Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In the Past ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Caught In The Past
~'A Chrono Crusade Fanfiction'~
By: Raye Maru Hendrickson

Prologue
A young man walked out of the shadows of a tomb. His hair was long, with a strange shade of violet, pulled back into a braid. Pools of red as enchanting as rubys scanned the horizon. He had the apperance of a twelve-year-old boy, but no one knew the secrets hidden beneath his skin. His ears, pointed at the tip, caught the sound of a crow cawing somewhere in the distance. This was no ordinary boy, he was indeed, a sinner.

A.D. 1989
"Sir! The baby's coming!" shouted a young nurse in a hospital not so far off from the Magdalene Order in New York.
A man rushed into the emergency room as he saw his wife giving birth. He heard many shouts from the room, but the were all just a blur to him as he stood in shock at the sight. His thoughts were interupted soon after as he heard the screeching cry of a baby. He turned to his wife, and as he looked over, she had died. They held a funeral only a few days later, his eldest son watched the baby as he prayed over the dead womans grave. That woman was Justine Christopher, mother of Joshua and Rosette Christopher.

Only two weeks after the funeral, Joshua Christopher Sr. was reported dead to the New York Times. It seemed he had hung himself in his closet, from depression of losing his wife. Now, Joshua Christopher, 4 yrs old, must live in an orphanage and raise himself and his sister, her being not even a month old. They now live in Michigan, at The Seventh Bell Orphanage. They don't know now, but later in their lives, they will meet someone from the past that joined them on a journey that changed their lives.