Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Kudo Duo ❯ chapter #3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey you guys, I still haven't gotten one review and I would appreciate you doing so even if it isn't the ones I want to see, well enjoy the chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3

It wasn't exactly the busiest of days in the Moore apartment, not one case had to be solved in the past three days. But of course Richard didn't mind at all, he saw it as an opportunity to catch up on some not really deserved or needed sleep. Conan sat in front of the TV playing video games, of course it wasn't his favorite coarse of action, Tom was sitting back in the same chair that he slept in, reading a newspaper and Richard (like I said before) was catching up on his sleep on the couch. Rachel was sitting in a chair in the kitchen reading book she bought the other day, Richard woke up.

"Well I think that's enough sleep for now." Richard stood up, grabbed his jacket and headed for the door.

"Where are you going dad?" Rachel asked, looking up from her book.

"To the music store." Richard turned the door knob.

"Oh," Rachel said a bit surprised. "What are you planning on getting?"

"Easy Listening for the Heavy Sleeper." Richard cackled as he left, Rachel, Tom and Conan raised an eyebrow and went back to what they were doing, then the phone range. Conan dropped the game controller, Tom put down his paper, they raced towards the phone, head to head, they held out their hands to grab the phone, but it wasn't there.

"Oh hi Serena!" Rachel held the phone to her ear. Conan and Tom's heads drooped, they walked solemnly back to what they were doing. "So what's up?" There was a pause. "That sounds like fun." Another pause. "Were invited?" Conan and Tom turned to Rachel. "Oh, sure will be there." Conan and Tom smiled, Conan didn't exactly want to go to anything that involved Serena but it was something to do. Tom didn't like the sound of this Serena, but it would get him out of this apartment for a while. "See you." Rachel put the phone down. "Hey guys were going to Serena's family reunion."

"Well if its a family reunion then why are we invited?" Conan asked, turning off the TV and the game console.

"Oh, we'll be their special guests!" Rachel said holding up the peace sign and smiling.

"I'm guessing courtesy of the famous detective Moore?" Tom asked, setting down his newspaper.

"Well. . . . yeah." Rachel put down the peace sign.

"When are we going?" Conan asked.

"Tonight, so I better get ready." Rachel walked down the hall and went into the bathroom, Tom heard the door shut, then he heard the sound of Rachel's muffled voice behind the bathroom door and he thought she said, "Tom. . . . watch. . . . I . . . . take . . . . shower."

"What!?" Tom stood up as a spurt of blood flew from his nose, Rachel opened the door.

"I said watch Conan while I take a shower." Rachel closed the bathroom door again.

"Oh." Tom said as he sat back down. Yeah, Conan thought, your not that lucky brother.

"Tell me why I'm doing this again." Richard said as he drove the car to Serena's grandfather's house, Richard was reluctant to go but one evil glare from Rachel got him into the car.

"Because we were invited as special guests." Rachel said, she wore a kimono that looked quite dashing on her, Richard and Tom wore their normal clothing, and Conan also wore a kimono, but only because of the unstoppable will that is Rachel Moore. Richard supported a giant smile after this statement.

"And we are special guests because of whom?" Richard smiled, no one who had their own sense of pride would answer that. They reached the house, it wasn't relatively big but for an old couple it was oversized. Serena was waiting outside for them. Richard parked the car, and they all got out.

"Hey!" Serena ran forward, grabbed Rachel's hands and whispered in her ear. "Hey who's that?" Serena looked over at Tom.

"Oh, that's Tom," Rachel smiled. "He's Jimmy's brother."

"I didn't know Jimmy had a brother." Serena said surprised.

"We didn't either, he's working for my dad now." Rachel replied.

"Well he may be related to Jimmy," Serena said smiling. "But he sure is cuter than Jimmy." Tom saw her and winked, Serena started blushing like mad. You've got to be kidding me, Conan thought. They walked to the front door, beside the front door in neat rows were shoes and socks. "Oh yeah, m grandpa has weird party's, like make-up less parties, and this no shoe party. Actually when he was young he used have parties like shirtless parties, pant less parties, and others I don't think I would want to mention." They took off their shoes and went inside, everybody was wearing a variety of kimono's, dresses, and suits. But all of them were missing their shoes, a man in a kimono walked up to them.

"Hello, I'm Ichiru Mamono, Serena's uncle on her mother's side," Ichiru said, he put an arm around Serena and pulled her close to him, "and you must be the famous detective Richard Moore!" Ichiru stuck his other hand out to shake Richards hand.

"Yup! That's me!" Richard smiled big and took Ichiru's hand, Rachel, Conan and Tom rolled their eyes. "What a spread!" Richard eyed the table that was holding tons and tons of deserts, snacks, and main courses, he ran over and started eating everything in sight.

"Your dad sure is a unique fellow isn't he?" Ichiru said, he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, well as they say usually the strangest man is the smartest," Rachel said with a smile.

"Since when?" Tom and Conan said. Ichiru hung out with them while more and more guests came to talk to them. Finally an elderly man with a long white beard came up to them.

"Hello, thank you for coming." The elderly man bowed, they bowed back.

"This is my grandfather, Takono Mamono." Serena hugged her grandfather, Richard rejoined them.

"Detective Moore, I've heard all about you, thank you for coming. It is a pleasure to have someone of your status in my house." Takono bowed to Richard, Richard bowed back.

"Well I'm sure anybody would want to have somebody who's status is like mine in their house." Richard said smiling, Takono's eyes went wide at first and then he laughed. Serena walked away from her grandfather and started talking to Tom, after ten minutes of talking and giggling Serena took Tom by the arm and dragged him off to somewhere, he seemed pretty happy.
We maybe in the same family, Conan thought, but we live in different worlds. A man in a black suit and glasses came up to them.

"Takuro! I'm glad you could come." Takono hugged the strange man.

"Hello, I'm Takuro Sakajima," Takuro was able to say once Takono let go of him.

"Hey, I've heard of you! Your the best the lawyer in Tokyo! You haven't lost a single case!" Richard said, Takuro smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I heard that on every legal document you've touched or whatever you have in your home you have your family crest imprinted on it, is it true?"

"Yes its a little quirk of mine, I've been doing it since high school." Takuro kept on smiling. Conan looked at Ichiru, he was the exact opposite of happy, in fact he looked very angry.

"Father can I talk to you?" Ichiru had a strange to his voice, at first Conan couldn't put his finger on it and then he noticed that it was menace. Takono nodded and then lead the way to a room down the hall. Takuro frowned and walked off to mingle with other family members.

"How strange." An elderly woman walked up beside Rachel, "hello, I'm Matoko Mamono and you must be Rachel." Rachel nodded. "And the little one is Conan?" Rachel nodded again. Little one? Conan thought.

"What's strange?" Rachel asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well its just that Takuro and Ichiru grew up together, they've been friends since kindergarten, they took the same classes in high school. They had woodshop and metal shop four years in a row they graduated top of their class. Takuro went to law school and Ichiru came home and honed his craft making skills. But they haven't seen each other in the past five years, I would've thought Ichiru would be happy to see Takuro, so its just strange." Matoko frowned and then smiled, "do you happen to know where Serena is?" Rachel and Conan gulped and then looked at each other.

"Uh, no. But Conan will go look for her." Rachel suggested, Conan's eyes went wide and he was about to retort but then remembered what age he was supposed and that it would look suspicious if he was defiant.

"OK, sure Rachel." Conan forced a smile and then went to the hallway. Oh man, Conan thought, I saw the look in both Serena's and Tom's eyes, I hope I don't find them in an awkward moment. Conan heard someone yelling, he walked to a door that was the source of the yelling and opened it slightly. Inside he saw Ichiru standing in front of a desk, Takono was sitting behind the desk with his eyes closed, listening to his son yell. On the other side of the room was a record player with a row of records in a small nook under it.

"How could you do this dad!?" Ichiru yelled, he was hold a piece of paper in his right hand which he was waving around. "He's not even family!"

"I did it because he is very close to this family," Takono spoke calmly.

"But I'm a real part of this family!" Ichiru yelled, he slammed his hands down on the desk. "He is a friend! Not a real part of this family! I've been waiting for you to pass this on to me for years!" I'd better leave before one of them spots me, Conan thought as he slowly and quietly shut the door.
Conan checked the remaining doors and finally came to the last door, inside Serena and Tom were sitting on a bed. . . . making out. Conan's jaw dropped and his eyes popped open, of course he had expected this but the view of a clone of the older version of himself kissing Serena was just not right. Serena opened one eye and spotted Conan in the doorway, she stopped kissing Tom.

"Conan!" Serena screamed, she straightened herself out, "what are you doing in here?" I could ask you the same question, Conan thought.

"Your Grandma wants to talk to you," Conan said, his eyes went back to normal and so did his jaw.

"Oh, OK." Serena stood up and walked out of the room. Tom followed, but Conan stopped him.

"Here, before you go out there I suggest you use this," Conan pulled a handkerchief out of his kimono. Tom took it and gawked at it for a second, and then he realized that he must of lipstick on him. He quickly wiped away the red shade from his lips.

"Thanks little buddy." Tom found a trash can near the door and threw it in there because he knew Conan wouldn't want to keep it. What's with everybody and the word little today? Conan thought. Conan walked out of the room just when he saw Ichiru, who looked very angry, walk out of Takono's office and through another door. Conan took a few more steps forward and then he saw Takono walk of his office, he looked depressed.

"Oh, Conan," Takono said when he saw Conan standing in the hall. "You just might've saved me a trip, could you go tell my wife that I'll be in my office?" Conan nodded, Takono said thank-you and walked back into his office. Conan walked up to the small group that Serena and Tom had just joined, apparently the conversation was about why Serena's lipstick was smudged, Tom looked very uncomfortable. Conan went up to Matoko and pulled on her kimono a little.

"Oh yes what is it Conan," Matoko said smiling.

"Mr. Mamono wanted me to tell you that he's going to be in his office for a while," Conan replied, Matoko said thank-you and went back to her conversation with Serena. Conan could hear, under the babbling of Serena trying to cover up what she and Tom were doing, music coming from Takono's office, then the music stopped, there was a loud bang like a gun, and then Takono screamed. Everybody stopped talking, Takura started a run towards the office, Richard, Matoko, Rachel, Tom, Serena, and Conan followed him. Takura was standing in the doorway, he was shocked, when Conan got to the door he looked inside to see Takono Mamono sitting down behind his desk with a bullet in his head, dead.