Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Case of The Falling Elevator ❯ The Wacked Out Elevator ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Conan and Rachel stood there watching as the police started to move about the sene.

Suichi's body still lay there, eyes wide, mouth open. Her ruby red lipstick and her bright eye linner seemed to be untouched.

Quinten came up and stopped short. "Hey, when did you two get here?"

"A few minutes ago."

"Where's Richard? Nevermind. We need to borrow Conan for a minute."

"What for?"

"Let me show you." Quiten led them over to the elevator's doors. "See this spot?" He pointed to a hole in the doors. "None of us could fit in and we thought you'd be able to let us use Conan to tell us what's inside? If not, we'll just have to leave it for later."
"No, I don't mind. Conan, will you do this for Detective Mifen?" Rachel asked, bending down to Conan's eye level.

"Sure." 'What have I got to loose?'

"Here, a flashlight and a camera. Try and take a picture of anything out of the ordinary so we know if we can open the doors or not." Quinten hoisted the short kid into the hole near the top of the doors. "Got it?"

"Yup." He crawled in.

He clicked the flash light on and nearly screamed. There was another body inside the elevator. It was a man, dressed in a black coat! He was dead, but something about his face made Conan uneasy. It looked like he'd died by being strangled. It was as if he'd been strangled and put on the top of the elevator shaft. He snapped a picture and started looking about.

All the buttons were jammed in and only one button was untouched, the top story, the twentyith floor, but the hotel only had fourteen floors, so where had the other buttons come from?

There was a creak and then the elevator shaft began to move again. Coan yelled as it shot up, faster than he knew an elevator to do. He was pulled down to the ground. Everything was shaking and cranking. It froze on the top floor and then it plumeted.

~@~
Quinten heard it start to move, heard Conan yell, heard it stop. Suddenly, air started rushing out of the cracks and the hole in the door. Conan and the shaft were falling, and falling seventy miles an hour to the bottom floor.

The doors burst open revealing Conan flat on his back and a dead man. Conan started screaming again as he was yanked back up and was gone. He didn't come back down.

"Oh, no! Conan!"

"Outta my way!"

Everyone turned and saw Jimmy Kudo! He was charging straight at the opening and grabbed a wire.

"Hey, Rachel, when I say 'now', I want you to push the down button on the elevator's control pad." He started climbing.

"I thought Jimmy was with his parents in their mansion across town?" Rachel asked.

"RACHEL! NOW! PUSH THE BUTTON NOW!" Jimmy's voice roared down.

She pushed in the down button. The air started rushing out and there was the shaft, just the man inside. Another elevator opened and out came Jimmy and Conan.

"Phew. Close one." Jimmy stood up. "Look, next time, don't send a kid into an unknown elevator, Mifen." He patted Quinten on the back and started to walk off. "Oh, one more thing, I'm thinking about quiting, so, up to you. See ya later. Take care of my step-brother." He waved over his shoulder as he walked off.

Conan looked confused. 'Where'd he come from? Why does he look like me? Where did he know to come? He wasn't informed!'