Chobits Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Be With You ❯ Under the Street Lights We Shall Meet. ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This fan fic was written purely for fun and entertainment, and that being said, no money is made out of it. Ranma ½ belongs to Takahashi-sensei, and Chobits is owned by CLAMP. I claim ownership of nothing, except this story.

Notes:

"..." Japanese speech.

"*...*" Thoughts.

"{...}" Panda signs.

~...~ Sounds.

Let Me Be With You
by
Dark Master Schmidt

-------------------------------------------------------
Prologue: Under the Street Lights We Shall Meet.
-------------------------------------------------------

It was another cold and lonely night. No matter how tough of a person one might be, the cold eastern breeze would still make them shiver. However, there are still many a nights that are warm, and would just fill people's hearts, at least just slightly, with comfort and ease. Even if the feelings caused by such lovely nights were for just a very short period of time, they were strongly welcome, for they are what make a lot of poor lost souls in life find the light. A life of happiness shall be granted to those of with a clear, peaceful, heart and mind.

But, unfortunately, this was not the case for Habiki Ryouga, Lost Boy extraordinaire. Each an every passing night for Ryouga was the same. Just the same coldness and loneliness every time he felt the moonlight shine from the heavens at him. Happiness? What was happiness for Ryouga? Has such a feeling been through Ryouga's heart of glass before? Anger, depression, loneliness, and hatred... Those are Ryouga's best of friends. Was there room for happiness that he didn't even know of?

Didn't even know of? Surely, that's not true now, or is it? But there was Akane-san! Yes, Akane-san, surely she had a place in his scarred heart, didn't she? Her cute smile, her... Her what? Temper? Violent behaviour? Just what would she do if she found out about his secret, about P-Chan? She'd utterly destroy what's left of his shattered heart, won't she? She'd try to beat him up, maybe even kill him, won't she?! No! Akane-san was not like that! She was such a sweet and gentle person... Ranma... Yes, Ranma! It was all his fault Akane acts in such a manner! Ranma, the center of all of his damn problems. Thanks to Ranma, he didn't have now one curse in his life, but three! On top of his stupid family curse, he is to forever be cursed with a weak piglet's body at the mere simple touch of cold water. He also continues to destroy whatever left of his love life with Akane-san.

But, if it weren't for Ranma, he wouldn't have met Akane-san and the Tendos in the first place, would he? That being said, what was Ranma to him anyway? His savior for giving him a possible chance to experience happiness, or is he his sworn enemy for toying with his feelings? He was the one who helped him to get rid of that Mark of God, and the one he helped learn the Hiryu Shoten Ha. Why did Ranma help him? And why did he, Ryouga, help Ranma? The second question's answer was obvious; it was a martial artist's duty to help the weak. It was just the honourable thing to do.

Honourable? What did he know about honour? Wasn't he the one who constantly slept with Akane-san in his pig form?! Wasn't he-

Ryouga sighed as he walked in the empty streets of Tokyo. He shook his head, desperately trying to shake off his repulsive thoughts off his mind. God, was he good at getting depressed! Along with using his fist, it was the best thing he could do! He should be careful; too much thinking could kill you.

"Now where on Earth is Nerima again?" Ryouga scratched the back of his head and stared at the stars in the sky. It was getting pretty late; he should try to find some shelter or a place to put his excellent camping skills to good use.

He yawned lightly as he walked under a street light. Suddenly, he heard some noise towards the wall to his right. He turned only to see a cat running away from a trash dump.

"Probably scared it off," he muttered. Upon looking at the trash again, his half-closed eyes instantly widened, and with a panicked look and a few yelps he took several steps backwards.

"Wh-wh-what the hell?!" he cried. There was a beautiful half-naked blonde girl wrapped only in white bandages and laying motionless within the dump. Ryouga would have nose-bled himself to sleep if it weren't for the fact that he was so freaked out.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!!" Ryouga continued to freak out some more. "Sh-she's not dead, is she?" He gulped. What should he do?! Call the police? Or ignore the whole thing and run away? He didn't want to get involved in a murder case or anything of the sort, he wasn't even used to dead bodies! But he couldn't just leave her like that! That would be so cruel and heartless of him.

"Wait a minute..." Ryouga calmed down a bit. "Is she really dead?" To put his throbbing heart at ease, he walked, albeit slowly, towards the girl. Maybe she was just unconscious? He started to sweat more and more with each passing step.

Thanks to the bright street light, he could see her pretty clearly now that he got closer. She wore such a peaceful cute face... "No, no! This is not the time, Ryouga!" he banged his own head, blushing slightly. Looking at her again, he noticed her huge ears.

Ryouga let out a huge and loud sigh of relief. "She's j-just a persecon," he smiled. How couldn't he notice those ears earlier? He had always liked persecons, they were pretty handy, and are nice company. Unfortunately, they were too expensive for him to afford one. "Don't scare me like that..." What's a persecon doing in the trash anyway?

He blinked. Twice.

"Persecon in the trash..." he muttered, deep in thought. His brain cells were currently busy solving a math problem. "Wait a minute, if she's in the trash, that means she's trash too?" He looked around. "That means I can take her...?" Well, Ryouga couldn't see why not. She didn't have an owner and is not wanted.

When he went to the persecon to lift her up, he remembered the state she was in. He blushed deep red and felt heat rise up his nose. "*She's just a persecon! Just a persecon!*" he repeated in his mind over and over.

Yelling in frustration, he unshouldered his backpack to the ground, and began messing around in it. Now where did he put it? Ah, there it is! It only took him a few seconds to find it. Smiling nervously, he pulled a large brown cloak and started covering the persecon's half-naked body with it.

"That should it," yes, that would be more than enough to stop him from fainting from loss of blood.

He finally began lifting her off the ground and into his arms. She was pretty light. Well, for him anyway. He didn't really know how much strength your average Joe would need to lift her up.

Sighing, he disappeared into the night, looking for a place to set up camp.

--------------------------------------------
TO
BE
CONTINUED......
--------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Yes, it's really short, I know. The next chapter will be much longer. I promise.

Anyway, I got this funny idea when I thought what would happen if Ryouga found Chii before Hideki did, and thus, this fic came into existence, I hope you guys enjoy it. ^_^

It might have seemed pretty angsty at first, but I'm going to focus on comedy, so don't misunderstand. >_>;;