Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Yume no Tsubasa ni Notte ❯ A Brother's Love ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yume no Tsubasa ni Notte
Riding the Wings of Dreams
A Cardcaptor Sakura story
Chapter Three: A Brother's Love
By: Echan
Disclaimer: Umm... you all should know by now who the REAL owners are- Kodansha, CLAMP: the friggin' whole nine yards. ^^ The story centers around the time a little after the second movie. Anywho, this is my second CCS ficclet, so many reviews are welcomed except for flames. More reviews, please?!! Kero-chan's getting hungry!













*+*+*+*+


Darkness was all over the place. Not a single beam of light shone in the black and it was making Sakura scared. She started jogging, looking for an escape route. A low, cold, and cruel laugh echoed around Sakura, making the floor vibrate horribly and causing the Card Mistress to stumble and fall hard on her knees, causing white cherry blossoms to burst out from underneath her like broken glass, transforming slowly, and splattering against her skin in bright ruby droplets of blood. Crying out in horror and pain, Sakura saw something move towards her, crinsom red and uninviting. The creature cackled louder, and louder, reaching for her with a clawed hand. It wrapped around her neck tightly, strangling her. Air! She needed air! Sakura's eyes widened and grew solid, croaks of cries escaping her crushed throat. " Syaoran-!!!"


Screaming in her slumber, Touya, Tomoyo, Yukito and Kero-chan flew to the couch at the sudden sound. " Sakura-chan?!! Doushita!!?," screamed Tomoyo, embracing her cousin tightly, tears swimming in her sapphire eyes. The girl in her arms settled at the cry, her chest heaving up and down. Once she was laid back on the garnet cusions of the couch, Sakura's eyes fluttered open slowly, as if trying to gain a certian composure and to sill the rapid beating of her heart, the blood pounding in her head horribly. Her face was peculiar pale and she looked sick. Touya moved down near his sister, brushing his hand on her forehead lightly, worriment written on his face and dark eyes. " Onee-chan... talk to me, onegai...?" Those emerald orbs looked at his face, solid at first, then they brimmed with sudden tears. Sakura then launched herself into his arms, sobbing, as Yukito, Kero-chan, and Tomoyo looked on, quiet and sadden.


Touya held his little sister close, burying his face in her sweet hair, clenching his eyes together tightly, his grasp on her tightening. " Sakura... tell me what happened, alright?" She nodded in his shoulder and lifted her bright pink face, sniffling. " It was awful..." Touya looked at Yukito, his face blank and upset. The pale boy then stiffened and closed his eyes, allowing another form take over his body in pure, radiant white light. From that appeared Yue, the Moon Guardian of Sakura. He opened his amythest eyes and stretched his wings, and folded them back. " Let me talk to my mistress," he ordered gently, staring at Touya. He gave a curt nod and allowed the pale guardian to see his sister. Kneeling, Yue placed a hand on Sakura's face, making her look into his eyes. The two stared at each other for the longest time until Yue understood what had happened. " Mistress, I want you to go to sleep again, alright? But by my magic." Sakura nodded and reached for Kero-chan.


The little Clow beast flew to Sakura and snuggled up against her for comfort. Yue closed his eyes and pressed both hands on the sides of her face, pale blue magic wrapping around her head, sparkles falling into her eyes and face. Sakura's eyes lowered and then closed, her fine breathing echoing lightly in the room. Yue then turned his attention to Touya. " I would like to speak to you in private. Daidouji-sama, please make us some tea, if you don't mind?," he asked, looking at Tomoyo. She nodded and scampered off into the kitchen. Touya and Yue went to his bedroom and Touya closed the door. " Okay, tell me what's wrong with her?," he demanded, brown eyes serious. Yue crossed his arms over his broad chest loosely, flipping back some white hair from off his shoulders.


" This much I can tell you, To-ya: what Mistress saw was anything beyond the Clow Reed's imagination and skills. Clow Reed could only summon cards and use them against evil. Not apocalypse evil. I cannot even explain it myself and I worry. Not for her magic, but for Mistress's health. Her heart aches for the one she loves," he murmured, turning his attention to the window. Sakura's birthday was on April the first and Yue feared that something beyond his magic could handle, even Kerberos, could happen. Yue seemed much in deep thought that he didn't feel Touya place a hand on his shoulder. " Domo arigatou... for helping Sakura in the living room," Touya said quietly. The winged-guardian simply shrugged and continued to look out the window. " I did it because it is my duty as her protector."


Yue was quiet until he felt a pair of hands on his face, turning the finely, shaped head towards Touya's oak brown gaze, his amythest slamming into those dark pools. " Koko no kurashi wa, tsurai ka? Being with her?," asked Touya lowly, slightly tilting his head to one side. A tiny, huey blush crept over Yue's pale face and he lowered his gaze to the floor, feeling rather embarassed. " Go, go-buji desu," he said finally. The hands pressed lovingly against his cheeks and Touya's thumb caressed his left one soothingly. " I'm glad that you are watching over her... when I can't."


The moon-guardian lifted his head up, surprised at Touya's words, but mainly of the small, chaste kiss the the tall boy gave him on the lips, flowing over him like a gentle fire melding into his lips. " T-Touya-kun?," murmured Yue, in a daze as Touya parted from him, the blush growing. He simply shrugged and grinned some. " A appreciation gift, I would say... come back downstairs. I need you to come back at midnight and check up on her. Usually in these kind of situatuion in the movies and books, mysterious things happen around that time," mused Touya, walking to the door. Yue nodded in agreement. Then, a tinkle of fine china breaking was heard from downstairs.


" Touya-kun!!! Douzo, hayaku shina yo!," screeched Tomoyo's voice from downstairs in horror. Both boys stumbled down the stairs, fear flying in their chests. From Touya's angle, he could see a sobbing Tomoyo and a grief-stricken face Kero-chan, hovering above Sakura. " Touya-san, mi nasai...," he said hoarsely. The boy walked to his slumbering sister, only to blanch and stare at Sakura's neck. It was a sudden red color and scrapes of fingernails shone of the flesh, causing Touya's face to darken with anger. Yue had transformed back into Yukito and tried to sooth the crying Tomoyo. " Shizumare... shizumari tamae...," he asked in a gentle, soft voice, then looked at his koi, a bit frightened at the face. " Kono you na mono o mita koto wa arimasen ka?," Yukito questioned, pointing to Sakura's neck. " Iie... and I'm going to kill that son of a bitch who did this to her," he growled threateningly, hands clenched at his sides.
***


" Are you sure you want to do this, Xiao-Lang?"

" Hai."

" You know, your sisters will be disappointed... but I suppose this is for the best," Irean said finally, watching her son finish his packing in the doorway of his bedroom. Xiao-Lang placed the last item in his bag- the pink teddy bear that Sakura had made for him in fourth grade. His face sombered a bit as he stroked the bear's arm and Irean saw this. She smiled a bit and walked to her son, kneeling before him. " Xiao-Lang, whatever happens, you must protect the one you love from this evil that haunts her. Sakura is strong, but you must guide her along the way to stop it. The power of the Li Clan and Clow Reed will always be there for you... and I will be too," she finished, smiling fully at Xiao-Lang, her eyes shinning with pride.


Xiao-Lang nodded curtly, but softened up and embraced Irean fully, holding her close to him. " Mochan... ng-ngoh ngoi nei," he whispered in her ebony hair, the scent of wild jasmine and lilies filling her nostrils. " And I you, my son..."
***


Running towards him in the airport station, screaming joyfully, " NEI HOU, Xiao-Lang!!!," was Li Meiling, Xiao-Lang's cousin, wearing a dark violet blouse with a caramel-colored skirt and matching belt, violet sandals on her feet and light periwinkle ribbons around her buns in her shinning black hair. Since her last visit to Tomodea, Meiling learned a while back of Sakura and Xiao-Lang's love for another and accepted this, knowing that it wouldn't be just quite right if she and her beloved cousin was married. " So, Xiao-Lang, we're going back to Tomodea! I hope Sakura-chan is alright...," she mused to herself, gripping her red-violet shoulder bag. Xiao-Lang turned his amber eyes to Meiling's ruby ones, narrowed. " Meiling, I want you to not be too loud around Sakura when we get there... and don't make a nusiance of yourself."

" I never have!!!"


" That's a lie."

" Xiiiioooaaa-Laaaaaaannnngggg....!!!," whinned Meiling loudly. " Itai!," shouted the fustrated boy, clamping his hands over his ears, gritting his teeth. The entergetic girl laughed happily and embraced her cousn tightly. " I promise I won't. But I want you to be careful with whatever goes on," she said slightly mournfully, hands on his shoulders. Xiao-Lang and her stared at one another, as if passing something special between them. A bond that neither one had broke and tended to keep. Smiling slightly, Xiao-Lang nodded his head and Meiling grinned. Both made their way to the dock with Wang, their butler and care-taker, each child eagerly awaiting to see that bustrious little town of Tomodea in Japan.


' Sakura... I-I'm coming to you... don't worry.'
***


Back at home, Sakura turned over on her side, sighing blissfully as she slept on. Tomoyo watched this and gave a sad-smile to her, holding her teacup. Kero-chan sat near the window, a paw holding up his chin as he thought to himself, after sipping some camole tea. " Well, Kero-chan, figure anything out?," asked Touya, recalling from what Yue told the Clow Beast. " It's a a blur to me... I remember Clow Reed telling both of us something that if the time came when one of his blood was in trouble with a darker magic and source, that training should start and that the next level of power should be awoken in the depths of their heart and soul, pouring all of what they knew into that power to make it grow and level up both the Clow Cards and the ancient magic Clow Reed praticed with. Sakura has part of it while Li-kun has the rest. Sakura's is more powerful that Li's, but as a direct descenant, Li-kun has an advantage that could go up to Sakura's level if he tried hard enough. And his aura tells me that he had been practicing with his mother very hard." Kero-chan turned and floated to the air, wings lazily flapping. " Of course, I have discovered something that could be useful... Tomoyo actually has magic in her."


The gray-haired girl blinked, her mouth forming a perfect little 'o' in surprisment. " I-I d-d-do?," she stammered, placing down her teacup while looking at Kero-chan the whole time in disbelief. " Hai, but it's resource and main course is to heal, not fight. That is not your purpose, but you get to help if one of us is injured. It's going to take awhile to awaken yours, but it should work with a little bit of hope and training," Kero-chan said importantly, crossing his arms over his little chest. Tomoyo looked happy and a bit dazed. " Wow... I have magical powers...! Oh, demo, what about Meiling-chan?," she asked. " Uuuhhh- I'm not sure about her yet," said Kero-chan, tapping a finger to his face, one eyebrow narrowed in thought, the other raised.


" So, basically, this... 'evil' is beyond what my little sister can handle, but she's going to do it either way?," implored Touya. " It is as her duty as the Clow Mistress to protect her loved ones and the people on this planet," Kero-chan said matter-of-factly. " Without her, the Cards could still be out, making total chaos and no one brave enough could stop them!"


" Nani? What's going on?," asked a sleeply voice.


All heads turned to Sakura, who was sitting up and rubbing her eyes. Touya and Tomoyo both rushed to her side, asking her questions. " Daijoubu!!! Daijoubu... I'll be okay...," she assured them, smiling. Kero-chan landed on her shoulder. " So, Sakura-chan, how do you feel about training?"


" Hoooeeee?!?!!"


Touya laughed at her expression and smiled down at her as she listened to Kero-chan's information that he gave the others. Whatever would happen, Touya would make sure that nothing would happen to Sakura. ' No matter what... I'll be there for her. And that's a promise,' he said to himself, embracing Sakura around the shoulder. She smiled up at him and leaned in on the embrace, contented.














Well, aren't these chapters just coming up?! I hope ya'll are enjoying them. ^^
- Echan ^_~