Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11
Explanations
“Jeremie, can you tell Ulrich and Aelita that it's safe to come in now? Oh, and be sure to warn them about Herb,” Kiko directed. Why do I almost always wind up taking charge? I'm the rookie! Herb quit trying, and then stood up, his face was red.
“You haven't beaten me yet! I'm still here!” Herb crowed defiantly. “I've been keeping watch on you ever since you all started coming to this school, I've always known the perfect moment to strike . . . when, and where you're the weakest!”
“Kiss my @$$,” Kiko snarled “,and here's a little gift you gave me . . . my parents always told me to share . . .” She closed her eyes in concentration, pulled out four stars, and then opened her eyes focusing in on the sharp metal. In a matter of seconds, the stars burst into white-hot flame. Kiko threw the flaming projectiles at Herb, nailing his shirt collar and sleeves to the was.
“What are you going to do to me?” Herb questioned. The boy's face showed only one emotion . . . fear.
“Nothing, yet.” Kiko said, still seething at the fact that Herb was the cause of most of her problems, and until they were all present, she couldn't do anything to him.
“Kiko, over here,” Od called. "Look at this." Kiko walked to the area where Od's voice had come from, and stopped. "Look behind you," Od called again. Kiko spun around to see . . . nothing, then the wall shivered, and Od walked through. "It's a holo-gram that's hiding a cave. Check it out." Od turned, and went through the wall again. Kiko sighed, then followed.
Inside the room, there were maps of the towers, the school, and of the world. When Kiko looked at the map of the school, she gasped. There was a skull and cross-bones drawn over the dorm rooms that she and her friends stayed in.
"Oh my gosh . . . Kiko, look at this!" Od exclaimed. When Kiko saw what Od had found, she gasped again. There was a control panel that read "Robot Herb", and a monitor right above that. The screen showed the lunch room from the robot's point of view. "AUTO-PILOT" showed in green, block letters in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Kiko asked, drawing circles around a button labeled self-destruct.
"We can't, he'd blow up in the middle of the lunch room!" Od reprimanded, but his eyes shown with childish mischief. "If we did push that button . . . everyone would find out that he was a robot!"
"Come on! The power will run out sooner or later, then what? Everyone will think he's dead, and then an autopsy will show he was a robot. Think of the news stories!" Kiko said, and then pouted. "Please? We can do it when Ulrich and Aelita come . . ."
"Od? Kiko? Where are you? Holy guacamole! X.A.N.A. really is Herb!" Ulrich exclaimed. Od and Kiko stepped out of the room. "Whoa, where'd you come from?"
"You two should really look in there," Kiko said, pointing to the hologram wall. "It'll blow your minds." Ulrich and Aelita went into the room and looked around for a while, then came out with the same expression the other two had a while before.
"Okay, Jeremie, we're all here . . . so what should we do with our little captive? We can't just let him go!" Kiko said, obviously wanting to hurt the sniveling, zit-faced, nerd.
"I think we should press some answers out of him first," Yumi's voice came ", then you guys can do what ever you want. Man, I wish I was on Lyoko right now!" After a bit more discussion, the idea was approved by one and all.
The four stars were removed, and the two boys forced Herb to stand up, and the girls stood in front of him. No matter what they did, no useful information passed across Herb's lips.
"That's it," Kiko said, after ten minutes of failure ",he isn't going to say anything. Let's hurt him now!"
"Wait a minute," Jeremie said ", give me a bit to change his virtual programming . . . that way, when he looses all of his life-points, he won't come here . . . but he'll be permanently deleted."
Od and Ulrich dropped Herb on the ground, and stepped back to form a box around the coward with the girl's help. "Okay," Jeremie said ", go ahead. When he disappears, he'll be gone for good. The same with anything he's created."
"Yes!" The three earth kids cheered. "It's soooo payback time!"
"Let's be slightly fair," Ulrich suggested. "We'll give him a ten second head start . . . then you're toast."
This is gonna be so much fun! Kiko thought happily. I wonder if this will take away my powers. "Wait," Kiko said, grabbing the fleeing boy by his shirt. "What about my sister? Why are her powers different than mine, and will both of our powers be taken away?" Flames shot from all over Kiko's body, showing how angry she was.
"Your sister's powers aren't controlled by me, they're connected to her!" Herb whined, pointing to Aelita. "She's the source of your sister's powers. Your powers existed inside of you all along; I just brought them out, and made them harder to control."
Kiko let Herb go, then made as if to walk away, then nailed the figure with a spinning back-kick. "Let the games begin!" Kiko shouted, releasing five stars into the fallen figure's body.
"Fifty life points left!" Jeremie told his friends. “Forty, thirty, twenty, just ten left!”
“May I?” Aelita asked just as Ulrich was about to slash at the cyber human. Ulrich stepped back, and nodded. Aelita went to her knees and hummed, as she did, a giant ice sickle on the ceiling shook, and fell squarely on their enemy. With a giant poof, Herb disappeared. In the background, the thousands of monsters exploded.
“Go a head Aelita . . . I'd like to get back to earth as soon as possible,” Od yawned. “I've got a date with my pillow that was interrupted by this whole mess.”
“Alright, here I go,” Aelita smiled, walking into the tower on the right side of the room. “I'll hurry.”
Ulrich looked strangely at Od and Kiko then asked “Are you two in love or something? You're almost always together . . . and you keep looking at each other like Aelita and Jeremie do.” The two being confronted blushed, and then both nodded.
“You shouldn't be talking, Ulrich! It's not like everyone doesn't know that you and Yumi like each other . . . at least we don't try to hide it so much.” Kiko snapped, saying this a bit sharper than she intended to.
“I . . . uhhhh . . . so what? Wait, how many people know about Yumi and me?” Ulrich asked, blushing when the subject of Yumi was brought up.
“You've got to be nuts,” Od said, with a surprised face. “The question is who doesn't know about the two of you.”
Ulrich looked ready to retort to Od's comment, when the rush back to the past engulfed them.