Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter One
Introductions
The door to Ms. Hertz's classroom opened and a hand coming from the hallway beckoned for the old woman to come into the hall. When the door shut behind her, all the students started to wonder out loud what might be the cause of the interruption.
“What could it be, huh?” Od asked Ulrich and Jeremie.
“Uh oh, what if they found out about Kiwi . . . or y'know . . . X.A.N.A?” Ulrich asked sounding frantic.
“No,” Jeremie replied calmly “, if it was any of those things they would've called us out with them. My guess is that this has nothing to do with us.”
Just as he finished talking Ms. Hertz and a Japanese girl who was dressed in an orange tank-top and shorts walked into the room, and it became deathly quiet. At first sight, the three boys thought that Yumi was standing in the front of their class room, but at a second glance, they noticed the girl in question had much longer hair, and was about two inches shorter.
“Class,” the old woman called, but there was no need to get anyone's attention “, this is Kiko Kamia. She's just moved here from Tokyo, Japan. Isn't that right Kiko?” The girl nodded shyly. “Anyways,” Ms. Hertz continued “, I'm sure you'll all do your best to make her feel welcome.” Then Ms. Hertz turned and spoke quietly to the girl and motioned to Od & company, Kiko nodded and walked up to the threesome.
“Hi,” Kiko said smiling “, I guess you already know my name, but I'm supposed to join your group. Is that okay?” The three boys nodded, still stunned at the resemblance and began to explain the experiment they had been conducting.
Half an hour later the bell rang for lunch, as the students gathered their materials Od came up behind Kiko followed by Ulrich and Jeremie. “Hey, Kiko,” Od said “, how'd `ya like to eat lunch with us? We could give you some help with your schedule if you like. Besides, after you've been hanging out with us, you'll need to watch out for Sissy the sissy.”
“Sure, I'd love to eat lunch with you guys,” Kiko replied “, and I'd really like to know more about the teachers I'll have, but one thing . . .” she trailed off. The boys looked at her expectantly. “Can you actually call what they serve in your cafeteria `food'?” All three looked at each other, then looked at her, then they all walked along laughing like old friends.
When they had all gotten their food, Ulrich and Jeremie sat down on one side of the table, and Od and Kiko sat on the other. After a few minutes of eating, the four started to look at Kiko's schedule, as fate would have it, Kiko had exactly the same classes at the exact same time as her three new friends. They were pondering the phenomenon when a girl's voice startled them from the side.
“Hey, what's going on, huh? Oh . . . Hi, who are you?” the newcomer addressed the last part to her look-alike in orange. She was just as startled at the resemblance between herself and the stranger, as the boys had been just thirty minutes before.
“Hiya, Yumi,” Od said addressing the Japanese girl in black “, meet your clone, Kiko. She's new here. Kiko, this is Yumi. She's a tenth grade day student here.” Yumi and Kiko shook hands, then Yumi went over by Ulrich, set her tray down, and gave the brunette a hug, then sat down next to him.
As the five finished their lunches, they asked Kiko where her dorm room was. When all of the listeners gave a surprised gasp, Kiko asked what it was. “That's the dorm next to ours!” Od and Ulrich exclaimed.
Fifteen minutes later the four 9th graders were walking out to the athletic field for Phy. Ed. when out of nowhere, several power-lines broke and wrapped themselves around Kiko beginning to strangle her! Od and Ulrich pulled off the lines, while Jeremie helped Kiko get away. “X.A.N.A!” the three whispered simultaneously. While they spoke, more lines snapped and began to harass Kiko.
Od and Ulrich got on either side of Kiko and kept hitting the live wires away from the terrified girl not taking much notice to the fact that the attack wasn't aimed at them for once, but at a new girl. Jeremie ran ahead shouting to the others to get to the factory, and to hurry before a teacher found them, so the boys to the park still protecting Kiko.
In the middle of the park, the group paused before a manhole. Ulrich removed the cover and climbed down into the sewers. After some encouragement, Kiko climbed down, followed by Od and then Jeremie. Every person grabbed a skateboard or scooter, then took off through the sewer tunnels then came to a stop next to a ladder up to the surface.
Od climbed up the ladder, slid open the cover, and when he saw everything was clear he climbed out of the hole. He reached down, and as he took Kiko's hand . . . he paused, and his face went blank, as if he was trying to understand the concept of relativity.
(Od's vision) They were on Lyoko, fighting a group of seven crabs. They were all there Yumi, Ulrich, Aelita, himself, and another girl . . . a ninja it seemed . . . with a mask covering all but her eyes, her suit was black with orange flames, at her side was a pack of throwing stars. Yumi, Ulrich, and Od took out a block a piece untilthere were six left, then the ninja threw a hand-full throwing stars, destroying the final four crabs. When the final crab exploded, all the warriors celebrated, and in the celebration the ninja removed her mask revealing the face of . . . “Kiko!” Od exclaimed.