Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Where Love Blooms ❯ A Wolf's Worries ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Ok, with the lawyer bound and gagged, I can say I own CCS, but seriously NO, I don't own. So no sueing.

A/N: I'm so glad it's the summer holidays, it gives me more time to update.

Foxtails: Wow, already onto the sixth chapter. Thanks for all the reviews peeps, you don't know how much you guys inspire me to write, unlike some people.

Yuriko: * yawns * Hey, I'm just an imaginary muse remember? A figment of your way to active imagination.

Foxtails: * eyes take insane gleam * That's right and since you're imagination I can get rid of you just as easily.

Yuriko: Crap…* runs *

Foxtails: Come back! * chases Yuriko *

Where Love Blooms- A Wolf's worries

Tomoyo frowned and raised her head annoyed at the insistent tapping on the door. Glancing round she that she had fallen asleep in the kitchen.

"Crap, that's the last time I fall asleep on the kitchen counter, my neck." Massaging her neck Tomoyo walked into the corridor to see Sakura at the top of the stairs coming down to answer the door.

"Get back to your room and Sleep!" she ordered.

"But-"

"No buts"

"The door…"

"Now." Said Tomoyo firmly.

Sakura obeyed whilst Tomoyo headed for the door. She opened the door to see one sopping wet Syaoran standing in the rain on the doorstep. When did it start raining… she pondered vaguely. She snapped out her reverie when she noticed Syaoran looking at her oddly.

"Heh, gomen[1] can I help you Syaoran?" she asked.

"Uh, how is Sakura?" he asked nervously.

Tomoyo smothered the sudden urge to smirk, instead she smiled and said,

"She's upstairs, why don't you see for yourself? I'll go make tea." She stepped back to let Syaoran in.

Syaoran shrugged off his coat and politely took the towel Tomoyo seemed to gotten from nowhere. While Tomoyo walked into the kitchen, Syaoran walked up the stirs towelling himself dry at the same time. He stopped nervously in front of Sakura's door, well he assumed it was Sakura's door considering the fact it had sign saying Sakura in kanji with a border of cherry blossoms. He rolled his eyes and knocked lightly.

Sakura sat up as she heard a knock on her door,

"Come in she said." She said.

The door opened and in walked Syaoran looking nervous. Sakura blushed, she was in pink pyjamas with used tissues littered all around her and a few comic books lay riffled through on her bed.

"S-syaoran," she said smiling, embarrassed.

Syaoran was having his own problems, Sakura looked so sweet in pink pyjamas with a few strands of honey coloured hair astray, blushing slightly. Blushing? Must be fever thought Syaoran desperately pushing back the other reason why she might be blushing. He frowned and stalked over to the bed.

"Syaoran, what's the matter?" Sakura asked oddly.

Syaoran merely ignored her and placed a hand on her forehead to check her tempreture.

"Daijabou [2]?" he asked.

"Aa, I'm fine." Sakura replied blushing even more.

"Are you sure," frowned Syaoran, "you look like you have a fever."

"Ah, hai [3], hai [4], I'm fine."

Syaoran removed his hand sat down on the chair next to her bed.

"Syaoran, if I'm ill how will I train?" asked Sakura feeling guilty that Syaoran had traveled all the way to England to help only she was ill.

"We can do a bit of theory work until you can train again I suppose." Syaoran mused.

Just then Tomoyo walked in with a steaming pot of chinese tea (A/N: Japanese tea? Take your pick, I've always thought they tasted the same, or are they the same?)

Syaoran silently accepted his tea and drank quietly, the tension settling into the room. Tomoyo coughed,

"Well I uh, had better wash the dishes," she announced.

"Um, I have t get going myself." Said Syaoran glancing at the clock which showed 11:54pm

As Tomoyo picked up the tray of tea and left, Syaoran picked up the now damp towel and disappeared momentarily to drop the towel into the laundry. When he came back he was already wearing his now dry jacket.

"Syaonara [6] Syaoran." Said Sakura staring at the blanket.

Purely out on instinct Syaoran reached out and propped Sakura's chin back up before dropping a light kiss on her cheek. Sakura's eyes widened. Syaoran pulled back, red staining his cheeks.

"Oyasuminasai.[7]" muttered Syaoran before hastily retreating out of the room.

Tomoyo walked back upstairs after seeing Syaoran out of the door. He was looking very flushed…I hope he didn't catch a fever from the rain thought Tomoyo. As she went to check on Sakura before retreating to her own room Tomoyo poked her head into Sakura's room to make sure she was ok, only to find Sakura looking flushed with a glazed look in her eyes.

"Sakura?"

No answer apart from a light nod. Tomoyo shrugged and headed back to her room.

Syaoran walked hurriedly hoping the rain wouldn't start again. He spashed through a puddle thinking as he walked. The blush having still not cleared from his cheeks. What the hell did I do? Walking up to his door he jammed the key in and turned the lock. Why did I kiss her? He pelted down the corridor and into the bedroom. Why did it feel so right? He flopped onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. After running the scene over a few times in his head and unable to think anymore Syaoran fell asleep, damp clothes and all.

Meanwhile the Sakura was still sitting in bed replaying the scene mentally, Syaoran tilting her head up and kissing her cheek. She blushed everytime she thought about it. Sakura gave a start as she felt a hand on her forehead.

"Tomoyo!"

"Sakura you look like you have a fever."

"I don't!" retorted Sakura "This only happens when Syaoran is around or when I'm thinking about him-oops." Sakura stopped short at her outburst.

"In that case shall I leave you to dream of him then." Tomoyo resisted the overwhelming urge to jump up and squeal.

"Way to go Sakura." She muttered as she closed the door behind her and went back to her own room.

Sakura hung her head, a heavy blush crossing her cheeks,

"What have I done? I've literally spelled out that I like Syaoran, when did that happen? I thought he was just my 'teacher'."

Sakura gave up and went back to her earlier thoughts on the kiss. She blushed again before deciding she had liked it.

"Well it was sweet," she muttered to herself.

"What was?" asked Kero climbing into the window.

"Wha!? I forgot you were here Kero."

Kero huffed,

"Sakura…" whined Kero, "What were you talking about?"

Sakura felt the blood rising to her face again, she decided she hated blood.

"Nothing Kero."

"But-"

"Go to sleep Kero."

"What-"

"There's pudding downstairs on the kitchen counter Kero." Said Sakura pulling the blankets over herself.

"Wai! Pudding!" with that Kero shot downstairs, effectively forgetting Sakura.

Sakura smiled, I think I like Syaoran's kisses…she thought to herself. With that she fell asleep, a sweet smile plastered on her face.

However while Tomoyo, Syaoran and Sakura slept, at a mansion, Eriol was still awake, seemingly conversing with an empty room.

"Really? My cute little descendant kissed the card mistress?" he said.

There was no answer, but Eriol must've heard one because he replied,

"Only her cheek? Shame…"

There was a knock on his door and Nakaru stepped in.

"Aren't you going to go to sleep Eriol-sama?" she asked blearily.

"In a moment Nakaru, I'm talking here."

"Huh? With who?"

In the fireplace the flames crackled and flared for a moment and the silhouette of a boy could be seen briefly. Understanding dawned on Nakaru's face.

"Ah, Hoilong." She acknowledged nodding her head faintly to where she last saw Hoilong's image. "Very well Eriol-sama, goodnight."

She left and Eriol turned back to the fire,

"It's a good thing they were too nervous to notice the energy you were giving off Hoilong."

Silence.

"I suppose you using up all your energy awakening Sakura's memories helped as well…"

And so it went on, Eriol speaking to a spirit which no one else but him could seem to see. After an hour or so of this odd, one sided conversation, Eriol left and returned to his own bedroom. He pulled the blankets up and smirked one last time at the ceiling.

"Oyasuminasai." He said to on one in particular before rolling over to sleep.

~~~~~

A/N:

Foxtails:Wah! This is such a sweet chapter! I think it's my favourite yet! ^.^

Yuriko: * muttering about treatment of muses *

Foxtails: You shut up. * closes her eyes and thinks for a moment *

Yuriko: * Is suddenly bound and gagged *

Foxtails: Anyways, Review! Review! Review! You don't know how much you guys inspire me!

[1] Gomen means sorry.

[2] I think I've spelt it wrong, well either way daijabou means are you ok?

[3]Hai means yes.

[4]You should know -.-'

[5]Iie means no.

[6]Sayonara is good bye.

[7]Oyasuminasai is goodnight.