Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ The Final Battle Part II ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10
 
The Final Battle: Part II
 
Looking down into the basin X.A.N.A had described, the teenagers could see regiments of monsters fighting each other, causing the uninvolved creatures to be distracted. The group held a quick conference, and decided that Ulrich would stay with Aelita, incase some monsters found her and decided to have some fun.
 
“There's only one opening in the cliff, it's over there.” Kiko said, pointing at a dark cave. “X.A.N.A's got to be in there . . . somewhere. Hey, Jeremie, do you have a lock on the tower yet? I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to get back to earth.”
 
“Yes, the scan just localized it, and now the holo-map is giving me a map of where you five and X.A.N.A are located. X.A.N.A is on the sixth floor in that cave, and that's where the tower's at too.” Jeremie said. “One more thing . . . as far as I can see, there aren't any monsters in X.A.N.A's lair, so once you get in there get up, destroy X.A.N.A, and get Aelita in to deactivate the tower.”
 
“Alright, Jeremie, please keep us posted on everything happening outside, and remember that Ulrich and Aelita are staying behind.” Yumi reminded Jeremie. Then the group jumped down into the bowl. They kept along the wall, praying they wouldn't be noticed, or minded by the creatures.
 
Inside the empty cave, they found an ice staircase that spiraled up towards the next floor. Before they set foot on the staircase, however, the group stopped to check for monsters and talk to Jeremie. Everything was fine, so they continued up to the second floor. This pattern repeated, until they were about to reach floor six, where X.A.N.A and the tower stood.
 
“This is too easy,” Kiko whispered “, X.A.N.A must expect us to be coming, he isn't that dumb.”
 
“Yah,” Od said “, unless he really thought that you jumped off for good, and still expects us to be crying in the forest.” Yumi nodded, showing her agreement, but Kiko was still wary.
 
At the landing to the sixth floor, there were four monsters unlike anything they'd ever seen before; they were black horses that had a set of human-like arms sprouting from their shoulders. In their hands, they carried long, sharp spears. “I told you it was too easy!” Kiko screamed as the three ran down the stairs to the fifth level.
 
“I don't see a target!” Od whispered urgently to his cornered friends. “Where could it . . . never mind.” Just like X.A.N.A, these creatures had Lyoko symbols for pupils.
 
“What do we do? Jeremie, any ideas?” Yumi asked.
 
“No, I'm sorry. I don't have any information on them yet, but it might work if you hit them in both eyes at once.” Jeremie suggested, then began to type furiously to try to discover more information about the creatures.
 
“Laser Arrow!” “Razor Star!” Od and Kiko yelled, as they attacked the closest monster together. Luck was with them, and the monster was destroyed. While Od and Yumi destroyed one more monster, Kiko finished off the final two.
 
“I hate to say this, but . . . I TOLD YOU SO!” Kiko said half mad, half joking. Od and Yumi grumbled quietly as they climbed the stairs for the second time, and then screamed just as loud as Kiko when lasers chased them down again. “X.A.N.A you big @^^**$@!” Kiko shouted. Od and Yumi stared, Kiko had never sworn in front of them before. In fact, they didn't think that she was capable of it, but when she did . . . it was a dozy.
 
“Ah, so you defeated my elite warriors . . . no mind,” spoke an evil voice from above “, you will not leave Lyoko alive!” X.A.N.A came down from the top floor and faced his enemies.
 
“Actually,” Od said with a taunt “, even if we fall into the digital void . . . there is always a way we can be materialized again.”
 
“Oh, shut up!” X.A.N.A said, exasperated, then he shot several lasers from her eyes. Only two hit Yumi, but she devirtualized.
 
“Uh, oh,” Jeremie said, as he calculated the damage X.A.N.A's lasers caused. “Watch out! Those lasers drain 50 life points per hit!”
 
“Then let's end this battle now! Razor stars, heyah!” Kiko hurled four stars, and they all hit their marks . . . two in each eye, but X.A.N.A remained.
 
“Nice try, but not good enough. Try some of this!” X.A.N.A gloated, and then shot Kiko's stars back at her. One hit her arm and got stuck in her bone; the others became embedded in the ice.
 
“Kiko, are you alright?” Od asked, rushing to her side. “Can you get that star out of your arm?”
 
Kiko gripped the star then jerked it out, not wincing or crying a word. “Don't worry, Od. I'm fine.” Kiko stood, then transformed into a hornet, and sprayed X.A.N.A down with the very poison he created.
 
“Nooooooooo, you can't beat me! I'm the most advanced computer virus ever! Nooooooooo . . .” X.A.N.A cried as he melted into a pile of red and black ooze, revealing a crying Herb!
 
Wha . . . is that? You can't be . . . What are you doing here?” Od asked, he was just as shocked as Kiko.
 
“What is it? What happened?” Jeremie asked. I am so sick of asking that! Why don't they tell me everything I need to know right away!?
 
“It's X.A.N.A! He's really Herb!” Kiko said, very quietly, as if afraid of the truth. “X.A.N.A melted away after I destroyed him, then Herb was just sitting there in the slime, crying . . . “