Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Visible To You ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kitty Neko: Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy my new story! I know some of you are thinking, what about Roommates? Well, I haven't stopped that one, but I was itching to write this one. This one isn't going to be as long as Roommates. Anyways, enjoy the first chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura.
The bell rang, signaling freedom for all the students in the school. Well, almost all of them. There were a few that had to stay for detention. Syaoran Li, however, was not one of these people.

As soon as the teacher dismissed his class, he grabbed his things and left. He was in a particular hurry today because.

"Syaoran!"

"Oh no." Syaoran muttered and walked faster, keeping his eyes to the floor.

"Syaoran Li, don't you dare run away from me!"

By now, he was practically sprinting to the door. He had almost made it when a strong arm reached out and grabbed his shirt. The sudden change in direction made him stumble but he somehow managed to keep from falling. As soon as he had composed himself, he turned and glared at his cousin. Meiling just smirked at him and tossed a long glossy strand of black hair out of her face. "You forget, dear cousin, that I'm just as fast as you when I want to be."

"I didn't forget." He turned away. "I just thought that the will to get away would somehow make my legs faster."

At his remark, she punched him in the arm, but not hard. "You thought wrong." Thoughtfully, she brought her hand up to tap her temple. "Or maybe my will to get to you was stronger than your will to get away. You did promise after all."

"I know." Syaoran raised his arms in the universal sign of surrender. "But it was worth a try, right?"

Meiling shook her head. "You just wasted both of our time." She feigned tears, making him laugh. "And to think that I'm not going to get to see my favorite cousin for a week! Besides, a little trip to a psychic isn't going to kill you." She looked at him pointedly. "But I might."

This was his cue to give in, and that he did. Meiling picked up her backpack and fell into place beside him. Together they made their way to the psychic shop that Meiling had been dying to go to for quite some time now. Only recently had she been able to convince him to go with her.

He and his cousin had always been close. She was one of the few people that he even bothered to talk to and was certainly the most. energetic.

They had finally made it to spring break. Syaoran was looking forward to nice and quiet relaxation while Meiling was going out of town with his mother and sisters. At first, Syaoran was going to have to go with them since he would be left alone, but his mother relented. He was sixteen now, after all. It was a good thing too, Syaoran thought. He wasn't sure if he could handle spending a week in some hotel with his four sisters, mother, and Meiling.

That was actually why he was going with Meiling today. She made him feel guilty by talking about how much she would miss him. Even though Syaoran knew that it was a trick to get him to do something he fell for it. And now, here he stood, looking up at the lamely named 'Love's Future' psychic house. He groaned loudly.

Meiling, on the other hand, beamed up at the neon sign before bounding inside, leaving him to follow. Inside, it was dark, save for a few lamps strategically placed, and smelled musty. No doubt in need of a good cleaning.

Syaoran had never been very fond of messes. Maybe living with five women had something to do with that. Either way, he couldn't wait to get out of this place.

Wasting no time, Meiling walked up to the clerk and smiled. "Hi, I'm Meiling. I made an appointment a few days ago for today at four o'clock. Already paid it."

The older woman looked down at her schedule before nodding and pointing at a door decorated with scraps of fabric and beads. "Madam Mirai will see you now." Syaoran snorted and received withering glances from both Meiling and the clerk. It wasn't his fault that her name was amusing! Madam Time to Come? He wondered how far up her butt she had to dig to get that one!

Not voicing his thoughts aloud, he coughed and gestured for Meiling to go ahead. His cousin rolled her eyes before grabbing his wrist and dragging him with her.

This room was even darker than the other and was only lit with a few candles. The scented candles almost covered it, but Syaoran was pretty sure that he could smell old smoke, probably from cigarettes. He cringed. In the center of the room was a small round table (thankfully with no crystal ball on it) with two chairs meant for the visitors and a third chair occupied by a woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties. She wasn't ugly but she was wearing too much eye makeup. She had her long curly brown hair pulled out of her face by a piece of cloth that matched her garments, exposing her large hoop earrings. And when she lifted her arm to motion at the chairs Syaoran could see that she wore lots of rings and many bracelets adorned her wrists that clinked together when she moved.

Meiling plopped down on a chair and told Syaoran to do likewise. "You're Meiling?" Madam Mirai asked, looking at Meiling. Syaoran was tempted to say, 'No, I am.' But he restrained himself.

When his cousin nodded, smiled slightly and asked, "What is it that you want to know about your future?"

"Well." Meiling sat back in her chair, deep in thought. "I heard that you specialized in love fortunes so. I guess that's what I want."

Madam Mirai nodded before shutting her eyes and taking a deep breath. After a few minutes, she reopened her heavily painted lids and said, "You will meet someone very soon. Things will start off very slow but gradually you will develop feelings for each other. In the end, it may not work out, but it just might."

Syaoran looked out of the corner of his eye to see if his cousin was buying any of this bull. "Really?" She asked breathlessly. Apparently, she was. "What does he look like? How do I meet him?"

"He will have hair the color of cornflower and eyes the color of the ocean. When you meet him, you will not be at your best. You'll be drenched and unhappy."

Syaoran snorted loudly, wanting to be heard. Madam Mirai and Meiling both turned to look at him sharply. "And just WHAT is so amusing?" Meiling demanded.

"Hair of cornflower? Eyes of the ocean? Please!"

Meiling looked embarrassed at his statement and Madam Mirai did not even bat an eye. "And just who might you be?"

Syaoran jerked his thumb in Meiling's direction. "I'm her cousin."

"And do you not believe in fortune telling?"

"Not really. Especially for ten dollars."

She looked at him coolly. "I get the feeling that you also do not believe in love."

Syaoran crossed his arms over his chest. "As a matter of fact, I don't."

"And would the reason be that your parents got a divorce before you were even born? Leaving your mother to take care of five children by herself?"

Syaoran was surprised that she knew those things but there was a reasonable explanation, he was sure. "I don't have to take this." He said, rising to his feet. Meiling winced at the scraping of chair against tile. "Especially from a crack pot psychic."

This finally seemed to penetrate Madam Mirai's placid surface and her eyes narrowed. "I wouldn't be so hasty to judge." She said dangerously.

"Uh huh. Sure. I'm going now, Meiling. And by the way MADAM Mirai, you might want to go easier on the eye make-up. You might accidentally paint your eyes shut."

Syaoran turned to exit, but in a flash Madam Mirai was in his path, blocking the door. "You need an awakening." She said icily.

"You're right. This little escapade has put me asleep. I think it's going to take three soda's before I'm back to normal." Syaoran tried to brush past her, but to no avail.

He watched, annoyed, as she shut her eyes and mumbled under her breath for a couple of minutes. When she was finished, she grinned at him like a shark. "The next time that you wake up, Little Wolf, your life is going to be turned upside down. Normally, I would tell people how they can fix this but," She glared at him. "I think you can figure it out on your own, Smart Ass."

"Ok." Syaoran mocked. "Now would you move?" When she complied, Syaoran grabbed his stuff and walked out the door with Meiling at his heels.

Before she left, she turned around to face Madam Mirai. "I'm so sorry about this. I hope you can please forgive us."

"Don't worry about it. Come back whenever you feel like it."

Meiling nodded and left before any more could be said. Madam Mirai grinned to herself. "He's going to get what he deserves."

Later that night, Syaoran sat in his living room reading with a bag of chocolate chips and a soda. The house was the quietest it had ever been. Shortly after he and Meiling had left, his sisters, mother, and cousins had to catch a plane. Now he had a whole week to do blissfully nothing. He was supposed to go to school tomorrow but his mom had called and lied that he was going on vacation. It was pointless to go anyways, they were just going to be watching movies in all of his classes.

He scowled when he remembered the encounter with the psychic not too long ago. "What a crock of shit." He mumbled, setting his snacks aside. The events of the day took their toll on him and he fell into a restless sleep.

It was usually bright when Syaoran woke up, even if he fell asleep in the living room. Slowly, he opened one eye to look at his surroundings. Startled out of his wits, the other eye flew open.

"WHAT THE HELL!" he cursed, jumping to his feet. He was definitely not in his living room.

The familiar public park surrounded him on all sides and Syaoran thought he was going to have a heart attack. How the heck did he get here? He quickly glanced at himself to see if everything was intact. After a quick inspection, he came to the conclusion that he was ok. Rising to his feet he looked around and started to walk back to his house.

Being in a hurry, he dodged around all the people until he came upon a group taking up the whole sidewalk. "Excuse me." When no one answered him, he tried again. No answer. Figuring they just hadn't heard him, he tapped one of them on the back. The guy whipped around and looked right past Syaoran.

"Who's there?"

Annoyance about to break through, Syaoran waved his hand across the guy's face. "Me. Could you please move."

The guy looked around for another minute before turning around to join his friends. Through being polite, Syaoran just shoved them out of his way. All of them looked thoroughly confused, but he didn't have any time to hang around.

Turning his walk into a jog, and then into a sprint, Syaoran was exhausted by the time that he got to his house. Walking up to the front door, he tried to open it but no such luck. Of course the one time that he remembered to lock the door had to be yesterday. He tried the back door but came up with the same results. Too bad he wasn't smart enough to hide a key somewhere outside. Oh well.

There was only one more thing to do. By the time that Syaoran had checked all the windows, he was extremely annoyed. There was no one to call, so there was no way to get inside. Unless.

Deciding that there was no other choice, he grabbed a rock and hurled it at the window. It didn't even make noise when it made contact. Confused, Syaoran tried again and again. The window didn't even crack. Out of his growing frustration, he banged his fists against the window. Nothing happened. No matter what he did, he couldn't break the window. A string of obscenities left his mouth. The windows were supposed to be breakable.

Feeling drained of energy; he sank down to his knees. What was going on? First, he woke up in a place different than he fell asleep, then someone couldn't see him, and now he couldn't break into his own house! Realization dawned on him. The psychic! He didn't know how, but he knew that she had something to do with this. In a flash, he was on his feet and running as fast as he could in the direction of 'Love's Future'.

Syaoran entered the all too familiar room and glared at the clerk. "I was here yesterday. Can I talk to Madam Mirai?" The woman didn't say anything and continued to smack her gum and file her nails. "Damnit, listen to me!" His patience growing thin, he slammed his fists down right in front her.

She looked up, wide-eyed, and whipped her head in every direction, trying to see the culprit. Syaoran groaned and stomped over to the room where he knew Madam Mirai was. When he tried the doorknob, it was locked and he began to pound on the door. The clerk let out a shriek and ducked for cover.

Syaoran was just about to kick the door down when it opened. At the sight of Madam Mirai's over painted face, he wanted to pound her into the ground. "You!" he sputtered. "I don't know how you did this, but I know it was you! I can't get into my home and no one can see me! What the hell did you do to me!"

Instead of looking around in confusion, her gaze went directly at Syaoran. "Please, Syaoran. Settle down, and come inside." Startled into silence, Syaoran obeyed. "Have a seat." He eyed her wearily. "We have all the time in the world. Be difficult if you want, but you're the one with the problem."

Realizing that she was right, Syaoran sat down and glared at her.

"Now let's get down to business, shall we." She said, pulling out a deck of tarot cards and shuffling them like she was about to play poker. Syaoran eyed them nervously.

"What are those for?"

"Nothing. I just like having my hands occupied while I talk." Syaoran rolled his eyes but didn't comment.

They sat in silence for a long time before Syaoran became impatient. "Well, aren't you going to fix it?"

"Fix it?" She asked.

"YES!"

She gave him a look that clearly said to settle down. "There's nothing I can do. Well, there is. but I'm not going to do it." She laughed at Syaoran's incredulous expression. "Why should I? You insulted me."

"I'm sorry." Syaoran muttered, loosing the last shred of dignity that he had been able to hold onto.

"Yes, I would be too." Syaoran bit his tongue so he wouldn't say anything. "But, you need to figure out how to fix this on your own. It's not my problem anymore." Swiftly she stood and pulled him to his feet. Dragging him to the front of the store she waved goodbye. "You have fun now!" And with that, the door shut and Syaoran's hope disappeared like ice cream on a hot day.

It was probably only seven in the morning, but Syaoran was extremely tired. After the event at Madam Mirai's place, he decided to return to where he woke up in the morning, thinking that there might be some clue as to how to get back to normal. But, as luck would have it, there was nothing. At least he had fallen asleep yesterday with his shoes and clothes still on. He was annoyed, angry, frustrated, and tired. Not a good combination for the next person who happened to cross his path.

Syaoran was resting on a park bench when it happened. Some guy was walking with his face in a book and was about to sit on him. Quickly loosing his temper, Syaoran kicked the back of his knees, causing him to fall to the ground. Once he was down, Syaoran grabbed his book and hurtled it as far away as possible. The guy scrambled to his feet and chased after the book, looking over his shoulder fearfully. Seeing nothing frightened him even more and he hightailed it out of there.

Syaoran chuckled a little. At least this invisible thing had a few advantaged. He was about to lie down but something caught his eye. A girl stood, not too far away looking at the guy who was running away. She had short brown hair cut into an interesting style and was wearing a backpack and a uniform. She didn't go to the same school as Syaoran but he recognized the uniform. Tomoeda High or something. When she turned to look in his direction, he saw that she had emerald eyes.

Sighing, Syaoran lay down and shut his eyes. Maybe a quick nap would do the trick. Who knew? He could wake up and be back in his house. Just as he got comfortable and shadow fell across his face. Oh no. Not another person to sit on him. He peeked one eye open and saw the girl with emerald eyes. She was standing over him with her arms akimbo and an angry expression on her face. He sat up and her gaze followed him.

"That was mean." She said. "What did he do to you?"

Kitty Neko: Well, I hope that you liked it. I will be working on the next chapter as soon as I can! Ja!