Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Can you still die after you died? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
At the Farm house, Victoria and Emily were setting the table ready for dinner. “If I do say, Emily. We have enough food here to feed an army of the dead.”
 
Emily looked up from her stew pot. “Well that's the trouble with working on a farm.” My sister said. “The work never seems to be done, and those husbands of ours deserve a good feast after working hard toady.”
 
Emily's maggot popped through her eye again, and it landed right in the stew. “You'd think with all this food you cook, you'd both be spoiling them.” He said.
 
An irritated Emily picked her eye out of the pot and cleaned the stew off it. “Heh… waiter there is an EYE in my soup.” The maggot joked.
 
Emily popped her eye back in. Victoria just had to ask. “How in the world can you put up with him?”
 
“Mmm… you used to it.” Said Emily. “And after a while he's not such a--” she moved in closer. “P-E-S-T!”
 
“I can spell you know!” The Maggot said from inside Emily's head.
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door. “Darlings… we're home.” I called. Our wives walked out and embraced us in a warm hug. They really did miss us when Victor and I went to work in the fields.
 
Victor's dog scraps leapt right through the door and barked happily before jumping on the ladies and licking their faces.
 
“Oh, Scraps!” Victor chuckled. “I guess he's happy to be home.” I added.
 
“Ah… happy is right.” Victoria giggled as Scraps' tongue creased her face.
 
“Oh, how many times have I told you not to do that Scraps. You're wrinkling my Wedding dress.” Emily said.
 
Victor knew one thing that always got Scraps off. So he walked into the kitchen and began opening a can of old dead dog food. Scraps heard the sound of the food pouring into his dish and rushed off as if he hadn't seen food since he died.
 
“Works every time.” Victor said as he patted his dog.
 
Emily giggled. “Oh, what a cutie.” She said as she joined her husband in the patting. “Now I really wish I had seen him with fur.”
 
The maggot came through her ear this time. “Yeah… I'm sure he looked a lot cuter than what I've seen in this head.”
 
Finally he'd gone too far with his unwarranted insults. Emily gave me the signal and I grabbed the Maggot. “Hey… hey… What are you doing to me? Let me down!”
 
“I think we'll take dinner, and you'll take a ride.” I said. When the maggot heard the word RIDE he knew he was in for it as I placed inside an old small bubble ball and bowled him out the door.
 
“No… No, Mykan… Ooh… I hate it when he does this!” he cried as he tumbled about as his ball rolled. “Oh dear I can't stand—I am going to blow Chow-chow everywhere!! Get me out of here! Aye-Aye-Aye-Aye--”
 
CRASH !! He hit the pig's trough pretty hard. “Well… I guess he's had enough.” I said, “Shall we eat?” the others all nodded and when sat down to dinner.
 
The Maggot dizzily crawl and swayed out of the bubble. “Oh, My head! Oh, My head!” he groaned. “Oh… I don't feel well. Ooh… you just wait until I see you again wherever you are Mykan! Just wait until I-- Oh, I don't feel well--”
 
“I am going to hurt you!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Somewhere, in the dark wastelands, A small plump Corpse that went by the name of Barrack was walking through the deserted lands.
 
“Oh, boy… this is what I get for serving Lord Barkis, an eternity in limbo?” he asked himself in a half shy and half dumb voice.
 
Barrack used to be Lord Barkis' faithful servant when he was alive and when Lord Barkis was rich. Then one night when out running an errand for his master, he ran into a pack of wicked fog and couldn't see where he was going.
 
He couldn't read the roads signs and steered his wagon right onto a bridge that was under repair. He fell right into the cold waters and drowned.
 
Ever since then he had lived here in the land of the Dead, until he could find some way to complete his unfinished business and make it to the next life. Ah well… for now he just spent his time exploring the land of the dead around him.
 
Suddenly, he was so lost in his day dreams, that he once again was not looking where he was going and walked right off a step slope.
 
“Whoa!!” he banged and bopped down the sharp rocks. “AH… OOH… EEE… AGH!!” Even though he was dead and was immune to the pain, it was still pretty frightful.
 
He just kept right on rolling and rolling, right into a small cave where he fell through a giant hole in the ground and finally stopped.
 
His head had come off in the commotion, but he picked it up and screwed it back on his body. “Oh, boy… Whoa. Oh, I tell what… Whoa!”
 
Suddenly he heard heavy footsteps coming towards him, and a deep angry voice yelling. “Who dares intrude on my solitude?!”
 
That voice sounded, and up came a large tall Skeleton. “Get out you!” he growled while grabbing Barrack by the neck. “OUT… OUT I SAY--” but the he let him go as if he recognized him.
 
“B-B-Barrack… Is that you?” he asked in Lord Barkis' voice. It was him alright, Barrack could barely believe it.
 
“Master… is that you in the flesh?” he asked. But then he realized that Barkis had no flesh on him at all, just bones and eyes. “Sorry.”
 
Lord Barkis was happy to finally have a familiar person to be with him. “Look at what's happened to me… I've been rotted away to… to… THIS!!” he growled at himself. “Oh… and it's al because of that Victor Van Dort! Oh, how I loath him.”
 
“I'm not surprised, Sir.” Said Barrack. “I saw him one day with my own eyes. Victor is here in this world.”
 
“WHAT!!”
 
“Yah, yah… he married that Emily girl you killed and lives with her and that a… what's her face… uh, Victoria!”
 
It was bad enough for Barkis to deal with the fact that all three of the people who drove him to his death had done that, but now having to spend an eternity here in the same world with them.
 
“If only there was some way I could return to the living world.” He said. “I could do my unfinished business and then finally teach all, dead or alive, who's the greatest of the greatest.”
 
“What, you mean go see Elder Gutknecht?” asked Barrack.
 
“Whom?”
 
“Yeah… you now, the wisest one in all Dead-land he must have some kind of magic to help you get what you want.”
 
An evil smile spread across Barkis' jaw “Of course…” he sniggered. “Ha, ha, ha…That's just what I'll do. I'll gain the Elder's magic and bestow it upon me. Then at last…”
 
His voice was making the whole cave echo with fear. “All who did this to me, Especially Emily will pay. Because I wonder… can a person be killed even after they are dead?”