Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Where Love Blooms ❯ The Ice Maiden ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is getting depressing, I don't own CCS only the plot. Why must you people rub it in? * wails *You know I don't own it!

A/N:

Foxtails: Yare, yare, I know the last chapter was kinda short but I was busy! Anyways new chapter coming up!

Yuriko: You sound better.

Foxtails: Of course, I just had Pocky. * starts to type at an insanely fast pace *

Yuriko: o.O'

Where Love Blooms- The Ice Maiden

You see what you've done to your friends Sakura?

You wouldn't give me what I wanted,

So I'll take away those you love most.

Till you give me what is mine.

Sakura shot up into a sitting position from her bed, cold sweat was running down her face. Stupid dream, what did mean? Sakura pushed away the covers, suddenly her room seemed to small, she stood up and raced to the bathroom.

"What the hell did that dream mean? What have I taken from anybody?" she mumbled to herself.

She was jerked rather unceremoniously out of her reverie when the phone rang, she walked out of the bathroom past Tomoyo's room, taking a quick glance in she confirmed Tomoyo still hadn't moved. Sakura sighed, Eriol had better get well soon, Tomoyo was turning into a mindless statue without him.

"Hai[1]?" Sakura asked distractedly as she picked up the phone.

If someone was rude enough to call at four in the morning, she wasn't going to go through with pleasantries.

"Sakura?" Touya's voice.

"Touya? What is it?" she asked.

"Tousan[2] is in hospital." Touya repiled.

The phone slipped from Sakura's grasp and dropped with a thump to the floor, her dream came rushing back to her,

I'll take away those you love most…

"Sakura? Sakura!" Yelled Touya from the phone.

Sakura mindlessly hung up before rushing back to her room and picking Kero out from his drawer,

"Kero," she said as she shook the guardian beast.

"Mmph?" grumbled Kero sleepily.

"Kero," said Sakura a little more desperately as she shook harder." I had a dream!"

"A dream?" asked Kero groggily.

"Someone's targeting my friends and family!"

Kero shot up,

"Nani[3]!?"

Sakura sat down and miserably explained the situation to Kero.

"Hm," Kero pondered tapping his chin (A/N: Kawaii! A chibi Kero tapping his chin!) "You sure you haven't taken anything from anyone?"

"I'm sure,"

"Well I think maybe you should just lay low for awhile-"

"But then whoever it is will keep attacking my friends!" protested Sakura.

"Sakura, let me finish, you should lay low and let whoever it is attack who it wants, it's unlikely whoever it is will kill your friends unless you use the cards, every magical being knows what power the cards hold. Hopefully whoever it is will get frustrated and confront you. Until then there's not too much you can do."

Sakura looked reluctant but nodded, biting her lip worriedly. Hearing yelling somewhere, Kero cocked his head to one side looking adorably confused,

"Sakura did you leave the phone or something, I can hear static yelling."

Sakura blanched,

"The phone bill!" she yelled as she ran down the stairs thinking about how much she would to pay for the long distance call. Kero sweatdropped.

"Tomoyo?" Sakura asked knocking on the door.

No answer.

Sakura knocked louder,

"Tomoyo, school!" she said stepping into the room, took a look at Tomoyo, screamed and ran out again.

She ran towards the phone and dialled,

"Moshi moshi, Syaoran." answered the phone.

"Syaoran, something's happened to Tomoyo!" she said tears misting her eyes.

Syaoran felt his heart crack as he could just feel tears well up in Sakura's eye.

"I'll be right over Sakura," he said before hanging up. "This is getting serious." He muttered before picking the phone up again to report that Eriol, Tomoyo, Sakura and he were sick. Again.

Sakura walked back up the stairs and walked to Tomoyo's room with Kero following her closely. She opened the door and looked at Tomoyo, eye awash with worry for her friend, her friend was frozen on the spot.

The raven haired girl was facing the window holding the purple rose Eriol had given her, what was worrying was the fact that her eyes where sad and hollow. She looked like the perfect mannequin.

What was freaky was the fact that Tomoyo seemed to be incased in ice crystals, Sakura warily walked up to her friend and placed a hand on the crystals, not ice, crystal…

"Don't worry Sakura," comforted the sun guardian, "she's just frozen in Time, it'll be OK."

Sakura nodded although she could feel a tear running down her cheek.

Syaoran ran up the steps to Sakura and Tomoyo's apartment, he reached up on his tiptoes to feel the top of the door frame,

"Where is it?" he mumbled before hitting a solid object.

He triumphantly pulled down the spare key and inserted it into the lock. Without a second thought he ran in, the door slamming behind him. He rushed up the stairs and to Tomoyo's room where he could feel dark magic, he opened the door and was immediately greeted with the sight of Sakura in tears with the stuffed toy trying to comfort her. The key that he was still holding slipped through his fingers as he rushed up to Sakura and knelt beside her comforting her.

"Sh, it's ok, it's ok." He said as he rubbed her back comfortingly.

Sakura sobbed into his shirt, Syaoran looked over Sakura's shoulder to see a crystal incased Tomoyo. His eyes narrowed as he saw the same black aura that had attacked Eriol surrounding Tomoyo. Once again seeming to eat away at Tomoyo's already small human, violet aura. (A/N: I don't care if she really has an aura or not, but I say she does, in my stories everyone has auras, humans just have itty bitty ones.)

He looked at Kero who tensed ready to fight, but relaxed when he saw that Syaoran wasn't looking for a fight. Syaoran looked at the crystal surrounding Tomoyo before looking questioningly at the sun guardian. Kero mouthed,

"Freezing spell," before floating out of the room to give Sakura and Syaoran some privacy.

"It isn't so bad," Sayoran comforted, "listen, why don't we go Eriol's mansion, he has an enormous library, there's probably a spell in there to reverse it."

Sakura looked at him, hope in her eyes.

"You're sure?"

"There's a chance," he said a little guiltily, he was telling half-truths.

True, there was a chance that they might find the reversing spell, but most of Eriol's books were on lighter magic, concentrating on how to make spells, not reversing them. Then there was also the fact that most of Eriol's magic books where in an ancient language, which the sorcerer had only taught Sakura a little of, Syaoran himself only knew what he did because he was taught by an elder at his clan, however the old man had died after teaching Syaoran little more than simple spells.

This spell-researching thing could take a long time, and he was not one for patience, but the way that Sakura was looking at him… emerald gems filled with hope. How was he supposed to refuse.

He stood up and extended a hand to Sakura, pulling her up,

"There's always a chance," he said, "let's go start right away."

He pulled her down the stairs and towards the door. As they passed Sakura's room, Kero looked up. Syaoran mouthed,

"Look after Tomoyo."

Kero nodded quietly and quietly flew back to Tomoyo's room to watch over the mistresses' best friend.

As the walked down the street towards Eriol's mansion, Sakura slipped her hand into Syaoran's, kissed his cheek and muttered a 'Thank-you' before leaning her head on his shoulder.

Syaoran blushed but tightened his hand around Sakura's and muttered,

"It's ok."

~~~

A/N:

Foxtails: Thank God, this horrendous week is over, I HATE grade nine and I've only been back to school for three days!

Yuriko: Depressed?

Foxtails: Yeah, and to make it worse you aren't inspiring. I need lots of Pocky to cheer me. * Goes to look for lotsa Pocky *

[1] Hai means yes

[2] Tousan means father

[3] Nani means what?