Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Kudo Duo ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey you guys, I've gotten only four reviews so for everyone who reads this please leave a review!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 4
Takono's family members stood rigid as they stared at the dead man sitting in his office chair. Tom was standing behind Conan, he had an arm around Serena who was crying her eyes out, Rachel was standing there aghast at the dreadful sight.

"Rachel call the police!" Richard yelled, Rachel nodded and ran back into the main room. Richard walked into the office and carefully examined the body, the mouth was closed but the eyes were wide open, Richard placed his hand over the eyes and closed them. "Conan weren't you the last one who saw him?"

"Yes, he wanted me to tell Mrs. Mamono that he would be in his office," Conan nodded, by this time Ichiru had come out of the room and was staring at the gaping hole in his father's head.

"Where have you been Ichiru?" Richard asked, he put his hands in his pockets and prepared himself for Ichiru's alibi.

"I've been in my room," Ichiru said, noticing that he might be one of Richards suspects.

"You went to talk Takono only ten minutes before he died," Richard raised an eyebrow. "Now tell me, what did you talk about?"

"That's none of your goddamned business!" Ichiru yelled.

"Ichiru!" Matoko scolded him through tears.

"You were the last one to see Takono besides Conan," Richard took his hands out of his pockets. "Now tell me what did you two talk about?!" Ichiru scowled, Richard scowled right back. Conan looked at the desk and saw the same piece of paper that Ichiru had in his hand earlier. Conan walked over to the desk and reached for the paper, once he had it started reading it, his eyes burst open and then he calmed himself.

"How old was Mr. Mamono?" Conan asked looking up from the piece of paper, "and would you say he was close to death?"

"He was eighty-nine," Matoko replied under sniffles. "Yes, the doctor said that he had only six more months to live." Matoko stopped talking and the realization hit her that she would never be able to spend those last six months with her husband, she started bawling.

"Why what's up Conan?" Rachel had returned from the phone call and was now making her way over to Conan.

"This is Mr. Mamono's will, earlier I saw Ichiru and Mr. Mamono arguing about it," Conan replied, Richard punched Conan on the head and took the paper from him before he could read anymore of it. Inspector Maguire and some policemen had shown up.

"Inspector Maguire!" Richard stood straight, and saluted Maguire with a big smile on his face.

"Who else but Richard Moore do I find at the scene of the crime," the inspector said dully. "So what's happened so far Richard?" Richard relayed the information of the past happenings to inspector Maguire. Let's see, Conan thought, Ichiru has the motive, but the reason is foggy, why would he try and kill his father when he was going to die soon anyway? Conan looked around for any type of clue.

Wait, Conan thought, after the gun shot was heard the music that was playing was turned off, perhaps the killer turned off the music shortly after killing Mr. Mamono but that doesn't make sense. Conan walked over to the record player, before he could reach it there was a sharp pain in the bottom of his foot.

"Ouch!" Conan yelped and picked up his foot.

"What's wrong Conan?" Rachel walked over to Conan and kneeled beside him.

"Damn wood splinters!" Conan yelled angrily.

"Conan!" Rachel slapped Conan upside the head.

"Wood splinters?" Richard said, he walked over to the record player. On the front of it there was a hole about the size of a small bullet, the holed was in direct site of Takono's head. "So it was the record player."

"What was that Richard?" Inspector Maguire turned his attention to Richard, who was inspecting the record player closely. Richard lifted the needle of the record player, the needle was longer than a normal needle and there was a small hole in the record where the needle fell into. Richard stuck a finger into the hole but pulled back because of the intense heat, it was a shaft like the one on a gun.

"The record player is the weapon that the murderer used to kill Takono," Richard stood up straight, everyone gasped. "Matoko where did Takono get the record player?"

"In the mail," Matoko said, she had calmed down only a little. "It didn't say who it was from and there was no address except ours on it." Richard paced the room and then remembered something Matoko said earlier.

"Inspector Maguire arrest that man," Richard said, he pointed a finger at Ichiru.

"What!?" Ichiru yelled, two policemen were already handcuffing him.

"I remember Matoko clearly stating that you came here instead of going to college so that you could hone your wood and metal crafts, also Takono's will states that he was going to leave everything to you once died. In a fit of greed you created the record player weapon and sent it to your father," Richard stuck his hands into his pockets. "In the record player is black powder, a metal shaft like the one on a gun, a missing bullet, and a piece of flint. You must have given the record that is now on the player to your father because there's a hole in it that led down to where the flint was, when extra long needle of the player scraped the flint it created a spark that set off the black powder, the bullet flew down the metal shaft and killed your father, so that you would reap the benefits of his death, take him away." Stunned Ichiru did nothing to protest as the policemen took him away.

"Well," Maguire sighed. "Lets go into the living room and settle down." Everyone nodded and left the scene, two policeman came in and took the body out of the room, the office was empty except for Conan who stood in the middle of the room, thinking. I don't know what it is but, Conan thought and frowned, something's not right. Conan walked over to the desk and stood in the chair, he picked up the will and looked at it. At the bottom of the will was a line where Takono's signature should have been, but it wasn't there. Conan frowned, and picked up a book that was on the side of the desk. On the front of it the book said: Takono Mamono's Memoirs. Conan opened to the first page, it was handwritten, Conan then took the will and placed it next to the first page to match the handwriting.

What?! Conan thought, they don't match! The book and the will had definitely been written by two different people. Which meant that Ichiru had written the will and it was only a proposal, Takono had refused and that's why it wasn't signed! Which also meant that the real will was around here somewhere, Conan started opening the drawers, the top drawer was the one that had the will inside of it. Conan pulled it out and started to read it, his eyes went wide.

Of course! Conan thought, so that's who did it, but how do I pin it on them. Then both Richards and Matoko's words flooded his mind, Conan jumped off of the chair and ran over to the record player. He picked it up off of the stand and turned it over. There it is! Conan yelled in his mind, now to make him pay for his crime. Conan put the record player back and ran into the main room, when he came back Richard was behind him.

"So where's the TV that has my favorite actress Yoko Ono playing on it?" Richard was staring off dreamily.

"Just sit here," Conan said, holding the back of the chair. Richard ran and sat on the desk chair, he smiled. Conan brought out his watch and used the tranquilizer.

"I knew that was going to happen," Richard said sleepily and then passed out. Conan left the room and told everybody in the living room that Richard wanted everyone in the office now. Conan ran ahead of everybody and stood behind the chair that Richard was sleeping in, everyone else filed into the office.

"What's this all about Richard?" Inspector Maguire said.

"I know who the real murderer is," Conan said through his bowtie which was altering his voice to sound like Richard. "It's not Ichiru, the will that states everything to go to Ichiru was not written or signed by Takono Mamono. The real will is in front of me on the desk, Inspector Maguire if you would do the honors." The inspector walked up and grabbed the real will off of the table, he read the contents of it out loud.

"I, Takono Mamono," inspector Maguire began. "After my death will hereby leave all articles such as the five-hundred-thousand dollars in my account, all of my family antiques, the family shrine and the family house I will leave it all Takura Sakajima!" Everyone gasped, Takura stood rigid.

"That's right," Conan said, "but Takura is not only the now the owner of Mr. Mamono's priceless belongings, but he is also guilty of his death."

"How could you say that?! I loved Mamono like a father!" Takura yelled back in retaliation.

"Apparently he felt the same way about you, but Ichiru was his real son," Conan said, "but none of you deserve his respect, you both were a disgrace to the man who died here tonight."

"What do you mean? You hardly no me!" Takura was getting irritated.

"Inspector please turn over the false will." Conan instructed, the inspector did so and was surprised to see even more writing on the back.

"I, Ichiru Mamono," the inspector read the what was on the back. "am to make a deal with Takura Sakajima that if my father Takono Mamono is to die before the due date, I will hand over one-hundred-thousand dollars to Takura. Signed, Ichiru Mamono and Takura Sakajima." The inspector finished the letter.

"You bastard!" Serena started to punch Takura, he became irritated and grabbed her hands. Tom saw this and grabbed Takura by the collar and hauled him up into the air.

"Put him down Tom." Conan said, he had put his head over the desk to see Tom holding Takura up in the air. Tom obliged and put him down.

"That note doesn't prove that I murdered Mr. Mamono," Takura said, straightening his tie.

"No it doesn't, but I know what does." Conan said, "Matoko didn't you say earlier that both Takura and Ichiru took woodshop and metal shop every year of high school?" Matoko nodded, Takura gritted his teeth. "So they both had the ability to create such a record player with their own added features." Takura was scowling. "But the last feature that totally pins your name down as the murderer is your ego." Takura's eyes went wide. "Tom please turn the record player over." Tom walked over to the record player, picked it up and turned it over, on the bottom of the record player was a crest, a family crest. "That ladies and gentleman is the Sakajima family crest." Two policemen came up, handcuffed Takura and took him out of the room.

About ten minutes afterwards, Richard had woken up and was once again being congratulated for a case he didn't even know he solved. Tom kissed Serena goodbye and she went inside to go to bed.

"Hey Conan," Tom came up to Conan who was standing by the car. "Lets talk." Oh great, Conan thought, he's going to talk to me about seeing him and Serena together.

"Look Tom," Conan said, "I don't want to talk about catching you and Serena kissing."

"Now now Jimmy," Tom said, Conan stood rigid at the mention of his real name. "That's not what I wanted to talk to you about at all."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ok ay, so we finally get down to business concerning Jimmy's brother. I was going to wait a few chapters but because of the lack of reviews I'm going to get straight to the point. please Review