Case Closed Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Mezumi Detectives ❯ A False Reward ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer's on the 1st chapter. Each chapter is a new mystery unless notified. Names and dates in the story are random. Please forgive me if anything's inaccurate.


On Sunday, the young detectives did nothing but sleep in. That is, they would still be sleeping if not for a certain phone call. Serenity decided to answer, although the fatigue restricted her to answer with her usual perkiness. "Hello?" "Hello, this is Chief Therrigos. Is Detective Diane there?" "Yes, one moment please. Diane, get the phone." Serenity strained to give it to Diane who was in the next bed. Diane barely grasped the receiver and said "Hello?" "Don't tell me you're still asleep at... 12:30 p.m.?" "Yes, it's a Sunday, that's what I do." "Well, I need you to get down to my office right away." "Okay chief. Bye." Diane hung up while struggling to get out of bed. Serenity and Janet were able to sleep at the headquarters on account of their parents leaving for a trip around the world. They were zoologists who were in charge of protecting endangered species. "Girls, get up. We're leaving for the police office now."

They left on a crimson red motorcycle designed by Professer Mezumi. It had a very good engine to race at considerable speed with a side car for Janet and the dogs with seat belts as a safety precaution. Riku was driving, since he's the only one old enough, with Diane and Serenity hanging on behind him. We made it to the office. The room was fairly simple with wooden walls painted white with a few pictures here or there. Riku was the first to speak. "What's the problem Chief Therrigos?" "Mr. Yukimoto needs to see you." "You mean Mr. Yukimoto, the millionaire who lives at an estate near here?" "Yes Janet, the same one. He needs help with something important." The younger detectives rushed over, partly because this was their first real case, and partly because they would actually meet a millionaire in person.

They arrived at a huge, white mansion. Two marble fountains rested on either side of the lawn, the mansion seemed to be four stories high, and the garden was colored with many different plants along with a hedge maze. They walked up to the door and rang the bell. A butler opened the door and answered with a strong english accent. "May I help you?" Diane moved up front and said, "Yes, we're the detectives Mr. Yukimoto wanted to see." Diane handed him a business card with he accepted and inspected. "I see, please wipe your feet before you enter."

The inside was just as amazing as the outside. The stairs had golden railings while expensive pieces of art could be seen around the room. They were soon greeted by a man in a green tuxedo covering a white shirt underneath, a black tie and slacks. He had very stylish glasses and could look to be in his thirties or forties with his black hair and mustache. "I am Mr. Yukimoto, I hired you for a job." Each detective had a chance to shake his hand. "You see, my rival Mr. Hitomi and I made a bet to see who could sell their share of oil first. Whoever won would get a prized possession of the other. I was on the verge of getting a customer when Hitomi came running in showing me a check worth about four million dollars. He told me how he was eyeing my golden tiger statue so I want you to see if that check is genuine. I'd feel foolish if I ever found out he got away with tricking me." Riku responded, "We understand Mr. Yukimoto. We'll make sure Mr. Hitomi is playing fair." With that said, they drove off to Mr. Hitomi's equally beautiful mansion.

Mr. Hitomi was a man in his late twenties. He had a blue suit with sequins sewn in with basically the same black tie and slacks. His light brown hair and greyish-blue eyes were enough to keep Diane in a romantic trance, if only for a second. Diane walked up to him and said, "Mr. Hitomi, Mr. Yukimoto says you showed him a check claiming someone bought your share of oil. I need to see it." "As a matter of fact, I still have it. Here." He handed her a check signed by a Max Tsuda. "Thank you, I might come back after some investigating." They went back to headquarters to do research although no matter what phone book they looked through or what website they searched, there was nobody by that name who even had this kind of money. They rushed back to Mr. Hitomi's mansion only to find out he left for Mr. Yukimoto's place. They had to hurry before it was too late.

They ran to the entrance of the mansion and made it just in the nick of time. "Mr. Yukimoto! The check's fake!" Both men were standing there with Mr. Hitomi having a grim look on his face. "Mr. Hitomi made the name up. This check's worth nothing. Tell me Mr. Hitomi, why did you do it?" He had a glare that would make you lucky looks couldn't kill. "Because, that statue isn't even his! He won it from me in a game of blackjack. He had plans to sell it and I tried to get it back he said he won it fair and square so he could do anything he wants with it. This was the only way I could get it back." Diane almost seemed to pity him but said, "I'm sorry Mr. Hitomi, but you'll have to spend some time in jail for forgery. But I'm sure we'll let Mr. Yukimoto give your statue back." The police came to arrest him while this case was closed. One truth prevails...


So, what do you think? The next chapter won't be coming for a while but I'll manage something. Please review!
Converting /tmp/php68N6NU to /dev/stdout