Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Missing You ❯ I'm Sorry ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'm Sorry

Disclaimer for this Ch: I don't own the song "I'm sorry." It is owned by All 4 One and all connected companies. I also don't own "Case Closed/Detective Conan" it is published by Viz in America.

Please read and review the second half of "Missing You."

~*~*~*~

This particular spring night in Tokyo was very peaceful. In fact, it was the type of night that most people would take advantage of and get a night of rest where they wouldn't wake up with a new murder or robbery appearing on the news. All but two people of Tokyo were taking advantage of this night. Those two people are Ran Mouri and Conan Edogawa, a.k.a. Shinichi Kudo.

At this moment, Conan was standing in the doorway to Ran's room, watching as the silent girl stared out into the night, her gaze seeming millions of miles away. In fact, Conan knew exactly where her thoughts lay. Very little could bring that sad a look to the normally cheery girl's face, and he felt horrible that his regular identity's, Shinichi Kudo's, current missing status was one of those things. He thoughts were also running circles in his head.

I know I was wrong

For treating you the way I did (the way I did)

I have so much on my mind

I didn't know where you fit in (where you fit in)

And if I could do it all over again (again)

I'll never treat you that way (I'll never treat you that way again)

I apologize for the pain I caused

And I just wanna say (I just wanna say)

I'm sorry (I'm sorry)

So sorry (so sorry)

For leaving you the way I did

`Oh Ran,' Conan thought, staring sadly at the young girl. He remembered how it was when he had been Shinichi, and he regretted a lot of what he did now. He regretted just paying attention to the mysteries he loved so much. He occupied his mind completely with them, trying to shut out the confusing feelings he had been getting about his best friend.

When I close my eyes

I think of how I used to be (used to be)

That's when I realized

Just how much you mean to me (you mean to me)

A second chance is all that I need (I need)

To change what's wrong and make it right (to change what's wrong and make it right)

A fool I was to let you slip away (away)

When I know I need you in my life (need you in my life)

`I remember how I used to think of telling you how I felt, but I always put it off. I kept saying that I would tell you tomorrow. I thought that since we were always together I would always have another chance to tell you how I felt. But now I'm trapped in this body, I can't do anything about my feelings. I can't tell you over the phone, it wouldn't be fair to tell you that. Not only would I not be able to see you at that time, but I have no idea when I might get my original body back. I don't know if it'll be a day, a month, a year, or years from now.'

I'm sorry (I'm sorry)

So sorry (so sorry)

For treating you the way I did (I didn't mean to hurt you baby)

I'm sorry (I'm sorry)

So sorry (so sorry)

For leaving you the way I did

`I remember when I didn't tell you who I was the first time I saw you as Conan. I had been afraid. I hadn't wanted you to see me like that. And from then on, I became more afraid for you as I learned more about the Black Organization. Now I can't tell you, as much as I want to. If I do, you would be in even more danger. Especially if they figured out how important you were to me.'

And I know every time (every time)

Every time I treated you unkind (so unkind)

You still gave your best to me (to me)

I'll do anything to get you back into my life

I need to hold you again (hold you)

Kiss you again (kiss you)

Make love to you (love you)

And I'll do it again (to you)

Listen to me (listen to me)

I'm down on my knees (down on my knees)

Can we start over again (can we start over)

`I've disproved you every time you come close figuring out who I really am for that reason. I don't want you to be hurt, or worse, killed. I know now that they would not be afraid or hesitant to hurt a loved one to get to their target.

`I love you Ran, but I can't tell you. I hate watching and hearing you cry as often as you do. I want to comfort you, let you know that I am here. I want to be able to take you in my arms and wipe away your tears as Shinichi, not as Conan. I want to make you happy again.'

I'm sorry (I'm sorry)

So sorry (so sorry)

For treating you the way I did (I didn't mean to hurt you baby)

I'm sorry (I'm sorry)

So sorry (so sorry)

For leaving you the way I did

You gotta believe me when I say that

I'm sorry (so sorry)

So sorry

For treating you (for treating you the way I did)

I'll never, never, never hurt you again

I'm sorry (so sorry)

For leaving you (for leaving you the way I did)

I'm sorry baby

Conan watched sadly as he saw Ran start and then move her hand to wipe tears off her face. From her expression it was obvious that she hadn't noticed she was crying. He heard her mutter something quietly as she picked up a tissue to wipe the tears off her face. Deciding that he'd stood there long enough, he needed to comfort her now.

"Ran-nee chan?" Conan said quietly. He saw her start slightly when he said that, she obviously hadn't noticed him there. After a moment she smiled a watery smile and gestured for him to come it. He moved over to her and gave her the best hug he could. He really hated this body at times. Ran picked him up and placed him on her lap, hugging him close. He felt better to see that his presence seemed to calm her.

As he saw her fall asleep, he couldn't help but say the one phrase that he wished he could tell her as himself. "I'm sorry."

AN: And that's the second chapter. Please review and tell me what you think.