Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Two Heart Combine ❯ Sneaking in ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two Heart Combine

Chapter 24

On the jet plane, Touya, Eriol, Syaoran, Sakura, Tomoyo, Meirin, Kaho and the guardians sitting around the screen table that displayed the blueprint of the The Intelligent Tower.

"The strike team will split in to two group." Said the Commander pointing at the blueprint. "First group will attack from the front gate and the second group will attack from the roof and gave them the surprise attack to make them confuse. Then us, the third group will sneak into the building and get Kuki."

Eriol nodded. "That is the good plan. They would not think that both teams are the decoy."

"But the problem is how do we gonna slip into the building?" Asked Sakura. "It would be very hard to slip into that building without anyone notice."

"She's right." Added Meirin. "Because it's gonna be in the middle of the battle. It would be too risky."

"We have a plan for that." Replied the Emperor.

Suddenly the alarm was rung making everyone to stop their conversation and looked up at the speaker as the pilot's voice coming out of it. "We had reach our first destination. Everyone who's gonna go down here please prepared yourself."

"Prepared? For what?" Asked Syaoran confused. "I we haven't reach the capital city yet, don't we?"

"Yes Syaoran-kun we haven't reach the capital city yet but this is the place that will help us sneak into the Intelligent Tower without anyone notice." Replied Kaho.

"How?"

"You'll have your answer soon enough." Said Nakuru as she put her bag over her shoulder.

***********

As the group got out of the plane they looked around them.

"This place is…." Said Syaoran.

"A mansion?" Said Sakura as she observed the place. In front of them was a very large mansion that was surrounded by mountains.

"This is the vacation mansion. It was 700 km. from the capital city." Said Eriol. "Please follow me."

The group followed the emperor into the mansion while the plane took off again to take the strike force into the designated position.

As they entered the highly decorated mansion they began to walked down the stairs which lead them down to the basement. they had make to a steel door. He gestured Yue to open it.

The head royal guard opened the steel door then bowed to his emperor.

Eriol nodded then stepped into the room whiled everyone followed suited.

Behind the door was a huge room that was stretch in 50 meters to their left and right. They were standing on a catwalk. The room was also filled with water that was coming up half a meter under the catwalk they were standing on.

"What is this place?" Asked Syaoran.

The Emperor took a remote from his pocket and pushed a button. Suddenly a small submarine emerged from the water.

"From the beginning my father the first Emperor knew that there's chance that the capital city might be under attack so he ordered to built the secret passageway underneath the city. In case for emergency as you can say. And this place is one of the entrance. We can get into the city by this way and no one could detect us.

"Interesting." Said the commander observed the submarine. "Where'd these passage way lead to?"

"You've no idea how many place this passage way would lead to. But I can assured you that it could led us to the Intelligence Tower." Replied the emperor.

"Don't you afraid that your enemies would use this passage way against you?" Asked Syaoran.

"Don't have to worry about that." Said Nakuru.

"Anyone who come into here without permission wouldn't stand a chance more than few minutes in here." Said Suppy.

"This place had housed the most advanced security system. The same class as the Emperor's Palace. No one without authorization come in here and leaving this place alive." Said Yue.

"We'll discuss about that later but now we have works to do so, let's move on would we?" Said Eriol.

Everyone nodded in agreement before get into the submarine.

***************

Inside Intelligence Tower.

Field marshal Kuki standing in front of the Clow the ultra computer that ran the Empire. Standing as tall as 10 stories building. It's shape was like the giant crystals tree.

He was interrupted by one of his troop. "Sir, Major Li had arrived."

Kuki smiled as he turned around to face Li Shengron. "Welcome major. I was waiting for you. Do you have them with you?"

Shengron pulled a card deck out of his jacket and handed to Kuki. "There's some trouble getting these cards but I'm managed to retrieved them."

"Excellent, now everything is ready." Kuki took the cards then walked to the far side of the room that housed the console and put the cards in the slot and shut it.

"The verifying process will complete within 20 minutes. And then the empire will be mine." Said Kuki with maniacally smile on his face.

Suddenly the radio rang up and one of his troop answered it and told Kuki what had happened.

"Sir, we're under attacked. There're unidentified squadd attacking us at the front gate. Our troops couldn't hold them much longer.

Kuki stroke his chin thoughtfully. "At the front gate? Why they have to attacked the best guarded section like that? Or..this is a decoy."

Kuki turned to his man. "Check the roof!"

The soldier used the radio to contact the guards on the roof but there's no answer.

"Looks like we're facing enemies from two directions." Kuki then called out two name.

"Skull Head! Leviathan!"

Two figures walked out. One was a big man about 7 feet tall. Half of his face covered by a metal plate making it looks like his skull was came out of the flesh. The other figure was a tall thin man. His creepy face was covered by the long ragged hair.

"Skull Head, you go to the front gate and Leviathan you go to the roof. Leave none of them go back alive."

Behind everyone's back, Shengron leaving the scene unnoticed by anyone.

***************

Touya's troops had successfully defeated the guards at the front gate and about to advance to the main hall but they're blocked by The big and tall figure before them.

On the roof, another of Touya's troops had entered the building and came down to the corridor but before they could go any further they're stopped by a creepy thin man blocking their way. He gave them a maniactically smile.

***************

In the secret passage way under the intelligence tower the sub-marine had emerged and everyone on board had come out and followed Eriol's lead then suddenly a quiet alarm had rang from Eriol's pocket.

Eriol took a small device out and looked at the screen on it. "Oh no. Kuki had put the cards in the verifying slot. We must hurry. The process will end within 20 minutes."

Eriol leaded them to the storage room at the basement of the building there's a figure waiting for them. Touya and Syaoran recognized him right away.

"Shengron!"

"It wasn't that difficult to fine the information about the secret passage way of the royal family. As the emperor with you it was quite obvious that you would use this passageway to sneak into the building.

Everyone were put on their fighting stance but Shengron held out a hand.

"No one knew about this secret passageway but me. I would let all of you go if……" He pointed at Syaoran. "You leave that boy here."

"What trick are you planning this time Shengron?" Asked Touya.

"It was something personal, beside I don't think you have that much time to argued with me." Shengron gestured to the clock on the wall, reminded them that their time were running out.

As the emperor and the adults couldn't figured what to do, the chestnut hair boy spoke up.

"I'll stay."

"Syaoran?" Sakura gasped.

"We don't have much time. We can't just standing here staring at him while some lunatics were tried to taking over the world."

Touya hesitated but in the end agreed to do as Syaoran said and told the emperor to leaded the way.

Sakura staring at Syaoran, not sure what she should do, then suddenly the boy's hand was placing on her shoulder.

"Please go with them Sakura. They might need you."

"But"

"I'll followed you. I promised."

The young couple looked into each other's eye for the moment before the girl turned back and ran after the other. Syaoran then turned to face Shengron.

"I have many things to asked you."

Shengron grinned as he rolled up his left sleeve. "I guest you wants to asked about……this?"

On the upper part of Shengron's arm. There's a symbol of the wolf's head, similar to the one Syaoran had.

"That mark....." Syaoran rolled up his left sleeve showing the same mark on his arm.

"What is this mark? Why you have it?"

"This mark is the symbol." Said Shengron, rolled his sleeve down. "Symbol that gave to every child that born in Li-clan at the first day of their life."

Shengron pointed at Syaoran. "That's means you and I are having the same blood flowing our vain."

***************

As they left Syaoran with Shengron the other ran up the stairs to the main corridor suddenly the radio on Touya's belt rang up. It was from his troops that attacking the front gate.

"What is the situation over there?"

The unfamiliar deep low voice came out of the speaker. "So. You must be the leader."

"Who is that?"

"My name is Skull Head. And I want to tell you that all of your boys are dead."

At the main hall. Skull Head stood alone. On the floor around him lied the bodies of Touya's men.

To be continued next chapter.

Author's note. There's not much of the battle scene yet but I promise you action in the next chapter.

As always, comments, review evev flames are welcome.