Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ I think that it is wonderful ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
Barkis and Barrack had a hard time climbing out from that cave while trying not to drop any of their bones behind.
 
“Now… this Elder Gutknecht you say?” Barkis asked. “He has a private stash of books and things somewhere?”
 
“Sir, is this the face of a guy who'd lie to you.” Said Barrack. “Come on, just think of it, soon you'll have your spung back into you and be your old nasty self again.”
 
Barkis smiled wickedly, and then saw up ahead the old mountain trails leading up to the castle of where I used to work and live.
 
“That's the place… right there!” said Barrack.
 
“Right… on we go!” snapped Barkis and lead their wagon that they were traveling in at full speed.
 
“Whoa… Master please… I'm losing my flesh!” cried Barrack.
 
“You're lucky you haven't lost more than that!”
 
When the reached the up most point, they abandoned their wagon and proceeded up to the castle on foot. Of course as always the mountain trail leading up to my old castle was stepper but less slippery.
 
Obviously it seemed unoccupied, so they just walked right in and grabbed a torch to light things up. “My word… look at this dump.” Barkis sneered at the main foyer.
 
“Wow…” cried Barrack. “This place is fabulous. You could just do so much with it. Of course it's a bit spooky.”
 
“Barrack…” said Barkis and he gestured to Barracks hobo glove which was on fire from being too close to the fire on the torch.
 
“DEEEEEEYAH… AAAAAHHH!!” He quickly put it out before it seeped to the rest of his outfit.
 
“If you're quite finished… let's look for the what we came for.” Said Barkis and off they went in search of Elder Gutknecht's private library.
 
Meanwhile, back at the farm
 
 
The dishes were really looking bare by the time dinner was over. “Too much, Victoria? We only just had enough.” Said Emily.
 
Victor wiped his mouth clean. “Mmm… delectable Emily” he said. “And Victoria you're cooking is lovely too.”
 
The ladies curtseyed, we all let out great big yawns as a sign as it was almost time for bed after a good long day.
 
Victor and I cleared the table and helped our wives wash the dishes. Victor even let Scraps outside to do his business in the yard before bed, and take the time to fetch Emily's maggot.
 
“Sometimes, I really wonder why I even bother hang out in her head.”
 
We all shared one giant Bedroom upstairs with two king-sized four poster royal beds at opposite ends of the room.
 
Of course it was always dark in the land of the Dead, and Corpses didn't really always have to sleep, but that too was a sport we just didn't want to break.
 
As Emily brushed her hair she felt victors hand gently curl around her shoulders and began rubbing them. “Ooh… Oh, my!” she said sounding comfortable.
 
“Your shoulders are so delicate, darling.” He whispered into her ear. “Like two little doves so close yet they'll never meet.”
 
Emily smiled and moaned happily. She turned her head and gently peck Victor on the cheek.
 
Victoria and I were looking outside at the sleepy town in the distance, and yes even in this world our night sky did have stars, and a moon, they just weren't as good as the ones we knew when we were alive, but still it was a nice view.
 
“It's all so quiet, and beautiful.” Said Victoria, “Mother never would let me near the window. Too improper for a young lady to be seen she said.”
 
“Well your mother was as cold hearted as my loneliness was.” I said, “That goes double for your father.”
 
Normally Victoria wasn't too keen on someone insulting her parents, but then again I did have a point. It was her parents who really killed me, and made her life miserable until I came and took her away.
 
She nestled happily into my arms. “I do love you, Mykan. You know that?”
 
I gentility kissed my wife and held her close, “Of course I do… why wouldn't I. “You really are someone different Victoria, you the One of a kind that van ever be matched, just like I once was.”
 
Victor and Emily joined us in our sight seeing. One-by-one the lights in the town went out, and most of the citizens had gone home to be. It was such a beautiful scene tonight we just had to sing our favorite bedtime song.
 
 
(Emily)
 
I think that it is wonderful that I can see a star
When it's so very far away.
 
“Hello Far away star.”
 
(Mykan)
 
I think that it is wonderful that I can hear birds sing
When outside everything is still.
 
“Hello Bird on the wing.”
 
 
Inside Emily's head, the Maggot was enjoying chewing the wax building up inside her ear.
 
 
(Maggot)
 
I think that it is wonderful that to eat my food all up
Especially at suppertime
 
“Or breakfast time, or lunchtime. It doesn't matter”
 
“Hello delicious food.”
 
(Victoria)
 
I think that it is wonderful that I can smell a rose
I'm so glad that my nose knows how
 
“Hello sweet smelling rose.”
 
(Victor)
 
I think that it is wonderful to pet my dog named Scraps
It doesn't matter where we are.
 
“Hello Scraps my dog.”
 
(All… in their own chorus)
 
(I think that it is wonderful…)
(I think that it is wonderful…)
(That I can see…)
(And I can Smell)
(And I can hear birds sing)
(To pet my dog named scraps)
 
(Yes it is wonderful…)
 
(ALL)
 
I think that it is wonderful what we can do at night.
(When it's so very far away)
(When outside everything is still)
(Especially at Suppertime)
(I'm so glad that my nose Knows how)
(It doesn't matter where we are)
 
 
We all snuggled into bed…
 
(Emily)
 
Good night Far away star.
 
(Mykan)
 
Good night Bird on the wing.
 
(Maggot)
 
Good night delicious food.
 
(Victoria)
 
Good night sweet smelling rose.
 
(Victor)
 
Good night Scraps my dog.
 
(Emily)
 
(Yawning) Good night Far away star.
 
(Mykan)
 
(Yawning) Good night Bird on the wing.
 
(Maggot)
 
(Yawning) Good night delicious food.
 
(Victoria)
 
(Yawning) Good night sweet smelling rose.
 
(Victor)
 
(Yawning) Good night Scraps my dog.
 
And as the last of our song came to an end we all snuggled happily under the covers and fell into a warm comfortable sleep.