Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ Brother of the CORPSE BRIDE. ❯ The Dream that never came true ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
My castle was located on top of one of the highest mountains in the land of the Dead, and had an amazing view.
 
Still, it was kind of awkward, living in a big place alone. Could you even blame me?
 
It looked just like the same castle I had lost when I was alive, and it wasn't very pretty either.
 
When I was alive it was the only place I had to go to when the day was done, and I was feeling bad.
 
* * *
 
[Mykan]
 
-I walked up the hills with my heart full of blues
And my toes were all terribly sad in my shoes
I had failed once again, even though I mad the grade
I delivered a dress, but had been hardly paid
 
-And As I walked far away on my own
There was nothing to do but go home…!
 
 
-The place where my family had left me
Was badly in need of repair
The kinky green shutters were roaming
The weather-vain flapped in despair!
 
The termites were munching the staircase
As I climbed to the very top shelf
In the place where my family had left me
Alone…All Alone… by myself!
 
* * *
 
Up in the tallest tower of my castle, I was already hard at work, sketching and drawing out the designs for the three gowns I promised to make.
 
An ice-bag was tied to my head, because I got incredible headaches whenever I was feeling down.
 
“I of course I understand!” I mumbled to myself, “You would like me to make you these gowns.”
 
“If you only knew what it's like for me, working hard day and night, hardly ever stopping…”
 
“THINK NOTHINIG OF IT!!!!”
 
I threw my pencil hard at the desk, which knocked a few of my books down from the shelf.
 
One of the books clanged into my head knocking it to the ground, and the doorbell rang.
 
“Oh…My…head!” I moaned.
 
I screwed my head back onto my body, walked out into the large foyer, looked down the long trail of stairs, and called out…
 
“The Door is open!”
 
“Hello!” called a familiar voice, “Mykan, are you here?
 
 
“Emily, Victor!” I said sounding better, “How lovely to see you two. Come into the kitchen and I'll make us some tea!”
 
* * *
 
Emily and Victor noticed that my hands were quivering as I tried to sip my tea form my cup.
 
I even dropped it and the tea spilled allover Emily's arm. Luckily it was the arm with no flesh, but it still was rather hot.
 
“Oh… I'm sorry Emily.” I said, “I'm just so really tired. I haven't rested a wink in years.”
 
“I've worked so hard Day and night without really having so much as a cat nap… YOU'D THINK I WAS DOUBLE DEAD!!!”
 
I slammed my fist into the table, and it came right off my wrist rolling into Victor's lap.
 
Then; I fell over on the sofa, whimpering over my condition. “Look at me!” I cried, “I'm falling apart… I'M A WRECK!!!”
 
“Then why don't you take a break, and go to sleep.” Said Victor passing my hand back, but I just shook my head.
 
“If only I could Victor.” I said. “But it's not that simple. Even when I don't have any dresses to design, I still am troubled.”
 
Emily finished cleaning her bones and said, “That's partly why were here. We want to know what's troubling you.”
 
“Yes, please tell us what it is, we want to help you.” added Victor.
 
I sighed, and said, “Victor, Emily… Come upstairs, I want to show you something!”
 
* * *
 
We traced the stairs to a doorway, and inside the room, were wedding dresses on manikins wall to wall.
 
Victor was so amazed that he almost knocked one of them to the ground. “Careful!” I said, “That dress was worn Queen Elizabeth!”
 
“The Queen Elizabeth of England?” asked Victor, I nodded my head.
 
“Where else do you suppose she got her gown from, from a Boutique-shop?”
 
“I designed dresses for many women, especially royalty. Each and every one of them wanted a sample of my work.”
 
“And they got it, but I didn't get so much more as 500 dollars in return. That was hardly even enough to get me through the week.”
 
“Then one day, I had a dream. I dreamed I was going to design the prettiest Wedding dress in history.”
 
“…So Great, that when I finally had made it, it would only be worn by my true love, the woman I would marry up with.”
 
“Her picture would be the most elegant in all bridal magazines, the dress would be worth millions, and people would say…”
 
“That's Mykan's wife, that's right.”
 
“But what was I ever thinking about? I never got to know a single woman when I was alive.”
 
“So my dream never came true, and never shall!”
 
Victor and Emily were getting closer to the source of my troubles, “You mean, all you ever wanted was a wife?” asked Emily.
 
I nodded my head, “I would given up my entire career if I could have someone to love.”
 
“So why don't just return to the land of the living for awhile?” asked Victor, “Who knows, you might be lucky like Emily and I.”
 
“Because…” I said, “This is my sanctuary!” The mountain bugs began playing music again, and I couldn't ignore it at all.
 
“Your sanctuary?” said Victor, and I nodded as I began to sing while we all looked at images from the world of the living.
 
* * *
 
[Mykan]

-Lonely in this castle made completely out of stone
Gazing at the people
up above below me
All
these years I watch them as I stay down here alone
Missing out on
histories they show me
-All my life I memorize their faces
Knowing them as they will never know me
All my life I
wonder how it feels to pass a chance
Not
below them
But one
of them

-And out there
Living in the sun
Give me one day out there
All I ask is one
To hold forever

Out there
Where they all live unaware
What I'd give
What I'd dare
Just to
have one chance out there

-Out there among the millers and the weavers and their wives
Through the
roots and groundlings I can see them
Eve
ry day they shout and scold and go about their lives
Heedless of the gift it is to be them
If I wa
s in their skin
I'd treasure eve
ry instant

-Out there
Strolling by the Seine
Taste a morning out there
Like ordinary men
Who freely walk about there
Just one
chance and then
I swear I'll be
outcast
With my share
-Won't resent
Won't despair
Old and bent
I won
't care
 
I'll have spent… One… chance… Out THEEEEEEEEEERE!
 
* * *
 
While I stood there, Emily was whispering something into Victor's ear. Did they actually know a way to help me?