Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ chapter ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Detective Conan

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin88@hotmail.com

Type: Romance & Drama

Disclaimer: Detective Conan doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Gosho Aoyama.

Chapter 7

"Sonoko!" Ran sobbed when she saw her best friend come to visit her in the morning.
"Oh dear Ran. What has happened? Shinichi came and asked me where you were and now you're lying in the hospital crying your heart out and Shinichi is not by your side. Where is that stupid detective anyway?!" Sonoko asked frustrated, hugging her friend.
"He's gone…" Her voice was just going to fail but she tried to hold it steady.
"Tell me everything." Sonoko said and took out a handkerchief. After a few hours later and the tears were dried they sat there silently until Sonoko started to flame up.

"That bastard, how could he?!" She said tightening her fist. "He knew that you loved him
more than anything in the world and he just betrayed you like that!
You almost killed yourself. Why?" She asked desperately. Ran gave out a heavy sigh and stared at the white wall in front of her. Her eyes shone emptiness and sadness but with a steady voice she started to speak.
"There is nothing more to live for. He was the love of my life and I think I can't love anyone else. He was my everything, Sonoko!" Ran explained, staring at her friend with fresh tears emerging. Sonoko went silent for a moment but she shook her best friend.
"You still love him, don't you?" She asked.

Silence.
"Yes, I do." She responded quietly.
"Then go and talk to him!" Sonoko flamed up again. Ran stared surprised at her friend.
"No, I made a promise to myself that I would never see him after this time. Besides , he doesn't love me. He loves another." Ran refused.
"Don't be so stubborn and let go of your pride for once." Sonoko said angrily. "You two were meant to be. It stands written in God's love list. Let him explain and clear things
up for you." She continued. Ran shook her head.
"No." She said firmly.
"Do what you want then but you'll regret that you didn't talk to
him when you're 60 years old." Sonoko said turning around and was prepared to leave.
"Wait…" Ran said. With a triumphant smile Sonoko turned around. Ran's face was hidden by her bangs. "You're right. I will talk to him." She finally said looking out the window.


"Ai, did you find Shinichi yesterday?" The professor asked the little girl.
"Yes, I'm sorry I didn't tell you but you were asleep when I came home." Ai answered calmly. The professor laughed nervously but turned serious again.
"Have things worked out for him and Ran?" He asked. Ai gave the professor a glance but turned to her computer again.
"Ask him yourself, he's coming soon." She answered.
"Good, I need to talk to him anyway. By the way, I've made breakfast for you. Are you coming out to eat?" He asked her kindly. Ai turned of her computer and took off her glasses. Smiling she jumped down from the chair and went to the professor. "That would be
lovely," The professor smiled back and brought out a tray filled with food.
"I hope you'll like it as much as last time." He said and gave her a cup of tea.

Just when they had finished their meal when the doorbell rang. The professor opened the door and a small boy with glasses greeted him. Together they walked in and met Ai.
"Hello Shiho. How are you feeling?" Shinichi asked gently. Shiho gave him a casual look.
"I'm fine Kudo but I bet you're not." she replied. The professor excused himself and walked into the kitchen to wash the dishes. Shiho went to the sofa and sat down but Shinichi stood where he did before.
"Why do you think that?" He asked casually but yet had a tone of seriousness.
"I know you love Ran." She said.
"So? I love her. You know the whole story, Shiho." He replied. Shiho smiled a bitter smile and lowered her gaze.
"Would you please go out and take a walk with me?" She suddenly asked, still not daring to face him. Shinichi nodded and a kindly smile was put to his lips.
They walked to the park and sat on the same bench just like yesterday. The autumn wind played with the small boys hair. He gave a glance at Shiho who was freezing even if she wore a warm jacket.
"Shiho, we could go to the café and grab some hot chocolate if you want." He suggested. But she shook her head, sat down on the bench and made a sign to make him to sit down. Slowly he sat down. Not even noticing what he was doing he put down his glasses in his lap and gave out a sigh. "Shiho, I am sorry for what happened yesterday." He started to speak. For a moment they could only hear the wind playing with the trees but she reacted by embracing him from the side.
Shinichi didn't move away or say anything. He didn't expect any of this but he didn't want to hurt her. In some way he did love her but was it the same love as he had with Ran? He didn't know. Maybe, maybe not. Feelings, emotions and the pain took his breath and his brain away. He was very clever when it came to mysteries and finding the murderer but when it comes to his unsolved case, he can't solve it.
It's too painful and too emotional. He loved Ran; he truly does but what about Shiho? There are so many things he wanted to clear up for himself. Like why did he awaken this feeling for Shiho? Why couldn't he be with Ran? What is he feeling for Shiho? She's a big part of his life and maybe the only person in this whole world who understands him. But was he ready to let go of Ran and love Shiho? Maybe things would be different and easier for everyone. He didn't know. He turned and faced the pale girl and dried her tears. Slowly he broke from her small arms and stared at her. He made her look up to him searching for some kind of sign and met those blue eyes. Maybe he was in a child's body but his eyes belonged to a detective and a teenager. For a moment they stared at each other and even if the wind started to blow really hard, making their hair messy they wouldn't notice. All that matters is to find some kind of clue in each other's soul. Shinichi could see in her eyes her weakness. She was weak deep inside and for many years she had built a wall around her and never let anybody in. Her eyes shone pain and loneliness. She was afraid for being unloved and not cared for. This hurt him so much to see. Shiho broke their eye contact and turned away from him. Her eyes were filled with tears but she closed her eyes, not letting them fall.
"You should go back to Ran." She suddenly said. It shocked him to hear it.
"What do you mean by that?" He bluntly asked.
"You love her and you'll never be able to love anyone else." She replied painfully.
"Shiho…" He whispered. "This is her weak side. She is afraid of being alone…" He thought. When she was prepared to leave, Shinichi stopped her. He grabbed her arm pulling her back into his small arms. "Maybe I do love her but I can feel more than that." He said. Surprised, she looked up.
"Really?" She asked like a child. Shinichi chuckled softly. "You're my best friend." He explained.
"Let's go home." he said.


**Shiho's point of view.**

Shinichi walked me home and then he walked to the hospital to see how Ran was and come up with some lousy lies. I was surprised when he told me those words.' "Maybe I do love her but I can feel more than that."' It shocked me. Did he confess that he maybe could love me

like he loves Ran? I don't know but I want to believe. I want him to love me. Yeah, he told me that I was his best friend but Ran is also his best friend. But I believe that is more than that. He is the only one who has seen my weak side and stood by me and embraced me. He was the only one who had helped me when Vodka and Gin tried to kill me. Even if I don't want to admit it, I am in love. I am in love with Shinichi Kudo. But I am hiding something.

; **recalling**

I was trying to study the cure in the laboratory and I finally came up with it. The professor was already asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. I held it in my hand. Two pills with two destinies. Mine and Shinichi's. I could give him the pill so he could be who he is in his normal form, letting him go to Ran Mouri or I could hide the cure, never give it to him and be with him for the rest of my life. I know I am egoistic but I love him and if I could I would never let him go. To make this decision I need to know how he feels.

&nbs p;**end of recalling**

Now I know. He has feelings for me. I can't be such a jerk. This is not my decision, it's his. Does he want to go back to Ran and marry her or does he want to stay as he is now as Conan and be with me. He needs to choose. And he should choose tomorrow. It's too much today. I need to rest.

; **Shinichi's point of view.**


I made a big mistake by telling Shiho that I could feel more. I mean, yes. I can feel more but not love. I love Ran and I'll always do that. Not anyone or anything can change that. As for Shiho, what I meant by telling her that I can feel more is that I like her. I like her very much. She is the only one who understands my in this 'mess'. I hope she'll understand this. She is very clever through. But that is not my only problem. Ran… She is hurt by now and it's my
entire fault. Why didn't I explain to her? Well, it's not time to blame myself for my mistakes. I need to see her and to talk to her. She is worth an explanation. As for that Shinichi's sudden
disappearing, I don't know how to explain to her. But for the times Shinichi has come and gone she maybe won't question so much."



& nbsp; **Hospital**


A knock could be heard outside one of the hospital-rooms.
"Come in!" Ran said. A small boy with glasses stepped in, holding very big bouquet of orchids.
"Ran-nee-chan, how are you feeling?" Conan asked. Ran was surprised to see him.
"Conan, why are you here? Aren't you with your parents?" She asked. Conan laughed a little nervously.
"My parents are going to Los Angeles today to 'take care' of some stuff and they wanted me to come see you. Then Sonoko told me that you were hurt and in the hospital so I came to visit you. Are you okay?" He asked worried. Ran smiled softly and hugged the little boy.
"I am fine now." She answered." How did you manage to get these wonderful flowers?" Conan gave the bouquet to Ran and smiled.
"Shinichi said to me to give it to you." He answered. Ran's eyes twinkled with small crystal tears. She brought the flowers nearer and smelled in the sweet scent. "Yeah, he used to buy me orchids every time when I was upset by something." She whispered but yet smiling. Conan remembered it very clearly himself. Ran loved orchids and he was always willing to buy some for her. Softly he smiled to. In Conan's mind a war was going on. Should he tell her? Or should he let her go and letting her believe that Shinichi Kudo is gone
forever? He doesn't know. Ran let him go and gave out a sigh, changing the topic suddenly when she saw the small boy staring at her, making her blush.
"You shouldn't have gone like that. I was really afraid that day when you just disappeared. If you wanted to go to your parents then you could have told me. I wouldn't mind." She said, worried. Guilty what he had done he bowed his head. 'Why did I do that? I am letting her worry for me again!' He thought.
"I'm sorry." He apologized. "I was really irresponsible. I'm letting
you worry for me again." He added. Ran smiled sadly but she was truly glad that he understood her.
"It doesn't matter now. You're safe and okay so let's not talk about it anymore." She said.
"Ran…" He started. Ran looked curiously at the small boy.
"Yes, is something bothering you? Tell me." She said. Conan sat by her side staring at her.
"Why did you do it?" He asked seriously. That was almost scary.
"W-what do you mean?" She asked nervously and shocked by his tone of this unfamiliar act.
"Why did you try to kill yourself?" He asked again. Ran stared at the boy. Then she looked away afraid of seeing or believing what she saw.
Because he reminded her of Him.
"I don't know." She shortly answered.
"You shouldn't have done that. It cost almost your life. He is not worth that." He said hectically.
'How could he know that I tried to do that?' She thought but didn't say anything.
"I love him, Conan. I've told you that." Ran explained. Shinichi's heart ached and the pain almost shot him dead.
"Ran, you told me that you would never see him again after this, will you keep your promise?" He asked, showing a very cold side.
"Why is he doing this to me?" She thought desperately.
"C-Conan, why are you asking?" Ran asked.
"Answer my question, Ran!" He said firmly. Ran stared at the boy, not knowing what he was doing.
"I love him and I am sorry I am breaking my promise. I'll go to him when I am feeling better." Ran said. Conan jumped down from the bed, not daring facing her.
"You really love him,ne?." Conan asked calmly
"Yes I do." Ran answered and a dreamy smile was put on her lips. "I made a big mistake by trying to kill myself. I was really stupid but I love him deeper then the sea and more then heaven." She continued. Conan was silent. He loved her to. He knew this but yet there were so many troubles and so many things that had come around.
"I-I think he loves you too." He whispered. Ran stared at the small boy. She smiled softly. Leaving the bed she went by his side and hugged him. He felt her gentle touch and relaxed. Slowly he turned around staring at her soft, blue eyes. Suddenly she shook her head.
"He doesn't love me, Conan-kun. I asked him once. But still he is my best friend ever and I need to talk to him about … things." She said sadly. Conan stared at her and felt the sadness hitting him. "So I am not really breaking my promise, ne?"
"Yeah, but he is gone…again." Conan said. Ran couldn't see his eyes when the sunlight made his glasses reflect.
"G-gone?" She asked, not willing to believe this.
"He left for his case again." Conan answered even if he knew that she didn't really ask him. She, once again felt this sharp pain.
"He left with her…" She whispered to herself.
"No, he didn't leave with her!" He shouted, really nervous by now. Ran stared at the boy surprised.
"How do you know…?" She wasn't able to end her meaning before Conan spoke:
"He told me everything." He shortly answered.
"Yeah, you're right. You two are related and good friends too. Of course he told you. "She tried to convince herself.
"Are you sure it wasn't for that girl?" Ran asked.
"I am so sure about that one. Shinichi would have explained everything if he was here. But now he is not he asked me to explain this mess for you." Conan said.
"Okay then." Ran said, walking to her bed again and sat on it. "Tell me."
Many hours later, when the stars started to twinkle he finished his story. He thought that this would be very short to tell her but she asked so much and he just had to answer her questions
before she got suspicious. Lies after lies came up and that surprised him but he had to come up with something.
"Ah, so that's it. It really was stupid of me to make such a stupid thing when everything was so simple and so clear." She finally said.
Conan nodded and smiled.
"I am glad you understand, Ran-nee-chan." He said. "I think I need to go home now." He added quickly.

'Yeah, maybe Shiho can make another pill or something. She must have worked on it.' He thought.
"Matte, Conan-kun!" Ran stopped him.
"Dad is with mum or in the bar or something. Where are you going home to?" She asked. 'Damn, she is right. Kogoro is in the bar.' Nervously he laughed. "I am going to the professor. He wanted me to stay." He lied. Ran looked worried and unsure.
"O-okay then. Don't stay up late and remember to behave." She said. 'Damn, I hate it when she does this to me.' He thought angrily.
"Yeah, I will. Please don't worry for me." He said. He gave her a hug and left now in a hurry. 'I hope Shiho made something up by now.'