Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Where Love Blooms ❯ The Sleeping Sorcerer ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is just getting depressing, I don't own CCS no matter how much I wish. * sighs * So don't sue, not like you would get much anyway, just a ton of homework.

A/N:

Foxtails: * big starry eyes * You reviewed! You reviewed! I love you! * showers reviewers with Pocky * Thank you!

Yuriko: * Sighs and drags Fox away * You need to write the next chapter, not get on a sugar high.

Fox: * pouts * But being on a sugar high gives me more energy to write!

Yuriko: * facefaults *

Where Love Blooms- The Sleeping Sorcerer

Sakura and Syaoran were taking a break from vigorous training, taking time to go over strategies, and the strengths and weaknesses of each card. That is they would be if they started to concentrate instead of blushing at each other.

"-so it might be a good idea to use Windy at this point." Syaoran said, finishing of a sentence.

Suddenly a tremor shook Eriol's mansion, training hall where Sakura and Syaoran were.

"What was that?" asked Sakura grabbing Syaoran's arm to keep balance.

"It can't be normal," muttered Syaoran glancing out of the window, "Only the mansion is shaking, the outside isn't."

Just then Eriol and Tomoyo rushed in,

"What just happened?" Tomoyo.

Syaoran shrugged and looked at Eriol for an answer. Eriol was none too pleased about the fact that someone was causing his mansion to shake like that. In reply to Syaoran he merely narrowed his eyes and said in a dangerous voice,

"When I find out who caused I'll make sure they wish they were never born."

Everyone took a step back.

"No one, absolutely no one gets away with messing with Clow's half reincarnation."

he continued his blue aura lit, picking out his outline, showing just how serious it was. With that little speech out of his way Eriol stormed out of the practice hall leaving three worried and slightly shocked friends behind.

The next day when they arrived in Eriol was nowhere to be seen, Tomoyo, Sakura and Syaoran stood at their usual meeting place waiting for him.

"We've been waiting for him for twenty minutes, if we don't go now we'll be late," said Syaoran glancing at his watch.

"But what if he's in trouble? He's never late," stated Tomoyo worriedly.

"Don't worry, he's probably just busy or something," comforted Sakura, "it's not the first time he disappears for a few days without reason, he probably just wants to check on something or finish a spell knowing him."

"You're right," said Tomoyo starting to walk towards the school "he'll probably just appear again during lunch," she finished a little desperately, trying to convince herself of what she just said, but feeling slight doubt.

Walking into the classroom Sakura, Syaoran and Tomoyo headed to their respective places, each trying to convince themselves nothing was wrong with Eriol, although all had a foreboding sense of doubt.

By lunch time, Tomoyo was reduced to pacing around the dining room whilst Sakura and Syaoran tried to eat whilst comforting her,

"Tomoyo, you've got to eat something." Said Sakura glancing at Tomoyo's still full plate.

Tomoyo ignored her meal in her empty place and carried on pacing.

"Tomoyo, Eriol'll be fine, he's a sorcerer!" said Syaoran, "now eat!"

Tomoyo didn't stop pacing but replied,

"I know something's wrong, I can feel it."

Syaoran sighed and said,

"Why don't you go and check on him?"

"Yeah," continued Sakura, relenting as well, "why don't you go and make sure Eriol's okay, we'll say you were ill and decided to go home or something."

Tomoyo stopped pacing and turned to her friends looking relieved,

"Arigato[1]! I'll see you after school 'k?" she said running out.

Tomoyo walked up to the double doors at Eriol's mansion and steeled herself, why did those stupid doors have to look so intimidating? Before she could raise her hand to even knock, the door flew open to reveal a stressed and worried Nakaru, she threw herself at Tomoyo,

"Tomoyo, something's wrong with Eriol-sama!" she cried,

"What happened?" Tomoyo asked, dropping to her knees to comfort the distraught guardian.

"Eriol-sama won't wake up," Nakaru replied, a worried frown marred her features.

Tomoyo paled considerably, he can't be- she firmly shook her head to clear herself of such thoughts, he's not dead, she thought to herself.

"Take me to him Nakaru," she said.

Tomoyo went into a daze as she was pulled through various corridors and stairs, at last the pair arrived at Eriol's room. Pushing it open Tomoyo saw an extremely worried Spinel Sun trying desperately to wake his master. Tomoyo walked up to Eriol's bed and dropped to her knees at his bedside looking at him with tear filled, amethyst eyes.

Eriol lay flat on his back, breathing evenly like he was peacefully sleeping, however his features where marred by a painful frown, he was sickly pale and sweating.

Sakura and Syaoran had just sat down to afternoon classes when their classroom door was wrenched open and a secretary walked in,

"Could I please talk to a Sakura Kinomoto and Syaoran Li please," she said. (A/N: remember they're in England so first names are said before surnames.)

Sakura and Syaoran glanced at each other worriedly but obediently followed the woman into the corridor,

"Whats wrong?" Syaoran asked the secretary.

"We just got a call from a Nakaru, Eriol's legal guardian, saying he's ill at the local hospital.

Without so much as another word to the secretary Sakura and Syaoran both dashed out of school and headed towards the hospital.

At the hospital they the pair were met with Naraku and Spinel who was hidden in her coat pocket. Without a word she gestured the two of them towards a window, they looked in to see Eriol lying in a hospital bed the white of the sheets making him look even paler. Tomoyo was sitting at his bedside looking worried and extremely pale.

"The human healer said his body had just shut down," said Naraku bitterly.

"As if they know anything, magic is what's trapping Eriol in this state," muttered Syaoran noticing at black aura outlining Eriol's blue one which was currently struggling to overpower the offending aura. Syaoran looked to side at Sakura who turned and looked at him seriously asking the question on all of their minds,

"Whose aura is that?"

Tomoyo watched Eriol's face contort slightly in pain, tears ran down her pale face as her hand tightened on Eriol's.

"Please be ok Eriol, you have to wake up." She stopped looking for any reaction from Eriol.

More tears ran down as she saw none, she continued,

"If you don't wake up, I don't know what I'll do," she leaned closer to Eriol's ear, "'Cause I think I've fallen in love with you." she whispered.

Eriol heard the last of Tomoyo's words as he let the darkness take him, don't worry Tomoyo, I'll come back, I'm a fast healer remember?

At the window Sakura wept openly in Syaoran's arms. He tightened his arms around her trembling body his amber eyes taking on an angry feral look, like the wolf he was named after, whoever did this Sakura, I'll kill them, they hurt my friends and most of all they hurt you, no one should make you cry Sakura, you're to pretty to be in tears. He thought to himself.

Tomoyo glanced at Eriol, she looked at their finger intertwined, His pale fingers were laced with her own slender ones, she lifted their hands and pressed her lips to his knuckles,

"Please wake up Eriol," she murmured.

~~~

A/N:

Foxtails: All that waff. I wrote that?

Yuriko: Who else could've?

Foxtails: I know, I know, not a lot of S+S but they've got a BIG scene coming up so I balancing I with some E+T first. I'll be back soon with more updates.

Yuriko: Oh and since Fox is starting school again, updates will be coming a bit slower, say a chapter every one or two weeks.

Foxtails: N'ways Ja ne for now peeps! I love you all! Thanks for all the kind comments and support!

[1] Arigato means thank you, okay so you can't technically just run out of a school in England (trust me, I go to one) and get away with it, but hey this is an AU ^^