Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Visible To You ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Neko: I FINALLY updated! HOORAY! Aren't you proud of me? (gets million's of death glares). Hmm… I guess not. But, I did update. There were plenty of reason's why it took me so long, but I won't bore you. Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own CardCaptor Sakura.

"WHAT?!" Sakura stopped dead in her tracks, so she could glare at Syaoran without any distractions. "You didn't tell me your family's out of town and you couldn't get into your own house. Where are you planning on sleeping?" She had just been told that one important fact after he also informed her that the Love's Future Psychic House was closed by this hour. Just peachy.

Syaoran didn't know why, but this girl Sakura actually made him feel nervous. He was almost afraid to say his next sentence, but it had to be said and he was no coward, "At your house, of course."

"'Of course' NOT!" Sakura shrieked, walking again.

"Well, do you have a better idea?" Syaoran asked, starting to get annoyed. Ok, so maybe `starting' isn't the right word. He was far past `starting' to be annoyed.

"Yes. I think I still have a dog house in the yard."

"Ha ha. There's no way I'm sleeping outside."

"Then you better try your house again." Sakura picked up the pace, glancing at Syaoran with an evil scowl on her face.

"It's not going to open."

"Fine."

Syaoran wasn't exactly sure what she meant. Did that mean, fine he can sleep in her house? Or fine, he's going to be stuck outside with the mosquitoes and ants? It probably wouldn't have done him any good to ask her, so he didn't.

The rest of the walk to her house was in silence. This seemed to please Sakura and she didn't break the silence until they were standing outside of her front door. "Listen," She said sharply, "My dad and brother are home so you need to be absolutely silent. When we get inside, follow me."

And with that, she swung open the door and walked in. Syaoran was a couple of steps behind her so she had to hold the door open for a second.

"What are you doing?" A masculine voice said from the sofa in the living room. The owner of the voice had dark hair and looked too young to be Sakura's father so Syaoran just assumed he was her brother. "Trying to let all the bugs and pests in?"

"Yes." Sakura said bluntly. Syaoran was the only one who caught the double meaning and had to resist the urge to say something. "Where's dad?"

"In his room."

Sakura sighed inwardly in relief that at least one obstacle would be postponed. Her gaze flickered backwards and clashed with Syaoran's. Quickly, she turned away and started walking down the hall.

Syaoran watched where they were going so, later, he would know his way around the house. The walls in the hallway were white and the carpet felt nice and spongy through his shoes.

The hostile girl disappeared into a room and Syaoran was about to follow her, but something caught his eye.

On the door, there was a painting of an anime character and then a sign that said `WARNING' and a long description of what it was warning about. Basically, it was saying what a mess the room was going to be. It kept going on and on about safety procedures and why he shouldn't go in. Syaoran rolled his eyes and entered.

He visibly flinched when he saw the catastrophe. Clothes (including bras and underwear) were strewn around the room, as well as blankets, backpacks, and anything else imaginable to man. "I guess the sign on your door wasn't exaggerating."

"Nope." Sakura said and almost sounded… proud?

Syaoran didn't know how long he would be able to stay in that room. His instincts were screaming at him to get out of there. He really hated messy rooms.

"Is there a problem?" She asked evilly while removing her shoes and throwing them in the closet. "Because, if there is, there's always the doghouse…"

"No." Syaoran cut her off. "There's no problem."

"Good." She waded her way through the mess over to her dresser and dug around for some pajamas. That accomplished, she made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" Syaoran demanded, not wanting to be left in this room if it were at all possible.

"To get a bath. Don't follow me." She glared as an extra warning.

"Why would I want to?" Syaoran muttered under his breath after she had shut the door. She hadn't given him enough time to say it to her face.

*****

Sakura almost moaned aloud when she sank into the steaming bathwater. As soon as she was surrounded by heat, she could feel her muscles relax and some of the day's stress seemed to melt away.

It had definitely been a long day. Between tennis and finding out that she had an invisible STALKER.

Ok, so maybe he wasn't exactly a stalker but he was certainly as bad. In fact, she was wondering if she'd prefer a stalker. At least then she could call the police.

Her mouth was underwater and, when she thought about calling the police to report an invisible stalker, she snorted and made bubbles.

*****

It was only later when she was drying off and happened to glance at the clock that she noticed she'd been in the bathtub a lot longer than she'd intended.

Hurriedly, she put on her pajamas and went back to her room. The sight that greeted her made her gasp in shock. "What did you do to my room?!"

"Cleaned it." Syaoran answered simply. Sakura's mouth dropped but he just pointed to a large pile of clothes. "I didn't think it would be good if your dad or brother saw a floating pile of laundry, so I left that for you to take care of."

"W-why-" she stuttered; it'd been a long time since she'd seen the carpet.

"I have to have a place to sleep." He glanced at her with a mischievous expression. "I doubt you'd let me sleep up on the bed with you."

Sakura's face turned a nice rosy shade of pink. "Of course not!"

"That's what I thought."

*****

"We need to make a plan for what we're going to do tomorrow." Syaoran said from down on the floor. Sakura had stolen some of her brother's clothes for him to sleep in.

"We?" Sakura quirked an eyebrow even though she knew he couldn't see her in the dark.

"Yes `we'. Stop acting like that. You know the only way you're going to get rid of me is by helping me." He had to shift a little bit to get comfortable. Her carpet was awfully itchy.

Sakura could hear him tossing around and felt a twinge of guilt. "Comfortable?" She asked. She hadn't meant it as a jab, but he took it that way.

"No." His reply was short and crisp. This day was really starting to get to him. Finding out that you're invisible is stressful enough but the knowledge that only this girl could help him was giving him an ulcer. He heard her covers move and was suddenly blinded by the light of her bedside lamp.

"Look. My bed is really big. If the floor is that uncomfortable, you can sleep with your head by my feet."

Syaoran was taken aback. Here she had been accusing him of being a pervert all day, and now she was offering him her bed. "You trust me?"

She rolled her eyes as a response. "If I didn't trust you, would I be letting you sleep on the floor? It's just as easy to molest me from sleeping down there. You'd still be in the same room."

She had a point, and he wasn't about to argue. Her bed looked nice and comfortable, especially compared to the floor. He had been dreading an awful backache anyways.

He dragged up the blanket and pillow she had given him and threw it by her feet. "Thanks."

"No problem."

As soon as they were both settled in, Sakura turned off the lights again.

Despite what she told him, it was VERY unnerving to have him sleeping in the same bed. He was putting out a lot of body heat and she could almost feel his breath on her feet. It was strange, but not entirely bad. She forced herself to suppress a groan. She had no idea how she was supposed to get any sleep.

"Do you have any ideas?" Syaoran's voice finally broke through her little reverie.

"Huh?"

"For the plan." There was a tinge of impatience, but not enough to matter.

Sakura chewed on her lower lip. It was a bad habit that she'd been meaning to quit. "I was thinking that I'd go to that Psychic House and talk to Madam Marie."

"Mirai."

"Whatever." Sakura waved her hand flippantly even though he couldn't see.

"That won't do you any good."

"Do you have a better idea?" Sakura snapped.

"Nope. By all means, go ahead."

Sakura wasn't so sure that she wasn't wasting her time, but didn't want to hear it from him. Instead of continuing the conversation, she rolled over and said, "Goodnight."

"Night."

*****

When Syaoran awoke the next morning, it was to the soft click of the bedroom door closing. He sat up in the unfamiliar bed slowly and looked at the girl that just entered.

"I'm sorry," she said, "Did I wake you up?"

"Not really." Syaoran yawned and stretched to get the stiffness out of his muscles. He glanced over Sakura's appearance and noticed that she was dressed. "How long have you been awake?"

"Not long." She lied. Actually, she'd been in and out of sleep all night and, as soon as the sun rose, she couldn't fall back to sleep. Instead, she crawled out of bed and got dressed.

It was odd; getting out of a bed with a guy in it, that was. She blushed deep crimson at the thought of what Tomoyo would say if she knew.

"Is something wrong?"

"No-nothing." Sakura shook her head violently to get the bad thoughts out. "You should get dressed. If my brother saw his clothes floating around, I don't think he'd understand." A thought suddenly occurred to her. "How long have you been wearing those clothes anyways?"

Now it was Syaoran's turn to blush. "Just a couple days." Her nose wrinkled in disgust. "Hey! It's not my fault! I don't have anything else to wear and I don't even know if the clothes I'm wearing right now are invisible or not."

"I didn't say anything!" Sakura had to nibble on her lower lip to keep from laughing.

"Sure. I know what you were thinking."

She raised an eyebrow in challenge. "So now you think you know what's going on in my head?"

Syaoran could have laughed out loud. Yea right. "Nope. Definitely not." She was one of the few people that he just couldn't figure out. He would never live it down if Meiling found out about it. Speaking of which. "I just hope that we can get this whole `invisible' thing straightened out before my family comes back."

"How long do we have?"

"You don't need to worry," Syaoran reassured, "They're going to be gone for a week."

"Good. That's one less thing we have to worry about."

"Unless it takes us more than a week." Syaoran pointed out. Sakura grunted.

*****

"I really wish I had a change of clothes," Syaoran whined, "These are really starting to stink."

"Yea, I know. I can smell." Syaoran was about to reply, but she cut him off. It seemed to be another habit of hers. "Be quiet." They had finally made it to the Psychic House. The walk there was long but Sakura didn't want to involve her father or brother in this in any way.

Syaoran felt dread looking at the small building. If it were up to him, he would burn this stupid thing and never have to look at it again. It would serve Madam Mirai right.

Sakura didn't seem intimidated by the building and entered without hesitating. Syaoran followed a little less sure of himself. Without missing a beat, Sakura walked up to the same clerk that had been there both times Syaoran had come.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I'm here to see Madam Mirai."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, but it involves one of her former clients."

The clerk frowned slightly, "I'm sorry but-"

Madam Mirai herself interrupted her. "It's ok." She said, coming out of the room that smelled like smoke. She then addressed Sakura. "I assume you're talking about the young man who is standing behind you?" The clerk glanced behind Sakura before tossing a confused look at Madam Mirai. Her confusion was ignored.

"Yes." Syaoran almost fell over at the sickeningly sweet smile Sakura directed at Madam Mirai.

"By all means, come in. You too, Syaoran."

Every part of his brain told him not too, but his legs disobeyed and he found himself in the dreaded room once more.

No one said anything for a long time. Madam Mirai sat down and gestured for them to do the same. "So, why'd you come?"

Sakura continued to smile and her voice sounded sugary when she answered; like a little girl who wanted her parents to buy her an expensive toy. "I was wondering how to get Syaoran back to normal."

Madam Mirai had obviously been expecting that. "Sorry, can't tell you."

Sakura's impeccable smile faltered. It was only a split second before it was plastered on her face again. "Excuse me?"

"I can't tell you."

Sakura's chest moved up and down slowly like she was trying to control her anger. "Why not?"

"Several reasons." As she said them, she ticked them off on her fingers. "It's not in my nature, you need to figure it out on your own, and… he insulted me."

Syaoran swallowed nervously. He really wished the old hag hadn't said that last one. Sure enough, Sakura glared at him with all the fire of Hades.

"You seem like such a nice girl. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out."

Sakura's grin seemed more like a grimace now and, it seemed to Syaoran, that she was showing more teeth than was necessary. Hopefully, those strong looking teeth wouldn't be tearing into him.

"Thank you for your time." Sakura managed to growl and stood up sharply. She turned on her heel and exited with Syaoran close behind her.

He was dieing to say `I told you so' but figured that, if he did, he really would die.

"What a crock of shit!" Sakura screamed, as soon as they were out of Love's Future.

"That's exactly what I said." Syaoran offered timidly. It was kind of funny that they thought the same way. "I noticed that you can really turn on the charm when you want something."

"Naturally." She brushed off the compliment with a wave of her hand. She sighed with much effort. "I guess you have to come back to my house with me."

"Yep."

Her eyes turned heavenward. "If I make it through this week, I'm going to be very surprised."

Kitty Neko: If you want to email me, my address is kittyneko@tenchiclub.com

Also, I recently started a website with my stories on it. If you're interested, it's at http://www.panikku.com/kn

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Ja!