Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ The new guy ❯ A grim situation ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"What's he doing here!" Jeremie said angrily as he saw James. "I could ask you the same question" James said, just as angrily as Jeremie "You said we wern't supposed to come down here". Jeremie looked like he was about to respond, before Ulrich inturrupted "Jeremie will explain that later. Right now, I'm sure that the others need my help on Lyoko". Ulrich got into the elevators, and headed down one floor to the scanners. "So Lyoko's a place, not a person" James said. "You thought Lyoko was a person" Jeremie said with a laugh. "Well this whole stupid thing is still confusing to me!" James replied, obviously finding nothing funny about the entire situation. "Hold on, I'll explain the whole thing in a moment" Turining his attention back to the computer, he began to process of sending Ulrich to Lyoko "Transfer, Ulrich... Scanner, Ulrich... virtulization!" And with that, Ulrich landed in Lyoko.

As things were going, Ulrich couldn't have arrived at a better time. They were in the desert area, and Odd had 20 life points, and Yumi 50. They were currently in a fight against 2 bloks. As one of them were preparing to fire a laser at Odd, Ulrich would stab it in the X.A.N.A. eye. He would then stop the 2nd blok from firing its laser as well. "You guys were having trouble with these things" Ulrich said. But unkown to him, a krabe snuck up from behind him. "Ulrich look out!" Yumi said. The Krabe fired his laser, and Yumi jumped in the way. "Yumi, ten life points left" Jeremie said from the real world "Another thing, X.A.N.A.'s monsters seem to be in full forced today guys, so be extra careful" As the gang from Lyoko tried to get Aelita to the activated tower, Jeremie began trying to explain to James what exactly was happening.

"So what your saying is..." James said, repeating everything Jeremie had told him "X.A.N.A., a virus basically, uses these towers to mess with the real world. Only Aelita, who is on this virtual world called Lyoko, can deactivate it". "Correct" Jeremie said "Yumi, Ulrich, and Odd are basically meant to protect Aelita while she tries to reach the tower. When she does, our trip back in time reverses almost anything X.A.N.A. does. My job is to send them to Lyoko, and work on a way to get Aelita to the real world". "And I'm assuming, that if Aelita loses all her 'life points', then she's gone forever?". "Correct". "Sounds like a giant video game to me" James said with a chuckle. James continued to watch the holomap while Jeremie told him how to tell the diffrence between enemies, and our heroes.

Meanwhile, back on Lyoko, things wern't looking good. They had managed to get rid of the krabe, but they had to go through three roachsters, three waspsters, and now, they had to fight a megatank. Through all of this, Odd and Yumi had ten life points, and Ulrich fifty. "Guys" Jeremie said "I told you to be careful! You all are almost out of life points!". "Aelita, get to the tower, we'll distract the megatank". Aelita nodded, and began to ran. But they megatank was a bit too smart for this trick. It turned and fired at Aelita. Yumi had jumped in the way, and was hit by the blast. Needless to say, she was devirtualized. As she was sent back to the real world, things continued to get worse on Lyoko. "Odd, Ulrich, you're the only to left!" Jeremie yelled with panic. "Well, duh Jeremie". Ulrich said. He would take his charge at the megatank when it opened its shell to attack. But the megatank beat Ulrich to the punch, and blasted him with its powerful laser. Ulrich was also sent back to the real world. Now, as only Odd was left, he would try the trick that he constantly used against the megatank. He ran at it as it was about to shoot and jumped on it, flipping it upside down, only to be blasted like Ulrich. With that, nobody was left in Lyoko to help Aelita.

"Oh no!" Jeremie said "There's nobody left! Now what will we do!". "I know" James said, with the most serious expression on his voice "I'll go". "What..." Jeremie said "Oh no, no way, forget it. There is no way I'm sending someone with the lack of experience as you". "Do you have much of a choice!" James yelled back. Jeremie thought for a second, but only came up with "But, you don't have anything set up, your weapon, anything!" "Yeah, take care of that for me. Thanks!" James said, running inside the elevator. He went down to the scanner room, where Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi were still waiting. "James! What are you doing" Odd said. "Well since there's nobody else here, I have to go to Lyoko". All there of them started to argue, trying to stop him from going, but Jeremie said "Guys, we don't have much of a choice here. He can practice at a later time. James, your profile is all set. Please step into one of the scanners". James did so, and Jeremie said, preparing the virtulization process. "Well, here goes... everything".