Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Too Little, Too Late? ❯ Sakura's Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. I wish I do but it belong to CLAMP not me.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Syaoran waited for Sakura to wake up but Sakura was in a deep sleep. He waited and waited but she won't wake up. He thought of an idea to let her sleep more comfortably.
 
Syaoran lifted her up into his arms. He walked slowly up to his dorm room with everyone watching him. Girls were burning with jealousy, gossiping and wishing that they were Sakura. Boys however wish they were Syaoran carrying the beautiful girl in their arm and making others jealous. Whatever the audiences think they can't change the fact that Syaoran is carrying Sakura in his arms right now.
 
He walked slowly to not wake Sakura up from her peaceful slumbering. She however did not even noticed being lifted up while she dreamt about her past years without Syaoran and what had happened to her. Syaoran took her to his room and laid her on his bed. (A.N. for you perverts out there, NOT WHAT YOU ARE THINKING. OK? PLAIN SLEEPING! GET IT?)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura cried as she watched the aeroplane with Syaoran in it flying away. She fell to the floor as her knees could no longer support her. Tomoyo and Touya rushed to the sight of Sakura kneeling on the floor, sobbing, and took her home.
 
For the next few days, Sakura could hardly eat anything or let alone leave her bed. Her family and friends tried and tried to cheer her up but no one could.
 
Kero tried the hardest for he was with his master always and he did not like her unhappy and upset for the Chinese gaki. He wished to see her happy face once again, same as everyone else around her.
 
Sakura grieved over Syaoran leaving for Hong Kong. She did not notice her relatives being in a depressed state like her for the first few months. Eventually, she did notice and she knows she needs to cheer up. It took her a lot of strength to forget Syaoran and be cheerful again. It was achieved though by Kero constantly flying over her and comforting her plus her friends comforting her. He stayed by her side, not eating his favourite sweets and even not playing his beloved video games.
 
Kero often told her “Who cares about that gaki? He was blind not to see you and be with you. You have me and that's better than anything else…except sweets maybe.” Sakura would then laughed at him and tell him that he is silly. When that happen Kero would pout and argue back about how true it is.
 
She slowly recovered after a year back to her cheery self. However, there will always be a hole in her heart, a sad memory to her otherwise happy life.
 
After she recovered, Tomoyo knew it was impossible for her to replace Syaoran no matter what. She knew that Sakura would never think of her as more then a friend. That was when Eriol came back and asked her to date him for he had always thought she was beautiful and had personalities similar to his, which is apparently always scheming and somewhat evil and cunning.
 
Sakura often helped the couple to get over fights and quarrels. They truly thanked her for it as well. Sakura didn't want another couple breaking up, like the chance she had to confess to Syaoran that has appeared and passed her by. She never wanted to remember that ever again or experience that again either.
 
They knew she needed something to take her mind off Syaoran. Eriol then suggested that she trained with her cards like he did when he was Clow Reed and was bored. Tomoyo also thought it was a good idea to improve in her school subjects as well as Sakura was always having problems with Mathematic.
 
Eventually, Sakura accepted their suggestion and paid more of her attention to school subjects, especially Mathematic, and training with her cards, magic (like spells, without her cards) and fight skills (martial arts). It did help and Sakura started to rethink her situation as being not as bad as it was. She even thought that it was somehow better than before.
 
Five years after Syaoran left, Sakura's father decide to go to Egypt and other ancient places to extend his work and knowledge. Meanwhile, Touya and Yukito moved together to Tokyo to open a café like Yukito always wanted. If Yukito was going then of course Touya would leave together with his best friend as Yukito asked. Touya and their father know that Sakura was going to be alright.
 
That left Sakura all alone but she was already a high school student which meant she can live in the school dormitory. Tomoyo and Eriol followed her without a doubt so Sakura was not really alone. Plus she receives numerous amounts of letters and packages from her father, her brother and Yukito every month. She has a busy time replying to them as well, those keep her mind off things and make her happier.
 
She was soon not thinking about Syaoran that much. She now believed that even if he came back now, she would not feel anything for him and if she still did, then he would ruin her life and everything she worked for while he was back in Hong Kong. She did not want him to be back here like she did until approximately four years ago. She did not loath him for what he did but he just brings back sad memories of not being wanted.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura woke up to find herself on a bed in a room, not hunched over a desk in one of the classrooms like she left herself. She slowly sat up and looked around her. She gasped but threw her hands over her mouth soon after.
 
Syaoran slept leaning over the side of his bed where he put Sakura before. He tried to wait until Sakura wakes up to talk to her but had fallen asleep after a while. He just felt so comfortable next to Sakura again, the real one too, not an imagery one. He was also too sleepy from having girls grabbing onto him in the school and even outside school.
 
Sakura looked at him thoughtfully and thought about what she should do. “Should I wait for him to get up and thank him for carrying me to a comfortable sleeping place? Or should I just leave him be and pretend that this never happened?”
 
She slowly got off the bed and crept to the door. Then she opened the door and got out without a sound and without Syaoran waking up and discovering her escaping. She left the room leaving him in there dreaming about her. That was her decision, to leave it be.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Syaoran woke up to the sound of his roommate calling him. “Syaoran!” called Brandon “Wake up, Syaoran! Get out of dream land and into the real world.”
 
“Shut up! Go away! You are annoying me!” yelled a sleepy Syaoran.
 
“Hey,” joked Brandon. “Here I thought you were dead, my dearest friend. How you doing? All of us heard that you carried the school's most popular girl, Kinomoto Sakura. Here for less than a week and you are already famous. Anyways, so…how did it go with Kinomoto-san?”
 
“Oh my god,” said Syaoran. “Now that you mentioned it, where is she? She was just on my bed a second ago.”
 
“On your… bed?” asked Brandon questioningly.
 
“Hey, not what you are thinking, you pervert.” Syaoran tells Brandon disgustedly. “She was asleep on a desk and I carried her to my bed and fell asleep leaning over the bed. And that was all.”
 
“Oh reaaaaaaally now?” cried Brandon in a funny voice.
 
“Yes really.” Syaoran told him immediately.
 
Syaoran wondered why she left so suddenly and why didn't she wait for him to get up so he could finally talk to her.
 
Brandon, on the other hand, kept annoying him which, in turn, wrecked Syaoran's concentration of thinking about why Sakura would leave without telling him. Not that Syaoran liked this distraction…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura sighed as she sat down on her bed, thinking about what had happen and wondered why Syaoran would do that. She didn't like it one bit anymore. It will just wreck her determination about not falling in love again yet, particularly Syaoran.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
A.N. For these of you who are reading this, hello, thank you for reading my second chapter. I wish no more than for you to try to write a review, but it doesn't matter if you don't wish to. Sorry for uploading so late, there were heaps of assignments to do.