Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want To Be With You ❯ You Should Have Known Better Than To Lean On Me ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Code: Lyoko or any of its characters. I do however own Sophie.She is totally my own creation. Hands off!

A/N: Italics is what the characters' thoughts are written in

This was written Post-Second Series. So spoilers are probably going to be included.

-------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

((This happened straight after dinner, whilst the last chapter took place))

Sophie went back to her room and didn't really know what to do. Her things were unpacked and there were still two hours until she'd normally go to sleep. She considered reading a book but didn't have the concentration. Something was bugging her but she didn't know what.

Sophie stood up and went over to her mirror. She stared at her black, shoulder-length, pin straight her and felt disgusted. She hated the way she looked. Her grey eyes fell to her stomach. Eurgh, fat. Her eyes rose to her breasts. Non-existant.

"Argggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She screamed. Sophie punched the wall over and over again, shouting and screaming and crying. She couldn't stop letting her anger out on the plain, beige wall. It seemed like forever before she controlled herself. By now her knuckles were bleeding and more painful than anything she'd ever felt. Or that might just have been what she was feeling inside.

Sophie collapsed to the ground. She found the energy to crawl over to her dressing table and pick up a picture frame. It had a picture of a young woman and child in it. They looked so happy. The girl was only about seven. I didn't know what was going to happen, I was so young. I was happy.

Sophie through the picture at the blood stained wall, the glass shattered and fell to the ground. She lay down in the middle of her floor crying her eyes out.

((Now is about when Odd goes for his walk))

Odd was walking down the corridor with Sophie's room on it hoping desperately to just 'accidentally bump into her'. He got to her room and decided to knock on the door. Just before he did this though, he heard a noise coming from inside. He gently pressed his ear to the door. Sophie was crying. His good mood plummetted. What was wrong? He tried the door handle and luckily, she hadn't locked the door. Not many people bothered to lock their doors at Kadic Academy.

"Sophie? What's up?" Odd said quietly, stepping into her room. It was no-longer colourless, though the new colour came from the blood splattered on the walls. He cried out, not even noticing that he did so. He rushed to Sophie and held her in his arms, lovingly stroking her hair. She didn't even recline. Eventually, she stopped sobbing and looked up at him.

"What's happened? Why were you crying? Why did you hurt yourself like that? Tell me... Please."

Sophie took a deep breath, preparing to pour her heart and soul out to her friend of only a few hours.

"It started when I was about ten. Mum took up drinking. I don't know why. It was something to do with Dad. He tried to take me when they divorced but he lost the trial.

So, she started drinking. I didn't understand. I thought that her hangovers and vomiting all the time was because she was sick. She was, is. So I looked after her. I did everything. I learned to cook, to clean, to iron and everything else when I was only ten. I came home from school to fresh vomit all over the house. I cleaned, and cooked. I went shopping for her. We lived off the money Dad sent us. The only time she left the house was to buy more alcohol. But nobody suspected anything. I didn't. I thought it was normal.

I hated my life but it didn't make me stop doing everything that I did. I had no friends. I didn't go out at all. I had the worst grades ever. I didn't know what to do, so I phoned Dad. He came round and saw mum like she was. This must have been a year after it all started. He hit her for treating me like that. I wasn't allowed to see him again. They didn't even come and check on me, those fucking morons.

One birthday my Dad sent me ten thousand pounds. I was awestruck. Where he got it from, I didn't know. Mum wasn't up at all on my birthday so I hid it from her. I started to cope more. Dad sent me regular money aswell as what payed for mum's drink and binge eating. I bought my guitar and laptop. I taught myself guitar, used online lessons and books. I got really good, actually. I found that I didn't have to write anything down, which made it easier. After understanding something, it just stuck in my head. I haven't forgotten anything since.

Then I learned to skateboard. I spent all my free time practicing. Guitar and skateboarding got me through. When Mum started hitting me, I hated it but got through it by playing guitar.

She was getting worse though. I had to put up with her. I had to do everything for her. I lost three years if my childhood. I was growing up too, and had no-one to talk to. About anything. The few friends I'd made over those years deserted me when i got into the music and things I like now.

I started to write stories. One day, only a few months ago, I handed in a novel sized story about a girl who was abused by her drunken mother. My teacher was worried about it. She asked me about it and I couldn't help it, I started crying in front of the whole class and that's when she knew what was wrong.

My teacher contacted social services. The came by my house the next day and found how I'd been treated. Right on the couch, fat as a pig, asleep because of drunkenness. They packed me up and sent me to Dad.

That was the happiest day of my life. But then Dad got shot. Just like that. They don't know who by, but I do. I must have seen that gun a hundred times, tidying her bedroom. God. What was I thinking not telling anybody about it?

So I was sent here after spending the summer holidays in foster services. And well, that's it. All there is to my past."

Odd couldn't speak. After a few minutes he asked her "Why did you do it though? How could you look after her?"



"I'd look after anyone I care for." Was the only answer Sophie could give.

Odd squeezed her again. "I'm really sorry. I have to go. I told Ulrich I was just going for a little walk."

They both stood up and Odd kissed her on the forehead. She blushed and hugged him again.


Odd looked back at Sophie as he turned the corner. She walked back into her room and climbed into bed. I'll tidy up the glass in the morning.



-x-




Ulr ich woke up as Odd creeped through the door and took his shoes off.

"My god, Odd. Where were you?" He almost shouted at his roommate.

"None of your business. Well, okay. I was in Sophies room. Don't look at me like that! She was a bit upset about something so we were talking. That's all."

"Yeah, okay." Ulrich didn't trust that Odd was really that innocent. He'd question him in the morning.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

A/N: What did you think? I'm really trying to make Odd more sensitive.

Sorry I haven't included the others yet. I will in the next chapter, promise.

Please review! I'd appreciate it so much.