Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Return to Kadic ❯ Fast Forward >> ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
Fast Forward >>
Kiko was sitting on the floor in Jeremie's room like she had been when she told everyone about her past. Everyone looked around . . . then everyone began to talk at once. “I can't believe it! We're back!” Ulrich cheered.
“Yah, I'm me again! Nice job Jeremie. How'd you do it?” This was Yumi, obviously glad to be back.
“Don't ask me . . . ask Kiko. The idea that worked was hers,” Jeremie said, giving all of the credit to the Japanese girl in orange.
“Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. What was my idea?”
“Your idea was to reverse the reversal program, remember?” Jeremie reminded her.
“Great job, Kiko!” Od said, hugging Kiko. For the first time since they met, Kiko didn't pull away from the hug that was given to her.
“Yah,” Ulrich said," I guess we have three geniuses in the group now.”
“It wasn't that hard, I just thought logically. If you need to go somewhere that you've already been, just retrace your footsteps, and go backwards.” Kiko explained her thinking, and everyone nodded, showing their understanding of the concept.
“We should go,” Yumi said looking at the clock on Jeremie's desk “, we all have classes tomorrow, and I'm totally bushed.” This last bit was emphasized by a yawn, and then Yumi, Od, Kiko, and Ulrich got up and left.
When they were in the hall, Od told Kiko that he needed to talk to her . . . alone, at the same time Ulrich told Yumi the same thing. “Tell you what . . . let's just do a small change for now. Od comes with me into my room. Yumi you can go with Ulrich.” The suggestion was approved, and the two groups went to their designated places.
“So what do you need to talk to me about that couldn't be discussed around the others?” Kiko asked when they were inside of her room, on her bed.
“Nothing much, just those e-mails we sent to each other when we were seven . . . y'know . . . about what we signed at the end.” Od said, feeling uncomfortable as Kiko on this subject.
“What about it? Did you not like what I wrote? If I remember correctly, you wrote the same thing back.” Kiko said coyly, knowing he wasn't really upset at her.
Od scooted closer to Kiko. “No, I'm not mad . . . just confused. You usually act like you don't like me, and then you said that you . . . well, y'know . . . love me. I just want to know what you feel for me.”
“I really do love you, but I just can't show it very well after everything that's happened to me. I'm used to keeping my emotions as minimal as possible.” Kiko broke down crying on Od's shoulder, relieving all of the pressure built up inside of her.
Od just sat there and let her cry, not knowing what to do. When her sobbing stopped, she lifted her face to look Od in the face. Kiko felt embarrassed for breaking down and crying the way she had done, never before had she revealed this side of herself to anyone. Od wasn't sure what he expected, but he knew he didn't expect what happened next . . . she began to giggle, then flat out cracked up.
“Are you all right?” Od asked, beginning to laugh himself. The two laughed for about five minutes, and just when they were settling down, they looked each other in the eyes . . . and started to laugh again.
“We'd better be quiet, or Jim'll hear us,” Kilo whispered, still giggling.
“Well, if you hadn't had started laughing . . . then we wouldn't have gotten so loud,” Od whispered back, still giggling a slight bit as well.
“I can't believe it. I did it!” Cried Jeremie. The blonde boy jumped up and did a slightly . . . actually an unbelievably disturbing victory dance. “I did it. I did it, the materialization program works! Aelita, do you hear me?”
“Yes, I hear you. What is it?” Aelita asked, glad to have someone to talk to.
“I did it, the materialization program works! I also perfected the de-bugging program, so you'll be able to come to the real world again!” Jeremie told Aelita.
“That's great! I can't wait until I can eat ice cream again!” Aelita said enthusiastically.
“We'll get everything set up tomorrow, and you'll be on earth before the new school semester starts. Good-bye, Aelita.” Jeremie saved the program on a disk, and closed the link to Lyoko. Finally, Aelita will be here with us. Why do I feel like something is wrong with our plans? Oh well, somebody will think of it in the morning.