Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin88@hotmail.com

Anime: Detective Conan

Chapter 8 and the last chapter of this fanfiction

Type: Romance & Drama

Disclaimer: Detective Conan is owned by Gosho Aoyama.

A/N: I want to thank my dear friend Kitahoshi Hazel for her support and help.


Chapter 8
Conan took his skateboard and set on the turbo. He quickly arrived at the professor's house. He knocked on the door and Ai opened it.

"Shiho have you found anything?".She dragged him inside.She shut the door and casually walked to her computer. Conan patiently waited for her respond. Finally out of the desk she took out a box.

"Yes, I have found the cure at last." Conan stared at the box that Ai held in her hand. "This cure is not just for a while. It will turn you back to who you are forever, Kudo." She continued. "The main thing
is,Do you want to change back and be the once Shinichi Kudo?" She asked, staring at him. Conan was still staring at the box. He felt her stare pierce into him. Slowly he looked up and met her eyes.

"That is who I am." He answered. A tear fell from Shiho's eye.

"B-but for so long you've been Conan. Don't you want to continue with that? We can be happy together. We can go and live somewhere else.Somewhere no one would question our past. We can start from the beginning." She desperately said.

"We can't be so irresponsible Shiho. We can't do that. Ran could be in danger.Everyone could be in danger , and I just can't leave!" He said. Conan walked up to her and hugged her. "But that doesn't mean I don't care for you." He whispered. Ai held him closely , not daring to let him go.Tears fell from
her eyes, down to Conan's shoulder. Soon he pulled her away. Ai opened the box and in the box there were two pills. She took one and gave it to Conan with a glass of water. Conan stared at the pill.

He closed his eyes and put it in his mouth and washed it down with the water. Soon the glass felt to the ground, breaking to thousands of pieces. A fire burned inside him. He felt pain pierce into him. He
fainted. Soon he woke up and found himself much taller and the clothes were torn. But he also found Shiho beside him. Not Ai but
Shiho. He stared at her, not believing what he was seeing.

"Please, give me a mirror." He said, still feeling dizzy. Shiho walked to the bathroom and came back with a mirror. She handed it to him and it reflected himself. He recognised himself as Shinichi again. "I-I am myself again…" He quietly whispered. Shiho lowered her gaze, she could feel the sorrow and the pain inside her but she knew better then to tell him.

"You can go and change and go for her now." She said. Just for a moment Shinichi had forgotten her but when he heard her he felt guilty.

"Shiho, I am sorry." He said, walking up to her and grabbed her hand. "You are the only person I know I can trust. The only who really understands me. I do care for you. But just as a good friend." He finally said. He knew that he had broken her heart but it was for the best.

"Shinichi, I wish you luck and happiness." She said. She forced out a smile but pain and
suffering could be seen in her eyes.

"Thank you," He said.He pulled her in a tight hug and kissed her on the cheek. Pulling away he left
her. When the door shut she could no longer control herself. She fell to her knees and cried. Tears fell
to the floor and her cheeks were flushed. She really loved him. She really did, but he had made his choice and he chose her. Deep down she knew that he would but she just hoped, hoped that there was a place in his heart for her. She knew that this would happen but she didn't know that it would hurt this much.

Shinichi ran and ran. He tried to catch a taxi but they all just ignored him. His heart started to breathe more quickly , but he kept on running. He truly was happy. He finally could be with her. His one and only love. For so long and for so many suffering times he finally could. He was going to ask her to marry him. He could finally protect her in his true form and not in a child's form. He finally could confess his love for her so she'd understand. He could now see the hospital. He smiled and rushed closer. Running to her room he knocked.


~~Rans point of view.~~
I sat inside my room, gazing out of the window. There on the grass field I could see children running around, playing hide and seek. It really was a wonderful day. A smile was on my lips when I saw them. I just love children. Thinking that one day maybe I'll have kids made me blush. But I wished more that the father to my children was the man of my dreams, the man I've been waiting for. I just wish that he could be by my side and never would leave me again. That he could stay and be with me forever. But I knew that was impossible. Sometimes he did appear but disappeared a moment later, never having the chance to talk or to clear things up.
Burying my face in my hands I couldn't help but to cry. I really miss him. His smile that always made me believe that he one day would keep his promises, his eyes that tells me that he loves me, the way he smelled that made me feel secure. I just miss him so much. Then I heard that someone knock on the door. Surprised and shocked I quickly wiped away the tears. I didn't want anyone to see me cry or they'll just question me and I just don't want to talk to anyone about it right now. Walking up to the mirror I saw my eyes were still red but there was nothing I could do. Someone was really impatient.

"I'm coming" I said. Walking up to the door I unlocked and opened it and guess who I saw? I saw him. I thought I was dreaming or something. He looked exhausted but happy. It was the man I've been waiting for. It was the same brown hair and the same blue eyes that met me. I just stood there staring. It was so much I wanted to tell and so much to apologize. I flung my arms around him and cried. He held me tight, letting me cry out.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Shinichi." I sobbed. He hushed and strokes my back to comfort.
"It's okay, I'm sorry too. I am really sorry." When there were no tears to cry anymore we both sat on the bed. I had my head on his shoulder and he hugged me, still stroking to comfort but more happy that he had me in his arms.

~~Normal p.o.v~~
They both sat there quietly, afraid that this wonderful moment would pass away or disappear. Finally Ran raised her head, facing him. Her arms was around him, not in her life that she'd let go of him now.
His arms were around her waist.
"Shinichi…" She started but he silenced her by leaning forward and kissing her softly on the lips. She was surprised this was her first kiss but closed her eyes and kissed him back If he didn't have his mouth on her's he would have smiled. Breaking the small kiss he whispered:
"Ashiteru, Ran."
Ran opened her eyes and smiled tenderly. "I never thought that you'd say it but I love you too."Hugging him she finally found true happiness.

~~A year later.~~
Shinichi has finally settled down for himself. The black organization got caught with the help of Heiji. After his graduation he was offered a job within the police. He took the offer. Ran was just happy that he was back. He kept on solving cases and went through a lot of dangerous things but it was just who he was and ran just couldn't do anything but to accept it. Shiho recovered from her broken heart but she knew that she couldn't stay in Japan any longer. There was too many things that reminded her of her sister and of Shinichi. She decided to go to England and start fresh. With the new identity: Sophie Watson, she went to London.
From that day they'll never heard from her again but they knew that she didn't want them to know and for the best, forget about her.This night Shinichi and Ran were going out on a date. They both have been so busy with a lot of things so they haven't seen each other. Shinichi wanted to make this day the most important day in his and her life. He took her to a fancy restaurant where his father proposed to his mother. He wore a black tuxedo , he looked very handsome. Ran was properly dressed too. In a beautiful dark red dress she made so many men turn away from their dates just to have a glimpse of this beauty. Shinichi was kind of mad; no one was going to touch his girl. After a wonderful dinner they sat and chatted to a glass of red wine. They had a great time together. Suddenly Shinichi coughed and blushed.
"Now or never." He thought, looking up to his girlfriend who didn't have a clue. Taking her hand he stared into her eyes.
"I love you Ran…" He started and blushed. Ran blushed to but kept silent. "Will you marry me?" He
asked nervously, afraid for a no. Ran squeezed his hand and smiled.
She never looked so happy in her entire life.

"Yes." She answered.