Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Missing You ❯ My All ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My All

Disclaimer: I don't own the anime "Case Closed" or any related characters. I also don't own the song "My All." "Case Closed" is published by Viz. "My All" is owned by Mariah Carey and all related companies.

AN: I used the English names for the characters because I'm not entirely sure of the Japanese names and don't want to mess it up.

Please read and review, this is my first "Case Closed" fan fic. And this will hopefully be a two parter.

~*~*~*~

It was a dark, quiet in Tokyo. It was the kind of peaceful night that made you want to take advantage of the rare quiet moment and sleep peacefully. Two people, however, were not sleeping peacefully, in fact neither was sleeping at all. They were Ran Mouri and Conan Edogawa, a.k.a. Shinichi Kudo.

Currently, Ran was sitting in her room near her window, staring out at the night sky with a distracted look on her face it was clear her thought were a million miles away. Specifically, she was thinking about Shinichi Kudo, never know how close to him she actually was.

I am thinking of you

In my sleepless solitude tonight

If it's wrong to love you

Then my heart just won't let me be right

`Cause I'm drowned in you

And I won't pull through

Without you by my side

`Oh, Shinichi,' Ran thought longingly while her vacant gaze stared out into the lighted night of Tokyo. `Where are you? I know you say you're on a big case, but surely no case could stump you this long. I miss you Shinichi, I wish you could come back.

`I had taken for granted that you were always by my side. I pushed my feelings for you away. I always thought, I can tell him tomorrow, I will tell him soon. I never expected you to disappear like that. I knew you shouldn't have followed those men that night! Why did you have to follow them? Couldn't you just let that on mystery slide by without a passing glance?'

I'd give my all to have

Just one more night with you

I'd risk my life to feel

Your body next to mine

`Cause I can't go on

Living in a memory of our song

I'd give my all for your love tonight

`I need to see you, Shinichi. I don't care if it's only for a day, an hour, a minute, as long as I could actually see you again. I know you tell me you're fine when you call, but I need to reassure myself that you actually aren't hurt, that you are healthy. I need that minute to tell you that I do love you, that you were my first and only love. I wouldn't care about the consequences as long as I could finally tell you what's been bottled up inside me for the longest time.

`I've actually dreamed that you have come back several times. I dreamed I got to tell you that I love you. I dreamed of our happy life afterward because you loved me too. But I've also had nightmares Shinichi. I have horrible nightmares. Ones where you were found murdered on a mountain somewhere, months dead. That someone was pretending to be you just for some sick joke. That I would never see you again, ever.'

Baby can you feel me

Imagining I'm looking in your eyes

I can see you clearly

Vividly emblazoned in my mind

And yet you're so far

Like a distant star

I'm wishing on tonight

`Every time I get mixed up in a mystery, I wish you were here. And it's almost as if you are. I didn't believe that my dad, much as I love him, could solve half the cases he's managed to since you disappeared. And Sonoko as well, she may be one of my best friends, but she's no Sherlock Holmes. But they both seem to be able to solve cases with such ease, and both look like they're asleep when they announce the criminal, motive, and how they managed to do it. All since you disappeared and the little kid we now foster in our home appeared.

`And that's another odd thing, I can't seem to help seeing Shinichi in Conan. Every time he gets that intense look in his eye, I can't help but seeing the physical resemblance between the two of you. And you think alike too. I know he says that you teach him how to deduce things, but I can't help but think about the impossible notion that he is Shinichi, and if he is why can't he just come forward with it. And if he's not, why do I keep seeing Shinichi in him. Perhaps I've just not seen him for too long. I've heard his voice, yes, but that's not enough.'

I'd give my all to have

Just one more night with you

I'd risk my life to feel

Your body next to mine

`Cause I can't go on

Living in a memory of our song

I'd give my all for your love tonight

Ran started as she felt tears hit the back of her hand. She brought her hand up to her cheek as was surprised to feel that her cheek was nearly soaked. She hadn't even realized that she was crying, much less crying so hard.

"Stupid," she muttered to herself, picking up a tissue from the box on the floor beside her and using it to wipe off her face. She couldn't believe that she'd been crying that hard. She knew that Shinichi was safe, she'd talked to him herself, and Conan had said that he'd seen him and he seemed perfectly fine.

Suddenly a quiet voice came from her doorway, bringing her out of her thoughts. "Ran-nee chan?" It was Conan. He was standing there with a concerned and saddened look on his face. Ran hadn't known Conan long, but she knew that he hated to see her sad for any reason.

Ran smiled slightly as she gestured for Conan to come in, and he did. He walked over to her and gave her as good a hug as he could, considering he was less than half her height. Ran picked him up and put him on her lap. She hugged him close, knowing that it would help calm both of them. She didn't know why it calmed her, but he always seemed better when she was over her distress.

As Ran slowly fell asleep with Conan still in her lap, she could've sworn she heard one muttered phrase, but dismissed it as her imagination, but she could've sworn for one moment before she fell asleep that she heard Shinichi's voice muttering, "I'm sorry."

Give my all for your love

Tonight

AN: So, what do you think? Please read and review. I hope to get the other half out soon, I just gotta find the right song.