Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ I Just Want To Be With You ❯ The Newest Member ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Code: Lyoko or any of its characters. I do however own Sophie.She is totally my own creation. Hands off!

A/N: Italics is what the characters' thoughts are written in

This was written Post-Second Series. So spoilers are probably going to be included.

-------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

Sophie woke up to find that a weight had been lifted from her chest. It took her a few moments to remembers her conversation with Odd the night before. Odd. She smiled.

"You have classes today Sophie Clark. Be strong. You've got good grades. You've accomplished loads. You've got Odd, Aelita, Ulrich, Jeremie and Yumi as friends already! Don't worry." She said to herself.

Sophie looked at her hands and flinched. They hurt her a lot. It was only half past six, she brushed up the broked glass and wiped down the wall with her blood on. Quickly, she ran to the shower so to avoid the long queues Aelita had told her of and was dressed before the wake up bell had even rung.

Sophie picked up her guitar and started playing a song by Kelly Clarkson. She felt she could relate to her so much.

About ten minutes passed and she decided to leave her room and find Aelita or one of the others.

Sophie knocked on the door Aelita said belonged to her. The pretty, pink haired girl answered with a smile. "Hi Sophie!" She exclaimed and dragged her into her room. Yumi was already there. Sophie was suprised. Yumi didn't board there so why was she in Aelita's room at ten past seven or so?

"We were just going to come and get you. Aelita texted me last night." Sophie was still confused. "Aelita saw Odd coming out of your room late last night."
Sophie's eyes widened. "Erm, we were just talking." Yumi and Aelita both had doubtful looks on their faces.

"About what?" they enquired.

"Just something... private." Aelita decided to stop asking her questions until -

"Oh my god, what happened to your hands?" Sophie tried to conceal them in her black hoodie sleeves but her attempt failed. Yumi quickly grabbed them and pulled them out into clear view.

"I... I was upset and well... I just took it out on the wall. It's nothing, really." Sophie mumbled.

"Oh yeah? Well why are you crying?" Yumi hugged her and Sophie just cried her eyes out again.


She went to her room and Yumi and Aelita followed. Sophie picked up her guitar and started playing a slow, sad song. The two girls stood at her door were entranced by the music coming out of the instrument. How could someone their age have such talent? Yumi knew just as soon as she'd asked herself the question. The song was inspired by pure emotion.

Odd and Ulrich turned up at the door and too were awestruck. Odd nudged Ulrich in the ribs hard and whispered "Told you so." Ulrich just nodded.

The song ended and Sophie stood up. She tried to ignore the looks on their faces. Nobody had ever heard her play before, Odd was the first one. She really didn't know how to react. "Um, anyone for breakfast?"

I'm liking this girl more and more by the second! Odd thought.



-x-




After breakfast the group (minus Yumi) had science with Mrs. Hertz.

"Well class. We have a lovely young girl joining our class. Her name is Sophie Clark. Please make her feel welcome."

Sophie sat down next to Odd. "You know, I'm not very good at Science so you'll have to be the smarts for both of us." Odd said. Sophie just laughed and nodded her head.

Science was boring, as usual but not as boring as History proved to be. Or Maths. Sophie enjoyed Italian though. She liked talking different languages, it meant her Mum hadn't been able to understand anything she heard her say.



-x-




At lunch, Sophie was standing behind Odd in the food queue. Sissy, the principal's daughter, walked up to them.

"You're the new girl? I'm Sissy Delmas, school beauty queen three years in a row. If want to get in with the right crowd, you'd do well to hang round with me."

"No thanks," was all Sophie replied. She tried not to be rude.

Sissy just huffed. "You're quite short aren't you? Why don't you grow a bit? I suppose, you're just the right size for that scrawny Odd Della-Robia."

Now Sophie was angry. "Oh yeah? You're pretty tall aren't you? Why don't you try growing a brain next time rather than a couple inches, hey?


Half the cafeteria burst out laughing and Odd just hugged her. None of the gang had even told her about Sissy. Nobody could mention her name without wanting to be sick.

Sissy turned around and faced Ulrich who was sitting at table with Yumi, Jeremie and Aelita. "Ulrich dear, I'm organising a Talent Show in a couple of weeks. Do you want to do a duet with me?"

Ulrich nearly spat his salad out. After swallowing it, her said: "Sissy, dear. One, don't call me that. Two, I'd not sing with you if my life depended on it. Anyways, if it's a Talent Show, our band's going to be playing. We have a new member." Sissy looked confused.

"Who?" She said with a scornful look.

"Sophie." Sophie stopped still with her mouth open. "If she wants to of course. Sophie?"

"Sure!" Sophie smiled as Sissy stormed off.



"Welcome to the band Sophie," Yumi said as the new member sat down. "Ulrich plays guitar, Odd's on bass, I sing and Aelita's our keyboard player. You can be a guitarist too."

"Do you have a drummer?" The group exchanged glances.

"Well, yeah. Did you see that boy on Sissy's right side? The one that looks like an ape. Yeah. Well, he's kind of our drummer. We couldn't say no. He's good and we promised the Principal that they were open auditions."

"Ooh, I see. Sticky situation. Well, we have a couple weeks right? Why don't I teach Jeremie how to play drums? If he wants to." Jeremie smiled.

"That'd be cool."

"Can you play drums? Wow, is there anything you can't do?"

Sophie blushed.

"I mean, all of you will be in the band together then won't you? And well, then there's me. I don't really want to intrude and join just like that."

Everyone started protesting, telling her that she was a world more of a god send than an intruder. Finally, I feel at home. For the first time in my life.



"Do you think I could erm, have a favour though?" Sophie asked kind of shyly. "Anything, whatever you want."
Sophie hesitated and then asked them. "Do you think I could erm... Well, if we do more than one song. Can I sing one, one of my favourite songs? I'm not that bad at vocals. I just feel like I have too. Reasons that are kind of private. Not so private after last night, but private all the same."

Yumi smiled. "Sure you can. Don't worry about it."

"Well, what song do you want to sing then?"

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

A/N: Not really a cliffhanger. I just have a few songs in mind and it's too late to take ages on it. I'll update as soon as I can. Please review!