Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Too Little, Too Late? ❯ Tomoyo's Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. I wish I do but it belong to CLAMP not me.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Chapter 3: Tomoyo's Plan in Action
 
The sun slowly rises over the horizon, peeking out at the peaceful residents of Tomoeda. It always wakes up these deep in sleep as it rests on the blue sky.
 
In one room of the Tomoeda High School dorm, a girl with long messy auburn hair wakes up to the sun in her eye and her best friend shouting “Oh my god, Sakura-chan, if you don't wake up now you are going to be late cause I am soooo NOT waiting for you!!!”
 
Upon hearing this, the girl jumps up from her bed and starts running around the room. The violet-eyed girl glanced at the clock and watches patiently at Sakura to get ready.
 
Finally, after five minutes, Sakura got ready and ran out the door, calling “Tomoyo-chan, hurry up, I am faster than you!!!”
 
“Sakura-chan, you are not very kind to me, after all I am the person who was kind enough to wake you up.” Tomoyo choked out, running after the girl to the cafeteria where they have breakfast. They turned a corner. And bumped into a boy.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Meanwhile on the other side of the dorm, a messy chestnut-haired boy walks calmly down to the cafeteria with his overactive roommate by his side talking about everything.
 
They turned around a corner when all of a sudden a blur crashes into them and starts falling down. Syaoran, of course, catches the blur before it falls down.
 
The blur turned out to be a girl.
 
“I'm so sorry for crashing into you.” the girl said after looking at Syaoran.
 
“Hey, aren't you Claire Linton?” (A.N. HAHAHA…you thought it was Sakura, didn't you? Tricked ya!!! Sorry to laugh if you haven't been tricked.) Brandon points out. “You are…uh…uh the most…uh…*cough* sluttish girl in school.”
 
“What? Stop coughing.” Claire told Brandon, staring at him and narrowing her eyes.
 
However, Syaoran who was standing next to Brandon heard him loud and clear.
 
“Never mind,” Brandon said back. “Pretend I didn't say anything.” He looked at Syaoran and his instincts told him that Syaoran heard what he said. The action of Syaoran letting go of her immediately, showed this.
 
Syaoran knew that if he was seen with her, then Sakura might have a misunderstanding of him being a playboy. That, he definitely does NOT want.
 
“Anyways, what's your name?” Claire asks Syaoran, looking at him flirtatiously. “I haven't seen you around before. You're new, right? In that case, I'm so pleased to meet you.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, pleased to meet you too, so bye.” said Syaoran hurriedly. Walking away quickly, Syaoran felt Claire's gaze on him and feels that he should be avoiding as much as possible from now on. Brandon followed him.
 
“Hey you, yea you bitch, Claire,” some girl exclaiming angrily comes running towards Claire. “You stole my best friend's boyfriend and also TRIED to do that to my boyfriend. How are you going to explain that?”
 
Upon hearing this, Brandon drags Syaoran back to look at what the girls are doing to Claire. The girls did not care about their presences.
 
“It is not my fault if they come to me themselves,” stated Claire, looking at her manicured nails and not looking at the girls. “They just said their girlfriends are not fun to be around and they want excitement so they came to me. I am not the one suggesting all this.”
 
“Don't lie, we saw you looking at our boyfriends seductively and licking your lips and all these disgusting stuff, slut.” cried the girl. “And then you act like you don't have a part in all that, seducing and things.”
 
“Hey, now, don't call people names.” Claire lectured them. “It is very rude, you know.”
 
“And why the hell do we even need to be POLITE at someone like YOU?” explained the girl. “You stole our boyfriend and that's polite? You should be like Sakura-chan if you want to be respected or something. Sakura-chan is the kindest and gentlest person in the world. She might be a klutz sometimes but she is very talented and smart. No matter, talking to YOU about her is useless. Comparing YOU to HER is also useless because you are nothing, absolutely nothing, like her.”
 
“My god, stop talking about that teacher's pet.” argued Claire causally. “I can so do what she is doing but I just don't want to. She is such a stupid person and too soft. Using her as a role model is also USELESS!”
 
“Oh so, you think you can be as good as Sakura-chan?” replied the girl. “I bet you can't even last a day without sleeping with a boy you slut.”
 
“Oh but I BET that Kinomoto may have slept with hundreds of boys in secret so no one thinks bad of her unlike me who don't care.” announced Claire.
 
That fake announcement by Claire made Syaoran's blood boil to over 100°C while Brandon is deeply interested in their conservation.
 
“Yuk…don't you even try to put Sakura-chan into the same category as you, slut.” declared the girl. “She is the nicest person ever.” At this, Syaoran clamed down a little.
 
“Yeah, sure. Whatever!” Claire rolled her eyes.
 
“Hey, cut that out girls,” said Syaoran coldly. “We are supposed to go to the cafeteria to get breakfast.”
 
“Yes, exactly, I am busy,” stated Claire, thinking Syaoran was helping her. Also that he maybe likes her. “Goodbye AND don't annoy me ever again.” With that, she walked away, smirking.
 
“Are you her boyfriend?” the girl spitted out with disgust.
 
“Hell no,” Syaoran shook his head. “She was just too annoying.”
 
“Oh ok…” smiled the girl. “What's your name? I am Mihara Chiharu. This is Yanagisawa Naoko.”
 
“Chiharu-san and Naoko-san,” Syaoran introduced himself. “Don't you remember me? I'm Li Syaoran. You know from when we were in elementary school? Here is Brandon Nordell. Anyway we got to go to the cafeteria since we didn't have breakfast yet.” He walked away dragging Brandon away down the stairs.
 
“Wow,” exclaimed Naoko. “He is kind of good looking. I didn't remember him at first and now that he mentioned it, he does look like Syaoran-kun from when we were ten.”
 
“Yeah,” agreed Chiharu. “He looks really different from when he was ten. Wonder if Sakura-chan met him already?”
 
“I don't know,” returned Naoko. “If Sakura-chan did, she would have told us though.”
 
“Never mind, let's go to have breakfast.” invited Chiharu. “And you should forget about that cheater, you deserve better!”
 
With that, they went to have some breakfast and to regain the energy lost having that argument with Claire.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura walked into the cafeteria with Tomoyo and her boyfriend Eriol in tow. They bumped into him as they turned round a corner. He then caught them both before they fell down. They giggled at their silliness and all went to the cafeteria.
 
Tomoyo and Eriol had a plan today, that was very classic and would be very…as Tomoyo would say…KAWAII! Their plan would be soon.
 
Sakura skipped cheerfully to the breakfast buffet table. She got all her food and went to sit with all her friends and classmates. Tomoyo and Eriol were behind her, they smirked at her in unison. These who managed to get a glance at their short smirk, shudder as it sent a chill down their spine.
 
Being totally oblivious as always, Sakura took no notice of the smirking couple or the shudder her friends were having. She just passed it as a cool wind passing by.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The day went on very normally, except the part where Tomoyo and Eriol were continually smirking, which was indeed frightening and horrible to anyone's eyes. Although seeing the two masterminds like this, Sakura ignored their smirks and went on as normally as she could with these terrible smirks.
 
After school, Tomoyo told Sakura to wait for her and Eriol outside the school gates when they go to her locker.
 
As dense as Sakura is, she though they were going to …uh…do couples' stuff and things. Sakura, being such a good friend, made fun out of her but said yes nevertheless. She thought it was just for them to be alone but boy was she half wrong.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
On the other end, Eriol asked Syaoran if he wanted to talk to Sakura. Syaoran, of course, said yes. Eriol then told him that Sakura wanted to meet him. He informed that the meeting place was at the school gates and it was going to be now, after school.
 
Syaoran looked at him, unsure, when Eriol gave him a confident smile…more like an evil smirk. Syaoran sighed; he was going to check it out anyways. He said bye to Eriol and made his way to the front gate.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sakura made it to the front gate without much trouble as did Syaoran.
 
“Hey, Sakura,” called out Syaoran.
 
“Hoe…” Sakura asked. “Who's calling me?”
 
“Syaoran.” answered Syaoran.
 
“Eh…” questioned Sakura. “Li-kun?”
 
“Call me Syaoran like before,” corrected Syaoran. “Eriol said you wanted to talk to me and I have something to say to you as well.”
 
Sakura was going to say that she was only waiting for Tomoyo and Eriol and she didn't call for him, but she wanted to hear what he had to say. It might be of some importance, you never know. So she said “What is it?”
 
“Well,” said Syaoran. “Since you called me here, why don't you say what you have to say first?”
 
“Uh.” muttered Sakura. “I didn't call you here, Syaoran-kun. I am just waiting for Tomoyo and Eriol because they went to her locker.”
 
“Oh…that must mean they tricked us! Eriol told me that you wanted to meet me at the school gates! I knew something was wrong.”
 
“I am sorry, but if you don't have anything to say that I must go now to do my homework.”
 
“Wait…I just wanted you to know that I left six years ago because…”
 
“No…I don't need to know…it is ok…I…eh…have to go now.”
 
“No…wait…I just want you to know I came back because of you…”
 
Sakura blushed and said. “I am going now, bye-bye.” She then ran away to the safety of her dorm room and planned to get Tomoyo and Eriol to explain themselves.
 
Syaoran looked at her disappearing petite figure and sighed very loudly. He was about to turn away…until he heard some giggling and chuckling coming from a bush.
 
`Wait a second…bushes don't giggle or chuckle? That sound like Tomoyo and Eriol!” Syaoran thought as he chased the two out of the bush.
 
“OHOHOHOHOHO!!!” squealed Tomoyo. “I have got a KAWAII video of you and Sakura!!! Yahoo!”
 
“Nice job,” laughed Eriol. “Of SCARING her AWAY that is. Syao-chan, you really need to think about what you are saying!” Syaoran got mad and started chasing Eriol around with Tomoyo videoing them.
 
In the end, Eriol and Tomoyo ran away safely from the huffing Syaoran.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
A.N. Did you like this chapter? I am sorry for updating other fan fictions story before this one! I really am sorry!