Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ Brother of the CORPSE BRIDE. ❯ Meet The Brother. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
Hello there…. My name is Mykan, and I am a Corpse. That's right, if I am a Corpse, then I am indeed dead.
 
I've been dead for nearly 20 years now, and I live in the World of After-life.
 
Among all the corpse's and Skeletons down here, only one has ever been familiar to me.
 
Emily! Our Corpse Bride as she's known to us as. How do I know her so well and how does she know me?
 
Well; this may come as a bit of a shock to you but, She happens to be my Sister; my Twin-sister to be exact.
 
However, she is a little older than I am now because although we were born at the same time, we died in different times.
 
My sister's friends told you how she died; waiting for her true love to come for her.
 
But how did my life end you ask?
 
It all happened a year before Emily died, when we were still Twins… Alive!
 
* * *
 
[SONG]
 
-Hey, give me a listen
You corpses of cheer
At least those of you
Who still got an ear
I'll tell you a story
Make a skeleton cry
Of our own Brother of the Corpse Bride
-Die Die
We all pass away
Don't wear a frown, cause it's really ok
You might try and hide
And you might try to pray
But we all end up
The remains of the day

Yah, yah, yah, yah, yah
Yah, yah, yah

-Well the bro of our beauty
Known for miles around
Made dresses for women in every town
They were really good looking
But not paid very much cash
And poor little he
He fell hard and fast
When the mayor said no
He just couldn't cope
So our dress maker had given up on all his hope

-Die, Die
We all pass away
Don't wear a frown, cause it's really ok
You might try and hide
And you might try to pray
But we all end up
The remains of the day

Yah, yah, yah, yah, yah
Yah, yah, yah

-Yeah, so he vowed he would never make another dress again
When the town knew of this, it gave them great pain
The mayor said “This shall no longer be with toyed”
“And I hereby declare, his works and home be destroyed”
The very next night, or so I am told
After paying his workers a lot of gold.
The Mayor drove to a castle on the cliffs near the sea
for Mykan lived there believe you me
But what he did
was as bad as can be!?
(And then?)
He grabbed him
(And then?)
Tied him up
(what happened next)
He was thrown off the cliffs by the mayor.
(And then?)
And then baby, everything…went…black.

-Now when he opened his eyes
He was dead as dust
His Castle was gone
And his heart was bust
So he made a vow that he would see
The he'd get revenge on mayor for ruining he
That's what he wanted, but there was no point
So he came down here to this dead land old joint
He keeps making dresses for all to preside
And that's the brother of our CORPSE BRIDE

-Die, Die
We all pass away
Don't wear a frown, cause it's really ok
You might try and hide
And you might try to pray
But we all end up
The remains of the day


YEAH
 
* * *
 
Yes, that's how I ended up here. The mayor didn't approve of my refusing to make anymore dresses for such little pay.
So, He burned all the dresses I made, destroyed my castle, and worse than that, he tossed me off the cliffs and I died.
 
Not that I had much to live for in any case. All I ever did with my time was made Wedding dresses, ball-gowns all that stuff.
 
I lived alone, in my castle all alone. No family, no friends. Mother and Father died in a car accident, but made it to heaven.
 
My sister Emily had moved away to another town. We separated as Living souls, and we never saw each other again.
 
…Until we were reunited down here to be exact.
 
Emily told me of how she fell in love with a stranger who killed her one night in the forest.
 
One day, a man Victor Van Dort came along, and even thought it was by a misunderstanding… he married my sister.
 
After taking his final vows, Victor drank the potion that would make him one of us… a corpse.
 
Victor and I met before, but I wasn't sure if he would learn to like me as his brother in-law.
 
As if that was hard enough, I hardly knew anybody down here. For my after life is the same as was my living life.
 
I live an old Dark Castle up on the mountains just near the town, all by myself, designing dresses for the ladies.
 
Still, that doesn't change much for me. I hardly ever leave my castle as I just design dresses Day in and out, hardly ever stopping.
 
Well; at least I am dead, so I don't really need to eat or sleep or do many of the things I used to do.
 
Well, I had to go, there was a wedding taking place down in the town and I was to be there for compliments on making the bride's gown.
Everyone was a lot nicer to me here as my work seemed to please them, but it still meant a lot to me.
 
Although they did extend thanks to me and even granted me awards, they still had something I never had… a true love to call my own.
 
I had died when I was only 25; I had never even met any women for they all just want me to make them a dress… that was it.
 
Never referring to me for help, never relying on me to be there when they needed it, just using me, and casting me aside like an old glove.
 
I never learned what it was like to be in love, unlike my sister. So I decided it would be alright if just stayed away.
 
My domain is now the shadow, I must stray from it cautiously when I'm not needed.
 
If I do, I must quickly perform my task at hand and then fade away without leaving a trace.
 
Which proves to be quite difficult, as I am a Corpse my body tends to fall apart a bit.
 
It doesn't hurt me, no; I just keep picking it up and putting it back on again like that.
 
My skin was gone on some parts of my body, and my bones were visible to the eye.
 
I wore a tattered black tunic, white gloves over my skeleton hands, and a tattered red and black cape was attached from behind me.
 
I may not look much like a perfect man. Still… It would be nice if I had someone to relate to, like Emily does.