loved Tomoyo as much as she loved herself and want her to be as happy as possible.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next morning as Sakura, Tomoyo and Eriol enter the classroom. There seemed to be a new boy in class. The boy must be really cute or else he wouldn't be surrounded by girls.
 
“That aura…where have I felt it before...it can't be him…” thought Sakura.
 
The boy was introduced as the new transfer student from Hong Kong. He said his name is Li Syaoran as he untangled himself from all the girls when the teacher came in. His gaze was on a special auburn-haired beauty that he saw immediately. Sakura suddenly found her desk very interesting to her.
 
Syaoran had grown up from the last time they saw each other. He still had the messy chestnut hair but he is taller and handsomer. He was wearing the school uniform, which were white short-sleeved shirt, pale blue pants and blazer with blue shoes.
 
It appears that Syaoran came back because he really missed Sakura plus company (A.N. poor them, only noted as company). She was seemed to be looking at everywhere except him, which made Syaoran a little sad.
 
“So cute…” Syaoran thought as he noted that the girl's school uniform looked extra cute on Sakura. The uniform consists of a same white skirt, pale blue pleated skirt and sleeveless pullover with knee-length white socks and blue shoes.
 
“Why is he here?” she thought. “He can't come back now, I mean after what I did to forget him after six long years. This will totally ruin me.”
 
Syaoran thought that Sakura has grown more beautiful and cute. “She still has those sparkling emerald eyes.” he said to himself. “She looks so thin and slender. Well, she has kept a good shape over the year.”
 
Tomoyo and Eriol smirked at each other and Eriol calls for his `cute little descendant' to sit with them. Syaoran was suddenly very nervous and wondering if Sakura still like him. Sakura, who sat next to Tomoyo, who sat next to Eriol, kept her head down as he sat beside Eriol.
 
During class, Sakura kept her head plus eyes to the board and her book only, while Syaoran can't keep his eyes off her. He didn't really notice all the girls staring at him dreamily or the boys glancing often at Sakura with her oblivious to the whole situation.
 
After class, Sakura rushed straight out and Syaoran didn't even get a chance to talk to her. He was surrounded by girls asking him questions and talking about themselves. Afterwards, he had a hand full of paper with telephone number on them. Even so he could see that Sakura didn't really want to talk to him. He wandered why but believed it was just him thinking too much.
 
Tomoyo sighed and leaned against Eriol. He looked at his girlfriend and kissed her on the forehead then whispered “Aren't you going to do something about it?”
 
Tomoyo looked at him and thought for a moment thinking of a plan. A light bulb lighted up in her head, she smirked and told her boyfriend her plan. After hearing the plan, Eriol grinned slyly and nodded.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It is lunch time and Syaoran still hasn't talked to Sakura or at least hasn't got a chance to…he was surrounded by girls and she was more or less surrounded by boys and her friends.
 
“After I went through all that,” Syaoran muttered angrily to himself. “I just can't talk to her with all these people around. I just want to tell her how important she is to me! Why is it so hard to find a time to talk to her?”
 
Every time Syaoran saw Sakura, she was either busy or with someone talking or doing something. Little did he know that Sakura did her best to avoid him for the day and not to look at him. Sakura was already very tired from the day of avoiding him.
 
Sakura leaned onto her desk. Slowly, she fell asleep on the desk and sleep peacefully as a huge shadow casts over her.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
“Mother!!!” yelled an 11 years old Li Syaoran. “Why can't I go back to Japan? I want to be with my friends and Sakura!”
 
“Oh really now,” said Li Yelan. “But you are a very important person to our clan. Li clan depends on you as the next leader after me. You are to train under you become fitted for the position then you can do whatever you want. Be it to see your Sakura or to go marry Meiling, just finish your training first!”
 
Syaoran blushed as his mother said `…your Sakura…' “I will not go and marry Meiling,” he yelled as he thought about Sakura and her ever so gentle face plus behaviour. “I will do my best and train until the whole clan thinks I am good enough to become do what I want.”
 
“Yes, yes” said Yelan ever so calmly. “You will need to train both physically and mentally. Be quick on your feet and know everything about anything. Be fit, creative, smart, social and more…”
 
“Mother, mother, mother” Syaoran interrupted. “I get it, no need to continue on.”
 
“That is no way to talk to your mother,” Yelan lectured. “But I am very glad then you know your responsibilities and what you have to do.”
 
For the next five years, he trained and trained for the title of the leader of Li clan and boss of the Li Company. Not only that but, even after he was dead tired from training, he still had to learn about the Li companies and the everyday normal subjects only harder.
 
Luckily, these five years' work didn't go unnoticed. After five years, the elders saw that he was good enough and his hard work has paid off, for all the Li clan agreed with him being their leader.
 
Now he is in Japan to try to get his beloved to become his wife, because the elders said the clan leader needs a wife to help him with his duties. If he can't get a wife of his own choice or his choice isn't appropriate, then he will have to marry Meiling.
 
Sakura however was an appropriate choice because she is the card mistress.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Syaoran quietly removed the auburn hair covering Sakura's eyes. He sat next to her silently as she snoozed away. He watched her as if her face was the most interesting thing in the whole wide world.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
This is my first fan fiction. I hope you liked it! Please review it to tell me if you liked it or not. I will take your suggestions. Thanks!
 
P.S I appreciate all of you reading this.