Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Blood Red Target ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Detective Prince
Chapter 30
Blood Red Target

In place of the previous nights storm the morning brought a clear sky, a view of the sun cracking through the curtain. He heard that distinct voice, one which had awoken him for many years. His eyes opened, slowly pushing up.

"Mom, is that you?"

He came to realize it was only the TV, looking to the side to see Tim relaxing back in the chair.  

"I see you're awake." Tim said still focusing to the screen.

"What are you watching?" Conan asked.

"Sargent Krop," Tim replied. "Your mother is a pretty good actress I must say, and that wink she does is just a classic."

"Wink?" Conan questioned.

"Just the one she does in pretty much all the movies she plays in." Tim answered looking to him.

"And how many movies have you watched with her in it since you've been here?" Conan asked narrowing his eyes.  

"About five," Tim replied. "All by coincidence of course."

"Did you happen to read any of my dad's novel's by coincidence to?"

Tim shook his head in response.   

"Haven't had time to really read anything since being here," Tim said. "While we're still on the topic, when was the last time you saw your parents anyway?"

Conan gave it a few seconds thought.

"It's been a few months."

"So how are they, do you get along?" Tim asked.

"They keep things interesting," Conan replied. "They've even disguised themselves to fool me before."

"Family role playing huh, that's not something you get everyday," Tim said. "Were they ever successful at fooling you?"

"Not without me finding out in a small amount of time."

"I'd be careful if I were you," Tim warned turning back to the screen. "They may catch you one day without you realizing it."

"I doubt that," Conan said bringing the glasses to his eyes. "I can see through any disguise they can come up with, even on a bad day."

"That's a little harsh don't you think," Tim said. "At least they're willing to have a little fun from time to time."

"I find it strange in you giving them credit, you've never even met either of them," Conan said. "Since we're on the subject, whens the last time you spoke with your parents?"

He received no response. It wasn't until a few seconds after that he realized.

"I'm sorry, I forgot that,"

"It's ok, don't worry about it." Tim said cutting him off.

It became quiet between the two, the only sound being that of the television which continued to run. Conan looked to the sheets, still a little upset he hadn't caught himself. Tim glimpsed back at him, a smile coming to his face.

"Hey Shinichi, can I give you a suggestion?"  

"Sure," Conan said looking up. "What is it you had in mind?"

"Well I was doing some thinking," Tim said looking over his shoulder. "When you and Ran get married and have children some day, how about naming your first son Conan?"

He jumped back in shock, the blanket flapping up before him.

"What's wrong, you don't like the idea," Tim questioned. "I think it would pay great homage to the time spent in your present stage."

"It's not that," Conan exclaimed waving his hands back and forth. "It's just that I'm not, don't know, there's paths and, you know how."

"Shinichi, you never told me you were a master in the form of gibberish," Tim said cutting him off yet again. "Why don't you slow down, collect your thoughts, then tell me what you're trying to say."

A knock came to the door in that following second.

"Saved by the knock," Tim said pushing up and heading across the room. "Time to talk business."

He opened the door, inviting Heiji in who was on his phone. Tim took back to the chair with Heiji standing to the wall, finishing up his phone conversation. Conan dropped from the bed, dressing into his clothes for the day.

"Sorry about that," Heiji said sliding his phone to his pocket. "Just discussing the tournament with a classmate of mine."

"Tournament," Tim questioned. "What kind of tournament?"

"A Kendo tournament." Heiji replied.

"Are you participating?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" Heiji said with a laugh.

"Never knew you used the sword," Tim said. "Are you favored to win it all?"

"Not exactly, but that doesn't mean I won't," Heiji replied confidently. "It's going to be state, so I don't expect victory to come easy."

"Good luck when the time comes." Tim said in support.

"Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it."

Heiji then looked to Conan who was knelt over tieing the laces to his shoes.

"So what have you two been doing all morning?" Heiji asked.

"I've been watching TV for a little bit," Tim said. "Shinichi just woke up not to long ago."

"So what's this plan you spoke of," Heiji asked. "Are we directly going after the Black Organization?"

"Yes and no," Tim replied. "We're going to work both ends."

"Both ends?" Conan questioned finishing up his last knot.

"With the information I have on the Organization we'll be able to reel one, maybe even two of them in," Tim stated. "It's just a matter of picking the right strings."

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Heiji asked.

"You let me worry about that," Tim answered back. "With the gained knowledge that Brutho has ties with the Organization, that also puts the Outworlders on the chart."

"Do you have a plan on how to approach that to?" Conan asked.

"Yes, and it will be much simpler," Tim replied. "They're much easier to come by, not nearly as hard to find as any of the Black Organization members."

"That's all good and said," Heiji commented. "But you haven't exactly told us what your plan is to accomplish these tasks."    

"I'll tell you once we get started," Tim said. "I'm holding off on any further action until I get the results back on that box recovered."

"You mean the Yin/Yang box?" Conan asked.

Tim nodded.

"What if they do infact believe you to be alive," Heiji asked. "Do you have a counter plan of action for us to take?"

"If that happens to be the case I'll adjust any small details if need be."

"So what's so special about this box anyway?"

"We don't really know," Conan replied. "We're just following a lead at this point."

"Heiji I want you to walk Shinichi home," Tim said. "I don't think we should hold off to much longer."

"On what account?" Heiji questioned.

"We already have the Organization, Outworlders, and Black Yangs to deal with," Tim stated. "An aggravated Ran can be just as lethal if we're not careful."

Conan couldn't help but laugh, Heiji pulling the hat to his eyes with the shake of his head.  

"After everything is cleared, meet me at the base any time between four and five."

"Think you'll have the results on that box by then?" Heiji asked.

"Rather doubtful," Tim replied. "I may have some elements identified, but it may take some time for a full run down."

"Good luck with that, Kudo and I will meet you some time this evening."

"Just as planned, see you then."

Heiji walked back to the door with Conan at his side. They made it out of the complex, the first few minutes of their walk being a rather quiet one. The light hit red as the two made their way to the other side.

"I'm just curious," Heiji said stepping to the next side. "How many nights have you spent up in his room?"

"About three, including last night." Conan replied.

"Does Ran know about that?"

"Not until recently."

"You want me to do the talking when we get there?" Heiji asked.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle it."

The rest of the walk was spent in thought, wondering exactly what Tim had in mind for their next move. They arrived back, Conan taking to the front as they headed up the stairs. He turned the knob to the door to find it unlocked.

"There you are," Ran said with her hands falling to her waist. "Where were you last night?"

The two of them froze, almost expecting the other to answer first. Her eyes sharply locked to them, each second as tense as the last.

"He was with me the entire," Heiji began only to be cut off.

"I spent the night at Tim's apartment," Conan admitted. "I sent you a message last night, but you must have had your phone off."

The commanding look dropped from her face, a calming one slowly fading into its place. She walked over with a smile, dropping a hand to Conan's left shoulder.

"Thanks for telling the truth," Ran said with her eyes then flashing toward Heiji who had a half smile to his face. "And what were you going to say?"

Heiji took a step back with a small laugh.

"I was going to tell you the same thing." Heiji said playing it off as best he could.

"I take it you're friends with Tim to?"

"What can I say, Drake and I have a lot in common." Heiji said with that being the first thing to come to mind.

"Is that so?"

"You'd be surprised."

Ran then looked back to Conan who kept a straight face.

"Don't hold your breath, you're not off the hook just yet," Ran said pulling her phone from her pocket. "Let's see if you really sent me a message last night."

Ran turned her phone on while heading for the kitchen, checking to see if what he said was true. Heiji felt a slight nudge to his side, looking down to Conan who looked back to him.

"I'm going to take a shower and get into a new set of clothes," Conan said. "I won't be long, just sit back for a few."

"Easier said than done," Heiji stated bringing his hands to his jacket. "I'm anxious to find out how we plan to engage these guys, especially being the fact how dangerous it could be."

"Keep it down will you, Ran might hear you if you're not careful," Conan warned. "I wouldn't worry about it, Im pretty sure Tim has some crazy plan ready to be set in motion."

"Lets just hope it works," Heiji said. "The last thing we need is another one of his circus acts blowing up right in our faces."

"I think we'll be ok, he seems to have put a lot of thought into it this time," Conan said making his way to the bathroom. "I'll be back shortly, try and relax a little."

"You don't have to worry about that, I'll be just fine."

"That's what I'm hoping." Conan thought to himself as he opened the door to the bathroom.

Heiji pressed his back to the wall, looking to the ground in wait. He found himself lost in his thoughts within the first minute, startled by the touch to the side of his arm.

"Are you ok," Ran asked with concern. "You look a little uptight."

"I'm fine, there's just a lot I need to sort out right now."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"No, but thanks for asking."

"Why don't you at least have a seat," Ran suggested. "Aren't your legs feeling a little tired?"

"The day's just started," Heiji remarked. "I've got plenty of energy to spare."

"Well if you change your mind feel free to do so."

Ran then headed to her room as he watched from the side, the door closing behind her. A good ten minutes passed, messing with the different tunes on his phone to help keep himself occupied while waiting. It didn't last much longer, Conan finally came walking from his room after putting on a new pair of clothes.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be long."

"Is that what you felt," Conan questioned sliding on his watch. "I found that to be rather quick."

"Maybe by your standards."

"You act as if we're in a rush of some kind."

"We're not to meet with Drake until after four," Heiji said looking to the clock." So what are we supposed to do in the mean time?"

"We could go down to the station and see what more they learned about that dead guy found in the cell."

"Good call," Heiji said in agreement. "Considering the fact he was killed where that box was found, it could be related to the guys we're already dealing with."

"Didn't think of it that way," Conan said. "That sure would add a whole nother dynamic to this already ongoing investigation, not to mention putting us ahead of the game since Tim's already working another angle."

"Let's get going, the sooner we get down there the better."

Just as they headed for the front door, Kogoro stormed out from his room while on the phone.

"Hold tight Megure, I'm on the way." Kogoro said dropping his phone into his pocket.

"How's it going Mouri," Heiji greeted. "I heard you talking with Inspector Megure, is everything ok?"

"Something has happened up at the bowling facility right near the station," Kogoro informed. "He withheld all the details, saying I should see it for myself."

"Conan and I were heading up that way, we'll come with you." Heiji said.

"Well we better get going now," Kogoro said opening the door. "It sounds pretty urgent from the way he spoke."

"It's not like Megure not to give a full rundown on what's going on, this must be something out of the ordinary." Conan thought to himself.

They caught a cab once reaching the end of the block. Kogoro sat to the front with Heiji and Conan taking to the back. None of them spoke for the whole ride there, more focused on what they were to face once reaching the bowling center. They pulled up to find the whole place surrounded by officers. Inspector Megure approached as they stepped out from the cab.

"I'm glad you could make it on such short notice," Juzo said taking notice of Heiji. "It's good to see you as well, we'll need all the top guys we can to help figure out what's happened here."

"Was someone killed?" Conan asked.

"I think it would be best if you waited out here, this isn't something a child should see," Juzo said with a turn. "No person for that matter."

"I'll stay here and watch him while you escort Mr. Mouri and Hattori to the crime scene." Wataru volunteered.

"Sounds good to me," Juzo said in agreement. "Kogoro, Heiji, right this way."

Conan watched as the three headed for the front doors, more than disappointed he was forced to stay behind. He looked to Wataru who stood straight, a disgruntled look in his eyes.

"Officer Takagi, do you know what happened in there?" Conan asked.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know.....I really don't know."

Conan looked back to the building, leaning to the light post for comfort.

"He saw something....but what," Conan questioned in thought. "Guess I'll have to wait for Heiji's take on side of things."

They entered in through the front entrance, walking down a long dark hall. It fumed clear, the odor coming on strong as they turned the corner. Blood could be seen to all sides of the wall. Bodies could be seen, but only parts at a time. Kogoro gripped the sides of his pocket as they entered the main room, where the rest of the victims lay, different parts of their bodies scattered in all directions. They stood speechless.

"I've never seen anything like this." Heiji thought to himself.

"What, what time did this happen?" Kogoro asked still less than clear headed.

"Some time after six this morning." Megure replied.

"Any idea why anyone would want to kill any of these people?" Heiji asked.

Juzo nodded.

"Most were former members of the police department," Juzo answered. "Someone may have had a grudge against a few, if not all who were here this morning."

"What could have possibly done this," Kogoro questioned looking to all sides of the room. "A chain saw maybe?"

"Defiantly not," Heiji stated. "Why don't you give the disconnected body parts a look."

Kogoro looked down with a gulp, to shocked by the whole scene to really think with a clear head.

"What makes you think the weapon was something else?" Kogoro asked.

"The cuts are clean and precise the whole way through," Heiji replied continuing his search of the room. "That means a straight edged blade was used, a sword or machete maybe."

"You make a great point Hattori," Megure commented. "But that doesn't explain how someone would be able to come in and slaughter everyone without someone stopping them."

Heiji then looked to the multiple bullets that surrounded the ground.

"Were any of the victims shot?" Heiji asked.

"Guns went off last night, but none of the victims were shot." Inspector Megure replied.

"If no one was shot, then why were guns fired in the first place?" Heiji thought to himself.     
A few more officers entered the room, coming to a stop once reaching Inspector Megure.

"We found something to the wall around back," One of them informed. "I think you better have a look Inspector."

"We'll come with you." Kogoro said more than willing to leave the scene of death.

They exited out of a side door to the left, making their way to the back of the facility. The walk lasted under a minute, looking up to the brick wall witch had a message imprinted in blood. The three of them gasped out, none more surprised at what the message read than Heiji.

"Red Robin must die."

At the bottom of the wall sat a picture of him gliding through the air.

"Very strange stuff if you ask me, so what do you think Inspector?" One of the officers asked.

He didn't answer, lost in the moment of confusion. Heiji walked to his side, tapping him to the shoulder.

"Megure do you happen to know who reported everything?" Heiji asked.

"A young gentlemen named Rick, spends most of his time up at the gym," Juzo replied handing him a small device. "All the survaliance recordings are on there if you'd like to give it a look yourself."

"Won't you need it?" Heiji asked.

"We already have a copy saved to the database."

Heiji dropped the device to his pocket, overwhelmed with everything involving the case.

"Inspector do you want us to start gathering everything to take to the lab?"

"Not yet, we'll hold off on that for a bit," Juzo stated. "I want to give everything another look."

Kogoro followed him back into the building, Heiji standing alone in front of the written message. He glimpsed up at it for a few seconds more, taking all possibilities into account.

"I have all I need, time to report back."

Heiji made his way back to the front of the building, walking over to Conan who still stood to the light post. Conan looked up as Heiji came to a stop in front of him.

"You don't look so good," Conan commented up at his expression. "So what did you see in there?"

Heiji didn't answer, walking to the side of the street to signal for a cab.

"Come on," Conan pushed. "What's so secretive that you saw that you can't tell me?"

"I'll tell you once we get back to your place," Heiji finally replied. "I just need some time to think."

A taxi arrived within the minute, the two of them piling into the back. They took off, neither saying a word to the other the whole way back. Conan looked over to him, a worried look coming to his face.

"Whatever he saw really has put him on edge."

They came to a stop once reaching their destination, walking step for step on their way up to the room. Conan opened the door, closing it after the two of them entered.

"Alright Heiji," Conan said taking a step back. "So what exactly did you see?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"There were body parts laying everywhere, bullets scattered to all corners," Heiji began. "I guess what I'm saying is I just don't understand what happened."

"Did it look like a shoot out took place?" Conan asked.

"No one was shot," Heiji stated. "All body parts were removed by a straight blade of some kind."

Conan's eyes narrowed at this batch of information.

"Was there a written message of some kind left behind?"

"That's where it gets interesting," Heiji confirmed. "To the wall in back of the bowling alley, written in blood was 'Red Robin must die'."

"Just as I thought," Conan said. "This has something to do with the guy who killed those police officers."

"Now that you mention it," Heiji said turning his hat to the back. "Most of the people killed were former officers from the department."

"Whoever killed them must have used a sword or machete of some kind."

"But how," Heiji questioned. "Any one of those guys could have easily shot him if that were the case."

"Who says they were able to see him?"

"What are you implying," Heiji asked with a laugh. "That a ghost killed them?"

"I was thinking more on the lines of some type of camouflage," Conan said. "That would explain the scattered bullets, being the fact they might not have seen what was attacking them."

"Didn't think of it that way," Heiji said. "In any case we need to hurry and tell Drake, someone really has it out for him."

"No kidding, and they're going to extreme lengths to see that he dies."

The door to the side of them cracked open, both looking to see Ran come from her room dressed in her jogging attire.

"I thought I heard voices," Ran said closing the door to her room. "How long have the two of you been standing out here?"

"Not very long," Conan replied. "We just got back from the bowling center."

"The bowling center, how come you guys didn't invite me?" Ran asked.

"We weren't there to play," Heiji said. "Inspector Megure called us up there on business."

"Was it a murder case?"

"One of the most graphic I've seen," Heiji confirmed with a nod. "You couldn't even identify what went with what unless conducting a search."

"That's horrible," Ran said bringing a hand to her mouth. "Did they find the guy responsible?"

"The who and why is still an ongoing thing." Heiji replied.

It became quiet for a few seconds. Ran slowly walked past the two, looking back.

"Would either of like to tag along on my Saturday jog?"

"Thanks for offering," Heiji smiled. "But I think we'll have to pass."

"Conan has a voice of his own, and I'm pretty sure he's fully capable of using it." Ran said looking down to him.

"I would, but my legs are kinda tired." Conan declined as well.

"Well then I guess I'll see you both later," Ran said opening the front door. "And don't you go getting him into any kind of trouble."

"I won't." Heiji promised with a grin.

She closed the door, leaving the two of them to stand alone.

"Now what?" Conan questioned.

"We'll just hang it out until after four," Heiji replied. "That's really all we can do at this point."

He sat to the chair, taking in all the information he received one bit at a time. Things weren't looking good, and to make matters worse there was nothing he could do about it at this given time. The clock rolled past five thirty, the entrance to the right of him sliding open.

"Expected you two a little earlier," Tim said looking away from the computer. "I take it your Saturday is going well?"

"We've tried keeping ourselves occupied." Conan replied.

"We've got ourselves a situation Drake," Heiji said walking up to the side of him. "A group of people were massacred up at the bowling center, another message was left."

"What did it say this time?"

"They want you dead Tim," Conan said entering the fray. "It said 'Red Robin must die', I think we're dealing with the same guy who posted the notes to the dead officers."  

"Kudo's right, these guys were killed by a blade of some type," Heiji added. "Not to mention this guy may have camouflage capabilities, since apparently no one was able to hit him when they took fire."

Heiji then reached into his pocket, pulling out the device given to him by Inspector Megure.

"Here, take this," Heiji said handing it to him. "It has the survaliance footage from the bowling center."

Tim sat in silence, resting his hand to his left cheek in thought. Conan and Heiji stood back, waiting for any response he may have. A minute passed without him speaking a word.

"Tim, are you ok?" Conan asked.

"It's just as I thought," Tim said. "Whoever this guy is has a connection to the Organization, how else would they know I'm alive."

"You do make a point," Conan said. "Now all we have to do is find out who he is."

"But why leave the police with your name and picture," Heiji questioned. "If they want to kill you, then why not just do so?"

"It's probably more of a leverage thing," Tim stated. "Adding another hit man to the hunt I must now look out for."

"Hold on a second, slow down," Heiji said in confusion. "What are you saying now?"

"Not only will the Black Organization, Outworlders, and Black Yangs have it out for me," Tim said looking to the two of them. "But the police force as well."

"He's right," Conan said leaning to the wall. "With more threats to come they'll have no choice but to track you down."

"That should be the red siren," Heiji exclaimed. "We need back up Drake, you need to call in Batman ASAP."

"Can't." Tim said looking back to the computer.

"Can't, or won't?" Heiji asked crossing his arms.

"Over half the men who were stationed at Black Gate have escaped." Tim informed.

"Black Gate?" Conan questioned.

"Black Gate Prison." Tim replied.

"Isn't Bruce supposed to be one of the best tacticians in the world or something." Heiji asked.

"I'd say so, though most don't see that as his most notable strength," Tim stated. "If you ask anyone back home, they'd all refer to him as the worlds greatest detective."

"Say what?!!" Both Heiji and Conan yelled together.

"He's remarkable in that regard If I must say," Tim commented. "But Gotham has it's problems right now, ones which require his full attention, just like we do here."

"Though it's something I'm still considering."

The two of them waited in silence as he looked back to the computer, pulling up another screen. Tim slid the device into the computer, waiting for the survaliance footage to appear upon the screen.

"Greatest detective huh, that's yet to be proven." Heiji thought with a grin.

"I have got meet this guy, just to have the opportunity to test myself against him." Conan stood in thought.

It finished loading, Tim giving the ten minute video a look.

"This only shows what happened outside," Tim said. "Do you have one which covers the inside part of the facility?"

"No, that's all I was given." Heiji said with the shake of his head.

Tim froze the video, zooming in on a man walking from the building.

"What time was that about?" Conan asked.

"Ten after six," Tim replied. "But what I want to know is what they were all doing at a bowling alley, I'm pretty sure none open that early."

"That must mean they were set up," Heiji said. "Someone must have arranged for all of them to meet."

Tim zoomed in further, catching sight of something to the side of his neck.

"Does this guy have a name?" Tim asked.

"According to Inspector Megure his names Rick," Heiji answered. "Why do you ask, you find something?"

"He's got a bengal tatt to the side of his neck," Tim replied. "Ryo also had one just like his, I'd say this Rick guy works for the Black Yangs."

"But I thought this sword killer was associated with the Organization and Outworlders," Conan questioned. "The Outworlders and Black Yangs are enemies right, so if Rick is with the Yangs like you said, then what was he doing there?"

"That's something we'll have to find out." Tim replied.

"Megure said he likes to hang up at the gym, so that could be a place we could look."

"The scans still running on that box, but we need to keep pushing on," Tim said sitting up from the chair. "Shinichi I want you to head home, keep your phone close I'll be calling some time tonight."

"What about me?" Heiji asked.

"I want you to go back to the bowling center, check to see if anyone is lurking around," Tim answered. "I'm willing to bet someone will be there to make sure all evidence is gone that could point to their involvement."

"Sounds easy enough, but what will you do?" Conan asked.

"Preparation, you'll know when I call."

"Alright Kudo, let's go," Heiji said walking toward the door. "I'll walk you home before I head back up to the bowling alley."

Conan nodded, following close behind him. They were prepared for whatever may happen, but one think sat in the back of their minds, more so then it had before. Batman, was he as good as said? It was something the both were hoping to find out soon.

Hours passed with the sun drifting out in the distance. The clock hit ten after eight. He continued his look out of the area, not seeing anyone who might be spying from the distance. He then turned as someone approached from his side.

"Hattori what are you still doing here?" Ninzaburo asked coming to a stop.

"Just the usual routine," Heiji replied. "Making sure there was nothing I missed."

"If that's the case shouldn't you be looking inside,"  Ninzaburo asked. "I doubt you'll find anything crucial relating to the case out here."

"I guess you're right." Heiji said giving the surrounding buildings one last look.

"Why don't you come on in," Ninzaburo suggested. "I'll even go with you."

"I've been out here long enough, one more look inside couldn't possibly hurt."

The two walked side by side as they entered in through the main entrance, quietly walking down the hall. They arrived back to the crime scene, a confused look coming to Heiji's face.

"Is something wrong?" Ninzaburo asked.

"It doesn't look like anything has been touched," Heiji replied. "Shouldn't everything be down at the lab for examination?"

"Naturally," Wataru said joining the two. "But Inspector Megure wanted us to hold off on moving anything."

"How long are we talking?" Heiji asked.

"You'd have to ask Megure, though he did say it wouldn't be for much longer." Wataru replied.

Their attention was directed to the center of the room after a loud whistle, looking to Inspector Megure who waved his hand.

"I want everyone to clear the crime scene." Juzo instructed.

"What for?" Ninzaburo asked.

"I'd like to give the crime scene one last look," Juzo replied. "Alone."

"Yes sir." Wataru said heading for the exit.

Everyone else quickly followed, careful as not to tamper with anything surrounding the area. Juzo then looked over as the last door closed, Heiji being the only one standing in the room alongside him.

"Didn't you hear what I said," Juzo asked becoming impatient. "I said I wanted to give the crime scene one last look."

"What's going on Megure," Heiji questioned. "I find the way you're handling things to be rather strange."

"I'm only going to ask you to leave once more, after that,"

"It's ok Inspector," A voice said from a dark corner of the room. "Let him stay."

Heiji looked over as the figure slowly came into view.

"Red Robin." Heiji said a little surprised to see him.

"You know each other?" Juzo asked looking from one to the other.

"Detective Hattori has assisted me on a few cases, very keen when it comes to detail." Red Robin replied.

"So that's why you instructed for nothing to be moved," Heiji said. "You were waiting for Red Robin to give it a look."

"He claims he can help find who's responsible, he even saved my life," Juzo added. "I at least owe him the benefit of the doubt."

He looked around the room, taking pictures with the use of his cowl. Heiji approached from behind, coming to a stop to the right of him.

"What are you doing here anyway," Heiji whispered. "I already gave you all the details."

"I wanted a look for myself, hearing and seeing are two totally different things," Red Robin replied. "What happened to you being on the look out?"

"Didn't see anyone."

"Doesn't mean they still won't show up."

Red Robin then kneeled to the ground, giving the parts a look, checking to see the clean slice through the bones.

"Heiji was right, a straight blade was defiantly used."

Inspector Megure walked over as well, standing to the left of him.

"What about the message left behind, how do you want me to handle that?" Juzo asked.

"Do what you're supposed to," Red Robin replied standing back to his feet. "Send your unit after me, I'll just do my best not to cross paths with any of them."

"It's risky, but if you say so."

"Don't worry Inspector, it comes with the territory." Red Robin said turning to the opposite wall.

"Megure what about the survaliance footage," Heiji asked. "Is there a tape for what happened inside this place the time of the killing?"

"I'm afraid not," Juzo informed. "Someone not only rigged the security but probably took it with them."

"Great, guess that puts us at square one." Heiji said.

"We do have survaliance tapes from neighboring buildings if you and," Juzo began with a turn only to see Red Robin was gone.

"I hate when he does that." Heiji said.

"Where do you think he went?" Juzo asked.

"Making headway," Heiji replied. "I'm sure he'll have us one step further come tommarrow."

"You seem to know him better than I," Megure said looking to him. "I guess I'll take your word for it."

"Let's just hope he knows what he's doing." Heiji said to himself.

To Be Continued





Converting /tmp/php0L2DdR to /dev/stdout