Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Plan Set In Place ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 4
Plan set in Place

He had awaken much earlier this morning. He strolled down the street as he walked into a forest nearby. Tim looked down at his watch which read 6:08. Class wasn't until nine so he had plenty of time. The birds sang in the distance as the crickets hopped about. Tim walked down a small hill as he pushed through a few bushes. He continued on as he came upon a small river, looking down at it.

"I wonder where this stream leads to."

He continued to walk downward as  he came upon a large ditch. In the middle stood a large shed. The door swang back and forth from the winds coming in from the west.

"I wonder if that shed is being occupied."

Tim waited a few seconds longer then decided to jump into the ditch. He slowly approached the shed as he pushed the door to the side. He took a look inside. It was dark, very dark at that. Tim reached for his pocket as he pulled out a mini flash light flashing it into the darkness. There were webbs everywhere. Other than that the place was completely
empty.

"This could defiantly work as a base for operations, I'll have to upgrade some
things. This is better than working from the room, much more secluded out here. I'll need to buy some things after school."

He felt himself being shaked as his eyes sprung open. Conan sat up in bed as Kogoro stood over him.

"Hey Conan I need to ask you something."

"What's so important it couldn't have waited until I woke up." Conan thought to himself.    

"What is it?" Conan asked.

"They're hosting the community person of the month up at the station in a few days." Kogoro began.

"Let me guess you need to nominate someone, and you want to know if I know someone worth mentioning."

"Exactly, do you know if any of the staff up at your school is worthy of the nomination?" Kogoro asked.

Conan sat there as he thought about it for a few seconds.

"Mr. Logan." Conan said.

"Logan.....what's he do?"

"He's the genitor." Conan replied.

"Ok, let Mr. Logan know I would like to speak with him."

"Sure thing." Conan replied as Kogoro made his way out of the room.

Conan got dressed as he went into the main room. He was surprised not to see Ran around.

"She left early. Must of had to do with last night."

Conan had a bowl of cereal as he made his way out. He walked down the street as he looked to the sky.

"I need to talk to Salekea, hopefully cheer her up after yesterday."

The school came into view as Conan took a deep breath. There were children jump roping at the side of the school as Conan turned his head to see genitor Logan sweeping something up at the other side of the building. Conan walked over as Mr. Logan turned to face him.

"Hey Conan, how you doing this morn?"

"I'm doing good, how about you?"

"Just cleaning up the scraps, you know how that goes."

Conan gave off a small laugh.

"Mr. Kogoro would like to have a word with you up at the station." Conan informed.

"You mean detective Mouri?"

"That's right." Conan.

"Oh...ok."

Conan looked up at him. He could tell genitor Logan was a little uneasy with this news. Mr. Logan then walked off as he pulled out his phone. Conan walked in the opposite direction.

"Now to go and find Salekea."

Conan made his way around the building as he saw Salekea sitting at one of the swings with Ayumi sitting on the one to the left of her. They were swinging while engaged in conversation.

"Cool, Salekea has a new friend."

The halls were busy as usual. He pushed through as he made his way into his science class. He took a seat at his desk as Airi swung back in her seat to face him.

"You watch the news last night?" She asked.

"The news is to depressing, I prefer the sports channel." Tim replied.

"You mist one of the wildest chases, Kaitou Kid is so amazing." Airi said as she swayed back and forth in her seat.

"This girl is creeping me out." Tim thought to himself as he heard the slamming of a book to the right of him.

He knew exactly what was about to happen. Tim turned to his right as he put on his fake smile.

"Hey Sonoko."

"What the hell!!" She exclaimed.

"I see you're mad."

"Why would you do something like that, she's really upset you know!"

"I'll take care of it." Tim calmly replied.

Airi looked on.

"
This is turning out to be as good as last night's soup opera." Airi side commented.

"What's wrong with you, you didn't even reply to any of my calls last night!!"

Tim looked down at his phone to see ten missed calls, which were all from Sonoko.

"Ooops."

"Sorry about that, I had a busy night."

"With what, picking up some skank no doubt. Let me tell you Tim, Ran isn't that kind of girl."

"Alright.... listen Sonoko, the bag of condoms was a mistake." Tim said as he stood up.

"Then why would you do something like that?!"

"It wasn't my idea, I didn't even know what was in the bag until after the fact. Argo was the one who gave it to me, he said Ran loved to cook, so I thought it was something she could use." Tim explained as Sonoko sat back down.

Tim did the same. No one said a word for the next minute or so. Airi looked them both over, waiting for one of them to say something.

"Why didn't you just say so, before I started yelling?"

"Didn't want you to go yelling at Argo and Zee."

"Zee has something to do with this to?"

"Don't know, but he has the hots for Ran so I wouldn't count him out."

"Sorry I yelled at you."

"Apology accepted, but don't confront either of them. This is something I need to do."

The bell rang as the class session began. Conan flipped through his book as Genta whistled over at him.

"Conan, you here about the latest kid taken?" He whispered.

"Another one, when?"

"Last night, so that makes nine abducted."

"Don't you mean ten?" Conan asked.

"The boy in the video they broadcasted yesterday is dead, they found him this morning." Genta informed.

"Great, another death. I need to solve this, and fast."

He began tapping his pencil as he looked out the window. Conan's phone began to vibrate as he looked down to see he had a text from Dr. Agasa. It read "New information, come over."

"Maybe I'll make some headway."

He placed his things into the locker as he dressed into his gym clothes. Tim made his way to the gym as he looked to see Sonoko in a heated discussion with Argo and Zee.

"There's no winning with that girl."

Tim made his way over as the three of them looked toward him.

"How was your date Tim?" Argo asked with a laugh.

"What do you think?"

"They think this is all a big joke!" Sonoko exclaimed.

"I thought we agreed I would handle this." Tim said as Zee walked up to him.

"Handle what, you planning on doing something little man?" Zee asked as he shoved him.

Coach Succo caught sight of this as he ran over standing inbetween the two of them.

"This is not the way to handle this boys, if you have a problem put on the gloves!" He yelled out.

"Sounds good to me coach, what do you say Timmy?" Zee prompted.

"If that's what you want."

"Sonoko, go get the gloves." Coach Succo instructed.

She hesitated at first, but then took off to retrieve them. Sonoko came back as she handed the gloves to Succo who then handed a pair to both Tim and Zee. The rest of the class looked on as they placed the matt's down.

"After this I don't want any back and forth between you two, is that clear?"

"Yes Sir." Zee said.

"Won't be a problem." Tim added.

Coach Succo stepped from the matt as he signaled for them to begin. Zee made the first move as he threw a couple jabs.

"He's stiff."

Zee then threw a swing which Tim dodged yet again. He tossed a couple more punches as Tim manuverd around waiting for
an opening .

"What are you doing, playing keep away?"

With that statement Tim unloaded catching Zee on the side of his face sending him flying down to the matt. Everyone gasped out.

"Think I should of pulled back a little on that punch." Tim thought to himself as he took his gloves off.

Zee on the other hand was still on the ground. Tim handed his gloves to Succo who then went to check on Zee. Tim stepped down from the matt as Argo took a step back.

"It was Zee's idea." He said.

Tim walked passed him as he stood next to Sonoko.

"Wow, didn't know you could hit like that!"

"I try and keep in shape."

"I'll let Ran know everything." Sonoko said.

"I'd prefer if it came from me, I'd like to tell her myself."

"Ok." Sonoko replied.

"Knowing Sonoko she'll probably tell her anyway."

Conan made his way down the hall as he saw Ayumi and Salekea talking near the water fountain.

"Hi Conan." Salekea said.

"Any of you seen Haibara?" Conan asked.

"She went out the front." Ayumi informed.

"Thanks, I'll see you both later." Conan said as he took off.

He ran out the front doors as he saw Ai Haibara in the near distance. He quickly caught up to her.

"Haibara." Conan said as she turned to face him.

"What's wrong?"

"Dr. Agasa said he had some new information, I thought I'd just walk there with you."

Ai nodded as they continued on. They made it back to the house to find Dr. Agasa sitting infront of the computer. Conan walked over as he placed his bag to the ground.

"So what is it you found?" Conan asked.

"For starters the only bodies found dead are that of two males."

"Your right, the other nine are girls. You think maybe they're just after little girls?" Conan asked.

"I did a little research, there were three different incidents like this very one in other cities."

"How does it relate to our case?" Ai asked.

"All three incidents occurred five months apart. It's been about five months since the last city abductions, I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected." Dr. Agasa said.

“Anything else you have to add on?” Conan asked.

“The children abducted in all the other cases were young girls. Ten in all in each of those cases.”

“If that is true, that must mean there’s one more to go.” Ai said.

“And that means we need to find them now. Dr. Agasa did you check the records of anyone with a criminal record who has been in all three of those cities, and now here?” Conan asked.

“I’ll give it a look now.”

It was busy at this time of day. He waited in line with all the extra accessories he had purchased.

“Got some stuff to set up at the shed, might take awhile but this could work as a base for my operation.”

After he paid for all the electronics he headed back to the shed as he set up shop.

“I forgot to talk with Ran, I’ll have to do that soon.”

Most of his day was spent setting up things and installing programs into the hard drive. Tim looked down at his watch. It was seven P.M.

“Good, looks like all systems are a go. I want to give that survaliance footage a closer look.” Tim said.

He pulled the video up as he watched it a couple times over.

“Wait a minute, did that boy say something before he followed after her?”

Tim opened up another file as a sound system popped open.

“If I could get rid of the noise around him, I might be able to hear what he said.”

He went to work as he tried to fade out the extra sounds in the video. An hour or so passed on as he made progress.

“Alright let’s see if I have something.” Tim said as he played back the video audio once more.

“Yeww carrrn bzzz serii.”

“Closer, but still can’t hear what he said.” Tim stated as he continued.

Tim continued to fade out the surrounding sounds as he played the audio again.

“Yous caant bezz.”

“Just a little more.” Tim said.

He made a couple more adjustments to the audio as he played the audio for yet another time.

“You can’t be serious, she has cooties.”


Tim sat back in his chair at this.

“I wonder what that could have been about. I think it’s best if I visit one of the spots where one of the children were taken.” Tim thought to himself as he walked over and suited up.

Conan laid on his back staring up at the ceiling. His head rested upon his hands. Dr. Agasa had looked into potential criminals on the run which fit their description, none fit the profile.
Conan’s little trance was broken by the sound of foot steps heading toward him. He sat up to see Ran.

“You doing ok in here?” She asked.

“I’m fine, just resting up a little. Are you feeling better?” Conan asked.

“Considering Sonoko just called and told me Tim didn’t know what was in the bag, I’d say I’m feeling much better.” Ran replied with a smile.   

“Good, I knew something was up with that whole incident.”

“Dad went up to the station, so he might be back late.”

“Ok.” Conan said.

He swung from building to building, his cape flowing within the night sky. Red Robin came to a stop as he caught sight of something suspicious at the left side of his eye. He stood on the ledge of the building as he used his zooming system. He saw a man working on something under a car. After he finished the man jumped up and ran around the corner as a truck picked him up.

“Think I better go give that a look.” He said as he glided down toward the parking lot.

Red Robin made his way over to the car as he took a look under. Immediately a device attached to the bottom of the car began to beep.

“A bomb!”

Red Robin quickly jumped using his grappler to head to the nearest building as the car exploded.

“Must of been triggered off when I touched the car. That blast wasn’t meant for me, but who?”

Red Robin looked forward as a bunch of people came running out of a building. Red Robin looked to see that the building was the police headquarters.

“Looks like someone wanted one of these guy’s dead.” Red Robin said as he looked to see who owned the car.

“My car!!” A man yelled out.

“That must be the guy they wanted dead. If they find that he is still alive they may try again.”

Conan found himself fading as his phone began to vibrate next to him. He reached over as he brought it to his ear.

“Hello.”

“Good, you’re ok.” Genta said from the other line.

“What is this all about?” Conan asked.

“Just checking on all the group members to make sure everyone is ok, see you in school tommarrow.”

With that he hung up. Conan flipped his phone down as he went to the main room to see Ran staring out the window. He looked on as he slowly walked up next to her.

“I wish Shinichi was here.”

Conan didn’t say anything. They both stood their as minutes went by. Suddenly a slight knock at the door can be heard. Ran made her way over as she opened the door to see Megure Juzo and detective Takagi. Ran engaged in conversation with the two of them.

“What are they doing here?” Conan thought to himself.

“What’s wrong, is there something you two need to tell me.”

“I think it would be best if we took a seat Ms. Mouri.” Inspector Megure advised.

Ran invited the two of them in as they all took a seat.

“This dosen’t look good.” Conan thought to himself.

“Where’s dad, did something happen to him?” Ran asked standing back up.

Inspector Megure looked toward the ground, then back up.

“He’s gone....his car exploded. There was nothing we could do.” Inspector Megure informed.

Conan became light headed as he stood up against the wall. Memories of Kogoro quickly poured in as his eyes watered up. Ran’s eyes curled with tears as well. She then fell forward as detective Takagi caught her in his arms.

“She fainted. What should we do from here?” Detective Takagi asked.

“We’ll call her mother, that’s the best thing we can do.”

He glided as he touched down on a building right across from an elementary school down town.

“I fixed the kill attempt problem, this could actually benefit better then what I had planned originally.”
 

Red Robin glided down toward the school as he walked around.

“This is the place victim number two was taken, right after school they say.”

He reached into his utility belt as he pulled out a mini flash light
.

“The incident had to have taken place over there some where, that’s the direction of the little girls home.”

He looked the area over for nearly an hour, but found nothing.

“Wait a minute, what if something grabbed her attention and made her go down the other block.”

Red Robin walked down the other street still holding his flash light in hand. He made his way along the brick wall as he came to a stop at the end of the corner. He walked into a small secluded area near the other side of the wall. He flashed his light around as he caught sight of a small object. He then knelt down to see what it was.

“A filtered cigarette piece.....why would someone do that?”

Red Robin continued to scour the area as something caught his attention over near a pile of mud. He looked down to see wheel prints implanted into the mud. Red Robin flashed around a little more as he saw a black substance near the wheel prints. He took his finger as he took a sniff of it.

“Oil...somebody was waiting here.”

Using his cowl he took a few pictures of the imprinted wheels, he then walked over and stuck the filtered cigarette piece into his pocket.

“They teach the military soldiers how to filter their cigarettes, keeps others from tracking them. Maybe the abductor is of military background.”

Red Robin shot his grappler out as he headed back to the roof tops.

“I’ll analyze the evidence after school....The real question remains, what could have brought that girl clear over there?”

The night went by as the sun rose in the morning. Conan opened his eyes as he jumped to the ground. He quickly remembered what Inspector Megure had told them last night. Tears came to his eyes once more as he quickly wiped
them.

“If it’s the last thing I do, I will find out who is responsible for Kogoro’s death.”

Conan slowly got dressed as he made his way into the main room as he is surprised to be greeted by Eri Kisaki.

“Good morning young man.”

“Good morning. Where is Ran?”

“I insisted she stay home from school, but she decided against it.” Eri replied.

Conan threw his bag over his shoulders as he headed for the door. Conan then stopped as he looked back toward her.

“What’s going to happen?”

“I don’t know, but everything is going to be ok.”

Conan nodded as he headed to school. He made his way through the hall straight to class. Conan put his head down as he felt a tap from behind.

“Conan are you ok?” Ayumi asked.

“I...I don’t know what to say.”

The bell rung shortly after as Conan sat up and reached for his book.

“Something wrong Conan?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“Just tired, long night.” Conan lied.

Conan looked over as the door opened. It was Salekea.

“Salekea, when is she ever late?”

Salekea made her way to her desk as she took a seat. Conan looked over at her.

“Why does she look so sad today?” Conan questioned.

“Hey, you feeling ok?” Conan asked.

“I’m ok.” She said looking toward him then back.

“Does she have makeup on today?”

He made his way to school as he saw Ran
and Sonoko sitting at the bench infront of the school. Tim walked over as he sat next to them.

“Hey Ran, we need to talk.”

“It’s ok, Sonoko told me everything.”

“Her voice, she sounds sad.”

“What’s wrong?” Tim asked.

“It’s my Dad.”

“What did he do, rob a bank or something?” He said trying to crack a joke.

“Tim!” Sonoko exclaimed.

“I thought we were friends, why would you say something like that!!” Ran yelled as she stood up from the bench.

“Woh, what’s wrong?” Tim asked placing a hand on her shoulder as he stood up as well.

“Don’t touch me!” She yelled as tears came to her eyes.

“What happened?”

“My father......he was killed.... Tim.”

“I’m....I’m sorry. Look everything is going to be ok.”

“No it’s not, how would you know. You couldn’t know what it’s like to lose a father.” Ran said as she walked off in tears.

“Nice going loser.” Sonoko said.

“Sonoko, you know I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Do me a favor Tim, stay away from me and more importantly, stay away from Ran.” Sonoko said as she went after Ran.

“Damn, and now we’re back to square negative one.”

Conan looked on as his phone vibrated. He looked down to see Hattori Heiji was calling. He ignored this. The bell rang a few minutes later as Conan stepped down from his chair. Ayumi walked next to him as they exited the classroom.

“Conan are you sure you’re ok?”

Conan continued to walk as Ayumi grabbed him by his shoulders turning him toward her.

“Talk to me Conan, you know I’m always here for you.”

“Ayumi I.” Conan began as Salekea walked up.

“Ayumi would you like to come to my house?” Salekea asked.

“I’d have to ask my mom.”

“You can call her on the way there.”

“Ok. We’ll talk later ok.” Ayumi said as she walked off with Salekea.

Conan leaned up against one of the lockers as he slid to the ground.

“Everything is falling apart.”

To Be Continued


Converting /tmp/phpUIlRrD to /dev/stdout