Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ The Secret Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two
The Secret Revealed
“What?! What'd I do?” Kiko asked as Od helped her exit the sewers. She was confused, why had his face gone blank like that, and why did Od seem to be hiding something from her?
“Nothing,” Od replied quickly regaining his composure “, I just thought I saw a rat next to your foot . . . my bad.” The young man felt awful lying to Kiko, she was totally in the dark about why she had been attacked, but now it made perfect sense to him, his vision had explained it all . . . X.A.N.A. had a new enemy.
By the time Od was done thinking, all four were out of the sewer, on solid ground again, and running across the bridge into the factory. Kiko followed the boys down the ropes hanging from the ceiling, into an elevator, and down into a strange blue room. Jeremie sat down in a chair which moved to line the blonde genius up with a large computer console. The other two boys walked off to the side, and sat down, leaning on the wall behind the computer. Kiko stayed in the same spot where she had stepped off the elevator, totally bewildered.
“Hey, what'chya waiting for huh? A written invitation? Come sit down over here!” Od said patting the floor between him and Ulrich.
“Yah,” Ulrich added “, Od just took a shower, so he doesn't stink . . . yet.” Od punched at his friend, but smiled while doing so. When she shook her head, the two came to where she was standing motionless, took an arm apiece, and dragged her to where they'd been sitting just thirty seconds ago. Then they sat down, and in doing so, forced her to sit down between them.
“Oof! Ouch!” She cried as her rear hit the pavement . . . hard. “Thanks guys, now that I've bruised my butt, I can go to sleep happy tonight.”
“Aww, what do ya want me to do,” asked Od jokingly “, kiss it? Y'know, if you'd just come with us in the first place, the whole thing wouldn't have happened.” He grinned at Kiko, because all of them knew that for once the goof was correct. Kiko growled, and punched her teaser in the arm, causing him to wince.
A few minutes later, Jeremie called the three to the console. “Okay guys, I've found the activated tower. I contacted Yumi, and she's on her way, but Kiko used her skateboard, so you'd best take it back and meet her in the park.” Jeremie stated, directing the last sentence mostly to Ulrich. He nodded then left in the elevator. “Now,” Jeremie said turning to his two remaining friends “, I think it's time we explain what's been going on.”
“Yah, I'd really like that,” Kiko said, glad to finally have some answers coming her way as to what'd been going on, and how or why she'd been dragged into this mess. At that, Jeremie began to explain about Lyoko, Aelita, X.A.N.A, and the virtualization process, with the occasional comment from Od who was the only one of her tutors who'd actually fought on Lyoko.
“Now,” Jeremie said “, what you'll look like on Lyoko, and what your weapons will be are up to you, but your special power isn't in our control, it's 100% random . . . So go ahead, make your choices.” Then he got out of the chair, and turned it so Kiko could easily sit down.
It took about two minutes for Kiko to make her choices, these are the choices she made: a black, skintight, sleeveless jumpsuit with orange flames and matching face mask, a shiny orange belt with a pack of 45 razor edged throwing stars, and as a final touch . . . she added orange flame tattoos on her face and up her arms. When she sat back to signal she was done, the two boys looked, and whistled in approval.
“Not to bad,” Od said, mesmerized by the tiny figure on the screen “, but you ain't got nuthin' on me . . . the amazing CAT BOY!” All of the people in the room laughed, and Jeremie mouthed J-E-A-L-O-U-S behind Od's back. Kiko nodded, and laughed some more.
“Hey, what's so funny huh?” Yumi and Ulrich asked as they walked over to the computer, when the two saw the revolving figure on the screen, their reactions were the same that Od and Jeremie had only a moment before. “Wow,” Yumi breathed “, that's awesome. No offense Od, but she totally has you beat in the looks department, and probably in the fighting department too. She could kick your butt . . . not that Ulrich or I couldn't!”
“Yah,” Ulrich added “, `cause by the time we'd get to fight with you on Lyoko . . . you'd only have ten life points left!” That was all it took, everyone in the room fell over laughing (except for Kiko, who was still in the chair).
“Okay guys,” Jeremie said, recovering first “, get down into the scanners, you'll be going to the desert region. With this bit of news, the veterans began to groan, then they became quiet.
“Hey genius,” Od said, remembering his vision “, there are only three scanners, who's staying behind?” The four teens turned to the smiling boy in glasses.
“There aren't three scanners anymore.” He said “,you see . . . I realized this very problem when I started on the materialization program for Aelita. When I did, I figured that we wouldn't unplug X.A.N.A. right away, and that he'd put up a fight before he was destroyed. Anyway, we need Aelita to deactivate the towers, so I started to make a fourth scanner, that I just finished yesterday.” Jeremie grinned even wider at the irony of his actions, while his four cheering friends made their way down to the scanner floor.
On the ride down, everyone could see that Kiko was nervous, so Od tried to cheer her up. “Don't worry,” he said, hugging Kiko “, nobody's ever been lost on Lyoko . . . except for that one time when Yumi fell into the digital . . .” he trailed off.
“OD!” Ulrich and Yumi yelled as they grabbed Od, and threw him to the floor. “Sorry about him.” Yumi said, putting an arm over Kiko's shoulder “You'll be fine, how couldn't you be when you've got the four best guides on Lyoko as friends?”
Kiko opened her mouth to say that there were only four going, and Jeremie wasn't really going to be on Lyoko, when she remembered what she had been told of Aelita. “Alright everyone,” Jeremie said, his voice coming to them over a speaker in the room “, get into your scanners. Aelita should be very close by when you get there.” The doors on the scanners opened, and everyone stepped inside and turned around. The doors closed. “Transfer . . . Od, transfer . . . Ulrich, Transfer . . . Yumi, Transfer . . . Kiko. Scanner . . . Virtualization.”